InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ True Love At Last ❯ Suprise ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

True Love At Last?

By Shippokitsune

 

 

Disclaimer:

Hello I am very glad that all of you have decided to read my fanfiction and I am sorry for the delay in the update. Also standard disclaimer applies. There is also Koga bashing in this chapter. I wrote it before I came to like Koga. Sorry Scott McNeill. If there are some discrepancies between this chapter and chapters 1&2 it is because I do not have them in front of me and I am having to go by what I remember. Sorry if there are mistakes. Not all translations below may be used; although these are the ones that I am most likely to be using.

 

 

Osuwari=sit

Minna=everyone

Onegi=please

Aishteru=I love you

Konnichwa=Good Afternoon

Etchi=perverted

Hentai=pervert

Ototo=young brother

Kiki=command

Houshi=monk

Eien=eternal

Neekyou=crazy

Kitsune=fox

Koi=love

Chibi=small

Neko=cat

Shonen=young boy

Shimatta=damn

Nya=meow

Shojo=young girl

Neo=new

Inu=dog

Bishonen pretty boy

Miko=priestess

Baka=stupid\idiot

Bishojo=pretty girl

Gomen=sorry

Hanyou=half demon

Tsuki=moon

Hai=yes

Youki=demon

Bishi=pretty

Anata=darling

Arigato=thank you

Usagi=bunny

Ile=no

Nani=what

Kawaii=cute

Hajime=one

Ookami=wolf

 

 

 

 

 

~Chapter Four~

 

 

~Feudal Era~

"Oh Inuyasha anata, what made you decide to finally admit your feelings for me?" Kagome curiously asked. "I just got tired of having that mangy wolf Koga keep on calling you his women. Especially since the first day we met I fell in love with you and I still am. It just took me a while to admit it to myself. That is why I kept on insulting you I was trying to deny what I felt as just lust or desire. I really am sorry for insulting you as much as I have." Inu explained. "That is okay I can understand. It was the same with me for awhile myself." mentioned Kagome.

"You do know that as much as I enjoy spending time alone with you I should at least head back and prepare to take my test tomorrow. After all it is my last one before Spring Break." Upon seeing Inuyasha get that look that said `I wont' let you leave' she hastened to add "If you let me go when I get back we can go on a journey together alone. No Sango, Miroku, or Shippo. Just you and me together. What do you say?" asked Kagome.

Inuyasha thought about all the pros and cons. Pro no annoying Shippo trying to but in with his time with Kagome, no perverted monk trying to grope women and asking them to bear his children. Cons … He couldn't think of one. "Okay you can go back but at least let me escort you back to your house." He agreed. "Yeah! Thank you very much. Oh how I love you. Can we go now?" Kagome responded. Inu smirked happy to see Kagome so happy. "Sure just let me gather up a few things first." Inuyasha responded. Inuyasha then proceeded to gather up Kagome's backpack, he boom box with the cd still inside in one arm in the other he pulled up close to his body and said " Hold on tight I'm going to jump down." She did.

After they landed Inuyasha looked at Kagome and asked "Will you ride on my back I like having you close to me?"

"Sure." Kagome then climbed on his back. Inuyasha ran to the well and jumped in. Taking them to her era.

 

 

~Meanwhile with Miroku and Sango~

 

 

"It's about time." Sango proclaimed as they reached Kadea's hut. "What be all this noise about child?" Kadea asked as she exited her hut. "Oh nothing really… Except that Kagome and Inuyasha have finally admitted their love for one another." Sango explained. "Well then I agree with ye." Said Kadea. During this Miroku kept wondering why Sango didn't hit him when he groped her. "Oh yeah." Sango said. `CRACK' Sango had smacked him with her hand because he groped her earlier. "Never mind." Miroku thought to himself. Sango and Kadea went into Kadea's hut to wait for Kagome and Inuyasha to arrive. After Miroku recovered he went to join minna inside the hut.

