InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Troubles At Work ❯ The perfect dinner ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha
 
Kagome brushed her silky long raven hair back from her face. She picked up a bobby pin to pin her hair back from her face. She had put on a black evening gown with a red rose pinned on her right shoulder. The gown was sleeveless and it dragged the ground. She placed the brush onto her dresser and studied her reflection. She smiled brightly as she took in her appearance. She had pulled her hair back and pinned it so that her hair would only cover a part of her face while the rest was pulled tightly and pinned behind her ear.
 
Kagome jumped when she heard the doorbell ring. She quickly rushed out of her room and down the stairs towards the front door where Koga stood on the other side of the door. She jerked open the door and gave Koga a big smile. Koga stared at her in shock but quickly smiled as he took in her beautiful smile.
 
“Wow, you look great!” He leaned over to kiss her cheek. “Hmmm… I smell something really good inside! Is it, steak and green beans? Hmmm, oh and potatoes?”
Kagome smiled. “I could never fool your nose!”
 
Koga grasped her and pulled her tightly to him. “You know I love you, right?”
 
Kagome struggled to breathe. “Of course!”
 
Koga released her and grinned down at her. "Lets eat!" He walked into the house and turned to her. "So, have you decided something that I should know about?" He questioned as Kagome closed the door.
 
"Um, I plan to stay at my job. I strongly think the boss may promote me." Kagome informed him with out meeting his eyes.
Koga bit back his angry words as he released a deep dissatisfied groan. He let her words slide though as his senses were full of only one thing, the smell of dinner.
Kagome smiled at him. “I made you your favorite.”
 
Koga smirked at her. “You know how to warm my heart!” He quickly kissed her cheek and rushed into the dinning room. Kagome released an exhausted sigh. She had worked a few hours on the meal, and she was happy to be out of the hot kitchen. She followed Koga into the dining room and grabbed the pitcher of water she had placed in the middle of the table beside the wildflowers.
 
“Would you like some water?” She asked in a pleasant voice.
 
“YEAH!” Koga emphasized as he grabbed the wine glass and held it up. Kagome frowned and poured the water into the small water glass on the table. Koga frowned as he placed the wine glass back on the table. “I knew that. You know, Kagome, you don't have to go so all out for me!” Koga gestured at the overly fancy glasses and flower plates that were placed neatly on the table.
 
Kagome frowned. “I felt like it.” Kagome actually felt that if she did not go so far out, he would have told her that he forbidden her to work. She had to prove that she could do everything he needed.
 
“That's why you're my woman!” Koga drooled as he admired her.
 
“I better get dinner!” Kagome rushed into the kitchen and grabbed the try that she had the sliced steak on and the serving bowels for the green beans and mashed potatoes. She rushed into the dinning room just as the phone rang. Kagome frowned. “Who is calling at this hour?” She placed the serving trays before Koga and Koga started to dig into the food as she walked over to the cordless phone. She picked it up cautiously and hit the talk button. “Hello?”
 
“Good! You're home! Come to the office immediately!”
 
Kagome's face fell. She recognized the sharp tone of voice instantly. Her boss, Inu Yasha. “I-“
 
“Your job depends on it!” Inu Yasha's voice blared through the phone. Kagome turned to eye Koga feasting on the food as if he had not eaten in weeks. Her heart fell as realization hit her like a ton of bricks.
 
“Yes, I understand.” Kagome said softly into the phone as she heard the dial tone blare into her ear. She took a gulp as she looked up at the ceiling and pretended that someone was still on the phone. “It happens, I'll come over and help you out. No, no… it's what friends are for.”
 
Koga's ears twitched as his attention was suddenly focused on the phone call.
 
“Right… I'll be right over. Don't panic.” Kagome hung up the phone and turned to Koga with a distressing face. “That was…”
 
Koga tossed the lamb bone onto the white table cloth as he stood up with a displeased look on his face. “Don't lie, Kagome. That was your bastard of a boss.” He tightened his jaw and narrowed his eyes. “How dare that bastard!” Without warning, Koga slammed his fist through the table and everything fell onto the floor in one heap. He turned to stare at Kagome. “I'm coming with you.”
 
Kagome's eyes widened. “NO!”
 
