InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Troubles At Work ❯ KIDNAPPED! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Dude, I don't own InuYasha! LOL
Kagome pinned her hair into a bun on the back of her head. It was the following morning after InuYasha and she had talked the night before. Kagome looked at herself in the mirror and smiled. She was wearing a white button down blouse tucked neatly into her tight yet comfortable back skirt that falls down to her mid-thigh. Her goal was to get the pictures for her boss, and go to that lunch where he would tell her about her future with the company. Kagome took a deep breath and stood up. She grabbed her supplies and rushed out of her house. She smiled at Miroku who was unlocking his car door.
“Good morning, Kagome!” He shouted to her as he waved to her.
“Good morning, Miroku!” Kagome replied in a cheerful voice. She rushed over to her car and fumbled for her keys.
“Hey, Kagome, are you going to the office tomorrow?” Miroku asked as he tossed his briefcase into the car.
Kagome clicked the button on her key ring and her car beeped. “Actually, I hope to. I need to get my office space organized and such. Why?”
“Can you give me a lift? Sango needs the car…” Miroku asked as he turned to look at Kagome.
Kagome turned to look at him. “Of course!”
Miroku smiled at her. “Thank you!” He then closed the drivers door and started up his engine.
Kagome did the same and she placed her key in the ignition and turned it. Miroku backed out of his driveway and drove off. However, Kagome's car did not come to life. In fact, the engine didn't even attempt to turn. Kagome's heart stopped beating. “No…” She tried three more times, before she finally gave up. She lowered her head onto her steering wheel. “Not today…” Tears sprang to her eyes. “NO!” She turned her attention to the car that was parked beside hers. Koga's car. Kagome took a deep swallow as she gathered her stuff together and got out of her car.
“Where are you going, Kagome?” A man's voiced asked from behind her.
Kagome froze. The calm voice belonged to no one else except Koga. She turned to look at him in shock. “You did not…?” She took in his ragged appearance. It looked as if he had gone directly to her house from InuYasha's office. In his hand he held the starter. Kagome's jaw fell as she took in the metal tube in his grasp. “Koga… what is that?”
“The starter to your car. Kagome, you are not working for that asshole!” Koga stated as he tossed the starter onto the driveway. Her driveway cracked under the weight of the starter. “I know him. You are forbidden to ever get near that hanyou!”
Kagome shook her head in shock. “Why? What is so wrong with working for him?”
Koga placed his hands on her shoulders. He looked deeply into her eyes. “He was my classmate in high school, and college.” Koga shook his head. “I had seen what he did to humans. Especially women. I will not allow you to be subjected to his ways.”
Kagome pulled herself from his grasp. “I have no idea what you're talking about! He is my boss and I plan to keep this job until I decide to leave it!”
Koga glared at her. “I will not allow you near that bastard!” Koga stormed over to his car and yanked open the door. “Be certain that you will have no job under that guy ever again!”
Kagome glared at Koga as he started to get into his vehicle. He then stopped himself and walked over to the starter he had tossed onto the driveway and grabbed it. “Don't think I would forget this.” He then stormed back into his car and slammed the door once he was inside. He tossed her starter as if it was nothing onto the passenger seat. He then turned on his ignition and backed out of her driveway, leaving Kagome stuck at home.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
InuYasha paced his office. His long silvery white hair was tangled from him pulling on his hair. Paperwork was piled in high piles on the floor. He looked down at some of the paperwork and kicked the pile. It scattered into the other piles. “Where the hell is she?” he barked. He turned his attention to the clock on the wall. It was only a quarter to five. She had stood him up for lunch, and he still had no pictures of the mansion. “I should have never trusted that bitch! Damn! I was a fool!” He extended his claws and slammed them into his desk with frustration. The desk broke in half from the impact. “DAMN HER!”
 
InuYasha's secretary, who's office was just outside of his, calmly picked up her phone and dialed a number from the top of her head. She placed the phone against her ear as InuYasha' chair flew by her office door. “Yes, he needs a new desk, chair-“ Suddenly she heard the sound of glass shattering. “A new window…” A wall clock flew down the hall. “A new wooden wall clock,” She continued calmly as she placed her fingers on her keyboard to type a letter for InuYasha.
 
InuYasha released a loud roar as the door suddenly fell in front of her door. InuYasha picked up the defenseless door and started slamming it against the floor and walls. The door instantly shattered into millions of pieces. “I'm not going to just fire the Bitch! I'm going to kill her!”
 
