InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two brothers ❯ Part 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 6
 
 
A/N: Sniff how sad. Here's the end of this mini fanfic. I really had so much fun writing it, and I hope you did reading it. Do rejoice! Since this is the last part part, it's going to be longer. I never could have imagined getting so much love and support, so lastly thank you for reviewing:
 
On FF.net
Sesskagufan13
Bibliophile Nincompoop
Anne Lynn
Kiari13
Soojinyeh
Sychotic
Ngoc Chau
 
ArtemisdelaLune (Sorry for the emotional roller coaster... not lol. I'm glad that the story managed to create so many emotions in you. Now all your questions will be answered.)
 
Killersupergirl (I am not sure Kagura is thinking completely rationally after all the blasts from the past and raging emotions she had to go through lol.)
 
On MM.org
Zetsuii (Ah the reason Inuyasha seems so understanding is that he is. At least more than his brother lol. As much as he likes acting like a jerk, the truth is that Inuyasha is quite a sensitive and gentle person.)
 
Disclaimer: Don't own, don't sue.
 
 
Talking”
'Thoughts'
 
 
 
Part 6
 
A/N: Since its the last part, it's going to be quite long. I know that my Inuyasha is OOC, but I did try my best to be faithful to him.
 
Disclaimer: Don't own, don't sue.
 
 
“Talking”
'Thoughts'
 
 
“Hey Inuyasha.” Kagura said trying to mask her madly beating heart as she sat down on the soft grass under her boyfriend's favorite tree. It was a Saturday afternoon and she knew that if her boyfriend was not at his apartment, then he surely was at the park.
 
“Can't a poor hanyou get a nap in peace?” He asked gruffly sitting up before rolling his golden eyes to look at the woman beside him.
 
“Well sorry to disturb you, but I need to tell you something important...” Kagura started struggling to find a way to explain her decision.
 
“No need to make such a big deal out of this. I already know what you want to tell me. You're leaving me for my brother” He answered nonchalantly fingering one of his twitchy ears. The only sign that what he had said had affected him more than he cared to let her see.
 
Kagura's crimson eyes opened wide in shock. “What makes you believe that?” She questioned bewildered. “Inuyasha, I chose you.”
 
To her surprise instead of giving her a cocky grin, or a satisfied smile, the half demon tapped her on the forehead with his closed fist.
 
“I'd believe you were sincere if your eyes weren't red rimmed like that. I can tell you cried all night. Not to mention that you could at least pretend to be happy when you say something like that.” The half dog demon said with a snort.
 
“But I AM happy about my choice.” The wind sorceress said trying and failing to produce a convincing smile.
 
“Feh! Don't make me be the responsible one. I don't want your pity, and if you feel insecure about Sesshoumaru, don't try to play safe by staying with me.”
 
“What do you mean?” She asked in shock, her eyes opening wide.
 
“I know I'm not your first choice. I'm not as dumb as everyone thinks. I can see the way the two of you look at each other. It may not be all lovey-dovey between you two, but it's as if you'd be ready to pounce on each other at any time” He explained with a sad smile.
 
“That bastard doesn't have that great of an influence on me” Kagura snapped at him vexed he could think otherwise.
 
“Stop lying to yourself. I can see the way you get that little light of excitement in your eyes every time you see Sesshoumaru...” He said thinking sadly 'She doesn't get like that for me...'
 
His words caused Kagura to replay in her mind the words Sesshoumaru had told her the day before.
 
*Flashback*
 
Why do you think you fell for my brother? Simply because you are unable to love anyone else but me. You fell in love with the part of Inuyasha that is me.”
 
*End of flashback*
 
'Am I really unable of loving anyone else? Why can't I get rid of Sesshoumaru?! Why can't I forget about him? I guess I just love him too damn much. Whatever I do, I can't get past this. Ugh wouldn't that smug bastard be thrilled to hear that?! I'm so pathetic; even Inuyasha saw into my heart. He managed to see how I truly felt towards Sesshoumaru and what I really want to do; even when I was too afraid to follow my own heart.'
 
“Really? You think I love him this much?... I guess you're right. I didn't realize I was this transparent.” Kagura interrupted herself to let out a humorless chuckle and wipe a stray tear from her eye. “I'm sorry. I know it's lame to say that, but...” She trailed off feeling a mixture of sadness and shame come over her.
 
