InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected Allies: Chosen, The Tosusaiga's True Master ❯ Rin Found! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Yeah right. If you think I own Inuyasha, then I own all of Tokyo too. {::gasps in horror as lawyers start to swarm::} I'm just playing! I don't own them! Man, can't you guys take a joke!

Eddie, Tessa, Kat421, Inuyashafan13, Xanthos, DemonLady, White Deer, Bagerwolf, Youkai Yume, Kagoe-Shippo, and J-Lynn: Thanks for reviewing and let me know if you have any questions!

SF: The amazing Dark Neko-Chan drew me a picture of Narasa over the weekend! To see it, because you should see it, go to media miner under his name and in my art folder. It's a beautiful piece of work and everyone thank Dark Neko-Chan for taking the time to grace us with it. Thanks!

Chapter Four:

Rin Found!

Kagome woke up to sniffles, then sobs beside her. She opened one eye and was instantly blinded by the early morning sunlight. Her head throbbed insistently, and the crying was making it worse. Kagome tried to rub the back of her head, remembering the blow, but was stopped in mid air. Kagome cracked one eye open, looking up at her hands. They were chained to the wall, and she found that her feet were too. The chains jangled against each other as she moved, and the crying stopped.

"Onee-chan?"

Kagome blinked, waiting patiently for her eyes to adjust to the light as her mind registered the voice.

"Rin?"

"Onee-chan!" the girl squealed, throwing her arms around her. Kagome winced, but smiled as Rin cried on her shoulder. "It's o. k."

"Rin thought Kagome-oneechan was dead!"

"No, I'm not dead. My head hurts, though."

Rin pulled away. "Rin is sorry. Rin didn't mean to hurt Kagome."

"Don't worry about it. You didn't hurt me. You're scent's actually helpful."

As Rin hugged her again, Kagome wondered when her sense of smell became so strong. The scent of sulfur and fresh blood approached their room. Kagome stiffened.

"Rin, get behind me."

Rin did as she was told as Naraku entered the room in the disguise of the human prince. Kagome steeled her face in cold indifference as the hanyou caressed it.

"Are you not pleased to see me, miko? I'm happy to see you."

Kagome twisted her face away from him, her eyes closed.

Naraku frowned. "That is no way to treat your host." He peered around Kagome to Rin, who had her hands fisted in Kagome's hair. "There you are, little one. How about you move over there so your onee and I can talk?"

Rin started to move when Kagome shook her head. "Stay."

Rin stayed.

Naraku growled and reached around Kagome. He grabbed Rin's wrist and yanked her away from Kagome, ripping some of Kagome's hair out in the process. He tossed the child to the futon in the far corner of the room, then turned back to Kagome.

"Why is she here, Naraku?" Kagome demanded.

Naraku shrugged. "As an amusement. She's Sesshoumaru's little human, isn't she?"

"Sesshoumaru's gonna kill you, you sick fuck."

Naraku grinned, grabbing her chin and forcing her head up. "Such language for a miko. You have no idea how attractive that is."

"Why am I here?" Kagome asked, intent on changing the subject. Naraku knew this, but allowed it for the moment.

"Why do you think you're here?"

"Not to piss Inuyasha off, I hope. If so, you have the wrong girl."

Naraku ran a hand through her hair, holding her steady when she tried to jerk away. "I don't care about him. He won't be able to track us anyway, because my castle moves at dawn every day. You're here because I want you to be."

"What are you going to do to Rin?"

Naraku turned to look at Rin over his shoulder. Rin whimpered and scooted closer to the wall. "Anything I please."

"Like hell," Kagome growled, her eyes turning white. Naraku snarled back and smacked her, knocking her head against the wall.

"So you want to play, do you?" he hissed in her ear. Naraku stopped and kissed it, nicking her. Kagome winced, but didn't move otherwise. Naraku smiled.

"You'll learn to fear me, miko. I'll make you into what I want you to be."

He turned and left. Kagome breathed a sigh of relief, vaguely aware of the blood dribbling down her cheek. Rin gasped and crawled to her.

"Are you o. k. oneechan?"

Kagome nodded, fighting unconsciousness. She knew she couldn't leave Rin by herself with that sicko around, but how to protect her was another matter entirely. She thought of the blood on her cheek and came up with an idea.

"Rin, I want you to reach inside your kimono for a handkerchief. Use it to clean my face."

Rin did as she was told, gently dabbing at the blood as instructed. "What about the cut?" she asked.