“A new door for InuYasha-Sama's office.” The secretary continued calmly.
 
InuYasha tossed the fragments across the hall and looked into the secretary's office. He reached down and grabbed a chair from beside the door and tossed it out of her window, missing her head by inches. “I'm going to the Bitch's house!”
 
“I need a new chair and window as well.” The secretary finished as InuYasha stormed out of the office and slammed the front door behind him. “That appears to be all this time. Please get the items here as soon as possible.”
 
“Jasmine,” The person on the phone sighed. “How do you put up with his temper? You're so calm while he tears the place apart!”
 
Jasmine leaned back in her seat. “Well, I've been her for a month now. I've grown very use to his temper.”
 
“A month?!?!” The person yipped into the phone. “I would not even last a day there! This is the third time this week you called me about his destruction, and it's only Wednesday!”
 
“You mean it's already Wednesday? Wow… he's doing pretty good this week then!” Jasmine pondered.
 
“GOOD?!?!?!” The person chocked on the other end of the phone. Then, there was the sound of a heavy object falling on the other end of the line. Jasmine pressed her lips together. This was not the first time someone fainted from InuYasha's destruction.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
Kagome released a deep breath as she took her camera off her neck. She had missed her only chance to have lunch with InuYasha thanks to having a hard time calling taxies. She could not believe it when she discovered that Koga cut the lines to her house. She sat on the steps to the mansion. Her hair was half up and the rest hung from her head like a mop. She didn't have many issues with the mansion though. It was a very photogenic place. The hardest part was finding a payphone in the neighborhood because her cell phone was missing. She had tried Sango's house, but Sango did not answer the door. Kagome placed the camera onto her lap and lowered her head onto her camera. She wanted to cry. She knew InuYasha would blow up at her for standing him up, but she also knew how important this job was for the company. She debated on how she would get the photos to InuYasha. There was no payphones in the rich neighborhood. She sighed. All she could really do was walk home. It was only a few hours away, and she needed to exercise anyhow. She looked up towards the sun and trees and frowned. She hoped she would get home before the sun went down completely.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
InuYasha pounded his paw onto Kagome's front door. His face was reddened with anger. “OPEN UP BITCH!” He screamed. “I KNOW YOU'RE THERE! I SEE YOUR CAR!” InuYasha stopped for a moment before he raised his fist to pound on her door some more.
 
“Boss! What are you doing?!” Miroku hollered from his car. He had just pulled into his driveway just to find his boss pounding on Kagome's door. Miroku quickly opened his car door and got out. He leaned against the door as he watched Inuyasha.
 
“Keh! The Bitch did not go to work today!” InuYasha informed Miroku as he turned to look at him.
 
Miroku scratched the top of his head. “That is not like Kagome at all. She was dressed really nice this morning and I saw her getting into her car before work.” Miroku said as he glanced at her car. “I wonder what is wrong?”
 
InuYasha raised an eyebrow. “Wrong? Why would there be anything wrong? She just does not want the job!” InuYasha turned to the door and growled. “YOU'RE FIRED!”
 
Miroku shook his head. “I doubt she can hear you, boss.”
 
InuYasha glared at him. “Fine! I'll call her phone! She'll hear that!” InuYasha pulled out his cell phone and pounded in some numbers before placing the phone by his dog ear. InuYasha listened for several seconds before lowering his cell phone and inching towards the house.
 
“What's wrong?” Miroku asked as he watched InuYasha close his cell phone.
 
“The phone doesn't ring in her house?” InuYasha asked Miroku.
 
Miroku pulled out his own cell phone and closed his car door. “I have her house and cell phone.” He quickly dialed the first number and walked over to InuYasha's side. He pressed his ear against the door and hit the send button. InuYasha did the same. Miroku's phone rang, but Kagome's house remained quiet. Miroku tried her cell number. It went directly to voicemail. Miroku looked at InuYasha. “This is not normal…”
 
InuYasha looked around the house and walked to the side of the house. His eyes fell onto the wires that came from the telephone pole to her house. InuYasha reached out and saw the line had been cut. “Miroku, how long do you think this has been cut?”
 
Miroku rushed over to his side. He shook his head as he took in the slice. “No more than a day. Tops.”
 
InuYasha turned to the car. “Shit, I feel sick now.”
 
Miroku rushed over to Kagome's car. It looked fine. He tried to open the door, and the door opened. “The car is unlocked…” Miroku knew it was not common for her to do that. He looked around to see if he could spot anything weird.
 