 

 

~Modern Day Japan~

 

 

A light blue light was seen coming out of the well house at the Higurashi shrine. Shortly there after a hanyou dressed in a red hakama and haori emerged from the well house with a miko in a Japanese school girl uniform on his back.

Inuyasha took off running towards the Higurashi house. Kagome was snuggled against his back in comfort. When Inuyasha reached the house he jumped into the sakura (A.N. Sakura=cherry blossom) tree beside her bedroom window, he then climbed into her room through her open bedroom window. After he landed he bent his knees and gently let Kagome slide off of his back.

"Remember to study for your test so that you can return to me tomorrow afterwards. Don't forget that when you return just you and I are going on a journey together." Inuyasha reminded Kagome. Smiling Kagome said "Don't worry I won't forget. I can't wait for it to be just you and me again. You better get going before the others start worrying. I'll see you tomorrow afternoon." Kagome gently kissed Inuyasha on the lips. "Okay I'll go." Pouted Inuyasha. Inuyasha then jumped out of her bedroom window and ran to the well and jumped in. When Kagome saw the now familiar blue light she turned around and sat at her desk to start studying for her Geometry test. Kagome successfully managed to study for an hour before she went down stairs to get dinner. When she walked downstairs she had a flashback to her surprise from Inuyasha.

 

~Flashback~

 

Kagome and Inuyasha started walked north in silence. After about ten minutes of thinking to themselves Inuyasha stopped. "Kagome close your eyes please, there's something I want to show you." Reluctantly Kagome complied. Inuyasha then picked Kagome up bridal style and jumped up onto the god tree. On the branch above them was Kagome's doom ox with her string dc (…Kagome's boom box with her sting cd…) in. Inuyasha gently pressed play. When Kagome heard sting sing All For Love she immediately thought of her everlasting love for Inuyasha.

 

I'll be a man of good faith

Then in love you live

I'll make a stand, I won't break

I'll be the rock you can build on

Be there when you're old, to have and to hold

 

Gently he set her down so that she was sitting on the branch between his arms and legs; Inuyasha's back was against the tree.

 

When there's love inside

I swear I'll always be strong

Then there's a reason why

I'll prove to you we belong

I'll be the wall that protects you

From the wind and the rain

From the hurt and the pain.

 

"Open your eyes Kagome…" He whispered in her ear; and very softly said "…Koi!" She almost missed it.

 

Let's make it all for one and all for love

Let the one you hold be the one you want

The one you need

`Cause when it's all for one

It's one for all

When there's someone that should know

Then just let your feelings show

And make it all for one and all for love

 

She did as he requested and saw the most beautiful sight she had ever seen. She saw Kadea's village just as the sun was setting. "It's so beautiful arigato Inuyasha." She said before snuggling into his comforting and protective embrace. She was also inhaling his musky woodsy scent "Ohh how I love his scent it always makes me feel so … safe." She thought to herself.

 

When it's love you make

I'll be the fire in the night

Then it's love you take

I will defend, I will fight

I'll be there when you need me.

When honor's at stake, this vow I will make

 

That it's all for one and all for love

Let the one you hold be the one you want

The one you need

`Cause when it's all for one

It's one for all

When there's someone that should know

Then just let your feelings show

And make it all for one and all for love

 

Don't lay our love to rest

`Cause we could stand up to the test

We got everything and more than we had planned

More than the rivers that run the land

We've got it all in our hands

 

Now it's all for one and all for love

It's all for love

Let the one you hold be the one you want

The one you need

`Cause when it's all for one

It's one for all

It's one for all

 

When there's someone that should know

Then just let your feelings show

When there's someone that you want

When there's someone that you need

Let's make it all, all for one…

 

And all for love

 

"Kagome, Koi, Aishteru. You are my Eien Koi!" Inuyasha told her as the last strains of All For Love faded. "Oh Inuyasha Aishteru too my Bishi Inu, my Eien Koi! Forever!" She then kissed him softly and lovingly on the lips.

