InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected Feelings ❯ Rin and Naraku ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

R_S: Hey guys, I'm finally back! Shout-out time:
 
Black-Death-Dragon: Thanx for the review. Yes, Flora meant she didn't want him to attack the demon. Sorry for the confusion. Please review again!
 
Michelle: Thanx! Yeah, Miroku is quite the perv. I saw Riven and istantly thought `Inu!' I had to through that in there! Review again!
 
Bahamut9999: Here's the answer. And Buh-lieve me, Sesshy will be here VERY soon. *coughchaptersixcough* Review please!
 
nukerjsr: Thanx, doing that is not easy. Sesshy's gonna be really hard to do… damn. Here's your action, Fluffy-sama will be here soon. I tried to add a little humor, to liten up that chapter and makeup for this one. Review s'il vous plait!
 
Ok, this chapter is violent. You have been warned!
 
Disclaimer: I want these shows! Give them to meeeeeee!!!!!
 
 
Ch.5 Rin and Naraku
 
(Flora's P.O.V.)
 
The next morning was relatively uneventful for us. We woke up at the crack of dawn and had breakfast. Kagome was going to take us to a hot spring that night, so we could bathe. She had gone back to the future to get us some nightwear and a change of clothes. We somehow managed to keep Stella from complaining about the clothing choices.
 
After eating, I decided to go for another walk, this time alone. Since it was broad daylight, everyone assumed it was all right. I had just reached the outskirts of the village, and was about to turn back, when I heard sniffling. Readjusting my bag on my shoulder, I looked around.
 
“Hello?” I called out and heard a gasp; I followed the noise to a rustling bush. Pushing part of it out of the way, I peered inside. There was a cowering child inside. It did its best to scurry away from me.
 
“G-go away.” The small child batted a hand around in an attempt to ward me off. I gave a warm smile.
 
“It's all right, I not going to harm you.” I reached in and pulled the child out, cradling it in my arms. It quivered at first but after a few minutes of rubbing the young one's back and whispering to it, the small human relaxed. I sat down on a rock and stood the child up.
 
She was an adorable small girl in a pink dress. She had a ponytail on the side of her head, pretty brown eyes, and a cute, little button nose. I smiled again.
 
“I'm Flora, what's your name?” She looked me up and down, unsure, before answering.
 
“M-my name is… Rin” I put my bag on the ground and moved forward slightly.
 
“Rin? That's a very pretty name for a very pretty girl.” She giggled and a slight blush tinged her cheeks. “Why are you crying?” She showed me a scrape on her arm, reaching from her elbow to her wrist and bleeding. She sniffled again. I reached for my bag, “We can fix that.”
 
***
 
As I bandaged her arm, I tried to strike up some conversation to relax the girl. “So Rin, where did you get this scrape on your arm?” She looked down shamefully.
 
“I was playing on the rocks, even though I know I shouldn't… Please don't tell!” she looked up at me with hope in her eyes.
 
“Well, I don't know who I'd tell, so I really can't. Just be more careful.” She smiled. I looked up, returned the gesture, looked back down and finished up her arm. As I put away my supplies, Rin spoke up.
 
“Why are you being so nice?”
 
“Should I be mean?” I answered in jest.
 
“Well, yeah. No one else is nice. Except for Lord Sesshomaru and Jaken.” Rin… now I remembered! Kagome told me about Inuyasha and Sesshomaru's brotherly- uh-oh. Calmed down and answered her curtly, but as unrude (An: that's actually not a word! :p) as possible.
 
“People are nice they just don't show it.”
 
“Why?”
 
“A lot of them are afraid. They think is kindness weak.”
 
“Oh…”
 
“I have a friend like that.” She nodded to signal she heard me. After about a minute of silence she began asking more questions.
 
“Do you ever wonder what trees are for?” I looked up. Finally, something I could talk about.
 
“The produce what we breath.”
 
“Wow! They make air?”
 
“Yes, in a way. It's more complicated than that, but yes.”
 
“That's really cool!”
 
“You know what else?”
 
“What?”
 
“Each and every tree, plant, and animal has a voice, has a spirit, and has a name.” (An: Pocahontas!)
 
“Wow!”
 
“I know!” I laughed lightly.
 
“Why are you dressed so funny?” I sighed.
 
“Let's just say I'm not from around here.”
 
“So, you're from the future?” I stopped and looked at her.
 
“How do you know about that?”
 
“A girl who dresses funny and travels with the half demon Inuyasha is from the future too. Lots of people know, but not everyone believes it.” Closing my eyes, I took a deep breath.
 
“Yes, I'm from the future.”
 
“I knew it!” Rin giggled, “I have to go now, bye Flora!” Waving, she turned and ran. I watched her as she disappeared from sight.
 
I picked up my bag, and turned towards the village. I was hearing noises coming from the trees, so I turned around. I really regretted doing that. A giant monkey costume with vines coming from the bottom appeared. I stood like a statue too afraid to move, or even blink. Coming to my senses, I turned to the village and began running as fast as my legs could carry me.
 
A vine-like-limb grasped me and lifted me into the air, “You must be one of Naraku's puppets!” As it began to squeeze me, I let out a painful scream.
 
Tighter. Tighter. It would not relinquish its grasp on me as ragged breaths shook my entire body. Blood stated drizzling into my mouth. White dots were covering my vision.
 
“FLORA!”
 
“OH MY GOSH!”
 
“NO!”
 
My friends looked so scared, so distraught. Their feelings spread to me quickly. I began to panic. I didn't like the bitter, salty taste of my blood. In my mind, I was begging, pleading for it to stop. It hurt so much. Did I really deserve this?
 
Red liquid began spilling out of my mouth. My friends were really at it now. There were tears, screams, wide eyes. Even Riven looked so, so… unbearably horrified. His eyes would not reenter their sockets. I thought of how it was nice to know he really did care. That's one more step towards a full-fledged relationship with Musa.
 
Inuyasha now had tetsusaiga ready in his hands. Lifting it over his head, he ran at us. Anger had filled him from just a glance at the look on Kagome's face. He was bringing his sword down. Just before he reached us, I was sent through the air. Flying, before falling.
 
Faster and faster, the ground came to meet me. Clutching my bag for comfort, I shut my eyes and waited for death's arrival. The wind was blowing upwards and my hair billowed. Before hitting the ground, I realized something. I was a fairy, and I had just enough energy for a single spell.
 
I choked on my blood as I said it, but at least I got it out.
I hoped it worked, as I shut my eyes once more.
 
“Say this once
Say this twice
Cast this spell
And all will be well
Say this once
Say this twice
Cast this spell
And all will be well”
 
Pain.
 
Black.
 
 
R_S: No, this is not the end. And no, Flora is defiantly not dead.
Next chapter: Sesshy!
The more reviews I get, the sooner I'll update.
Also, if you have any requests/suggestions, tell me.
I'd be more than happy to oblige.
Leave a review, buh-bye!