"It'll be gone when you finish."

Rin nodded and wiped the rest of the blood off Kagome's face. As Kagome said, the cut was gone, not even a scar left. Rin smiled.

"All done!"

"Good," Kagome whispered. She was loosing the battle with sleep, but she still fought on.

"Put it next to your heart. Don't let go of it and don't let anyone know you have it." Rin nodded and put the handkerchief in the inner folds of her kimono. Kagome sighed. "Good. Go lay down, Rin."

Rin started to protest, but did as she was told. "Now sleep."

The handkerchief glowed for a split second, then faded as Rin went to sleep. Kagome followed soon after.

^^^^^^^^

"What are you doing in Rin's dream, Kagome-oneechan?" Rin asked as she hugged Kagome's knee. "And why are you dressed so funny?"

Kagome looked down at herself. Rin was dressed in an orange kimono with a white obi. Her hair was up in braids, with little yellow sunflowers weaved inside them. Kagome was in a yellow mini sundress, with yellow high heeled sandals and straw hat to match. Rin's dream was really Kagome's, but Kagome didn't feel like arguing.

"To play with you, Rin."

Rin grinned and turned to look around her. They were in a large field of lilies, with the summer sun shining down on them. Rin grinned at all the pretty flowers around her, then gasped. Kagome looked in the direction Rin was looking, and nearly gasped as well. Standing with his back to them, his silver hair and his normal robes billowing in the wind was

"SESSHOUMARU-SAMA!!!!"

Rin ran toward him, her arms outstretched. Sesshoumaru looked over his shoulder, surprise flickering over his face. When he turned around, his mask of indifference was back on. Kagome sighed and shook her head as Rin collided with Sesshoumaru's knee.

"Rin missed Sesshoumaru-sama."

"Rin," he warned. "What have I told you?"

Rin chewed on her lip thoughtfully. "I have missed you, Sesshoumaru-sama?"

"Correct."

Rin grinned and hugged his knee tighter, earning a pat on the head. She released him and skipped away as Kagome approached him.

"How did Rin get here?" Sesshoumaru asked as Kagome sat down on the grass. Kagome motioned for him to sit beside her. He dragged her into his lap as soon as he was seated, his arms encircling her shoulders.

"I made a talisman so she could come with me," Kagome explained, leaning back against Sesshoumaru's chest as she watched Rin chase a butterfly. "I wanted her with me when I sleep so Naraku can't terrorize her."

Sesshoumaru nodded. "Where are you?"

"I don't know. It wouldn't help you if I did. Naraku said that the castle moves at dawn everyday."

Sesshoumaru rested his head on her shoulder, groaning a little.

"What's wrong?" Kagome asked. "Are your legs falling asleep again?"

"No," he grumbled. He shimmered a little, then solidified. "I fell asleep at my desk."

Kagome giggled, her hat being tossed across the field in response. Rin picked it up and used it to chase butterflies.

"I am glad someone takes pleasure in my misery."

Kagome petted his hand. "Aww..." she cooed. "Is Seishou-sensei uncomfortable?"

"I should roll you down this hill."

"Then you'd ruin my pretty dress."

Sesshoumaru sighed. "I swear, you two will be the death of me yet."

Kagome laughed and shook her head. She frowned suddenly, remembering something she wanted to ask him.

"Seishou, why did you kiss me?"

Silence.

"Seishou? I know you heard me."

Sesshoumaru sighed and hugged her tighter. "You are in danger right now. Let's discuss it when you are safe."

Kagome nodded in defeat. "So how do you plan on tracking us?" she asked.

"Your mark. That is what it is for, after all."

"But you don't know where Naraku's castle will be."

"Does not matter. I will find you both."

Kagome smiled and brushed the back of her hand against his cheek. "I don't doubt it. Why are you so affectionate in here, but so cold out there?"

"I do as I please, even in my dreams."

"Nice to know you're still as arrogant as-"

Kagome winced sharply, jerking against Sesshoumaru's arms.

"Kagome, what is it?"

"Oh!" Kagome gasped. She jerked completely from Sesshoumaru's lap and onto the grass. Rin ran up to them, holding a fistful of lilies. When she saw Kagome on the ground, with Sesshoumaru over her, she dropped the lilies and kneeled by her side.

"Is oneechan gonna be o. k.?"

"I do not know."

Kagome continued to shudder, whimpering slightly. She glimmered, then started to fade away.

