InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Troubles At Work ❯ The Last Place She was... ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha
Kagome groaned as she shifted to sit up. Her head was pounding from whatever had hit her. She blinked her eyes a few times, allowing them to adjust to the darkness that surrounded her.
“Good. You're finally awake.” A man's voice came from behind her. Kagome quickly turned to see a silhouette of a man behind her.
“Who are you? What do you want with me?” Kagome asked in a anxious voice.
“Me? I'm just the guy who saved a lonely girl who was walking on the side of the road, alone and scared.” He informed her as he walked closer to her. “A girl who looked similar to a lost puppy.” He erupted into laughter. “However, I am not interested in lost puppies. I've been waiting for this moment.”
Kagome glared at him. “What moment?”
Suddenly, the man grabbed her by the collar of her shirt. Kagome released a yipped as he pulled her close to his face. Her eyes focused on the man's blue bloodshot eyes. His eyes flashed with anger. “What does he see in you?”
Kagome gasped as the man released his hold on her. “You mean, Koga?”
The man sat back into the darkness. “Yes, your beloved Koga. I could not believe he did not stick to you like glue, like he always did to the women he supposedly loved.” The man laughed. “It's quite pitiful, really.”
Kagome glared at him. “Supposedly?”
“Well, he did get upset when I killed his family.” The man informed Kagome with a sneer. “It was amusing to watch as he screamed out in agony.”
Kagome looked at the man wide eyed. “What are you talking about?”
The man suddenly stopped. He turned his attention towards Kagome. “Oh, you do not know? Ask your love the next time you see him, where his parents are.” He stood up and walked across the room. “It is shocking that he would fall in love with a human. Oh well, more the fun I guess.”
Kagome watched as he walked over to her. “What do you want with me? Sorry, but Koga doesn't even know I'm here.”
The man snickered. “Do you know anything about the man you love?”
“Yes, I know that he loves me.” Kagome snapped back.
“Did you know he killed a woman before?” The man questioned.
Kagome rolled her eyes. “Of course not.”
The man grabbed her by her neck and lifted her from the ground. “He killed my only love.”
Kagome took in her breath. “He would never hurt a fly!”
The man chuckled. “That is where you are wrong.”
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Inu Yasha tightened his jaw in anger as he sped down the deserted highway. How could Koga be so stupid? Inu Yasha shifted the car into sixth gear. His corvette roared as he slammed his foot onto the gas even harder. Miroku grabbed his seatbelt and fiddled with it desperately. He attempted to snap it into place, but his fear prevented him. With a few more attempts, Miroku finally snapped his belt into place. He knew better than to say anything to Inu Yasha. He just closed his eyes tightly and began to pray. Inu Yasha glanced over at Miroku. “What are you scared of?”
Miroku choked. “Because you're going over 200 miles per hour!”
Inu Yasha glanced over at Miroku once again. “So? Don't tell me you never drove your car at 200 miles per hour or higher?”
Miroku swallowed. “No, can't say I ever have.”
Inu Yasha laughed. “Then you never lived!”
“I prefer to stay alive for my wife.” Miroku choked.
“Aw come on, live a little.” Inu Yasha joked as he rounded the corner, almost skidding off the road.
“Uh, no I think this is a bit much!” Miroku gasped in terror as he pushed himself back in his seat more.
Inu Yasha was about to respond when a siren blasted. Inu Yasha glanced into his review mirror to see a cop car skid onto the highway with it's lights flashing.
“Inu Yasha, I think…” Miroku started, but Inu Yasha tightened his jaw.
“I think you had best shut the hell up. I'm going to out race the bastard.” Inu Yasha informed Miroku.
“Oh boy. You think you can outrace the police's radios?”
Inu Yasha glanced over at Miroku and smirked just seconds before he floored the gas. Miroku held his breath in fear as Inu Yasha rounded another corner. However, this time, he was unable to stay on the road. He skidded onto the grass and then into the fence off the side of the road. Inu Yasha sharply turned the wheel of his car so that he could get back onto the road. Miroku moaned with fear as he covered his eyes.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Koga wasn't much farther ahead of InuYasha when a cop pulled him over. Koga groaned as he slammed his hands on his steering wheel in anger. The cop slowly got out of his car and closed the door. His hat covered his face as he pulled out his ticket book. He flipped his little ticket book open as he looked at Koga's tag. Koga seethed as he waited. He wished he could have outraced the cop, but his car was far from a sports car. He punched his steering wheel a few more times.
