InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected Feelings ❯ Flora's Awakened ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

R_S: Hey, I'm back!
 
Zander: Oh, and my day wasn't bad enough.
 
R_S: Shut-up! Special thanks to blue_fairy, katanagirl, CrazyInsaneAnimeFanGirl (more pervy-ness to come!), Kayla (yeah, bitchin!), Black-Death-Dragon, Catherine, EmaroldHeart, HmgirlKristi (cursing's fun!), and Erick-Genryusai (I'll take your ideas into consideration!)
 
 
Chapter 9
Flora Awakens
 
“Ugh… like how much farther is it?”
 
“We. Don't. Know. Stella.” Musa spat through her teeth.
 
“This is taking so long!”
 
“Well, when people are thrown across forests by demons, it usually takes a while to get to their location.” Sango explained.
 
“Just be happy she landed this close to the village.” Miroku added.
 
“This is close?” Stella whined.
 
“Does she have an off button?” complained Riven.
 
“HEY!” Stella pouted.
 
“Riven.” Bloom mediated, “Stella, you have been complaining an awful lot. Just try to remember, we're doing this for Flora. You want to get her back, don't you?” Bloom's voice was pleading.
 
“Like yeah, of course I do. But, wouldn't it be faster, and easier, if we just flew there?” Everyone stopped and stared at Stella, blinking.
 
Musa was first to break the silence. “Why didn't any of us think of that?”
 
“Because people can't fly.” Miroku pointed out.
 
“And Kirara can't carry us all.” Sango continued.
 
“She doesn't have to.” Bloom explained, “Inuyasha can travel quickly, so we can fly ahead, staying even with him, and you guys can lag behind with the boys.”
 
“Feh, call me when you grow some wings.” Inuyasha grumbled.
 
“Winx time?” Bloom asked her friends.
 
“Winx time!” they all chorused back, earning confused looks. They then did their whole transformation-majigy-thing and got into their fairy forms. (An: I know, that sounds horrible, but I don't know how else to write that. -grins sheepishly-) Of course, by this time the others, excluding Kagome and the specialists, were just kind of staring like idiots.
 
“So,” Kagome decided to break the awkward silence, “that's what you guys look like in that form. Heheheh…” she ended with uncomfortable laughter.
 
“What the hell just happened?!?!” Inuyasha exploded.
 
“Like haven't you ever seen a fairy before?” Stella spat obnoxiously.
 
“Uh, Stell… they haven't.” Bloom pointed out.
 
“… Oh.” Stella's stupidity strikes again.
 
“Uh, heh, ya see… um… oh boy.” Kagome sighed, rubbing the back of her head.
 
“Hey… why don't we get Flora now, ask questions later?” Brandon suggested hopefully.
 
“Good idea, let's go find her!” The girls yelled in agreement with Bloom.
 
“No way, wench. I-”
 
“Sit.”
 
BAM!
 
“Inuyasha, take them ahead. We'll catch up. Ok?”
 
“But-”
 
“Sit.”
 
BAM!
 
“Ok?”
 
“I-”
 
“Sit.”
 
BAM!
 
“Ok?”
 
“Wh-”
 
“Sit.”
 
BAM!
 
“Ok?”
 
“N-”
 
“Sit.”
 
BAM!
 
“Ok?”
 
“… Ok.”
 
“Good.” The girl turned to regard the winged beings before her. “Bring Flora back… I would never feel the same if anything happened to her.” She sucked in a quick breath and looked mournfully in the direction they were heading.
 
“Yo don't worry, Flo's been in worse. We'll go get her and come back before dark, no problem.” Musa waved her hand nonchalantly.
 
“Are we ready to go, then?” The girls lifted skyward.
 
“Yeah Tecna, let's go. See you guys later, coming Inuyasha?” Bloom waved from the air.
 
“Feh, yeah I'm coming… stupid wench.” The half demon grumbled. “Just don't fall behind.”
 
“Oh, trust me, we won't.” The musical fairy countered. As Inuyasha sped off, winx girls in tow, he was silently impressed.
`These four, maybe five if that other one is like her friends, girls just sprout wings and fly fast enough to keep up with me and act like it's nothing. They smelled human, yet they're obviously not. Feh, I wonder if those four boys are the same way… hey, hold on!' Inuyasha's thoughts came to a halt as he did the same.
 
“Why are we stopping? Is this the place?” Bloom asked as she and the other girls began snapping their heads from left to right in an attempt to catch a glimpse of Flora.
 
“No, ya moron, it's not. I just have to ask something.” He spat.
 
“Can't it wait?” asked Tecna annoyed.
 
