InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unexpected ❯ A Simple Race, an Appearance by Sesshomaru and School ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"talking" `thinking'

Chapter 6

~ A Simple Race, an Appearance by Sesshomaru and School ~

~*~*~*~ Last time ~*~*~*~

"Alright, Miss Black, I put you against the weakest rider. Your race will be in about half an hour." Kagome nodded and left.

During that half an hour, she quickly found out that she was the only female racer.

"Hey babe, why don't you show your face from under that helmet of yours?" a male with a sneer said, approaching her. She knew his type. She sighed.

"How about not?"

"I don't like being refused," the male said. Trying to get closer. Then he reached out for her. Kagome took this moment to grab his arm and twisted it.

"Don't even think about touching me, the next time you won't be so lucky. Next time you'll be writhing in pain on the ground. Understand?" Kagome hissed. The male nodded and Kagome let go of him. He walked back to his bike, trying to muster as much grace as possible.

~*~*~*~ On to the next chappie! ~*~*~*~

Half an hour passed, and Kagome got her bike to the starting line. She looked to see who her opponent was. It was the man who had tried to hit on her. She smirked. This was going to be too easy.

A female with a skanky outfit raised a flag and they revved up their engines. The flag dropped, and Kagome left, leaving her opponent choking on her dust. She rode down past the pier, to the end of the beach near the pier, and back again. By the time she finished the race, her opponent was still halfway through the race. She smirked.

It was too easy. He was the easiest opponent she had ever faced. (A/N: Sorry if that was a lousy description. Sadly I cannot describe these kinds of scenes, or battle scenes for that matter. ^_^ Gomen)

As she headed to Rin, a man interrupted her. He looked an awfully a lot like Inuyasha. He had the same silver hair, but his face was cool and impassive. Kagome knew that Inuyasha could never keep his face like that.

"You should be careful here. Being the only female could cause you trouble. Especially when you win the races. Some men could see that as humiliation and would look for revenge. Also, the outfit you wear would attract their attentions and they would seek to… shall we say, have their way with you? You could probably beat them one on one, but should they gang up on you, no one would come to your rescue. I would hardly believe that someone would help a stranger such as you," he said.

Kagome glared at him, her eyes narrowed, even though she knew he couldn't see her eyes. In an icy tone, she responded:

"I don't need any help taking care of myself. I've been doing that for half my life. I don't need someone such as you to come up and telling me that I do and wear. I can take care of myself just fine."

"Very well then - " he was cut off.

"Sesshomaru!" the man who was talking to Kagome turned around. Kagome looked to see who called out to the man, who was apparently Sesshomaru. It was Inuyasha. In one arm he held his helmet.

"Sesshomaru! What are you doing here? You never race, at least not since you met Rin!" he shouted.

"What do you care brother? Worried that I might beat you in a race again, now that you are at the top? Hmm?" Sesshomaru taunted, in his cool, calm voice.

"No!" Inuyasha denied. He was obviously not happy to see his brother, Kagome noted.

"For your information Inuyasha, I have come to see that Rin is safe and that no one would harm her," Sess explained.

Turning back to Kagome, he said: "Remember what I said," and left.

Inuyasha grabbed Kagome's hand. Keeping her tone icy, and hoping that he would not recognize her voice, she said: "Please let go of my hand." Inuyasha didn't.

"What did Sesshomaru tell you?" he hissed.

"That is none of your concern," Kagome replied, and flicked his hand and walked away.

She decided to leave early. She had school tomorrow, not that it ever stopped her. But she was bored here.

She hopped on her bike and rode back to her apartment. As soon as she got back in, she headed for the shower. She took a quick shower and then went to bed.

~*~*~*~ The next day ~*~*~*~

The next morning, her and Sango hopped into the convertible (since Kagome left the Ferrari at the garage).

They arrived at the school. They got there just in time, because the bell rang. Running to their lockers, which just happened to be next to each other's and they headed to their first class: history.

Kagome wasn't the greatest fan of history. It was interesting, yes. But not when this teacher taught it. She took out a notebook and started scribbling, writing stuff etc. (A/N: that's what I do during math and history and geography!).

