InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ UnderCover is a *itch! ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1:

Dear Diary,

Hey it's just me again. You remember Tony right? My boss? Well, you won't believe this but he told me to take a break from all my work and get ready for my new case. Just in case I forgot to write this… well… I'm going on my
FIRST undercover job. Can you believe it? I waited more than a year for this opportunity and I can't help but be excited.
 
Well, as always.
A pleasure filling you in
 
-- Rin

The young woman read over her work one last time and sighed in excitement. She brushed her dark hair out of her eyes and looked towards her computer screen. She couldn't believe it was finally happening. Rin has been working as a cop for a few years and then out of know where; Tony tells her she's going to have the chance to be an undercover agent. What more could she ask for?

"Hey Tomeo, get in here." Tony's familiar raspy voiced yelled from his office. Rin quickly jumped up from her chair and made her way towards the office. She sat down, smiled, stood back up, and bowed. “Sorry sir. I didn't mean to be so informal. I'm just so excited.”
 
Tony laughed, “Tomeo… Rin… we've been friends for years. You know I don't mind.” Rin nodded and sat back into the chair. She pulled it closer to his desk and smiled excitedly. “Tomeo, I still don't think putting you undercover is a good idea.” He could see the disappointment in her eyes. “HOWEVER, my boss is for it and told me to give you the job. Now, I'm going to tell you… this ain't going to be easy. I'm worried.”

"I can handle it, sir." Rin smiled.

//It's not that I don't think you can do it, Rin. I'm just afraid of what might happen to you//
 
Tony nodded his head and handed a green folder to Rin. “If you read all the information in this folder, you should have a good understanding. You have 24 hours and then you HAVE to be ready.”

"I understand and believe me Tony, you can count on me." Rin said, giving him one last smile.

----

"TAXI!"

A yellow cab pulled towards Rin and she quickly got inside. She only left the office for 5 minutes and as soon as she stepped outside it started to rain. "7th Street, near Brook's Book Store, please?" Rin told the driver as she rubbed some of the water out of her hair.
 
----

A tall man with a long silver ponytail stood at the end of 7th Street. He looked at his watch and mumbled under his breath. How long had it been? Hour? His patent was beginning to wear off and that was never a good sign. "Jaken, where the hell are you?” He mumbled, seconds later, a short man wearing all green ran coat ran towards him.

"I am so sorry sir." The man said bowing.

"Did you get it Jaken?"

"Yes sir h-here it is." Jaken pulled out a long thing suitcase and opened. A silver gun with crystals in beaded into the handle glittered at him. (Note: For those who saw Hellsing, think of Alcard's (spelling?) Sexy Silver gun)

"It's very rare, sir. It is rumored it has a powerful blast that can go through at least five people.” Jaken smiled.

"If I didn't know this information, do you think I would have asked for it?” The man questioned, sticking the box inside his coat. Jaken was about to bow again but the man turned on his heels and walked away.
 
---

"BUTWHYAGROUPOFKILLERS? WHATIFTHEYKILLMEORSOMETHINGSTRANGE? WHYISN'TTHEREANYGI RLSINTHIS? DON'TYOUTHINKIT'SSTRANGE?" Rin yelled as she stomped into Tony's office the next morning.

Tony, hardly understanding a word she said, knew it had something to do with her case, rolled his eyes. "Well, you said you could handle it."
 
It was true Rin said she could handle it. She thought she could handle it last night when she read the report. She remembers clearly how it said she had to go undercover as an outlaw. She has to get close to these 3 guys named Naraku, Sesshoumaru, and Jaken. Who have been smuggling rare guns and killing important CEO's and a group of other important people. Why would Tony's boss put her first undercover job in such a dangerous place was a complete mystery to Rin. But now that she had to go out and meet the guys, she was scared.

"Are you dropping out?" Tony asked.

"No I'm not dropping out! I can do this, besides… I already look the part." Rin said holding her coat closed and unnaturally close to her body.

"Are you going to show me what you're wearing?" Tony asked.

"NO!" Rin blushed. "I have go, wish me luck.” Rin said, walking out the door.

"YOU BETTER BE CAREFUL TOMEO!" Tony yelled.
 
Rin's head popped back in the doorway and she gave him a little wink. “Don't worry… I took acting classes in college.”