InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected ❯ Saturday ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"…" = Talking `…' = Thinking

Chapter 3

~Saturday~

~*~*~*~ Last Time ~*~*~*~

"So, how did the project go so far for you guys?" Kagome asked.

"Well, we actually got through a bit. But the perv over there kept groping me. This is gonna be a hard project. I have no clue how to create a remote controlled car!" Sango wailed.

"If you want, I can help you," Kagome suggested.

"Sure, at this rate, we'll need all the help we can get!" Sango cried out.

Miroku just kept playing on the Xbox.

Finally, after a long time, Sango and Miroku left. Tired, Kagome took a shower and headed towards her bed. She fell asleep instantly.

~*~*~*~ On with the story! ~*~*~*~

Kagome woke up to the sound of her alarm clock ringing. She groaned and rolled over. It was Saturday morning, thank God.

Kagome slept in for another few hours. She then got up, took a shower, got dressed, ate breakfast and brushed her teeth. Then she sat down on her couch and decided what to do. At this precise moment, her doorbell rang. Kagome got up and opened the door, to reveal Sango.

"Hi Sango, come in," Kagome said. Sango entered the apartment and Kagome closed the door.

"Whatcha up to?" Sango asked.

"Well, I was deciding on what to do today," Kagome replied.

"I know, how about we go shopping!" Sango said. "Then we could go to the arcade."

"Sure," Kagome said, grabbed her purse and they both headed downstairs. Kagome headed towards another car - a dark blue convertible.

"Isn't your Ferrari over there?" Sango asked, pointing to the red Ferrari a few spaces down.

"Yeah, but I decided to take the BMW convertible; it's such a nice day. Besides, I need to break into this baby," Kagome replied. Poor Sango's eyes nearly popped.

"Kagome, you're so lucky. Here you are, having the greatest cars ever, while I can't even afford a decent one!" Sango wailed.

Kagome blushed and looked embarrassed. "Well, I guess you could drive the convertible around when you want. Just careful, k? And you do have a license right?" Kagome said. Sango nodded eagerly. Kagome unlocked the doors.

"Great, hop in!" Kagome said, as she put the top down. Sango did so.

With Sango's directions, they found themselves at Moonlight Mall (AN: I know, I know, it's corny, but hey, couldn't find anything better. ^_^).

"Okay, now that we're here, where should we start?" Sango asked.

"How about we start at one end, and work ourselves down to the next end and then work our way back to the end we started at?" Kagome said.

"Okay! Let's shop!" Sango said.

A few hours later found Kagome and Sango in a clothing department. Kagome was trying on an outfit and modeling it for Sango. Beside Sango were six - eight shopping bags. (This was the total of bags for both. I know, I know, probably not considered as a lot, but for me it is.)

"What about this one?" Kagome asked. Twirling around for Sango to see. Kagome was dressed in a dark green top that bared her shoulders. The straps hung loosely at the side of her arms. It revealed the top of her neckline and curved down around her back and waist; showing her curves nicely. To match with the top, Kagome was wearing a pair of tight white bell-bottoms with a vine pattern crawling up her legs.

"I love it! You have to get it!" Sango said. It was totally Kagome. Kagome went back into the dressing room and changed back into her normal clothes. It was Sango's turn to try out an outfit.

Sango came out of the dressing room later and did what Kagome did. Sango was wearing a light lavender tube-top with violets embroidered around the edges. She was wearing a white pair of matching pants with violets embroidered around the bottom of the pants and on the pockets.

Kagome gave Sango a thumbs up to show that she liked the outfit. When Sango came back out in her normal clothes, the two girls headed towards the counter to pay for their outfits.

"Ok, I think we went into all the stores available. How about we head over to the arcade and grab something to eat and play some games?" Sango suggested. Kagome agreed; she had had enough of shopping for a day.

They arrived at the arcade, which turned out to have a coffee shop (like Tim Horton's sort of) and an arcade combined. Most of it was arcade though. Kagome and Sango stepped in. It was semi dark, just enough lighting, but not so much lighting that the game lights couldn't be seem.

They both grabbed something to eat at the counter. The bell on the door rang and two males entered - Miroku and Inuyasha.

"Hey look, there's Sango and Kagome," Miroku pointed out. Inuyasha remained quiet. Miroku headed out to join Sango and Kagome.

"So, how are my two favourite ladies doing today?" Miroku asked the two girls. Sango and Kagome nearly jumped off of their seats at the counter.

"Miroku! You nearly scared the Hell out of me!" Kagome exclaimed.

