InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Transfer Student Inuyasha! ❯ Opening the Sealed ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Transfer Student Inuyasha!

Chapter 34: Opening the Sealed

~*~*~*~*~

Shippo watched the sun set on yet another boring day. Why weren't Kagome and Inuyasha visiting? Should he do something and bring them back?

"Shippo!" Sango cried from the hut. "Come back, dinner's ready!"

Shippo hopped down from the stump he had been resting on and ran towards the hut. Seeing Sango waiting in the doorway for him, he dashed madly in an attempt to keep the others from having to wait for him.

~*~*~*~*~

After dinner, Kaede had a surprise for Shippo. Walking over to the sleepy kitsune, she brought a small vial out from behind her back. Shippo's attention had been caught, and he stared questioningly at the foaming liquid.

"Shippo, do you know what this is?" Shippo shook his head and Kaede continued. "It's a vial with a very special liquid inside. It was nearly impossible to make, so you should be very gentle with it." Kaede passed the vial to the kitsune carefully, before she told him any more.

"So what is it?" Shippo pondered.

"It is the secret to bringing Kagome and Inuyasha back. If it is dropped on anything, it will become a portal to Kagome's time. We must make a careful decision on where to make the portal."

"But why do you want to make a portal? I thought that I was the only one who was anxious for their return!" Shippo exclaimed.

At this point, Miroku and Sango came over from their positions on the other side of the hut. "We are all afraid that something might have happened. We did not want to make you scared, so we refrained from speaking about it around you."

"Thanks for the trust guys," Shippo sulked. Although he could understand their actions, he still didn't like them. Suddenly, the realization of what this meant came to him. "Will we be able to go to Kagome's world?"

"Hai, but we must be very careful. This portal is only temporary, and it will closed in one day. We cannot risk sending more than one person through, in case the group was slowed down for any reason. Having people in this time will assure that a portal can be made once again in an emergency."

"I want to go!" Shippo yelled.

"Absolutely not little one." Kaede replied softly.

"Why not? I want to see Kagome again!"

"Because you will be easily distracted Shippo," Sango chimed in. "Besides, when you see Kagome you may forget to tell her about the portal."

"I am obviously not the one to go, since I know how to make the portal if necessary," Kaede added sagely. "Miroku is easily distracted by women, so he must not go as well. The most logical choice is Sango."

Sango stepped forward and bowed. "I will go. I must admit that I'm extremely anxious to see how Kagome is doing."

"Fine, then this matter is settled. Shippo, don't give me that look. Think about it. You'll see what I'm getting at."

Shippo thought and realized that Kaede was right. He shook his head in denial; he HAD to see Kagome. He would find his chance.

~*~*~*~*~

Kagome pranced in the snow like a new born calf as excitement coursed through her veins. School had been canceled due to the tremendous amount of snow that had been dumped the previous night.

Inuyasha watched Kagome dancing in the sunlight and sighed. She resembled an angel with snowflakes resting in her black hair. Wanting to join her, but not knowing how to do so, he stood his ground.

"Come on Inuyasha, dance with me," she cheerfully exclaimed. Noticing how uncomfortable he looked, she skipped over to him and grabbed him by the arm.

In a flash Inuyasha's uncertainty had disappeared and he was twirling with Kagome in the white heaven made of snow.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The sky resembled a watercolor canvas that evening, but Shippo didn't stop to admire the waterfall of color. He had waited for his chance all evening, and it had finally come. Sango and Miroku were off in another part of the village with Kirara, and Kaede had disappeared to find herbs. The kitsune had slyly told his friends that he was planning on staying in the hut and going to sleep early. He had curled up in a ball, and waited for his friends to leave.

After a few minutes of hearing nothing, and seeing nothing but snow fall lazily to the ground, Shippo jumped up. He carefully grasped the vial with both hands and ran out the door.

A minute or so later, Shippo was heading towards the clearing where the well was. After all, where better a place to put it than on the well itself? Most everything else that he could drop it on would have no affect, since very few things were in both eras.

Nearing the clearing, Shippo stopped to catch his breath. He gasped when he realized that his flight had taken him near the Goshinboku tree! Deciding that he had better be off, he began to run again.

Suddenly, Shippo smelled something familiar to his left. A twig snapped and he glanced over to see who was there, tripping on a rock in the process. Before he could do anything about it, the vial slipped from his fingers and smashed against the Goshinboku tree. His scream pierced the air as he realized what he had done. Turning to see who was there, his dismay became greater.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Shippo is a naughty naughty kitsune! Sorry once more for taking so long to update, but thanks for sticking with me! I've been very busy lately. A friend and I are created a website for the "best of the best" fanfiction in tons of categories of anime. It won't be up for a while now, and we still need to find a cheap good host, but if you'd like to be featured on it just send any fics to me at my email address and put "Fanfiction" as the title. That way I won't accidentally delete it. I'll get back to those of you whose fics I love! ^_^ This site is going to be a lot of fun.

~Isuki-chan