InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ugh College ❯ The Voice of an Angel ( Chapter 45 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Enjoy!

I do not own Inuyasha.

I do own The Solstice Rose because I made them up.

Last time:

Sesshoumaru nodded and disappeared. Hitoshi and Kiyomi ran through the house trying to run away from their pissed brother and sister.

This time:

Wednesday at Tokyo University:

“Ow, my head hurts,” Hitoshi groaned.

“Mine too,” Kiyomi replied.

“That’s what you get for videotaping us,” Inuyasha growled.

“Oh yeah…it was worth it!” Kiyomi snickered.

“Anyways let’s get to class before Kagome and Inuyasha try to kill you,” Miroku suggested.

“Too late,” Kagome said.

“RUN IN FEAR!” they screamed.

At break:

Kiyomi walked down the halls of Tokyo University alone on her way to the break area. Professor Myoga had held her back to congratulate her on her A+ paper on The Two Forbidden Lovers. She stopped as she realized a certain someone was following her, Masashi. She sighed and kept walking.

“Are you just going to follow me around until I get tired of it and possibly kill you?” she asked keep up her pace.

“I’m going to warn you one last time, leave Hitoshi for me and no one will have to die,” he proposed calmly.

She huffed and asked, “I pity your desperation. Masashi you’re a handsome man who can have any girl he wants, why does it have to be me?”

“Because I love you,” he stated.

She stopped and without looking at him asked, “Are you in love with me or my so called power?”

He was silent and she scoffed and started walking again.

“You know,” he started in a happy yet sad tone, “I remember the times when we’d be alone and I’d sing to you for hours.”

She froze in her tracks.

He continued, “We’d be cuddled on the couch and I’d sing you all your favorite songs. You always said that I had the voice and appearance of an angel and that you wished you had a voice as good as mine, but you already had a beautiful voice. And when I decided to tell you how I felt, I remember staying up for days trying to write a song especially for you, but I never got to sing it to you did I.”

She bit her lip trying to hold back her tears.

“You’re a sick man Masashi, you toy with my memories to soften me up and then you hurt me. Don’t even bother because I won’t fall for it, not again,” she snapped and ran down the hall.

When Kiyomi finally arrived at the table:

“What took so long love?” Hitoshi asked as Kiyomi sat next to him.

“I guess Mr. Myoga had a lot to say about my story,” she lied.

“Of course, it was really good. Your probably at the top of his creative writing class!” Kagome declared.

“I guess,” she said laughing nervously.

She heard Hitoshi let out a loud snarl and followed his glare to find Masashi who was standing a good 5ft from them.

“What do you want,” Kiyomi asked irately.

“I wanted to sing you that confession I wrote all those years ago,” he declared.

“Well I don’t want to hear it,” she said coldly turning away from him.

He sighed but started to sing anyways.

(A/N: I do not own the song Crush, David Archuleta does)

I hung up the phone tonightSomething happened for the first timeDeep insideIt was a rushWhat a rush'Cause the possibilityThat you would ever feel the same wayAbout meIt's just too muchJust too much
Why do I keep running from the truthAll I ever think about is youYou got me hypnotizedSo mesmerizedAnd I've just got to knowDo you ever thinkWhen you're all aloneAll that we could be?Where this thing could go?Am I crazy or falling in love?Is it really just another crush?Do you catch a breathWhen I look at you?Are you holding backLike the way I do?'Cause I'm trying, trying to walk awayBut I know this crush ain't goingAwayGoing away

He walked toward her as he continued.

Has it ever crossed your mindWhen we're hanging,Spending time, girl, are we just friendsIs there moreIs there moreSee it's a chance we've gotta take'Cause I believe that we can make thisInto something that'll lastLast foreverForever

He knelt down in front of her and stared deep into her eyes as he sang the chorus. She was totally oblivious to the invisible wall he put around them.[chorus]
Why do I keep running from the truth(Why do I keep running)All I ever think about is you(All I ever think about)You got me hypnotized(Hypnotized)So mesmerized(mesmerized)And I've just got to know
[chorus]
Going awayGoing away

She closed her eyes and let her tears fall, why did he have to do this to her? She had always loved his singing, even now she found herself still captivated by it. Her eyes then flew open in alarm as she felt cold lips press against hers. Masashi was kissing her! However, this kiss was different from the others; it was soft, gentle, and…desperate. She pushed him away from her panting, and looked hesitantly at Hitoshi from the corner of her eye. He was glaring at Masashi and his eyes were bleeding red. She shook her head, sprung from her seat, and ran away. She didn’t know where she was running but she knew she wasn’t going to stay there.

Hitoshi snarled at Masashi and lunged for him, catching him right in the jaw. Masashi quickly retaliated swinging giving him an uppercut. He then kicked him in the gut sending Hitoshi flying across the room and against the wall. Everyone gasped as Hitoshi struggled to his feet and spat out a mouth full of blood. He shook it off and charged back toward him at lightning speed. Masashi swung and punched nothing but air, his eyes widened as Hitoshi locked his arms around his waist, bent back backwards, and slammed his head into the ground (hope you know what I’m talking about). Masashi’s body went limp, as he lay there bleeding and unconscious. Hitoshi groaned while his bones cracked and turned into his true form, a light brown wolf. Everyone gaped at him, no one, not even his parents or brothers, had seen him in his true form. He sniffed the ground and faced the direction Kiyomi had gone. He through his head back and howled, running toward that direction.

With Kiyomi:

Kiyomi sat on the porch of the old Higurashi shrine with her knees hugged to her chest and tears falling down her face. Why did she always have to run? She was such a joke, she claimed she was strong yet she ran from all her problems! She jumped as she heard a low growl from behind her and was surprised to see a black wolf, but she then realized it was Hitoshi because of the scent and his torn clothing. Hitoshi whined as his bones cracked again and he turned into his human form. Kiyomi blushed and looked away; he was butt naked!

“Here let’s go inside. It looks like it’s about to rain and you need some clothes,” she whispered leading him inside.

He was silent the whole time as she led him through a corridor that lead to the living room. He almost gagged at the strong scent of blood. He looked down and saw a huge blood stain on the white carpet. It was very old but had a strong stench. Kiyomi had gone up the stairs and was now holding some boxers, jeans, and a white wife-beater. He thanked her, put them on, and realized, from the scent, that they were Bankotsu’s clothes. He growled quietly deciding not to ask and sat next to her on the couch holding her close to him. Silent tears fell from her face as she snuggled into him, and it sure as hell didn’t help when it started raining. He decided to try to lighten up the mood.

“So is this the house you grew up in?” he asked.

“Yeah, I lived here till I was about sixteen and then moved out with Kagome,” she answered timidly.

“Kataki, what is the matter, you can tell me.”

“I let him kiss me.”

“No he caught you off guard, it’s not your fault. And even if you kissed him back, I wouldn’t be angry maybe sad, but not angry. I love you Kiyomi and if I have to spend the rest of my life making you feel the same way, then I will!”

She sighed, “You’re too forgiving.”

“Only for you.”

She looked up at him and smiled weakly. He leaned in and captured her lips with his making her moan. They fell on the couch entangled with each other oblivious to the crimson eyes watching them.

(A/N: There you are. Review!)