InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Unwanted Weakness, Wanted Strength ❯ My new powers ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A.N. Hi everyone!!! I will try to make this chapter longer then chapter 3. Don't forget to go to my profile and look in my bio and click the link if you want to be on my notify list.

And the winner of the pairings is.......Sess/Kag!!!!!!

Please remember that I can not help who the people choose, so PLEASE no hard feelings.

This chapter goes out to my new beta-readers.

********************************************************** *

Chapter 4-My new powers

Kagome woke slowly from her deep slumber in a bit of confusion. She glanced at her surroundings wondering where exactly she was. Then it hit her. She was in the place where that demon had attacked her. She quickly noticed the deceased demon's body parts. 'What happened? Why is this demon dead and why am I alive with no memory of what happened? Oh well, better not test fate,' Kagome thought to herself as she slowly rose to her feet.

She quickly turned to rustling in the bushes, " Come out!! Whoever you are!!"

Just as soon as those words left her mouth, she saw a male youkai move out of the shrubbery. This youkai had incredibly dark blue hair that could have been mistaken for a deep purple or perhaps black. The male had dark green eyes with speckled bits of gold. He stood about 6' feet in height. He had a kimono sorta like Sesshoumaru's but with blue at the top that matched his hair.

"I am very sorry to startle you, my Lady," the male youkai paused briefly, "I having been searching for this youkai. It appears that you have killed him. He has been disturbing my lands by killing my people. How were you able to kill him? You must be very strong, indeed."

"Who are you?"

"Forgive me for not introducing myself. I am Lord Taro of the Eastern Lands. And may I ask who you are, my dear?"

"I am simply known as Kagome"

"I hate to be blunt but I am very intrigued by you. You were able to defeat one of the most powerful demons, a demon not even my finest warriors could defeat. May I ask where you are staying?"

"I'm not really staying anywhere as of yet. I am just drifting along. Why do you ask such a question my lord?"

"Well, it appears that you are very strong. So, I wish to ask you to stay at my castle with my mate and me. I will help you train to become better with your powers, if you so wish it." Taro answered her in hopes she would agree to his suggestion and come stay with him. He watched her in anticipation. 'I am sure my mate would not mind, she will most likely understand,' Taro thought.

"I will agree to your offer, but please wait here while I tell my friends farewell," Kagome said as she waited for his response. He nodded he head in approval.

Kagome rushed towards Kaede's hut. 'I cannot believe this. Of all people to run into, I run into a demon lord. I am surprised by his offer. I must be really strong for him to give me such a gift as this one. Or maybe, this is isn't for real. Maybe he is toying with me. But for some reason I doubt it. He seems very kind. I mean I know you can never tell with youkai but I am going to trust my instincts. I wonder how old he is? He looks young but I have a feeling he is very old. Perhaps around 55 in human years,' Kagome thought with a smirk on her face.

When Kagome arrived at the hut she realized no one was there, 'I don't have anytime to wait around so I will just leave a note. Kaede will understand.' She quickly wrote the note and re-read just to make sure it was understandable. Kagome laid the note on a near by table, hoping Kaede would see it. She then saw her yellow bookbag, 'should I bring it with me or not? I guess I should leave it. Kaede might be able to use the stuff in it.'

Kagome then quickly left heading in the direction where she left Taro. When she finally arrived, she looked around to see Taro sitting in a tree patiently waiting for her return.

"I am ready to go," Kagome said as walked towards the tree.

"Okay, good. My castle isn't too far from here so enjoy the short run. Or you may can ride on my back and we can get there even faster and get you settled in."

"Riding on your back sounds fine to me. I am not really good with my demon powers," Kagome said.

"How could you not be good at running? You are a demon aren't you?" Taro cast a shocked glance towards her when she said she wasn't good with her demon powers.

"I will explain to you on the way. It is sorta a long story," Kagome said as she lowered her gaze to the grass avoiding Taro's eyes in hopes they could get on with the journey and she could tell her story.

"Alright then, let's start our journey to my home and you can tell your story," Taro replied in a kind voice.

'He is sort of like a 2nd grandfather. He seems so kind and sincere. I hope I will like his mate. I don't see why she would be an evil person, considering how nice Taro is,' Kagome thought as climbed on Taro's back, 'I will have to ask Taro what his mate's name is? I wonder if he has any pups? In truth I guess I really don't know a great deal about him. But hopefully I will get to know him.'

The journey was short. They quickly arrived at their destination just like Taro had promised. Perhaps it was quicker because of Kagome was occupied telling him of her story.

Taro's feet gracefully touched the grass beneath him and he knelt down slightly. Kagome slid of his bent body and landed on the ground. Kagome slowly looked around to observe her surroundings. Before her was a colossal castle. The main entrance was adorned with huge wooden doors surrounded by guards. Taro motioned for Kagome to follow him as he moved towards the entrance. Kagome obeyed and followed behind him.

Once inside, they were quickly met by a woman who appeared to be about Taro's age. The strange woman leaned toward Taro and gave him a kiss on the cheek. 'Must be Taro's mate,' Kagome thought as she took in this woman's appearance. She was slightly shorter than Taro but had the same caring face as he did. The woman was wearing a beautiful Kimono that was deep green with gold dragons sketched on it. The woman in question turned towards Kagome and smiled.

"And who are you my dear?" The woman asked in a soft voice but yet a voice that still commanded respected.

"My name is Kagome. Taro-Sama has kindly asked me to stay here. He said he would help me train in the ways of a demon, since I am new to the concept," Kagome replied as she waited for the woman to ask her how she could be new to the ways of a demon. The woman just smiled and nodded her head.

"Welcome to my home my dear. Let me introduce myself, I am Lady Michiko but you may call me Michiko. You are most welcome here anytime. If you wish, I will show you to your room."

"Thank you, I would like that very much," Kagome said as she watched Michiko and Taro exchange glances. Michiko had a look about her that told Taro that he would be explaining to her later what exactly was going on here.

"Now follow me Kagome and I will lead you to your room," Kagome soon was led down many different twists and turns. When they finally arrived at their destination, Kagome was dizzy with all the turns they had done. But finally they where at a door and Michiko turned the door handle and showed Kagome her new room. It was a big room indeed with a king size futon and a sitting room of towards the side. The room was done in a beautiful gold and silver with what Kagome another door that led to the bathing room.

**************************************************************

AN There I am finally done, for some reason this chapter took a long time to write oh well. Hopefully chapter 5 will be better. Don't forget to review to get chapter 5.

A special Thanks to All my reviewers!!!!!

Before I forget I will have an answer to everyone's questions next chappie. So if you asked about something then I will put it up next.!!!!!!!!!!!