InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tree Messaging ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thanks to all who reviewed.
 
 
Chapter 2
 
 
Fifty years ago, he had been sealed by his love. For fifty years, he had waited in darkness for the one destined to free him.
 
When Inuyasha was sealed to Goshinboku, he been alone in a dark void. That is, until a strange being appeared to him. The white figure was bright against the darkness around him, so he never got a good look at it.
 
“Who are you?”
 
The figure answered with a female voice, `Inuyasha, I've come to help you during your entrapment to Goshinboku.'
 
“Help me? Listen lady, unless you can get this arrow outta me, leave. And you still haven`t answered my question, who are you?”
 
He looked up at her and swore she smirked, `I would hold your tongue if I were you, Inuyasha. You will be sealed for a few decades and I'm the only one here. I go by the name Aki.'
 
“You wanna help? Fine. Do whatever you feel you need to do.'
 
`As you wish' Inuyasha was brought to a scene from modern Japan at a certain familiar shrine. `Let's start from the beginning, shall we?'
 
Aki showed him what would happen in his future, after he was freed of course. She told him of a strange girl that would release him from this spell, but would put another on his heart. A kitsune, a monk, and a youkai exterminator would also join their odd ball group to defeat an enemy. Though the hanyou was shown many things about his future, he could not see the events that occurred after a certain point.
 
“C'mon, you have to show me how to defeat him,” Inuyasha complained.
 
`No, I cannot. I've shown you too much already.'
 
“Yeah, but I'm not going to remember any of this, so what's the point?”
 
The spirit gave him a hard stare, `The mind never forgets Inuyasha, remember that. Your memories can be suppressed, even altered to a point, but you will never truly forget them.'
 
He stopped bugging her about it after that, knowing from experience that she'd never change her mind. Besides, he had another goal in mind.
 
The day that the girl would arrive was fast approaching. The hanyou knew that once released, he would forget everything the tree told him. Inuyasha just hoped he wouldn't harm her, since she looked and smelled like the woman who had sealed him.
 
When the fated day finally arrived, the girl never came.
 
“Where is she? Why isn't she here?” Aki showed an image of the girl, but with a dark shadow looming over her. “What is that?”
 
An image of a figure wearing a baboon pelt came next, `This is the one that forced you and Kikyo apart. He is now after her reincarnation for the Shikon jewel. You, Inuyasha, must save her.'
 
“What? I thought you said she lived in another time. How would I get to her?”
 
She showed him a winter scene `This is the reality of Goshinboku. If you allow the tree to fully absorb you, you would stay here until she comes for you.'
 
The image of the girl came back. Inuyasha had figured out a long time ago that this was Kikyo's reincarnation; it was hard to miss the resemblance. Kikyo was in the past now, she was long dead. He still felt guilty over their departing though. If only they had trust each other, maybe this never would've happened.
 
Thinking back to that day when he had made his promise to the miko, he had to wonder; was he truly ready to give up his demonic heritage? His half blood had given him nothing but heartbreak and loneliness for as long as he could remember. The only person to fully accept him as a hanyou was his mother, and that hadn't ended well. Even Kikyo didn't accept his youkai blood, but…
 
His answer to his own question was yes. He would have turned into the thing he hated the most for her. For all of his life, Inuyasha was always pushed away because of his split heritage. So when someone actually treated him like a normal person…he would've done anything to keep that feeling, even if it meant becoming a weak human.
 
But now things were different. He might not have been able to protect Kikyo, so here was his second chance to set things right. He knew this girl was his future
 
“Alright, I'll do it.”
 
Aki smiled.
 
~*~
 
When hunters from the village came by the tree the next day, they panicked at the now missing hanyou. The only thing left on the tree was Kikyo's arrow.
 
“Kaede-sama, what does this mean?”
 
The old miko sighed, “I do not know what has happened, but the hanyou is now out of our hands.” To herself she thought, `Inuyasha, what have you done now?'
 
~*~
 
Inuyasha had spent five centuries in this waste land, if that it what one would call it. It was a large field with Goshinboku situated right in the middle of it. Snow was always falling, though no more than half a meter would accumulate on the ground. The hanyou soon realized that he could no longer feel, though he still retained the rest of his senses.
 
Being bored and the impatient hanyou that he was, Inuyasha had tried several times to find the edge the snowy waste land, only to get lost during all said attempts. The field was never ending, and other than Goshinboku, had no other land marks or foliage.
 
After about three centuries, the hanyou's temper had begun to stretch to its limits. Well, he was impatient and had only one person to talk to.
 
“Don't you have anything else to do other than annoy me all century?”
 
`Inuyasha, how many times do I have to tell you, I'm stuck here as much as you are. I'm here to stay, so you might as well get used to it.'
 
“Keh, whatever…”
 
~*~
 
Inuyasha was lightly dozing one night when he heard snow crunch under pressure. His head snapped up to see the girl he had waited five hundred years for standing just a few meters away. He couldn't help but smirk.
 
“It took you long enough to get here, wench.”