"Naraku is trying to wake me up. Rin, stay here with Sesshoumaru-sama," she whispered before she completely disappeared. Sesshoumaru growled, the sound like thunder in Rin's ears. Whoever woke Kagome up so painfully was going to pay.

^^^^^^^^^^

-------

SF: So here's Rin everyone, safe and sound.

Inuyasha: Safe and sound? Are you dense? She and Kagome are NOT safe and sound! They're with NARAKU, the bastard!

SF: Ok, maybe safe and sound isn't appropriate.

Inuyasha: Damn straight. So when do I get to come in and save the day?

SF: Huh?

Inuyasha: You know what I'm talking about. I come in, cut off Naraku's sick head, rescue Kagome and toss the kid back to Fluffy. You know, the obvious ending.

SF: ::laughing:: You can't be serious? When did I say I would do an obvious ending?

Inuyasha: What?! Don't tell me you're going to let Fluffy rescue her?

SF: ::shrug:: Ok, I won't.

Inuyasha: ::throwing a fit:: But I want to be the hero! Its not fair SF!

SF: And who said I would be fair? The previews, recommendation and the responses are below.

Chapter Five: A Miko Of My Very Own

"You'd better get rid of her," Kikyou hissed, leaning over the desk in his face.

"Why should I?"

"Why shouldn't you?"

"Well," he began, leaning back in his chair. "Inuyasha has his own miko. I want one, too."

RECOMMENDATION: This Mess We're In by Volpa

OK, for the summary: It's really two stories in one, with one in Kagome's time and the other in Feudal Era Japan. The one in Kagome's time has an amnesiac Kagome going to college. On her first day, she meets this guy by the name of Sesshou (not my Sesshou, a different one). We learn that they're both having strange dreams, unusual powers and can't remember a thing about their pasts. Now rewind to Feudal Era Japan, where the jewel hunters finally complete the jewel, only to have it shattered again. Sesshoumaru finds an injured Kagome and helps her out, but somehow can't seem to get our favorite miko out of is mind. That's as good of a summary as I can give for today, but the story is on both ff and mm. You know what comes next: Go read and review so she can update!

Responses:

Fanfiction:

Crystal-Chan: I don't care if you've reviewed or not, I still love it when you do! What's Golden Sun?

AkxTp: I wouldn't hurt you for something that's not your fault! I'm a nice falcon, even though Sesshou says different. Stupid dog! Yup, Inu-chan can think, if you can believe it. Rin isn't stuck in a dream world. Sesshoumaru probed Jaken's mind for that little tid-bit of information. If you remember anything else you want to ask me, let me know!

Erin: Three months have gone by since Kagome and Sesshoumaru fought in the miko village, and she was with him for three weeks. Get it? Oh hell, I think I confused myself. Email me again if you don't and I'll get my moms to explain it. She's better at these things than I am.

Cherry-Wolf: Sesshou didn't start drinking 'till I started writing. I wonder if its connected in some way. ~.^ Oh well. Naraku is a real trip, the jerk! I know you didn't think I'd hurt Rin, did you? Shame on you! Oh, and when you get the chance, bop Tasuki-chan on the head for me. He hasn't done anything, but its still funny!

Flambeay-Willow: Relief will cause that in people, even Sesshou. He's not totally warm and fuzzy though, so don't panic. Just wait until a few chapters and you'll see.

Disturbed-Demon-Gurl: 'Easy Betrayal' huh? I'm going to have to check that out. Thanks for the love and I'm coming with another update this Friday.

Lilo: Ack! Wait a minute! I can't do any of that! Not yet at least! Just be patient and all will come.

Kidoairaku: Good job! {::pats K on the back::} You did figure it out! I wouldn't kill Rin because Sesshou would have a fit!

RoxyRavette: Thanks so much! I knew someone found the recommendations useful. I only do the S/K fics because they're so rare and hard to find. I'm always on the lookout for new stories, so if you find one you don't think I've read, email me and let me know.

Say-Chan the Pyro: Sesshou's going to go get them, I promise! Don't worry, I won't let Naraku hurt Rin!

Aino Saori: I know! Sesshou hasn't returned with my flute yet! On top of that, Kikyou is still walking around. Hey Sesshou! When are you going to kill Kikyou? Sesshou: When I get good and ready. SF: Well, excuse me. Stupid Dog Toy. Thanks for the warning, even though it's too late.