“Why are you apologizing? Last I heard, people can't help who they love. Feh! Look at that lecher of Miroku. Even though Sango will kill him in the end due to his bad habits with women, he still loves her.” Inuyasha tried to laugh off the situation by mentioning their co-workers' dysfunctional relationship. “And it's not as if we've been together that long. Sessh and you have spent more time together. Our three months together that's nothing compared to what you had with him.”
 
“Still...You at least deserved to know the truth from the start. I'm sorry for that..” Kagura said fingering a strand of grass. She felt ashamed, and Inuyasha's acceptance and compliance only made her feel worse. “I guess staying with you would not be fair to you. I mean I would always compare you to your brother anyway, and that would make for an unhealthy relationship. Not to mention that despite all these years it seems I'm still not over Sesshoumaru...”
 
Her admission of her feelings caused a heavy silence to linger between the two of them.
 
“Do you think the bastard can really make you happy?” Inuyasha suddenly asked in all seriousness turning to his side to face his now ex girlfriend..
 
“I... Yeah. I think so.” Kagura answered with a sad smile.
 
“Good that's all you deserve. He and I we don't really get along too well, and I do think he's a selfish bastard, but I think that Sessh isn't that bad of a guy... Keh! Putting that aside, you and I, it couldn't last. I'd have driven you crazy and the same would have happened the other way around. We had fun, but it ran its course...” He joked faking cheerfulness.
 
'He's such a great guy. I can't believe I hurt him like that... I'll regret putting him in the middle of my messed up relationship with Sesshoumaru forever.' The wind sorceress thought angry at herself. She could feel more tears coming up, but she did her best to block them.
 
“I never could have guessed you could be this wise and... understanding.” She teased him, once she gained enough control over her emotions, risking a genuine smile.
 
“Don't start mocking me wench. We just don't fit. I like my women nicer anyway... Miroku did say Kagome and I would go together well. Not that I think the insufferable wench is anywhere near being a nice person...” He said thoughtfully mentioning their co workers.
 
“What?! I thought she was dating Kouga?” Kagura exclaimed slightly vexed that he was already orchestrating her replacement.
 
“The idiot wolf cheated on her with Ayame, so poor Kagome is heartbroken. Anyway you know how I can't resist the damsel in distress thing. Not to mention that I'm always down to do something to enrage that mangy wolf” He joked before letting out a chuckle, his thick white bangs hiding from Kagura's view his misty amber colored orbs.
 
'Even if it's not completely true, I need to show her that I'm okay. Otherwise she'll feel too guilty...' Inuyasha thought to himself.
 
“Wow I hadn't heard. That's good for you I guess.” Kagura said meekly. 'I have no right to feel jealous or weird when thinking about who'll replace me by his side.'
 
“Feh! Why are we discussing my love life when you have to go take care of yours...” He asked with an uncomfortable shrug.
 
“What do you mean?” Kagura asked in complete confusion.
 
“So like the bastard. Keh! I bet he didn't tell you, did he? Sesshoumaru's leaving. He's going back to New York this afternoon. If you want him back, you'd better go get him.” Inuyasha explained with a sigh.
 
'Why didn't he tell me he was leaving? Did he think I would have chosen Inuyasha over him?' Kagura wondered as she took to her feet abruptly. “I'm really sorry for everything, but I hope we can stay friends. Thank you for everything Inuyasha.” She said sincerely bending forward to press one last chaste kiss on her ex boyfriend's soft lips.
 
Without another word, the wind sorceress hurried out of the park and towards her car. She could tell she did not have long before Sesshoumaru's flight was set to leave.
 
Inuyasha waited until he was sure Kagura was out of sight to let out a heavy sigh.
 
“Fuck since when am I such a wuss?” He asked himself as he laid back on the grass, wiping a stray tear from his cheek. 'I did the right thing it's just better this way. Those two just belong together...' He once more told himself as he quickly climbed up his favorite tree and comfortably rested against a thick branch. Every time he felt sad, lying in his favorite tree made him feel better.
 
''I guess the nice view, the peace and quiet make me feel better' He mused turning to his side to make himself more comfortable.
 
“Buyo? Buyo? Where are you?!” A familiar feminine voice suddenly cut through his thoughts.
 
“Feh! Humans and their damn useless eyes. Your ball of fur is hiding over there behind that tree.” The hanyou said lowering himself to another branch in order for the young human to be able to see him.
 