“No, it can't. Look, what the fuck is going on and does it have anything to do with what your little friend said earlier about fighting forces and the universe?” The girls either rolled their eyes, crossed their arms, `hmph'ed, or did all of the above.
 
“No, you look!” Musa flew down, hovering off the ground so she was face to face with him. “We aren't giving explanations until later, all we'll say is yes, it does have something to do with what Riven said earlier. If you want to know about us this much why don't you focus on Flora! The sooner we find her the sooner you get your answers, so take the effort your putting into annoying us and use it to find our friend!”
 
“Listen wench, I don't take orders from anyone. I oughtta slice you and your little friends up right now!”
 
“Hah! I'd like to see you try.”
 
“Fine, I wi-”
 
“SIT!”
 
BAM!
 
“What is wrong with you, Inuyasha?” Kagome chastised angrily, Can't you stop being selfish for once in your life? We're all worried about Flora and all you can think of is yourself! Now, let's get going.”
 
“Feh.” Inuyasha pulled himself from the ground and sniffed the air, “She's this way.” He announced, turning to face a different direction before growling and pinning his ears back.
 
“What's wrong?” the miko asked, her voice suddenly worried and caring.
 
`Sheesh,' thought Riven, `talk about mood swings.'
 
“Her scent's coming from the same direction as Sesshomaru's… but both of them are fainter, like they've been gone for a while.” The half demon explained.
 
“Then we have to hurry,” interjected Miroku, “lest he finds and injures her even more.”
 
“Or worse.” Added Sango. Kagome nodded in return.
 
“Then let's go.” She turned on her heal and headed in the opposite direction Inuyasha had been facing.
 
“Uh, Kagome.” He called.
 
“Yes?” She answered turning around.
 
“They're that way.” a clawed finger pointed westward.
 
“Right, I knew that.” She quickly changed direction began walking once more. Seconds later, a feminine scream echoed through the woods and surrounding area.
 
“Kagome!” Inuyasha yelled streaking into the forest as a blur of red and white. The others were quick to follow, ready to aid a friend in need.
 
Meanwhile
 
Sesshomaru sat quietly at the back of the castle, watching Rin play close by. In spirit, however, he was far, far away. After the discomfort he had experienced earlier upon witnessing the girl's bra, he allowed one of his maids to take care of their new guest. He had sensed her confusion, and intrigue, at the second non-demon to be taken in by her lord, but chose to ignore it. Of course, he'd already put back the shirt he'd removed earlier before summoning the woman. He noticed Rin running towards him, but the fact did not register.
 
`That girl, what was her name? Flora… beautiful…' he continued to gaze at the now empty field. `God damn it, stop thinking about her breasts!' He shook his head and decided to tried to just not think. It didn't work. `What had Rin said about her? That she's…' Sesshomaru's eyes widened ever so slightly at his realization. `From the future, like my half brother Inuyasha's wench! Could she be allied with them? I shall have to keep a closer watch on her a-'
 
“Lord Sesshomaru?” a small voice called.
 
“Yes Rin?” He answered.
 
“Are you feeling ok?”
 
“Of course. Why do you ask?”
 
“Because I've been calling your name for the past five minutes.”
 
“I was just thinking.”
 
“You seem to do an awful lot of that… especially since we brought over Flora.” The young girl suddenly giggled.
 
“What is it, Rin?”
 
“You like her, don't you?”
 
“What possessed you to ask such a question?”
 
“Well,” Rin paused in thought, “you were staring at her pretty hard before. And you think more since she's here. So, do you?”
 
“No.” his tone left no room for argument or joke.
 
“Can I go see her?”
 
“Ask one of the maids, they are tending to her.”
 
“Yes milord!” on that final note, Rin rushed into the castle.
 
`Perhaps I should check on our current guest too. She may have valuable information.' Sesshomaru tried to convince himself while lifting from the chair, gracefully. After all, he is a demon lord. After taking a deep breath he entered his castle and walked toward the room he had left her in, all the while trying to look as natural as possible. Of course, this is a difficult task when you're going to see someone you are deeply attracted to. But, let's not forget that our current leading male character in this section of our story has not yet figured out what his emotions toward the girl are, so he's still in the dark as to why he feels strange around her.
 
He noticed the maid he had spoken with earlier not far from his destination and asked, in his usual fashion, if he could enter. Well, not really if he `could' enter, more like if they were finished, deciding whether or not it would be wise to go inside based on her answer. According to the woman, Flora was bandaged up and asleep. For Sesshomaru that translated into `you may enter', so he did just that. He closed the door behind him and turned to regard Rin's new friend. He was shocked, to say the least.
 