“License and registration, sir?” The cop finally said as he got to Koga's door.
Koga didn't bother to look. “Please, officer, my fiancé is missing! I'm afraid she's in danger!” Koga blurted.
The officer looked down at Koga. “Now, why would I care if your little missy is in danger?”
Koga's eyes widened as he saw the officer's face. The cold eyes glared down at Koga as some strands of midnight black hair covered his forehead slightly, however they did not hide the violet mark on the middle of his forehead. “Bankotsu!”
Bankotsu smirked at Koga. “You remember me, how nice.”
Koga gripped his steering wheel tightly. “What are you doing here?” He seethed.
Bankotsu closed this ticket book. “I live down the way. I'm astounded that I would see you on this side of the town.”
Koga glared at him. “What did you do to her?”
Bankotsu smirked. “Me? I'm just an officer of the law now. I can't hurt your girl.” He leaned on the driver's door. “However, my friends can do anything they want to.”
“Bankotsu, you tell me where she is, now!” Koga demanded.
“What makes you think I would know? I don't even know about your little fiancé.” Bankotsu proclaimed.
“Damn you! She was here earlier! I know it!” Koga insisted.
Bankotsu smirked. “Sorry to disappoint you, but I know nothing.”
Koga continued to glare at Bankotsu for a few more minutes. “Bull shit.”
Bankotsu smirked ever wider. “Now, your license and registration, please.”
Koga grumbled as he reached for his wallet. However, a car speeding faster than a speeding bullet flew past Bankotsu, missing him by mere inches. Bankotsu fell against Koga's car. He turned his head to see the smoke the other car left behind as it flew around the corner. Koga glared at Bankotsu. “Aren't you going to chase after that asshole?”
Bankotsu grumbled under his breath just as a cop car finally flew past them, not going nearly fast enough to catch up to the other car. “Damn! I know he saw me. Shit!” Bankotsu glared at Koga. “I'll get you next time, asshole.”
Koga gave him a cocky grin as he rushed back to his police car. He quickly pulled out and started up his sirens as he flew past Koga. Koga grinned broadly. “Thank you, Inu Yasha.” He turned on his car's engine and pulled out of the gravel as he followed after everyone else.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
Miroku pulled out his cross and held in firmly in his hand as he said his hundredth prayer. Inu Yasha skidded around another corner, narrowly missing it. Miroku knew that once he turned off his engine, he would kiss the ground and never get into a car with his boss ever again.
“There it is. The mansion I told Kagome to photograph.” Inu Yasha informed Miroku as he flew onto the property of the mansion. He slammed on his breaks and skidded to a stop, destroying the perfect lawn in the process. He then turned his engine off.
“Thank God!” Miroku breathed as he reached for the door handle. Inu Yasha grabbed Miroku's chest to stop him.
“Don't move.” He ordered. Miroku held his breath as a cop car sped by. Inu Yasha grinned at Miroku. “See? No harm done.”
Miroku glared at Inu Yasha. “Says you! I lost thirty years off my life just now!”
Inu Yasha unbuckled his seatbelt. “Stop your complaining.”
Miroku opened his door as he undid his belt. He instantly fell to the ground and kissed the moist grass and mud.
“It was not that bad!” Inu Yasha barked as he turned to the mansion. He took a deep breath and frowned. “Shit. We missed her.”
Miroku looked up at Inu Yasha. “How?”
Inu Yasha turned around and pointed to his nose. “Her stench is almost gone. She must have started to walk on home.”
Miroku shook his head. “We would have seen her.”
Inu Yasha nodded his head. “We should have unless, someone took her.”
Miroku opened his mouth to reply when a siren blared past the mansion. Inu Yasha looked towards the gate to see the second police car fly by. He breathed out a sigh of relief. “Man, don't they ever give up?”
