InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected Feelings ❯ You Finally Get Sesshy ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

R_S: I don't feel like writing too much, so here are the shout-outs n' then we'll get started:
 
Divagurl277: Thanks. I think this one's better, though.
 
Katanagirl: Here you go!
 
Yami-Yugi-Girl: Thank you very much! Flora's not friends with Jaken, she's friends with Rin; she's the one that said `Flora's my friend'. Guess what, Droul. Lots more Sesshy in this chapter! Yay!
 
Catherine: Thanks a lot, I'm very proud of this story. Here's the next chapter I hope you enjoy it!
 
HmgirlKristi: I think you'll be happy to hear that I've written 6 pages of story. It's not quite 10, but I'm slowly working my way up there. Tell me whatcha think!
 
 
Chapter 8
You finally get Sesshy
 
“I thought you weren't coming.”
 
“Shut-it, wench. If I didn't you wouldn't last a day.”
 
“Hmph, we would to, ya big jerk!”
 
“Feh, whatever.”
 
“Look, if you think tha-”
 
“Can't you two, like, stop fighting and focus here! We are trying to find Flora!”
 
“Stella's right, yo. If you two don't stop drama trippin' we'll walk right past her.”
 
“Sorry, Stella, Musa.”
 
“It's alright,” Bloom interjected, “I guess we're all a little high strung lately. Hey, can anyone remember a time when Flora got into an actual fight with anyone? I mean, besides the trix.” The entire group pondered the Earth girl's thoughts.
 
“I don't think so,” Brandon mused, his blond hair bouncing as he walked, “Isn't she the level headed one of you girls?”
 
“Naw,” Sky spoke up, “That's Bloom.”
 
“Like, yeah. Flora's the goody two shoes who can't stand up for herself. She could really use a self image boost.”
 
“Stella!” The other four girls chorused.
 
“What?” The group rolled their eyes. Even Sango and Miroku spared a chuckle at their antics.
 
“Hey, um, Inuyasha?”
 
“What is it wench?”
 
“Well you're a half demon, right?” there was a pause.
 
“… Yeah.”
 
“And you have a really sharp nose, right?” an even longer pause.
 
“… Yeah.”
 
“Well, couldn't you kind of, I don't know, sniff Flora out?”
 
“Feh… I guess. If it'd shorten this pointless trip… I'll see what I can do.” There was a chorus of gratitude from the other girls, which he answered with an annoyed `Feh'.
 
The dog-person-thing (An: sorry, I just had to put that in there.) sniffed the air once… twice… three times… suddenly his ears pinned back and a low growl erupted from his throat. The group exchanged nervous glances.
 
“Inuyasha… what's wrong?” Kagome inquired nervously.
 
“Grrr… name two of my least favorite smells.”
 
“Um… Kaede's herbs and… Shippou?” Miroku offered.
 
“Grrr… I hate those too, but what else do I hate?” At first, he was answered by a confused silence.
 
“Well,” began Sango, “I remember you mentioning how foul you thought beets smelled… the same with ink…”
 
“Grrr… no ya morons!” Inuyasha exploded, “I was talking about people. More specifically Kagura and my brother!” Kagome, Sango, and Miroku tensed up while Kirara began to hiss and spit. Of course, the other eight members of their group had absolutely no idea what Inuyasha was talking about. So… they just stood there looking confused and uneasy.
 
“I'm gonna pretend I know what you're talking about and ask if you smell Flora as well?” Timmy offered shakily.
 
“Kagura is with Naraku. Inuyasha and his brother are bitter enemies.” Sango explained.
 
“Why?” asked Bloom.
 
“It's quite the lengthy story.” Miroku stated, “let's just say it involves tetsusaiga.”
 
“Um… ok.”
 
“Inuyasha,” Kagome asked, “what about Flora?”
 
“Yeah, yeah, yeah. I smell her too.”
 
“What are we doing just standing around?” Riven complained bitterly, “Let's do something already.”
 
“Inuyasha,” Kagome began, “maybe we should sidestep Kagura and Sesshomaru… Just this once!” She added the last part in quickly when she noticed the incredulous look on the half demon's face. There was a short pause before she continued; “Finding Flora is our main priority right now. We can go after them another time, just not today, or even tomorrow. Besides, we need to keep our new friends safe and going after our most powerful enemies is not the way to do it. Let's just forget about it and go find Flora… ok?” Inuyasha opened his mouth to respond but was cut off.
 
“Now, wait just one minute. What do you mean `keep our new friends safe'? We are some of the greatest fighting forces in the universe and are perfectly capable of taking care of ourselves!” Riven jumped at the chance to defend his honor.
 
“Yo, Riven, not now! Chillax, it ain't the time to be drama trippin' ova' somethin' as small as choice of words.”
 
“Thank you Musa.” Kagome sighed, “Now, Inuyasha, Riven, can we please go find Flora.” Inuyasha stuck his nose in the air once more.
 
“Feh. Fine wench, but I can't promise to ignore my idiot brother. Their scents are coming from the same direction.”
 
“Then we should hurry. Let's go.” Sango's words came out strong and determined. Although their context should have worried the group, her confident tone lifted their spirits.
 