 

~End Flashback~

 

Kagome stated blushing right as she entered the kitchen. "Kagome is everything all right?" Mrs. Higurashi asked. "Yeah sis you're all red in the face." Souta bluntly stated. "She's possessed by a demon." Grandpa yelled. "Demon be gone!" He yelled as he threw sutras at her head. Kagome sweat dropped. "I'm okay everyone. I am NOT possessed by a demon." Kagome yelled. "Then why are you red in your face?" Souta innocently asked. When Kagome's face turned three shades darker Mrs. Higurashi just smiled and went about preparing dinner. "Just drop it everyone. Onegai?" Kagome yelled. Just then Mrs. Higurashi pronounced dinner done. They all sat down to a typical Higurashi family dinner except that Inuyasha didn't burst in demanding that she come back now. After dinner Kagome and Mrs. Higurashi started cleaning the dishes; Mrs. Higurashi washed and Kagome dried. "Kagome when you came into the dining room were you blushing?" Mrs. Higurashi politely asked.

"Hai."

"If you don't mind my asking what caused you to blush?"

"I was thinking about earlier. Inuyasha came to get me after school. He said he needed to talk to me. He looked nervous and anxious so I decided to follow him back to the feudal era. When we got there he had my boom box and my Sting cd set up. Mom he even knew my favorite song is All For Love. Well as I was saying he had it all set up in the god tree. He took me there and sat me on a branch with him. We listened to the cd and watched the sunset. After the song ended we ended up declaring our love for each other and we kissed. As I came downstairs I was thinking about that. That is why I was blushing." Kagome explained.

"Well it is about time that happened. You two have been dodging that subject for years now. I am happy that he returns your feelings." Mrs. Higurashi told her daughter.

"Mom do you mind if I spend Spring Break in the Feudal Era? I kinda promised Inuyasha that I would and that we would travel together alone for a little while." Kagome shyly asked.

"Kagome I believe that you are both mature and old enough to make these kinds of decisions for yourself. I also have great trust in your judgment." Was Mrs. Higurashi's response.

"Thanks Oka-san." Kagome kissed her mother on the cheek before running upstairs to finish studying for her geometry test. She managed to study for another hour before she stopped and started packing. She had to pack enough stuff to last for a week. As she was packing her clothes she heard a knock on her bedroom door. "Enter" Kagome answered. Her mother walked in. Kagome I was going to save this for your birthday but I figure now is as good a time as any."

She handed Kagome a brand new silk kimono. It was red with silver puppies lining the bottom and the edges of her sleeves. She also had a silver oni (A.N. I think that is right. It is the kimono under the main one) along with a golden amber sash. "Oh

Oka-san I love it. Arigato very much." Kagome ran up to her mother and kissed her on the cheek. "Why don't you take it with you I have a feeling that Inuyasha might like it." Came her mothers reply. "Don't worry I was planning on doing that from the moment that I saw it." Kagome then gently folded it and put it with the rest of her belongings. "Good Night Kagome." Mrs. Higurashi got up and gently kissed her daughter on the cheek before leaving. "Night mom." Kagome yelled after her. She then went about finishing her packing for another twenty minutes. Kagome then laid out everything she would need for school in the morning. When she was finished Kagome put on her red pajama top and silver pants then crawled in bed to go to sleep.

Kagome's alarm clock rang ironically enough it played Change The World. Kagome rushed to get out of bed and ready for school because today was the last day before Spring Break which meant that she would be spending a week with Inuyasha. Kagome ran down the stairs. "Morning mom." Kagome said as she stuffed a piece of toast into her mouth. "See you later Minna" Kagome yelled to her family as she ran out the door. She ran down the stairs then down the street. She wanted to get to school on time so that she could leave in time to meet Inuyasha after school.

Kagome's last class of the day was Geometry. Which meant that she didn't have long to wait after she finished her test before school would be let out. When the bell rang she quickly gathered her things in an effort to get home as soon as possible. She had just made out of the school building when her friends Eri, Yuki, and Ayumi caught up with her. "Hey Kagome wait up." Eri yelled. When Kagome heard Eri yell she paused and thought "Why now of all days."