Miroku started to stand when Inu Yasha grabbed his arm and pulled him to his feet. “We walk from here.”
Miroku nodded his head as he tried to keep his stomach acids down. They rushed towards the gate just as Koga's car skidded to a stop. Koga glared at them as he popped his head out of his window. “She's not there?”
Inu Yasha glared at him. “Not anymore.”
Koga swore under his breath. “Then I must rely on my nose.”
Inu Yasha glared at him. “Your piece of shit nose?”
Koga glared at him. “What's it to you, dog boy?”
Inu Yasha started to approach Koga with his hand balled up into a fist. “You little shit!”
Koga laughed as he raced his car onto the property. He quickly parked it behind Inu Yasha's car and rushed out so he could catch up to the other two. “Look, this is my woman. You butt yourselves out of this.”
Inu Yasha rolled his eyes. “Keh! As if I'd leave one of my employees in your claws you worthless wolf!”
Koga stretched as he grinned. “My nose is a thousand time better then yours, dog boy.”
“Bull shit!” Inu Yasha proclaimed. “You couldn't smell a-“
Koga suddenly stopped as he took in a deep sniff. He burst out running until he got to the place that Kagome's smell was the strongest. He looked around the deserted street, inhaling Kagome's scent. “Where are you, Kagome?” He whispered as his eyes scanned the tall weeds and grass for any hints.
Inu Yasha strolled over to Koga and glanced around. His eyes focused on a piece of cloth that dangled from some dead weeds. Inu Yasha walked over to the cloth and took it off the dead weed. He took a deep inhale of the fabric. “It's Kagome's.”
Koga snatched the torn cloth from Inu Yasha and held it to his nose. “Shit, it is.” He looked over to Inu Yasha.
“You smell it too, don't you?” Inu Yasha stated.
Koga balled his hand tightly into a fist, holding the clue to Kagome's whereabouts in his hand. “Yes.”
Miroku gasped for air. “What are you two talking about?”
Inu Yasha started to answer Miroku, but Koga interrupted him. “A creature took Kagome. A creature that I had the pleasure of meeting before.” Koga's voice dripped with sarcasm. His jaw tightened as his eyes scanned the tall grass and weeds. “We better hurry, or she will die.”
Inu Yasha glanced at Miroku before turning his attention to Koga. “What the hell is going on here?”
Koga glared at him. “When I was younger, there was a gang of… things that caused troubles in our area. They were humans, kind of.” Koga narrowed his eyes. “I caught one of them eating a classmate of mine. He was huge. He was not too happy that I caught him, so he needed to ensure that I remained quiet permanently. Well, he never caught me and I was able to get away. Or, so I thought. That night I woke up to screams.” Koga shook his head. “We need to find Kagome.”
Inu Yasha's eyes widened. “You're shitting me, right? What kind of past do you have?”
Koga took off running, ignoring Inu Yasha's words. Miroku looked where Koga was running off to. “Inu…”
Inu Yasha shook his head. “This girl better be alive, that's all I'm saying.” Inu Yasha followed Koga as the group followed the scent. Koga stopped for a moment to examine a blood soaked weed. Inu Yasha cringed at the sight. This was not looking too good.
They continued to follow the trail when they found a cave hidden beyond the tallest weeds. Koga glanced back at the other two. “This is my problem. You two should go.”
Inu Yasha folded his arms over his chest. “Keh! As if! She's my employee! Plus, it's your damn fault that she's in this situation in the first place!”
Koga rolled his eyes. “Just don't get in my way.” He creped into the darkness of the cave's opening. Inu Yasha was not far behind. Miroku looked backwards at the deserted street. A cold breeze chilled him to his bones. Something told Miroku not to enter the cave. However, Miroku ignored his sense. He took a deep breath and followed the other two into the dark cave, feeling as if he was walking into the mouth of death.
~*~ ~*~ ~*~
A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Guess if you guys ever read my other stories, you know how I like to write adventures… and it crept into this story as well. Oh well, please review if you like the story! I'll be getting out Captain Kago's story very soon for those of you who have been reading it.