InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Viking Children ❯ Chapter one: Captured ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 1

"My Lord, we've captured a demon, and he claims to be the Lord of the Western Lands. What should we do with him?" asked one of the thieves of this thieves' village.

"Kill him." said the Lord of Thieves.

"Jonatho! Lets at lease hear what he has to say for himself!" said the girl at the leader's side. He looked at the gray-blue eyes standing there. She had that look that said is he doesn't she'll hold a grudge for as long as she could. Which wasn't very long but she made that time seem like a year in a torture chamber.

"Fine. Bring the prisoner in."

In was dragged a silver haired man with the middle of the candle's flame yellow eyes, a navy blue crescent moon on his forehead, and a purple-red color above his eyes and double stripped on his cheeks.

"We have us here a girly-man!" bellowed the lord of the town. The men in the room laughed at that.

The forced to bow demon growled and was about to speak to the literally filthy humans; when he was beaten to the plunge by the only woman in the room. "No! His markings prove he is who he says he is!"

The room went still. The newer people who joined the group of thieves in some of their latest raids thought that she was surely going to be cut in to long and thin slices, for disagreeing with their leader, as so many others were.

"Then he must be killed," said Lord Jonatho, "NOW!"

"Stop!" yelled the woman. "My lord," she addressed the angry man, "if you have him killed you will gain his lands of course, but also many enemies and have the continually fight to keep those lands even more so because you're human."

"Then what do you suggest we do!"

"Well we could keep him…"

"For ransom, send a note to his aliases saying we'll give him back if they met our demands!"

"No, they might not `want' him back, they could take over his lands in its weakened state! Or if they want him back they could and most likely would attack us! We don't have enough people let alone food and weapons to fend off an army, even if it was human; which it will not be."

"Then you want us to let him go?"

"No. keep him gain his knowledge, anyway you can, treat him kinder than a prisoner of war if you can, get him as an ally!"

"Fine take him to the visitor's cabin; but make sure he's as guarded as the city walls and boundaries!" after they took him away he said "everyone leave." They did and his lordship turned to the blonde haired woman he'd rescued a few years before.

"Rayline, thank you for stopping me from doing something I would have regretted. It's just he was so…" the blondish-brown haired man shook his head.

"Handsome? Breath taking? Amazing? A vision of an angel?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Alright! He's the kind of man you see in fantasies!"

"You've already had fantasies of him?" the girl asked jokingly. What she got back was a glare. "What?" The innocent angel look she easily pulled off got her a more intense glare. "sorry couldn't resist."

The woman moved to stand behind the seat of her friend and started to rub his shoulders.

"Josine, you really need to relax, take a bath and get married or at lease get a guy."

"Rayline, you're older than I am, so the phrase you first comes to mind."

"Ahh. You wouldn't do that to your cousin, would you, Josy?"

"It's awful tempting right now Rayla." said the woman in man's clothing.

Raline grinned. "You forget, you promised to protect me from ALL males!" she giggled.

"So, Josy what are you going to do to win this cold guy's heart?"

"Nothing."

"What!?! Josine, dear cousin of mine, you've got to at least try!"

"Rayline, you forget everyone thinks I'm a male human not a female, even if they knew he hates humans, remember we've heard about him before."

"Well, okay. I'll have your `harem'," a small giggle here as she knew they were a bunch of girls captured in raids, that had a promise of protection from all males as long as they needed it, just like Rayline's promise, "to draw you a bath. Then bandage our `visitor's' wounds, Just before she walked out of the conference hut, she turned a bit while holding aside the curtain. "Think about what I said Jonatho. You deserve happiness too, ya know." Then the hut was silent `cause she left.