Koga shook his head as he grabbed her wrist and pulled her behind him as he charged to the door. “He said to meet him at his office?”
 
“Right… how did you?” Kagome's voice faded.
 
“I'm a wolf youki. I'm surprised that you actually believed I wouldn't hear. Especially, him yelling at you. No one yells at you except me! Got that?”
 
Kagome tightened her jaw as she was dragged out to Koga's car. He opened the car door and tossed her into it and slammed the car door closed. He rushed around and got into the drivers side. He turned to her and stared the engine. “Where do you work?”
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Inu Yasha paced in his office. There was a pile of papers on the right side of his desk and more papers piled in various places throughout his office. His business jack was tossed carelessly over his black leather chair. His long silver hair clung onto his skin from him sweating over his work.
 
“Where is that wrench?” He growled as the seconds ticked by on his clock. He was starving and Kagome was taking forever to get there. “She had better hurry or I'll fire her!” Suddenly, he heard the front office door burst open. He snapped his attention to the sound of wood breaking from the impact. “What the hell?”
 
With in seconds, Koga appeared in the doorway glaring at Inu Yasha. He exposed his white fangs at Inu Yasha as he seethed, “How dare you interrupt our dinner?!?!”
 
Kagome rushed up behind Koga. “Enough! You're going to get me fired!” She shrieked.
 
Inu Yasha growled at Koga. “Koga!”
 
Kagome stopped in her tracks as Inu Yasha's recognizing Koga took her by surprise. “You two know each other?”
 
Inu Yasha rolled up the sleeves of his shirt. “You bastard!” Without warning, Inu Yasha leaped onto Koga and the two fell through the wall in a mass of body parts as the two started mangling together. Kagome watched as Inu Yasha bit Koga's leg and Koga clawed into Inu Yasha's back, tearing apart his shirt.
 
“Stop it, you two!” Kagome shrieked.
 
Inu Yasha ignored her as he tore into Koga's calf and Koga pulled on Inu Yasha' hair.
 
Kagome looked around at the office, trying desperately to find something to stop the two of them. Her eyes fell upon the phone. She rushed over to it and ripped it from the wall, knowing that no matter what, she had lost her job now. She turned to the two men and threw the phone as hard as she could at them. It hit Inu Yasha in the face which caused him to kick Koga in the cheek. However, they paid no attention to the phone. Kagome growled in frustration as she continued to glare at the two full-grown men acting like brats. She grabbed her purse and pulled her keys from her purse, glad that Koga had given her a key to his car. “I'm outta here! Good bye!”
 
The two continued to slash into each other's flesh as she stepped over them and left.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
Kagome rolled over in her bed in tears. Her silk nightgown barley covered her cold skin. It had spaghetti straps and it fell mid thigh where it had a lace trim. She could not believe that her job had started and stopped just as quickly. She chocked on her tears as she looked towards her window which she had left open, so she could enjoy the breeze. The stars twinkled brightly in the sky as the clouds overcast the full moon. One way or another, Koga had to take her job from her and leave a mass of destruction in his path. At times she wondered why she even was with his still with him, let alone engaged to him. Kagome closed her eyes and turned from the window.
 
“You know, sleeping with the windows open is very dangerous.” A voice came from outside her window.
 
Kagome sat up straight and grabbed her covers and pulled them over her chest to hide any possibilities of revealing too much. “Who are you?” She demanded.
 
A form stepped closer to her window, but still remained in the shadows. “Lets just say I prefer to be left in the dark.” He mused.
 
“You better leave or I'll scream!” Kagome yelled at him. Her heart was racing. Would he kill her?
 
“Look, you did enough damages with that damn phone!” He growled.
 
Realization hit her like a ton of bricks. “Boss?”
 
Inu Yasha grimaced. “Yeah. I came by to… um… apologize. I was not thinking of your life, I was just thinking of the million dollar home I had just received.”
 
Kagome turned and reached over to turn on her lamp by her bed. The light filled the room and Inu Yasha disappeared. She turned to the window in shock. “Why are you hiding?”
 
Inu Yasha clicked his tongue. “I have my reasons.”
 
Kagome got out of her bed and grabbed her robe. She slowly eased her way to the window, hoping that his sensitive hearing would not hear her footsteps. “What do you need?”
 