Meanwhile
(An: This should cheer you up, it's Sesshy! Wait… cheer you up from what… I befuzzle myself sometimes. Anyway, it'll make you happy to hear that fluffy has lots of dialogue in this chapter. YAY!)
 
“Lord Sesshomaru!” Jaken exclaimed in his usual, annoying fashion. And, as usual, Sesshomaru kicked Jaken out of the way as he ran to grovel at his master's feet.
 
“Well Rin?” the monotonous demon spoke… well… monotonously.
 
“Well, milord, remember how you told me not to play on the rocks because I might fall and get hurt?” Rin's gaze fell to the ground.
 
“Yes.”
 
“Well, I kinda went anyway. Then I fell and scraped my arm, but I'm all better now because Flora, my new friend who's from the future just like the girl who travels with half demon Inuyasha, fixed my arm, so I'm all better but now she's not because she's lying over here and she's not awake and she's all bloody.” The young girl had lifted her injured arm to show Sesshomaru and was pointing with her other hand at Flora's unconscious form.
 
“I see.” (An: maybe he uses few words `cause he's dumb… naw!)
 
“We have to help her!” Sesshomaru didn't acknowledge her and appeared to be in deep thought. “Please lord fluffy-sama.” Uh-oh, it was the puppy-dog-pout, not good.
 
“Very well.”
 
“Oh thank you Lord Sesshomaru!” Rin's face brightened with a smile reaching from ear to ear. Sesshomaru merely lifted Flora from the ground and brought her to Ah and Un, (An: it's the two-headed dragon, for those of you who don't know) before helping Rin up to their back and climbing on himself. (An: does he ride Ah and Un?) Jaken had to grab their tail to keep from being left behind, as Ah and Un took off quickly in the direction of Lord Sesshomaru's castle.
 
Sesshomaru took this time as an opportunity to have Rin tell him the entire story of what happened that day with Flora. As she spoke, he glanced down at the girl he was rescuing, having not looked at all before. His eyes widened considerably for a moment but his face returned to its normal expression almost immediately afterward.
 
`She's… gorgeous! Even with her injuries, she's absolutely stunning…'
 
“Lord Sesshomaru? Did you hear me?” Sesshomaru snapped his attention back to the young child before him.
 
“Yes Rin.”
 
“You're not mad, are you?”
 
“No Rin, but do not let it happen again.”
 
“Why were you staring at Flora?” there was a long pause, “milord? Why are you so quiet?”
 
“I was looking at how badly she was hurt.”
 
`Why do I think Lord Sesshomaru is lying?' wondered Rin. Little did she know that four other heads were having similar thoughts. I can't tell you what Ah and Un were thinking, `cause it was in dragon language. All I know is that what they were thinking was almost the same as what Rin was.
 
`Oh, Lord Sesshomaru, why are you lying to your most loyal subject?' were Jakens creepy-ass thoughts. However, Sesshomaru hadn't noticed any of the strange looks he was receiving. He had begun to ponder his new strange feelings.
 
`What's going on? Why is there this odd pain in my chest when I am no where near being injured?' He glanced down at Rin. `Why is it gone now?' his gaze shifted to the unconscious girl `And why has it returned…' Jaken was now in his view, `only to leave once more?' His eyes fell on Flora once more `It only happens when I look at her, but why? Grr… I hate not knowing! I should know, I am lord of the western lands, why don't I know?!?!'
 
“Lord Sesshomaru?”
 
“Yes Rin?”
 
“We're here.” The young girl wasn't lying. They had arrived at Sesshomaru's castle and were now climbing of Ah and Un.
 
“Go play Rin.”
 
“What about Flora?”
 
“I will take care of her. Do not leave Jaken this time.”
 
“Yes milord. Come on Jaken! Ah and Un can come too!” She grabbed the toad-pidgeon demon and ran off, dragging him behind her, while Ah and Un followed behind.
 
Sesshomaru entered the castle and brought the injured victim to an extra guest room. Setting her on the bed, he prepared to bandage her wounds.
 
`Amazing… she has obviously been crushed… and apparently thrown, but has no broken limbs. Other than a few stray scrapes and bruises, the only damaged areas are her stomach, back, and chest… Perhaps I should have some of my maids tend to her.' Well, at least he knew what he should've done… but didn't. `Why am I oddly compelled to take care of her myself?' He removed her shirt, `… Oh. That's why.' (An: I HAVE to make him ooc, if only for my own amusement!)
 
Meanwhile
 
`So, half demon Inuyasha's brother has a new wench with him. Naraku will want this valuable information' There was a huge gust of wind as Kagura rode away on her big-ass feather.
 
`But, why was he acting so strangely? Could it be that… no. The lord of the western lands hates humans. He'd never be attracted to one. Then again, he does allow that young girl to follow him around and he cares for her as if she were his own offspring. Perhaps I should keep this information to myself, until I am sure. Yes, that seems like a good plan… maybe I can somehow use this to free myself from Naraku.'
End of Chapter
 
 
R_S: Taddaaaaaaaaa! My longest one yet! What do you guys think?