PasoLover: I don't like him either, but the toad needs a heart. So I gave him one. Ha. Naraku is up to his sick tricks again, the bloody pervert.

BeyondWords: Awwwwwwww....babies are so cute! I remember when my muse was a baby. You know, before she became the backstabbing ball of cunning! I swear, I think she's part kitsune too! Oh, I'm feeling better too, thank God! Being sick is torture!

Gold Dragon: Good luck with the renovating, and the trip to Cali and Happy Birthday! Not a prob with the romance. I don't mind taking it slow, but by the end you'll be ready to kill me. I'm glad you enjoyed the fable. A picture of Narasa is on mediaminer under his name.

Del_kaidin: Oh, well, there's something I didn't know. Proves my idea isn't so original after all. Thanks for telling me.

Shortcake: Kagome is here, and yes the sword's not. Its not coming for a while now, but it's coming, I swear! You're right, she could get away, but I don't think she knows that yet.

MysticalAngel: Yeah, I felt sorry for Jaken too. Poor toad. N-E-Ways, tell Sesshou to stop being a butthole and help you review! Yank him out of whatever hole he crawled into.

FluffyGirl: I'll try, but I like to let everyone know that I at least read their review and appreciate it. I tell you what, how about we compromise: I'll put the thank you's together at the beginning of the chapter and answer questions at the bottom of the chapter, like today. What do you think?

Tokai: Don't worry about that! I wouldn't think you were stealing an idea! For heaven's sake, that would be so shallow of me. Go ahead and write it, and I hope its a great story.

Hiraikotsu Slinger: Thanks for reviewing and I hope to hear from you again!

Banana Flavored Eskimo: I thought you'd never come back after the little comment about your name. I honestly love it, and wasn't trying to offend you. Thanks for the gold sticker. {::shoves shoe in Sesshou's face::} See the pretty star Sesshou!

ANAme-chan: I know all about 'A Single Spark'. As a matter of fact, they're the ones that started my S/K obsession. Thanks for the love and I'm updating again on Tuesday!

Hoshi-chan1: Ohhhhhhhhhhh....I think I have seen that one. I'll have to go look at it again. Please don't hurt Inu-chan too badly, I do still need him.

Aphiopsyduck: I can't spell worth a crap, so if there were spelling errors please chalk them up to the stress Sesshou is putting me through. I can't wait for the new theatre to be built so I can kick him out! Um, anyway, don't worry about Rin. She'll stay breathing as long as I hold the keyboard. Kikyou will somehow get her's in the end. No prob about the story suggestions, I do them because S/K stories are so hard to find. The fable is a story I used to tell my muse to make her go to bed. It never worked but a lot of people still like it.

Namesake: Thanks for saying that my characters are still in character. I worry about that. Sesshou is my favorite too, even if he is being a butt at the moment.

Laina Inverse: Thanks! {::hugs blanket::} But I'm almost over my cold. It sucks to be sick, and I got revenge. Muhahahahahahahahahahahah!

Aki no Yume1: Naraku is planning something really sick, the twisted punk. He really doesn't give two shakes about Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha, he just wants to piss off one and be like the other. You'll see what I mean Friday. The sword is coming, so hold on!

Tenshi no Yami: I couldn't get rid of Jaken! I needed the little green faced booger! SF's muse: Mommy! SF said booger! SF: Oh hell. Tattletale. Anyway, I won't hurt Rin. For some reason, Naraku wants the keyboard. He wants to write and throws a real fit if I tell him no....so I tell him no.

Hinoke: I honestly thought I did! Please don't hurt me! {::ducks mallet::} If you hurt me, I can't continue...{::H. stops::} Thought so. I tried to put the entire name up on Fanfiction but it went screwy. The entire name is on mediaminer though, so if you get lost go there.

Em Starcatcher: Oooooooooo I love gifts! I do, I do I do! Thank you so much!

Mistress Fluffy: School sucks to no end, I swear, and it hasn't even started. Registration took for-bloody-ever and some jerk put gum in my hair. I mean really, aren't we a little too old for that crap! So now I have a chin-length bob, pissed off beyond all measure, and glad to be transferring away from that school. Sorry about reviewing one story, I'm still trying to figure out where that English credit I earned last semester ran off to.

Mediaminer:

Lady Sesshoumaru: Bits and pieces suck, and I hate to be confused like anyone else. And of course I wouldn't kill Rin! The only way for that to happen is for Naraku to take my keyboard.