"Hello Eri, Yuki, Ayumi." Greeted Kagome. "Kagome how was your geometry test?" Ayumi asked. "It was fine. I think I did fairly well on it." Kagome answered. "What are you doing for Spring Break?" Yuki questioned. Kagome blushed then said "I am spending it in the Mountains with my boyfriend." Kagome then tried to dodge around her friends but upon hearing her answer they closed in on her. "Who is he?" they shouted in unison. "His name is Inuyasha." Kagome answered. "You mean the arrogant jerk that two times you?" Ayumi asked. "Hai. One and the same." Kagome responded. "When did you start dating?" Yuki asked. "Less than a week." Kagome answered. "Did your mother agree to let you spend a week alone with him?" The ever curious Eri asked. "Hai she did. Now if you don't mind Inuyasha is waiting for me and he doesn't like to wait." Kagome impatiently answered. Before anymore of her friends could ask her anymore questions she took off running towards the shrine.

When Kagome arrived home she said a quick hello to her family before running upstairs and into her room. She then dumped all of her school supplies on her desk and grabbed her yellow backpack. Kagome than ran downstairs. She stopped long enough to say "See you all in a week!" to her family. Kagome then ran to the well house. She yanked open the doors then ran and jumped into the well. Soon the all too familiar blue light engulfed her. The only thought in her head was "It is about time." Soon she emerged on the other side of the well.

 

~Feudal Era~

 

Almost as soon as Kagome emerged from the well Kagome heard a demon yell " Give me the jewel shards. "Help!" Kagome yelled while running from the unknown demon. "Give me the Shikon jewel shards." Growled the white tiger demon as it chased away from the well towards Kadea's village. "INUYASHA HELP ME NOW!!!" screamed Kagome.

 

~Kadea's hut~

 

"Sniff Sniff." Inuyasha's nose twitched. "Kagome's back, but she's being chased by a tiger demon. She's headed our way." Announced Inuyasha. Miroku, Sango, Shippo, Kirara, and Inuyasha took off running to Kagome's aid when they heard Kagome's yell of "INUYASHA HELP ME NOW!!!" echoing through the forest. Next thing everyone knew was that Inuyasha wasn't there anymore but there was a red dot moving at a high velocity ahead of them.

"Kirara" Sango yelled. Kirara transformed into her bigger form. Miroku, Sango, and Shippo climbed on so that they could try to keep up with Inuyasha.

"Kagome I'm coming" shouted Inuyasha when he was within Kagome's hearing range. "Inuyasha" Kagome screamed as Inuyasha burst through the bushes and into the clearing she was in. When Inuyasha saw the tiger demon chasing Kagome he started to see red. "Leave Kagome alone and you MIGHT live." Demon Inuyasha calmly took the demon. "Give me the Shikon shards Human." Shouted the tiger ignoring Inuyasha. Inuyasha slowly pulled out Tetsuiga. "Leave her alone NOW!" yelled Inuyasha as the Tetsugia transformed. The tiger demon lunged for Kagome and managed to get his claws around Kagome's neck.

"I am Nadea of the tiger demons. I have come to collect the Shikon jewel shards. If you come any closer hanyou or I swear I'll kill this weak human. Now hand them over!" Nadea announced. "Damn if I attack the demon Kagome will get hurt." Thought the frustrated Inu demon "What can I do?"

"Hurry up and hand them over." Yelled Nadea as he extended his claws towards her throat. "Kagome!" yelled Sango, Shippo, and Miroku as they finally entered the clearing. "Help me!" Kagome managed to gasp out. "Inuyasha do some…Guys look at Inuyasha." Said a scared Shippo. Upon hearing the fear in Shippo's voice everyone turned and looked at Inuyasha finally noticing that he was in full demon form yet holding a fully transformed Tetsuiga.