She had been washed, now looking good as new, except for the bandages covering her torso and replacing her shirt. Had he been any other being he would have blushed, but he was the great Lord Sesshomaru, and such weak actions were below him. So, he swallowed his blush and took this chance to take in her features more thoroughly. And, he was chastising himself for thinking about her chest before… (An: yes, I know, how can you swallow a blush? Well, it kind of means he fought the urge to blush and swallowed, so he sort of `swallowed his blush'. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense, but work with me.)
 
She had odd hair, an unusually light shade of brown with streaks that appeared golden in color. She had a small, slightly upturned nose that made her seem sweet and adorable. Thick, long lashes bordered presumably brown eyes. Her skin was unusually tan and made her, in his opinion, even more beautiful. Her full pink lips sat calmly on her face, not quirking in any direction, nor were they drawn tightly. They just sat there pleasantly. If he had found her attractive when injured, he now thought her absolutely stunning. It wasn't hard to tell that she had an amazing figure and a rather large bust size.
 
(An: About the preceding paragraph, two things: first, I'm describing Flora as Sesshomaru sees her so don't expect every character to be described, unless you want me to. Second, when I describe her as having a `slightly upturned nose', I don't mean a hog nose. I'm clarifying because the first time I heard someone described like that I thought of a pig. Then again, I was five…)
 
Her appearance puzzled him to no end. He had never seen a human with odd features such as this, so you would think her a demon. However, her scent was unmistakably mortal. He walked closer to the bed and leaned in for a closer look. She began to stir.
 
Flora's P.O,V.
 
My mind slowly left the dark haze of sleep. I felt sunlight burning my eyelids, so I decided not to open them. Where was I, and why was I so comfortable? Other than the fact that my head was aching horribly and my chest hurt like all get out, I was warm and comfy, nestled into soft blankets. What had happened? I only helped that little girl and… It all came rushing back to me, and caused me to do something I soon regretted.
 
I gasped, my eyes popping open as I sat up with a start. Or, at least I tried to. My forehead collided with something hard causing me to shut my eyes tightly and put a hand to my now pounding cranium. I tried to lift my eyelids and see what I had bumped into, but everything was a little blurry. I could make out a figure, seemingly in a similar stance to the one I was in: hand on head, eyes shut. The only difference was that there was a colorful string of words spilling from his mouth. He reminded me of Inuyasha but I could tell it wasn't he since there was almost no, if any, red on the person. Other than him, none of my friends had white hair.
 
Closing my eyes once more, I took a deep breath. Removing my hand, I slowly opened them. The slow speed of my actions allowed my site to adjust and the blurriness to stop so that I could survey my surroundings. I was in a large, luxurious room in a large, luxurious bed. I turned toward the place I had bumped my head and gasped. In front of me was possibly the most gorgeous boy I had ever seen.
 
He had long, white hair and pointed ears. His hands had sharp claws on them and a couple red stripes. Wait, no not hands, hand. He was wearing armor with two swords. His handsome face held no real signs of emotion as he rubbed the area above his closed eyes. The boy was marked with two red streaks on each cheek and I could just barely make out a purple crescent moon on his forehead. His clothing was obviously elegant for this time period. His appearance seemed familiar, not as in I had seen him before, more like… he was described to me.
 
I racked my brain to remember whom Kagome had described like this. Se-… Sen-… Seck-… Se-something. Who was he? I remember that they didn't get along very well… oh boy. I took a deep breath and decided that I had better get acquainted with the stranger.
 
“Um, hi.” I ventured meekly. He didn't turn to me, and hardly acknowledged the fact he had heard me. “Erm… who are you?”
 
“Sesshomaru, lord of the western lands.” Oh. No. I finally remembered who the guy was. Inuyasha's brother who wanted to kill him and take Tetsusaiga, this was definitely not good. He was supposedly monotonous and evil… Great. Wow, I'm hardly ever sarcastic, I must really be freaked out. I had better figure out some way to get out of here. All right, just calm down. Keep him talking in the mean time while you think up a plan.
 
Narrator's P.O. V.
 
“Where am I?” Flora asked, taking another glance around.
 
“At my castle.” Sesshomaru answered monotonously.
 
“How did I get here?”
 
“I brought you here.”
 
“Oh… thank you.”
 
Sesshomaru opened his eyes, startled. He wasn't used to hearing those two words from anyone other than Rin and Jaken. He turned to meet her gaze, wondering if she was sincere. He was, yet again, shocked. His mouth opened slightly as their eyes locked.
 
