InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected Allies: Chosen, The Tosusaiga's True Master ❯ A Miko of My Very Own ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

{Disclaimer: No, I don't own Inuyasha. I don't even own this computer. It's a rental. What do you expect from a poor college student?}

Unexpected Allies Trilogy

Part Two

Chosen, the Tosusaiga's True Master

Chapter Five:

A Miko Of My Very Own

Kagome woke up, not to Naraku's sneering face, but the snarl of a very angry tiger youkai as he kicked her in the side. Kagome winced and tried to shield herself with her arms, but couldn't move for the chains. He kicked her again, and she cried out.

"Finally. You're awake, you little bitch!" the tiger snarled, his claws making neat little holes in her neck as he choked her. Kagome struggled, the chains jangling loudly.

"I'm going to make you pay for what you did to my brother!"

He squeezed tighter and Kagome's struggling became more insistent. He only tightened his grip more. Kagome started to black out when a firm voice from behind the youkai ordered

"Let go. Now."

The youkai released Kagome in a heap of dark green. The tiger moved to the side as Naraku entered the room. He stood Kagome up and surveyed her clothes. Her sleeveless shirt had a huge claw mark in the front, exposing her bra through the rips in the fabric, and her pants were nothing but tatters. Kagome was surprised they stayed together for so long. Naraku shook his head in disapproval.

"Tisk, tisk, tisk. You're a mess, my beautiful miko," he said cheerfully. He sat her down gently, then backhanded the tiger youkai across the chin.

"What did I tell you about her?!" Naraku snarled, miasma swirling around the fallen tiger. He struggled to breathe, clawing at its neck for air.

"I'm sorry, Naraku," he croaked. "But she killed my brother!"

"I don't care about your brother! I said not to touch her! The miko is MINE!!!" Naraku picked up the tiger and tossed him out of the window and down the hill below. He turned to Kagome, who was shuddering in the cold morning air.

"Forgive me, my love," he cooed, fishing a handkerchief out of his haori and wiping the blood from her split lip. "I told him not to come in here."

He left the room and came back with a new set of clothes. Using his claws to remove the tattered remains of Kagome's clothes, he slowly dressed her in new ones. Kagome turned away from him, hiding Sesshoumaru's mark against the wall. His eyes fell on her every feature, lapping them up like a hungry dog. Kagome felt her stomach lurch under the lustful look in his eyes. When he was finished, Naraku stood up and surveyed his work.

"Beautiful. You look like a princess instead of a miko. But I would have no less of my possessions."

"I am no one's possession!" she hissed.

Naraku shook his head. "That's where you're wrong. You're here because you're mine. You were mine when you were Kikyou 50 years ago, and you're mine now." He walked to the doorway, turning to tell her one last thing before shutting the door.

"You're to eat dinner with me this evening. Be on your best behavior."

Kagome waited until he was gone to wake Rin. Rin sat up instantly, yawning. Kagome noticed the food on a tray near the door.

"Rin, go eat. You have to keep your strength up."

Rin nodded and grabbed an apple off the tray. "Where did oneechan get the pretty clothes?"

Kagome spared herself a glance. Naraku dressed her in a midnight blue kimono with a silver obi. There were little embroidered sakura blossoms in the fabric. He even removed the combat boots, replacing them with tiny white slippers. 'Oh great,' Kagome groaned to herself. 'That makes three possessive youkai, and two that seem to be just a little too affectionate for my own good.'

"Someone gave them to me."

Rin nodded, satisfied with the answer as she continued to eat.

++++++

Naraku stood in his quarters, smiling at the fuming miko in front of him.

"Why isn't she dead, Naraku?" Kikyou demanded, her fists balled at her sides. Naraku sat down behind his desk.

"Because I don't want her to be yet."

"You'd better get rid of her," Kikyou hissed, leaning over the desk in his face.

"Why should I?"

"Why shouldn't you?"

"Well," he began, leaning back in his chair. "Inuyasha has his own miko. I want one, too."

"What are you talking about," Kikyou asked, stepping back from the desk. Naraku snickered, watching as her face pale in front of him.

"The miko in there's still pure. You're not."

"I know my soul isn't pure."

Naraku quirked an eyebrow. "Who said I'm talking about your soul, Kikyou?"

Kikyou backed against the door, ready to bolt at any second. "What are you talking about?" she asked again.

"I know all about you and Inuyasha. I can see his mark from here. I can smell him on you, in you, even now. You're no longer pure. You're just another whore."

Kikyou paled further, her eyes narrowed into slits. "Have more respect, hanyou. I don't fear you like she does."

"Really?" he purred. He crossed the room and propped his hands against the wall, trapping her between them. "Then why are you so close to my door?"

Kikyou stiffened and Naraku laughed. He released her, shaking his head.

"I don't want you anymore. You're not the Kikyou you used to be. You're nothing more than a shell now. The miko I have is pure, powerful, and holds a wonderful secret inside her small, beautiful body. I'm going to enjoy tainting her as Inuyasha has tainted you. I will destroy her spirit and make her my pet. It could have been you, Kikyou, but you chose another."

"It would never have been me and if she's half as strong as you say she is, she won't be your pet either."

Naraku backhanded her, sending her crumpling to the floor. "Leave my house, Kikyou. Find your worthless hanyou."

Kikyou picked herself up off the floor and walked out the room without another word.