"This is your last chance. Let my Kagome go NOW." Said Inuyasha in a calm yet dangerous voice that rivaled Sesshomaru's. "Not with out the Shikon shards!" "Um… guys perhaps we should hide." Said Miroku as he slowly started to inch out of the clearing closely followed by the others. "Time to die!" said a fed up demon Inuyasha. The next thing everyone knew was that Inuyasha was no longer in front of the other demon. Instead Inuyasha was now behind the demon with his claws through Nadea's heart, the demon now dead. Before he attacked he sheathed Tetsuiga.

When he saw Kagome faint and fall forward Inuyasha returned to normal and he rushed forward too catch Kagome before she hit the ground. As Kagome fell into his arms everyone reemerged from the bushes too see Inuyasha gently holding an unconscious Kagome to his chest rocking her back and forth fearing her dead. "Kagome please wake up. We need you. I need you! Please wake up; I love you!" Inuyasha silently begged Kagome. "Inuyasha are you okay?" asked a very concerned Kitsune.

Kagome was slowly returning to consciousness when she heard Inuyasha's voice saying "Kagome please wake up. We need you. I need you! Please wake up; I love you!" Shakily Kagome whispered for all to hear "Inuyasha. I love you to!" "Kagome you're awake." Inuyasha said before enveloping her in a heart stopping kiss.

"Damn wolf and his timing." Muttered a pissed hanyou as he broke the kiss. "Kagome my love!" shouted an exuberant tornado that smelled of wolf. "That's it the wolf dies!" shouted Inuyasha.
"Sango, minna take Kagome and hide." Ordered Inuyasha. "Hai Inuyasha." She complied.

"Where's Kagome I know I smell her." Announced Kouga.

"Today you die wolf." Said the demon Inuyasha holding a now red Tetsuiga "Now Die!" he yelled while running towards Kouga. Kouga fearing for his life jumped back but not before Inuyasha used the Wind Scar and cut Kouga into trillions of pieces. There was no sign other than his scent that Kouga was ever there.

Inuyasha upon seeing his victory sheathed Tetsuiga and in the process returned to normal. "Yes no more Kouga and no more Interruptions to take me away from my Kagome." Shouted a happy, dancing Inu hanyou. "Now to find Kagome." Decided Inuyasha. Inuyasha then proceeded to sniff out Kagome's scent. "Ah there she is." He visibly relaxed before following her scent trail. When he found her he took a minute to admire how beautiful Kagome was. "Kagome we need to talk…" Inuyasha said to Kagome before pointedly looking at the others "…In Private. Which means no one is too spy on us. Got it?" Everyone nodded yes in unison.

"Come on Kagome." He said as he grabbed her hand and led her further away from their friends and into the woods. Soon they came upon a beautiful clearing full of wild flowers bathed in moonlight. Inuyasha sat down and pulled Kagome down with him so that she was sitting on his lap with his arms hugging her to his chest. Inuyasha then looked towards the moon and said "Kagome the reason I asked you here was because after all that has happened today I realized I do not want to wait any longer to ask you a very important question." Upon finishing this statement he looked into Kagome's chocolate brown eyes and asked"I was hoping…would you be my mate?"

"A million times yes my love." Was Kagome's enthusiastic reply.

Inuyasha the proceeded to kiss Kagome passionately. When they finally broke apart Kagome was the first to speak. "You know maybe if we time it right we can make it so that our private journey could be our honeymoon if you like?" Kagome mentioned.

"That would be great." He then lightly pecked her on the lips. "As much as I would like to sit here like this with you forever perhaps we should tell the others along with your mother." Inuyasha stated.

"Yeah let's go tell everyone." Kagome and Inuyasha got up and walked hand in hand to tell everyone their good news.

 

~End Chapter 4~

 

Thank you for reading my fanfiction. I am sorry for the delay but I went through a writers block and I just became unblocked. Well I hoped you enjoy this installment. The rating may go up but I am not sure of that yet.

 

~Preview~

 

"Okay we will do both the demon and human mating rituals. We will do the Human first since it requires several witnesses and I think that we will want the demon ritual private." Kagome told Inuyasha "Damn right I don't want any one intruding on us during the demon ritual." "Well any how let's hold the human ceremony in my era because I would like for everyone to be there."