Inu Yasha took a deep breath. “I need you to take a few hundred pictures of the mansion tomorrow. The other job can wait a day.”
 
Kagome touched the wall beside the window, glad that he had not heard her yet. She took a slow deep breath.
 
“This mansion could land the company on easy street.” Inu Yasha continued.
 
Kagome held her breath and leaned out her window quickly. Her face was a mere inch from Inu Yasha's. Her eyes widened in shock as she took in his appearance. Inu Yasha turned to catch her expression. His hair was the color of midnight and his eyes were a beautiful color of violet. “Inu Yasha… boss?” She whispered in shock as she took in his handsome appearance.
 
“Did I not say I have my reasons?” He snarled as he turned from her.
 
Kagome reached out the window and touched his bruised face. “You're hurt!”
 
Inu Yasha turned to look at her. His eyes widened with surprise. “You're not going to insult my human appearance?”
 
Kagome shook her head slowly. “No, you are very handsome.” She released his cheek and clasped her hand over her mouth at the shocking words she had just said to her horrible boss.
 
His eyes widened with interest. “Better looking than that Koga-baka?” He then did something she never thought she would see, he smirked at her.
 
“As you were saying about the mansion?” Kagome said, changing the subject. A full moon could do so many crazy things, and making her want to embrace her horrible boss was one of them.
 
“Here are the directions to the mansion. It has a gate, so here are the keys to the gate and mansion.” He handed her the keys, and she placed her hand into his to accept them. The second her skin touched his, he grasped her hand in his. She looked at him wild eyed. Inu Yasha looked deeply into her eyes. “Don't tell anyone that you saw me… like this.”
 
Kagome stared at him. He was so handsome and he was making her heart melt. “Why?”
 
He tightened his jaw. “It's embarrassing. As a human, I am weak and vulnerable. If there was a way to become a full-“ His words were cut off as Kagome touched his cheek once again. His eyes turned to look at her.
 
“I like you the way that you are.” She whispered. “You should like it more too. Let me treat your wounds.”
 
Inu Yasha stared at her in disbelief. She gestured towards the front door and walked away from the window. However, Inu Yasha climbed through the window and gave her a sheepish grin. “I'm not too fond of using the front entrance.”
 
Kagome frowned. She pulled open her desk drawer and pulled out her first aid kit. She turned to him as he sat on her bed Indian style. She sat beside him and opened the kit. She pulled out some creams and bandages. Carefully, she applied the first aid to him. She continued to clean his wounds as he studied her carefully.
 
“Why are you with that baka?” He asked bluntly.
 
Kagome looked at him in surprise. “You mean Koga? We have been dating for years, and then at Christmas, he proposed to me.” Kagome showed him her engagement ring. “He had been a good guy, and I really care for him.”
 
Inu Yasha rolled his eyes. “Cared for him? Does that mean you don't love the baka?”
 
Kagome nearly dropped the bandages. “I-I don't know what you mean…”
 
Inu Yasha turned to look at her and placed his forehead on hers. “You deserve better than that.”
 
Kagome blushed a deep shade of red. The air had gone from overly cold to overly hot within seconds. “Um… I… Um…” Kagome became flabbergasted as Inu Yasha took the first aid kit from in front of her and closed it.
 
“Thanks.” He said and he got up from her bed. “Well, you need to get some shut eye, and I need to go home and do the same.” He pondered as he walked over to the window. He turned to look at her one more time. “Oh, and because you took off with your lover's car, he walked home.”
 
Kagome groaned as she fell backwards onto her bed. “Shit, I am in so much trouble with him now!”
 
Inu Yasha laughed. “Well, I assumed it was a good idea. We had fought for over an hour before I kicked his ass.”
 
Kagome sat up and gave him a questionable look. “Really?”
 
Inu Yasha would not meet her eyes. “Well, it was just before the moon came out and took away my powers.”
 
Kagome shook her head in disbelief as Inu Yasha leaped out of the window and vanished into the night. Kagome fell backwards onto her bed and stared at the ceiling, in complete awe over this side of her boss.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!! Things are changing for Kagome's thoughts of her boss already… will he be nice to her the next day… or just as nasty as ever? Lol You can also see my updates, sneak peaks and more on my fanfic site! Fanfic. Myinterests. Com