InuYasha examined the driveway and noticed an area where the driveway had some clean breaks in it. As if something heavy had just been dropped onto the driveway. “Shit!”
 
Miroku popped the hood of Kagome's car as InuYasha dashed towards his own car. Miroku's eyes widened. “Her starter is gone!”
 
Inuyasha did not stop. He had seen enough to know Kagome was most likely in grave trouble. “Call the police! I'm going to see if I can find her!”
 
Miroku rushed towards his house. InuYasha felt like an ass. He jumped to conclusions with out giving her the benefit of the doubt. Now, she could be dead and all he was doing was cursing her and calling her worthless.
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
Kagome carried her heavy camera bags down the street. The afternoon sun was bearing down on her as she huffed. The street felt as if it was going on forever. She was in superb health, but carting the heavy camera supplies had proven to be too much for her. Kagome glanced towards the stop sign at the end of the street. She could barely remember which way to turn. She swallowed as she strained for liquid. Only an half hour past since she started her lengthy walk. She listened as her stomach rumbled. “Oh man, I wish there was a place to eat.”
 
As Kagome neared the street, her brown eyes glanced down the lengthy highway. She frowned as she realized what road she had just gotten to. The highway was several miles from her home. Kagome sighed and turned to head south on the highway, figuring that her home was in that direction. She continued to walk until she heard something come from behind her. Her heart stopped as she realized that no one would normally be near the highway, unless they were walking some place, or worse. Kagome slowly looked over her shoulder.
 
Kagome did not see anything when she looked over her shoulder. The cars kept coming and Kagome released a heavy sigh. She looked forwards and started to walk again. She walked a few feet before she realized there were no cars coming. Kagome froze once again. Her skin began to crawl. She quickly picked up her pace. She hoped a car would drive down the highway soon. She continued to walk quickly when someone grabbed her from behind. Kagome dropped her camera supplies and released a loud scream. A hand clasped over her mouth, and she felt a sharp pressure impact her back. Then, everything went black.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
Koga sighed as he got into his car. He knew that since Kagome could not go to work InuYasha would fire her. Koga tossed the starter onto the passenger seat. He felt bad about leaving her stranded at her house, but he had to ensure she would not be InuYasha's employee. He started to back out of his driveway when a car skidded to a stop at the foot of his driveway. “What the hell is this?” Koga grumbled as the driver got out of the car and slammed the door close. Koga undid his own belt and pushed his door open just as a fist impacted his face. Koga fell backwards onto the car. He looked at the attacker as he rubbed his jaw. “InuYasha… what the hell are you doing here?”
 
Miroku rushed up to InuYasha's side. “Is Kagome-chan here?”
 
Koga stopped rubbing his jaw. “No, why the hell would she be?”
 
“She's not at home. Her car is in the driveway with the starter missing. The phone line is even cut!” Miroku informed Koga.
 
“What? She's not home?!” Koga panicked. His mind rushed over with thoughts of what could have happened. He slid down his car and fell back into his car seat.
 
“No, asshole.” InuYasha grumbled.
 
Koga rubbed his hand over his face. “Shit… she…” Koga shot a sideways glance at InuYasha. “Where did you want her to take pictures?”
 
InuYasha raised his eyebrow. “Why would that matter?”
 
“It just does.” Koga said as he turned his ignition. InuYasha looked into Koga's car and grabbed the starter from the passenger seat. Koga tried to snatch it back from InuYasha, but InuYasha was too quick.
 
“Koga, isn't this a starter?” InuYasha questioned as he narrowed his eyes.
 
Koga glared at InuYasha. “I just wanted you to fire her. She would have been safe if she stayed at home!” Koga shifted his car into drive. “If you had never appeared in her life.” Koga then slammed his foot onto the gas pedal and backed out of his driveway quickly. With in seconds, Koga sped away.
 
“Miroku, I think Koga is right. She would be at that mansion I told her to photograph. However, I have a really bad feeling…” InuYasha placed his finger against his chin in thought. “That she will not be there no more.”
 
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
 
A/N: WOOT! Another chapter! Please let me know what you think! Boy, things have taken an un-expecting turn in this story, even for me. Lol! Please review and let me know what you think! Also, a surprise for all of you. There's a new fan fiction site up if you guys are interested in joining it. It is located at fandom. Myinterests. Com There's contests and more there. I think you'll enjoy it a lot!