“Oh Inuyasha. I didn't see you up there.” Kagome exclaimed with a bright smile and a small blush. “Thanks for the help. See you on Monday at the office!” She then threw over her shoulder, as she ran towards the general direction the hanyou had indicated earlier.
 
“Hey you stupid wench! I told you the tree over there, not this one!” He screamed in annoyance rushing after Kagome.
 
 
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000
 
 
“Do you know if... the flight for New York... already left?” The wind sorceress asked out of breath as she stood in front of the information desk of the International Airport.
 
“Well not exactly, they are boarding right now.” The woman behind the counter said on a friendly tone, a professional smile plastered on her lips.
 
“Does that thing work? Can I borrow it?” Kagura suddenly asked, her crimson eyes lowered on an interesting object on the desk.
 
 
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000
 
 
Sesshoumaru tightened his hold on his carry-on luggage, as he headed towards the gate to his flight, a determined look in his eyes.
 
“Miss I'm very sorry, but you can't do that!” A faint voice coming from the speakers said exasperated.
 
“I only need it for a few seconds, so chill!” An angry all too familiar female voice retorted angrily.
 
'This can't be! Kagura?! Get a grip you are losing it. You want the woman so badly that you even imagine hearing voices. Way to go Sesshoumaru!' He mocked himself as he resumed walking.
 
“Sesshoumaru!” Kagura's voice blasted through the airport's speakers. “I know you're here! You bastard I can't believe you were going to leave without saying a thing again! You realize Inuyasha was the one to tell me, right after we broke up?! I'm not a scared and overwhelmed eighteen years old anymore. I am a woman who knows what she wants and who isn't afraid to go after it. If you feel the same come to the information desk on the third floor, I'll be waiting.”
 
“Miss you're going to have to give this back to me” Another female voice said behind Kagura.
 
Amid some shuffling sounds the dog demon could make out once more the voice of his beloved. “Don't fuck up like in the past and get you ass up here before they throw me in jail. Oh you bastards! Don't you dare touch me. No let me go!”
 
Sesshoumaru's heart beat loudly and his ears strained to hear more, but to his disappointment nothing else came.
 
Suddenly the heavy silence was broken by a voice. “We are very sorry for the previous inconvenience. The problem has been dealt with. Thank you for choosing the International Airport, have a safe trip!” A cheerful female voice said through the speaker phones. And then complete silence.
 
'Kagura. So in the end, despite everything, you chose... me?!' The dog demon wondered in shock, unsure of what to do. Should he take his plane, or go after the wind witch?
 
After taking a short while to recollect his thoughts, he came to a decision. He could tell it was the good one when he found it increasingly easier to place one foot after another, as he headed towards his destination.
 
 
00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000
 
 
“You bastard! Don't you know how to treat a lady?! I know people! Powerful people, and if you don't want to end up in jail, you better let me go!” Kagura screamed angrily as she struggled against the hold the security guards had on her.
 
“If anyone is going in jail, it'd be you missy.” The largest of the two guards growled unhappily as his and his colleague forcefully dragged Kagura away.
 
“I doubt it. Let her go.” At hearing the deep voice, the wind sorceress's heart fluttered.
 
“Says who?” The guard asked as he turned around to face the person who had addressed him.
 
“Says yous boss. Release her please.” An gray haired man said with a sigh as he gestured for the guards to release Kagura.
 
“Yes. At once sir!” The two guards said at the same time they let go of Kagura's arms.
 
“Hmpf! Took you long enough!” She spat angrily.
 
“My apologies. This Sesshoumaru had to go ask an old friend for his assistance in a delicate matter. Forgive me Mr. Nijima, I promise she will not cause any more trouble.” Sesshoumaru addressed the old man standing next to him.
 
“Yes make sure of that. Hum Sesshoumaru, had it not been for the friendship I have for your father...” Nijima said with a sigh, as he clapped the silver haired demon's back with affection before leaving, the two guards walking in tow with him.
 
“What were you thinking?” Sesshoumaru asked as he stepped closer to Kagura.
 
“That I needed to get your attention before you took a plane to New York, without even talking to me. Sorry if I created a commotion, but I had no choice.” She defended herself crossing her arms.
 
“You know I am not referring to this incident.” He said gently tucking behind her ear a strand of dark hair, which had come out of her bun due to her earlier struggling against the guards.
 