`Green. Not brown, or purple, or even gold. They're green.' His thoughts paused momentarily before startling him, `God she's so…. Wait! Do not finish that thought! What is wrong with me?' As he pondered this, Flora was having thoughts of her own.
 
`Wow, he really is handsome. And he has the most amazing voice… Oh, but now I'm confused. He's showing emotion, so how can he be monotonous? He looks so cute with the stunned bunny look!' She fought the huge urge to giggle and bit her lip. `If he's so evil then why did he take me here and bandage me up? Hey, wait a minute…' Her gaze slowly lowered and her face paled.
 
“Eep!” The young brunette pulled the covers from her waist to her neck, blushing insanely. This pulled the snowy haired boy from his stupor and he quickly snapped his mouth closed. Getting up he looked to his side where a rather large bag sat on the ground. He threw it to her.
 
“I found this with you. I assume it has your things in it. You'll have to ask the maids where they put your other clothing.” Sesshomaru turned and walked to the door. After opening it, he stopped and paused, “Rin is coming to see you.” On that final note, he exited and the door shut, only to burst open five seconds later when a little girl burst into the room.
 
“Oh good, you're awake! How are you feeling?” Rin asked excitedly.
 
“I feel fine, thank you for asking.” Flora lied politely.
 
“Yay, I was worried.” She jumped on to the bed and sat next to her friend, “I think Lord Sesshomaru was worried too. After master Jaken and I found you, he carried you back. Milord was staring at you a lot too.”
 
“Oh.” The nature fairy tried to sound uninterested, but, inside, she was buzzing with excitement and panic. She decided to change the subject, not liking the direction in which the conversation was headed. “So, um… Wh-”
 
“Do you like him?” Flora did a double take at the question Rin interrupted her with.
 
“W-what?” She stuttered, flushing brightly.
 
“Do you like Lord Sesshomaru? I mean, do you like him like him?” Rin repeated.
 
“I can't answer that.”
 
“Why not? You just talked to him, I saw him leaving.”
 
“W-well, I can't judge on one conversation. I mean, he hardly said anything. I really don't know anything about him.”
 
“Oh…” the little girl seemed disappointed. “Well, do you just like him then? As a friend?”
 
“He seems… nice. So I guess so, yeah.”
 
“That's good. Oh!” Rin pulled something from her pocket. “One of the maids asked me to give this to you. She said it was filled with herbs to make the pain stop and that it should start working ten minutes after consa- consi- conse-”
 
“Consumed?” Flora couldn't help but giggle. Rin only smiled.
 
“Yeah, that's it. She also said you could get out of bed as long as you don't overexit- overecs-”
 
“Overexert myself?” The girl was now chuckling.
 
“Yeah! So, will you come play with me?” Flora looked at Rin's hopeful face and couldn't say no.
 
“Alright, let me just get dressed first.” First she took some of the herbs her friend had brought her. Then, she opened her bag, and pulled out some clothes. She put them on and pulled out a hairbrush. As she began to brush, she noticed Rin watching her.
 
“What is it?” Flora asked smiling. Rin cocked her head.
 
“You're pretty.” She answered grinning.
 
“Thanks Rin, that's very sweet of you.” Flora looked at her brush and got an idea. “Come over here.” The two girls sat down on the bed. “Now, turn around.”
 
“Why? Watcha gonna do?”
 
“Braid your hair.”
 
“Really?!”
 
“Yes, how many do you want? We should probably start with just a few so we don't hurt this beautiful head.” Flora mussed Rin's hair as she said this, causing the child to laugh.
 
“Ok.” So, for about twenty minutes there was silence. When it ended, Rin had two small braids on the right side of her head and three on the left. They were up front, framing her face and causing her to look even more adorable. (An: Flora took elastics from her bag.)
 
“There,” Flora said, “all done.”
 
“Yay! I'll be right back; I want to show Lord Sesshomaru and Master Jaken. Is that ok?”
 
“Go ahead.”
 
“Yay!” Rin hugged Flora before running out the door. Smiling, she took out her compact and powdered her nose, from lack of anything better to do. Then she quickly ran her brush through her hair to make sure there were no knots. When she finished, she put everything back in her bag and sighed.
 
“Flora!” Rin yelled bursting through the door. Her unexpected actions caused the girl she was looking for to gasp and fall from the bed. She landed in a rather undignified fashion, her butt hitting the ground with a thump. This caused the juvenile to start laughing uncontrollably.
 
“Hey!” Flora whined and pouted while getting up.
 
“Sorry. Dinners ready come on!” grabbing Flora's hand, Rin rushed out of the room. The door shut behind them.
 
End of Chapter
 
 
R_S: Well, that's it. Leave a bitchin review, latas!