InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Ugh College ❯ Uhh A Chapter ( Chapter 55 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Enjoy!

I do not own Inuyasha.

I do own The Solstice Rose because I made them up.

Last time:

“I can’t wait to marry you,” he whispered.

“Me neither.”

This time:

“Gabriele is the sanctuary ready!” Izayoi shouted.

“Yes boss, ze flowers vill be veady in a minit!” he responded in his accent.

“Lovely darling, keep up the good work!” she squealed.

She looked around the sanctuary in pride; the wedding was going to be perfect (I’m not going to even bother describing it; use your imaginations)! In a few hours, her little boy was going to be married to the perfect girl for him! And then Sango and Miroku would be wed! Then Hitoshi and Kiyomi! Everything was going to be perfect!

Three hours later:

Inuyasha stood in front of the podium where the minister stood behind and fidgeted nervously; he’s was finally marrying Kagome. He was wearing a white suit with a red tie and his hair pulled in a high ponytail. Sesshoumaru snickered from behind him.

“What’s so funny?” he hissed.

“Forgive me, you just can’t pull off the high ponytail like me and dad; you look like Kiyomi.”

“Shut up you bastard! At least I’m not mistaken for being gay!” he retorted.

“Ooooo,” Miroku laughed.

“Ouch, you know that hurt. Don’t you think you’re being a bit touchy Inu?” Hitoshi questioned with a smirk.

“Sorry, I’m just-.”

He was cut off as the music started playing and the double doors opened. His jaw dropped as he saw Kagome step in the entrance with her arm latched with Bankotsu’s. Her hair was pulled up in a messy yet elegant bun with sections of hair, which were curled, hanging down and her bangs framing her face, they were curled. Before he knew it, she was in front of him smiling with Bankotsu still latched onto her. Sango and Kiyomi winked holding a thumb up for encouragement. He smiled weakly.

Minister:

“Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God – and in the face of this company – to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore – is not by any – to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly – but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate, these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together – let them speak now or forever hold their peace.”

‘If somebody even coughs I will shoot them!’ Kagome growled in her mind.

It was dead silent.

Minister:
“Marriage is the union of husband and wife in heart, body and mind. It is intended for their mutual joy – and for the help and comfort given on another in prosperity and adversity. But more importantly – it is a means through which a stable and loving environment may be attained.”
“Through marriage, Inuyasha and Kagome make a commitment together to face their disappointments – embrace their dreams – realize their hopes – and accept each other’s failures. Inuyasha and Kagome will promise one another to aspire to these ideals throughout their lives together – through mutual understanding – openness – and sensitivity to each other.”
“We are here today – before God – because marriage is one of His most sacred wishes – to witness the joining in marriage of Inuyasha and Kagome. This occasion marks the celebration of love and commitment with which this man and this woman begin their life together. And now – through me – He joins you together in one of the holiest bonds.”
“Who gives this woman in marriage to this man?”

Bankotsu held her hand in his and gestured for Inuyasha to take it; he did.
Bankotsu:

“Her family and friends gathered here today do.”

The minister continued with traditional speech or whatever, but Kagome and Inuyasha didn’t listen; they were staring at each other lovingly. They snapped out of their trance once the minister announced,

“You may exchange your vows.”

Inuyasha gulped and started with his voice shaking.

“Kagome, as you know, I’m not very good with sharing my emotions, but…I love you Kagome Higurashi. There is no word to describe how I feel if you simply smile. You are my world, you are my love, you are my everything. I love you; it’s as simple as that.”

Kagome’s lips trembled and tears of joy welled in her eye.

She pursed her lips and started,

“Inuyasha, all my life I’ve been afraid of a man’s touch, but you…you changed all that. I’ve never felt this way before and I never imagined that a feeling like this existed. You leave me breathless every time you walk into the room. I just don’t know what I can do to tell you how much I love you, but, what I can say is that I love you and I want to spend the rest of eternity with you.”

The crowd ‘awed’.

“In all my years, I have never heard such beautiful words filled with so much love,” the minister stated in awe.

He then turned to Inuyasha.

Minister to Inuyasha: “Do you Inuyasha take Kagome to be your wife – to live together after God’s ordinance – in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon her your heart’s deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto her as long as you both shall live?”

Inuyasha:
“I will.”

Minister to Kagome:
“Do you Kagome take Inuyasha to be your husband – to live together after God’s ordinance – in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, for richer, for poorer, for better, for worse, in sadness and in joy, to cherish and continually bestow upon him your heart’s deepest devotion, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him as long as you both shall live?”
Kagome:
“I will.”

Shippo came out with a white tuxedo on with a pillow with two rings on it (lol I had to put him as the ring boy). He gave them the rings, which they exchanged.
Minister:
“What token of your love do you offer? Would you place the rings in my hand?”

They did so.

“May these rings be blessed as the symbol of this affectionate unity. These two lives are now joined in one unbroken circle. Wherever they go – may they always return to one another. May these two find in each other the love for which all men and women year. May they grow in understanding and in compassion. May the home which they establish together be such a place that many will find there a friend. May these rings on their fingers symbolize the touch of the spirit of love in their hearts.”

The minister handed the ring to Inuyasha.

Minister to Inuyasha:
“Inuyasha, in placing this ring on Kagome’s finger, repeat after me: Kagome, you are now consecrated to me as my wife from this day forward and I give you this ring as the pledge of my love and as the symbol of our unity and with this ring, I thee wed.”

Inuyasha repeated his words and slid the ring on her slender finger.

The minister handed the ring to Kagome.

Minister to Kagome:
“Kagome, in placing this ring on Inuyasha’s finger, repeat after me: Inuyasha, you are now consecrated to me as my husband from this day forward and I give you this ring as the pledge of my love and as the symbol of our unity and with this ring, I thee wed.”

She repeated his words and slipped the ring on his finger.
Minister:

“You have pronounced yourselves husband and wife but remember to always be each other’s best friend.”
“May you always share with each other the gifts of love – be one in heart and in mind – may you always create a home together that puts in your hearts – love – generosity and kindness.”
“In as much as Inuyasha and Kagome have consented together in marriage before this company of friends and family and have pledged their faith – and declared their unity by giving and receiving a ring – are now joined.”

“What – therefore – God has joined together – let no man put asunder.”
“And so, by the power vested in me by the Almighty God, I now pronounce you man and wife – and may your days be good and long upon the earth.”
“You may now kiss the bride.”

Inuyasha wrapped his arms around Kagome’s waist, pressed her against him, and kissed her passionately. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer ignoring the flashes of cameras. Sango and Kiyomi screamed and Miroku, Hitoshi, and Sesshoumaru whistled. They pulled apart and smiled; neither of them had ever been so happy.

“Kagome, I’ve got a little surprise for you. I guess for Kiyomi and Sango too but mostly for you,” Bankotsu stated as he walked up to her.

She quirked an eyebrow.

“KAGGIE, YOU’RE FINALLY MARRIED!”

(A/N: Ok, I’m 90 percent sure none of you have any idea who it is! Haha! Review)