Sango just whacked him on the head. "Come on Kagome, let's go play some games," Sango said and walked off towards the games. Kagome shrugged towards Miroku, and paid for the meal and joined Sango.

Kagome looked at the selection of arcade games. She couldn't decide. But she then found Dance Dance Revolutions. It was her favouite game ever.

`Ooo I really wanna play this, but there's no one to play against, since Sango is off somewhere. Hmm, I guess play against the computer then.' (AN: Ok, I don't know if there's computer in this game. Hell! I've never even played something like this. I want to though * sigh *)

Kagome put in a few quarters into the slot, and set her settings and started. For the first few seconds, she just stood there. The computer was ahead of her by a few hundred points. But after a bit, she started.

Kagome was good. She was DAMN good. She moved so gracefully. She let her soul into it. Unknown to her, Kagome had drawn a crowd around her. Inuyasha was among them.

`Whoa, look at her go. She's good.' He thought. The game ended and Kagome was victorious by a few thousand points.

Kagome looked around, snapped out of her reverie. She looked shocked out all the people around her, and blushed.

"Go Kagome!" Sango said. Suddenly a person pushed through the crowd.

"Humph. I probably could beat you," the person said. She looked oddly familiar. In fact, she looked a lot like Kagome!

"Kikyo," Sango muttered.

"Is that a challenge?" Kagome asked, finally coming to.

"Yeah, it is. You better be prepared to lose!" Kikyo exclaimed. They filled the slot with quarters, chose their settings and began. Kikyo started immediately and was ahead with a few thousand points. Like before, Kagome stood still. "What, you're not moving? Are you scared still?" Kikyo sneered. Kagome did not respond.

It was halfway through the game. Kikyo was ahead by a lot of thousand points. She was tiring down. Finally Kagome started to move. It was like before. Except she was better than before. The game ended. Kikyo was panting. Kagome hadn't even broken a sweat. They both looked at the score: 8, 060, 852 points for Kagome and 1, 000, 002 for Kikyo. Kikyo looked shocked, and astounded. How could she have lost? Angered, Kikyo stomped out of the arcade. The crowd cheered for Kagome

Kagome blushed and quickly wove her way out of the crowds.

Kagome quickly found Sango, who was busy whacking popping crocodiles. Sango finished the game quickly.

"You were good, Kagome," complimented Sango. "The face on Kikyo's face was priceless. A perfect Kodak moment," she said. Kagome laughed.

They started walking around. Kagome stopped at a motorcycle race. "Hey, you wanna race?" she asked Sango.

"Sure, but I'm not too good though," she replied.

They chose their bikes: Kagome the blue, white, and black and Sango the red, white and black. The game began. Sango started out good, while Kagome held back a bit for Sango. But soon, she couldn't resist and she let go. Though it was just a video game, Kagome rode like the wind, as if it were in real life. Finishing the race in a few seconds, Kagome was obviously the winner. Sango got off her bike and good-naturedly congratulated Kagome.

It was then that Inuyasha walked up to Kagome to challenge her to a race. He was confident in this. He was good at racing. Really good.

Kagome being Kagome, answered yes to Inuyasha's challenge.

The race started, and Inuyasha decided to let Kagome a little head start. But Kagome did as before. Soon both of theme were tired of waiting on each other and time was running out and they both rode like the wind. It was a neck-to-neck race. Each other trying to go faster, but not able to since they were both at the highest speed limit.

Soon they both reached the finishing line - in a tie.

Inuyasha got off his bike, as Kagome did too. "Congrats, you're not so shabby," Inuyasha said.

Kagome smirked, "I'll have to say the same for you, Inuyasha."

They shook hands. A tingling feeling crawled up their hands and they both blushed.

`She's so pretty, and she's a good racer too. I haven't had so much competition in ages, well except for Sess, but he's too busy with Rin to bother about racing lately. God she's beautiful. Maybe… maybe she'll go to the rave tonight, I hope so.'

"Hey Kagome, there's gonna be a rave tonight, you wanna go? It'll be fun."

"Ummm… sure." Inuyasha grinned. He gave her the directions to where the rave was going to be.

"Great, see ya there tonight Kag!" he yelled, as he left the arcade, Miroku trailing behind.

Kagome just looked at the spot where Inuyasha left. She felt odd, all warm and tingling and her heart was beating hard. Could this be love?

~*~*~*~

Firerose18: Whew! That took a bit. Anyway hope you like! Please R and R! I'll only keep going if I get reviews k?