InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unwanted Weakness, Wanted Strength ❯ A New Start ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I unfortunately don't own InuYasha and co.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

Chapter 5 A New Start

Michiko quickly left Kagome's room after making sure Kagome was pleased with her new room. She needed to find out why this strange demoness was here and why her mate wanted to train her. Kagome said she was tired and was going to take a nap. Michiko carefully shut the doors as she left and walked quickly towards where her mate.

"Ok mate, out with it all ready! Why did you bring Kagome here? I know you said you wanted to train her and all, but what else? Because I have been with you for a long time and I know there is more to this than just training," Michiko said with a small little smirk on her face.

"Ah, I am afraid you know me to well. You see the truth is I sense the 'Megumi Spirit' in her," Taro answered with a sort of dazed look on his face.

"How is that possible? The Megumi Spirit died long before we were born? You have got to be mistaken! I fear my love your age is getting to you," Michiko said with a glint of humor and mischief in her eyes.

Taro's eyes widened in shock, "Hmphf, I am quite offended! I am hardly a day over 100," he said while trying to keep looking as if he was offended by her remark.

Michiko covered her mouth with her hand to suppress the laughter.

"What? But I am just a barely couple days over 100," Taro added as he looked at his amused wife.

Michiko leaned closer to him and whispered quietly, "Give or take a couple decades," before she busted out laughing again.

Ignoring her comment pretending not to have heard her Taro continued, "Now down to more serious business. I will tell you why I think Kagome possesses the Megumi Spirit within her. You see, as Kagome explained it to me she was turned into a demon by a very powerful miko, more powerful than even she realizes. But in order to do the spell successfully one must have the gene of the Megumi Spirit and it's only born unto humans. I do believe that the miko who turned Kagome into a demon knew that Kagome had the Megumi Spirit. Otherwise, I highly doubt this miko would have even attempted to turn Kagome into a demon and would have just trained Kagome to use her miko powers. The miko that turned Kagome into a demon knew exactly what they where doing…"

Michiko interrupted, "Why didn't the miko tell Kagome about this?"

" Ah, another very good question my dear. I am pretty sure this was in order to protect Kagome's well being. The miko probably decided to wait until she was able to handle it; just I am not going to tell Kagome about it tell I think she is ready."

Michiko countered his remark, "How could this hurt her well being? It is just information about her heritage?"

"That is because I am also afraid for her well being. Once a person is that he or she possesses the Megumi Spirit, the Spirit in her body will awaken. If the spirit is awakened too early, it will probably kill her. That is another reason why I brought her here and put her under my care. I wish no harm to come to her. I have a feeling that she will be a very important figure to this world, though I am afraid she will have a very hard path to follow. A path with much sorrow and loss... but also with much happiness and joy if she goes the right way," Taro sighed heartily and continued, "I think it for the best if we retire to our room now. We both have much to think about."

"I agree. This is a great deal to consider. Besides, you will need your sleep since you will be training tomorrow," Michiko said as she started towards the door.

"I guess you are right. I do believe this will be it quite... eventful."

Taro walked up to Michiko and hooked arms with her and took a step out side of the room and the walked to their room.

"So what do you think of Kagome? Do you like her?" Taro inquired.

"For what little time we talked she seemed like a very nice person, so yes I believe I do like her"

"I am glad, since I would not know what to do if you two did not get along. She does seem to like you and she leaves me with the impression that she does not trust easily. I do wish I knew what happened to her to make her not trust very easily. I mean don't get me wrong…We all know that if you give your trust away too easily, you will wind up dead. But nonetheless, I sense that she has been hurt in some way."

"But mate, did you not say that she told you about her life?"

"Well, she did, but she did not go into much detail."

"Ah, I see what you mean."

Once they arrived at their room, Taro opened the door and bowed mockingly at his mate. Michiko just sighed, 'How predictable, I guess he will never change. But then I guess I would not have it any other way.'

After changing into their sleeping clothes, Taro and Michiko climbed into bed.

"Don't be rough on Kagome. Keep in mind that she is new to being a demon."

"Yes, yes I know," he answered in mock annoyance, "Good night dear, and pleasant dreams."

"You, too."

*******************************

A.N. What do you think?

Thanks for the reviews! They make me very happy when I get them, they make me want to update faster! *hint*

To get chapter 6 I want 10-15 reviews!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!