“Just as I was about to explain my decision to Inuyasha, he told me he was letting me go.. I was planning to stay with him... I guess it's because I was in denial of my feelings for you. But I now know better...” She explained not wanting any more lies or confusion to exist between them.
 
“In other words, as you were about to pick him, you were dumped by my brother. How interesting. This Sesshoumaru is not sure I am willing to have my younger brother's hand me downs...” He told her a somber expression on his face.
 
Kagura's answer to his words was to pound his chest with closed fists. “You have got to be kidding you bastard! I didn't come all the way here to be insulted.”
 
“Come down. I apologize, it was a tasteless joke.” He informed her as he struggled to grasp her fists, forcing her to stop hitting him. “I already lost you once, and now that I have you, I will be damned before letting you go.” He had barely spoke that Sesshoumaru attached their lips together in a searing kiss. At first the wind sorceress responded to his kiss, but she suddenly broke their lip lock.
 
“Don't think you can really muddle my head with kisses again! I really can't believe you were going to leave without telling me. You did the same last time. Back then I realized I didn't want to be separated from you, I decided to follow you, but by the time I made up my mind you were already gone. And you were going to disappear on me again” Kagura said angrily landing a punch on Sesshoumaru's hard chest.
 
“You were going to follow me?” He echoed incredulous, disregarding the pain in his chest due to her pounding him.
 
“I would have if you had given me the time to give you a proper answer. I was young and scared and I wanted to have time to make my decision that's all. Since I didn't have the chance last time, I can do it today. I won't stand being away from you anymore, and if that means moving away to New York with you... then fine I'll do it!” She said her crimson eyes gazing adoringly into his golden orbs.
 
“This will not be necessary.” He answered tenderly cradling her face in his hands. Once he noticed the surprise displayed on Kagura's face he explained what he meant. “There is no need for you to move, nor did I plan to disappear on you by the way. I am going to New York to hand in my letter of resignation. I was planning on quitting my job and coming back here.” Once he was done explaining, the dog demon pressed a gentle kiss to her lips.
 
“Quit your job?! But what will you do? I know you, you're not a lazy person. Staying idle would drive you crazy!”She exclaimed in between kisses.
 
“Thank you for your concern, but I had no intention of staying unemployed. I will work under my father.”He said after unfastening their lips. 'As much as I hate the simple idea of it.'
 
“But you don't get along with your father!” Kagura gasped in shock.
 
“Since even Inuyasha refused to work for him, father can not afford to be really picky when it comes to one of his sons taking over the family business. Besides it is but a small sacrifice if it means I can be by your side.” Sesshoumaru attempted to joke away the situation.
 
'He would put up with his hated father, and take back the family business only to stay by my side?' The realization made her smile.
 
“I have to ask. If I had not been dating Inuyasha would you have even tried to get me back?” 'Since we're at it, better get all the confusion and questions out of the way.' She thought slightly dreading the dog demon's answer.
 
“Of course. Do not doubt me so. I would have, for the same reason I knew you would ultimately pick me over him. I simply could not forget about you, and the second I looked into your eyes I knew the same could be said about you.”
 
“So getting me wasn't just a pissing contest between you and your brother?” She asked once more trying to dispel any shred of insecurity she may have felt.
 
“No. Had you not come to get me before I took my plane, I was planning to come back here quickly and to my best to take you back. My plan was to go away for a week two at the most, then come back for you. I was an insecure fool in the past. I was also too proud for my own good... I thought that because you hesitated to follow me, you did not love me enough. I now realize how truly foolish and immature I was. If only I could go in the past and change things, I would.”
 
'”Sesshoumaru...” She gasped in shock at hearing him criticize himself, express regrets and sorrow.
 
“No let me finish what I have to say. I have kept this bottled in for seven years. Forgive me. Forgive me for the pain I inflicted on the two of us. When you hesitated I should have convinced you. I should have waited for you to be ready instead of turning away from you. Had I not been so damn proud...” He spoke dropping his gaze in shame.
 
“Regrets won't make anything change now...” Kagura breathed out touched that the dog demon dared share his feelings with her.
 
'In a sick kind of way, I'm glad to see he also suffered so much when we were apart.' Kagura thought to herself raising a tender hand to gently caress his striped cheek.
 
