InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tree Messaging ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hey guys, this is my first fan-fic, so enjoy! So far, I haven’t seen a story like this, so if there is, Sorry!
Thanks to all who reviewed. Sorry just fixing a few mistakes. Next chapter should be up by Monday, the latest.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Inuyasha.

Chapter 1


The full moon brightened the summer night sky. It was rather late, or very early, whichever way you looked at it. The young girl lying on her bed saw it as another night without sleep.

Ever since her 15th birthday a few months ago, her life had begun to feel... incomplete. It felt like she should be somewhere else doing something other than be a normal teenager.

This feeling was slowly eating away at her. She had become distant from her friends and family. Her grades in school were diminishing and the teachers always had to snap her out of day dreams that mainly consisted of traveling across time and fighting evil. Through all of this, she had started to take an interest in the old legends her grandfather told her. The ones about the cursed hanyou and the Shikon jewel mesmerized her the most.

Two lovers, a hanyou and a miko, turned against each other because of a small glass ball. The ending had always made her sad. The miko sealed the hanyou to the Goshinboku, thinking he had betrayed her when it was a greedy human. She wanted to help the hanyou, but continued to remind herself it was only a legend and nothing more.

It always sounded like some manga story. She guessed it would be an interesting one, as long as it wasn’t too stretched out.

The girl sighed. She glanced over to her clock that read 2:19. Yea, definitely another sleepless night, and she had school in the morning too. Why couldn't summer break come already??

Starting to get warm, she crawled out of bed to open up her window. As she looked outside, she saw the Tokyo sky line. Because of her family shrine’s location on a hill, she had a good view of the city.

Her gaze drifted over to the Goshinboku. She had always felt a connection to the tree.

On there was an area where the bark was worn away. According to the legend, this was where the hanyou was sealed. Whenever she felt restless or lonely, all she had to do was place her hand on the worn area and she’d feel better, as if someone had come up behind her and embraced her.

Feeling as restless as ever, she grabbed her sweater from her desk chair and headed down stairs. It may be summer, bet she was not about to go outside in a tank top and her underwear past midnight.

As she stepped outside, the wind picked up, playing with her black locks of her hair. The shrine grounds had always freaked her out at night, so she ran for the tree. The moon was still high in the sky, still a long way from morning.

When she came up to the base of the tree, she stopped. She climbed over the small fence surrounding it and came to the worn away bark.

Something felt out of place, like there was someone else there. She looked around and saw no one.

‘Besides, why would someone try to rob a shrine?’ she thought to herself.

She placed her hand on the bark.

Everything around her turned white. She looked down. Was that snow? She reached down and felt the powder melt in her hand. It looked and acted like snow, but it didn’t feel cold at all.

She glanced up and was shocked. The tree was now several meters away, but that wasn’t what shocked her. At the base of the tree was a male figure clad in red robes. he had silver hair that stood out against his attire, but blended in with the soft snow. As she looked closer at his head, she noticed that he had dog ears.

Intrigued about this strange man, she took a step closer. The man’s head instantly shot up. he looked at her with intense, golden eyes.

As he sniffed and looked her over, his eyes softened and a cocky smirk grew across his face.

“It took you long enough to get here, wench.”