InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Under the Cherry Tree ❯ Epilogue: A Cherry Tree for Kagome ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N: Here we go! Epilogue time! Enjoy!!
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Under the Cherry Tree
 
Epilogue: A Cherry Tree for Kagome
 
 
All those years away at school, the box of letters had lain hidden under Kagome's front lawn. She had no clue they were there, she figured Inuyasha had burned them long ago. She had no idea he had another plan…
 
X_X_X
 
The snow filled the early morning air. It had laid a coat of pure white over the entire city. The early morning sun shining off of it gave it the look of a white, snowy heaven. The cold had leaked into Kagome's window that she had accidentally left cracked open the night before. Kagome shivered and turned over, flipping her lamp on and looking at the clock. It was eight o' clock. EIGHT O' CLOCK!!!
 
She threw back the covers, grabbing her robe and throwing it on. She ran downstairs. The light was on in the living room as she entered.
 
“MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!” everyone shouted at her arrival. She was a bit taken aback since she had only just woken up, but settled down as her family hugged her.
 
“Merry Christmas, sis!” Sota exclaimed as he hugged her.
 
“Thank you, bro,” she said, walking further into the room. It was filled with the light from the tree. She was surprised to find Inuyasha reclining in the chair across the room. He smiled and stood up, kissing her on the forehead.
 
“Morning, princess.”
 
She smiled.
 
“Hey, let's open presents!” Kagome's mom exclaimed.
 
“What an idea!” Grandpa said, pulling a tiny gift from under the tree, handing it to Kagome. “This one's from Inuyasha.”
 
Inuyasha laughed at the old man's excitement. It was his gift to her, but he didn't really mind.
 
Kagome's heart was racing as she unwrapped it carefully. She opened the box. “Oh…” she said, pulling out a tag. It was a nursery tag for a cherry tree. “Wow…a tree!” she said, trying to sound excited.
 
“Why don't we go plant it!” Inuyasha suggested.
 
“Now??”
 
“Sure, sweetheart!” her mom said, leading her toward the door.
 
“Shouldn't we open the other presents…?”
 
“They'll be there when we get back.”
 
Inuyasha took Kagome's hand and practically dragged her into the front yard. A shovel and tree laid on the snow in the yard.
 
“Shouldn't we plant it in the back?”
 
“Nonsense. Front is good,” Inuyasha said looking around. Sota, Mrs. Higurashi, and Grandpa stood on the front porch. They knew exactly what Inuyasha was doing.
 
Inuyasha found a spot that was quite familiar to him. “How about this spot? It looks perfect.”
 
“Actually, I kinda like it over here,” Kagome said, standing ten feet away, feeling the grass underneath the snow.
 
“Nope. This spot is good.”
 
He handed her a shovel.
 
“Do I have to dig?”
 
He nodded.
 
Kagome handed him the tree and took the shovel, sticking it into the earth.
 
CLANK!
 
Kagome looked up at Inuyasha questioningly. He could hardly contain himself. She dug the dirt away, finding a metal box wrapped in three plastic bags. On the top was written “Memories of us.” Kagome opened the box, finding it full of letters.
 
“Theses are our…”
 
Inuyasha nodded. She noticed the top letter was not one she had ever seen. It was a cream-colored envelope. She set the box down, opening the letter. It was a letter she had never read. It had only eight words:
 
Kagome, I love you. Will you marry me?
 
Her heart stopped. She looked up at Inuyasha, who pulled a ring out of his back pocket.
 
“Oh, Kami…” she said quietly, covering her mouth as Inuyasha dropped down to one knee.
 
“Kagome…”
 
She didn't even let him finish before she dove down, locking onto his neck. “Oh yes…”
 
He held her. The snow was freezing, but they had ceased to notice it. They had never been happier.
 
All those years ago, even as a distraught 19-year-old, he had buried the box in her front yard. He wrote that letter the day they broke up. His dreams had been buried with the box that night. He didn't know if the box would ever be unburied, if his dreams would ever come true, he didn't know if she would ever see the last letter he wrote her, but he knew if fate was on their side, the box would be found and Kagome would be his.
 
Forever.
 
 
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
A/N: The end!!! Again, I want to thank everyone that reviewed and liked the story. Thank you so much! Till next time, Jaa!