There was much more the dog demon wanted to say, so much more he wanted to apologize for, but he knew Kagura was right. The two of them had to move forward from now on.
 
“You are my woman I won't let anyone else have you. Not my brother, not any other man. As I said before you belong to me... just as I belong to you. There could not be any other woman for me.” He then took her hand from his cheek and gently cradled her small limb in his large hand before pressing a kiss to her soft skin. Once he let go of her hand he finally spoke again.
 
“We have lost seven years of our lives together because I was too ashamed and proud to come back for you. But there will be no more wasted time. I know that I am selfish and forceful when it comes to getting what I want. Also I am aware that I am not as... emotional, sensitive or understanding as my brother, but I will do myself to make you happy because I love you. I love you with all my heart Kagura.” He said in her ear, enveloping her in a tight protective hug.
 
Kagura could not prevent a small chuckle from escaping her lips as she realized that for the first time without having to be coaxed, or pushed, the dog demon had confessed his feelings to her.
 
“Oh Sesshoumaru I love you so much.” Finally speaking the words after so long made her feel as if a large weight had been lifted from her shoulders. 'Yes I really do love him. There could be no other man for me, even if I tried.'
 
Just as she was about to seal her lips with her lover's in a kiss, Sesshoumaru relinquished the hold he had on her.
 
“What's wrong?” She asked in surprise.
 
“I need to go otherwise I will miss my flight.” He said with a suffering sigh. As much as he wanted to stay by Kagura's side, he knew he had something to do before they could truly be together for good.
 
“What do you mean? You're leaving me?!” The wind sorceress asked feeling a sense of panic and pain come over her.
 
'How can he just leave after such a sweet confession?' She wondered in shock.
 
“I just explained the situation yo you, didn't I? I have to leave, but when I come back I will work on becoming the man you deserve. A man you would want to follow anywhere, anytime without having to doubt or regret your decision later on.” He said his golden eyes softening.
 
“In other words you want to start from scratch?” She questioned, not sure she was entirely following what he wanted.
 
“I want a new beginning for the two of us. Will you wait for me?” He felt compelled to ask again. Even though Kagura had told him she and Inuyasha were done, Sesshoumaru was still afraid she could change her mind and decide his little brother would be a better option.
 
“As long as you promise not to wait seven years to come back to me.” She said with a smirk before pressing a tender kiss to his lips.
 
“That will never happen again.” He assured her. “I am glad and honored you agreed to give us another try. I promise I will never leave you any room to doubt me, nor will I disappoint you.”
 
The dog demon suddenly paused as if pondering on what to say next. He nervously licked his lip before saying “Kagura... I know my previous approach was forceful, but I do hope you thought enough about your decision and will not regret it later on.”
 
“Pfft don't be ridiculous. You have nothing to worry about. I'm pretty stubborn you know, so now that I've decided what I want, I'll do everything to get it... or rather keep it.” She replied, glad to see that he cared enough to have doubts and that he even feared she might change her mind.
 
“Come on just go already. Go now and come back to me fast.” She said pushing him away from her with a chuckle.
 
“I will” The dog demon vowed with a smile. After giving Kagura a last sweet kiss, he walked towards the gate of the airport terminal to board his plane.
 
The wind sorceress waited until he was out of sight to turn around and walk away. For the first time in seven years she felt a sense of peace and well being come over her. She confidently walked towards the parking lot of the airport, feeling light and happy.
 
As she stepped into her car, she could not prevent a smile from gracing her lips. She then thought back to what had happened.
 
'I think that's what people would call irony. For the past seven years I tried and worked so hard to forget Sesshoumaru, but I only suffered in exchange. How many sleepless nights did I spend wondering what could have been. How many hours did I spend going through the pictures and things inside my box of souvenirs... Hum strangely now that I acknowledged my feelings for him and that I accepted him back in my life, I am happy and completely at peace. Who could have ever thought all I needed to be happy was to simply let myself love the man I love?'
 
 
THE END
 
 
A/N: I know some of you are surprised by Inuyasha's reaction, but then again if I were him, I wouldn't want to get stuck I the middle of Sesshoumaru and Kagura either lol. On another note I'm sure some of you must be disappointed or shocked by Kagura's choice, so let me know what you thought. On the other hand I do hope you liked the final chapter.
 
Look out for the next chapter of Special Delivery in the coming days :)
 
See ya in a few and a million thanks for reading,
 
Saphira404