Their second class that day was gym. They quickly headed into the change rooms and changed into their gym clothes and headed out towards the gym, where Miroku and Inuyasha joined them.

"Listen up! Listen up!" an elderly woman shouted to the crowd of students. "Today we are going to play volleyball. Now normally I know that you play volleyball with six players on each side, but today we're going to play volleyball with four on each side instead. Now pay attention to the teams. Eri, Lewis, Yumi and Larry on one team. Sasake, Yukime, Mika, Joan. Kikyo, Misuke, Adrian and Kelvin. Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango and Kagome…"

"Yes! We're on the same team," Kagome cheered, as the teacher went on.

"Feh."

"Alright now! The first team to play, Kikyo's team vs. Kagome's! Since there are more groups, you each have five minutes to get as many points as possible." The two teams got into starting position. The teacher gave the ball to Kikyo's team.

"You're going down Kagome!" Kikyo shouted.

"That's just talk. But could you back it up now?" Kagome replied.

Kikyo served, but because of her anger, she didn't concentrate on what she was doing and hit the net. Kikyo's teammates groaned.

The ball was given to Kagome.

Kagome did a powerful overhand serve, and it landed right on the floor in front of Kikyo. Kikyo had jumped back afraid to get hit with the ball. Kikyo's teammates groaned again.

Kagome served again, this time, Misuke bumped the ball back but Inuyasha spiked it back over. It hit floor. Another point for Kagome's team.

Kagome did her last serve; this time Kelvin set it to Adrian, who bumped it over. Miroku set the ball to Sango, who bumped it over the net. Misuke bumped the ball over, hard, where it went towards Kagome, who spiked it over from the spot where she served. It was a hard pass. The ball was headed towards the spot behind Adrian, who happened to be in front of Kikyo. Kikyo rushed to get the ball. She hit it, but it missed and was out. Another point for Kagome's team. The teacher blew her whistle.

"Time's out! Three - zero for Kagome's team! Next group!"

Kagome and Sango headed towards the change rooms. They quickly changed and went to get their books for their next class.

It passed uneventfully. As Kagome and Sango walked to the cafeteria for lunch, a person blocked Kagome. Koga. Kagome's eyes narrowed.

"Hello Koga please let me pass."

"What were you doing with that Dog-turd? My woman isn't supposed to be with other men. But that would be lying. Inuyasha isn't a man. But that doesn't matter for now. What matters was, was that you were with someone else. I can't have that now."

"One, I am not your woman and two, I can be with whoever I choose to be with. And I don't choose to be with you. So let me pass," Kagome said with an icy tone.

"Oh, well, we'll have to change that now, won't we? I can't have my woman going around with ideas like that." Koga grabbed Kagome and tried to force her into a kiss. Kagome's nerves snapped.

Grabbing him, she tossed him into the lockers against the side of the walls, denting them. "I AM NOT YOUR WOMAN! GET THAT INTO YOUR PUNY BRAINS! AND SHOULD YOU EVER TRY TO KISS ME AGAIN, I'LL MAKE SURE YOU'LL BE IN WORSE PAIN! GOT IT?!" Kagome yelled at him.

Everyone in the hallway had heard. Every one knew that Koga had it coming. Finally he got what he deserved.

Kagome didn't wait for an answer. She ignored the stares she was given and she and Sango walked into the cafeteria, as if nothing happened.

~*~*~*~ End of Chappie! ~*~*~*~

Yay! I finished that chapter. Hope you liked it! I would like to thank my reviewers who reviewed one of my three stories:

On Fanfiction.net: Pinayazngrl, starlite crystal, daisy31, ryguy5387, chibi-naiome, Hakiri Nefertiri

On Mediaminer.org: inuyashanot4sale, spectre97

Thanks guys so much for reviewing! You don't know how much it means to me! * sob *

Anyway, I was thinking of doing a sequel to my oneshot fic, Never, Ever. If the people who liked that story want one, tell me!

- Firerose18 (Kitten18 on Mediaminer.org)