InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Violation of Honor ❯ Chapter 19 - The Winds of Change ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Violation of Honor

By Rinseternalsoul

**Disclaimer: I do this for free. I'm not affiliated with Rumiko Takahashi's Inuyasha, and only write free fanfiction for my love of twisting her character's to my dark, demented will. May the smut live on.

 

Chapter 19 - The Winds of Change

A/N: I would like to announce that Violation of Honor is the Winner in the Inuyasha Fanguild Awards for 2nd Qtr.... Best Drama! WOOT! Thanks to everyone who nominated and voted!

I also want to send thanks to all the reviewers out there, and of course my super beta, Risa, who has helped to make 'Violation of Honor' what it is.

   


 

 Just ahead Uchuu spotted the first huts of the human village, bordering one small portion of his clan's territory. Several farming communities were scattered about, but the clusters of small huts became more frequent as he approached the village square. Several humans smiled and bowed to him as he passed by, but they, more often than not, made a quickly drawn mark against evil, and then a rather spirited retreat. Ungrateful bastards.

His clan's close proximity had inadvertently offered this particular human village many years of safety from attacking youkai. Fortunately the village wasn't often plagued with assholes like that. The reason for this was location. The region was normally very cold, but the winters were absolutely frigid. Most youkai were more acclimated to a warmer climate. Reptilians were almost never found in the area, but wolves were known to sniff around on occasion. They didn't sniff long, not when a troop of macaque warriors would swiftly be there to greet them.

The harsh weather also had a big effect on the village population. It was limited to around one hundred thirty humans, and most of them were old timers, which could count ancestors dating back to the first settlement. The monkey clan saw fit to protect them, because in truth, the village did the same for them.

Uchuu skirted around the back of the basket weaver's hut in order to avoid the long-winded old woman that lived there. She always talked his ears off, and he suspected that she would like to marry him off to one of her five daughters. He would rather commit seppuku than spend an eternity with one of those hideously simple mortal creatures. They were nothing like Sumiho.

Just thinking of her sent his heart racing in his chest. He desperately wanted to see her again, and was tempted to go by her home before returning to the palace. If the situation had not been so dire, he would have.

After also skirting the local shrine, he spotted the uneven rock formation positioned near the inclining path ahead. With a murmur of five magical words, the huge boulders shimmered and Uchuu walked right through. This was the secret that Asuza wanted from him so badly. This spot, and one more, were the only weak points that could be contributed to the powerful barrier that continuously protected his clan. Only through these openings would the shield allow entrance, and only if the correct words were spoken.

As he entered his realm, Uchuu stopped a moment and inhaled deeply of the air. It was crisp, chilled and clean. As he looked out at the rising mountains and their snow-capped peaks, Uchuu thanked his ancestors for the opportunity to see it again. For a while there, he had not been so sure that he ever would.

He was home.

Suddenly his peaceful moment was shattered when a huge ripple in the massive barrier nearly knocked him on his ass. "What the hell?" he cursed, barely keeping his feet. Immediately he knew where the disturbance had come from. "Asuza," Uchuu growled. He immediately burst into a run. He had to get to his brother in order to warn him. If Asuza got close enough to use the amulet against Hyuuga, the entire clan would be in danger.

Uchuu poured on the speed, leaving behind every concern that had been plaguing his mind since the journey home had begun. This was no time to worry over what his family would say once they saw his missing tail. He could not spare concern over Sumiho's reaction to the deformity. All that mattered now was saving his clan from the likes of Asuza and her disgusting minions.

The mountainous terrain was familiar, allowing Uchuu to travel over the rocky surface with blinding speed. If the barrier was under attack, he knew exactly where he would find Hyuuga.

++++

"You will calm down, general! I will have your silence or I will have your head! Is that clear?" Lord Hyuuga commanded in a voice that shook the rafter's overhead. "Now, as I see it, we are prepared for defense should the enemy break through the barrier. You yourself trained the guard. Would you tell me that you have failed to achieve your goals? Are our soldiers weakling cowards, that could not win a mere battle against an army comprised of mostly humans?" Hyuuga spit the last word as if it were a foul taste in his mouth.

"The barrier has stood strong for nine hundred and ninety five years; I cannot imagine that it will fail us now, even with the power of a sorceress against it. I do not believe it wise to evacuate the citadel at this time." Hyuuga gave a hard guttural grunt to give the man a full understanding of his disgust. His army of macaque soldiers would eat those mortals for lunch. Hell, he could probably wipe them out completely on his own—with one arm tied behind his back.

General Watanebe snapped to attention and barked, "Hai, my lord! I only ask that you consider the reports. Sire, our spies have all spoken of her strange powers...."

Hyuuga had heard enough from the insolent fool. His claws simply ached to rip out his throat. Hyuuga harbored no patience for anyone that could not take orders, and though this soldier had served him well for near three hundred years, he was about to end his life.

A gleam of certain death flashed in the monkey king's blue eyes as he lashed out.

"Hyuuga!"

The sound of his brother's voice and the simultaneous touch of his jaki surprised Hyuuga in mid-strike. He turned a shocked expression toward the approach, immediately dropping his claws and forgetting his previous fury. It was Uchuu. He would know his brother's voice anywhere.

Uchuu burst through the door, falling to one knee to greet his king. "Brother! I have returned."

Hyuuga stood rigid, completely stunned at the sight of his brother. Just one glance and he knew much of the pain his normally carefree young brother had suffered. His body was riddled with pink fleshy scars that were obviously just beginning to heal. Gone was a major portion of his regal tail. Before Hyuuga could comment, or even welcome him home, Uchuu jumped to his feet and grabbed the breastplate of his spike-encrusted armor.

"What's the meaning of this?" Hyuuga began furiously, unused to being handled in such a way—even by his brother.

Uchuu stared back into the eyes of his King, knowing that he had gone too far. Unfortunately, Hyuuga had no idea of the danger that they were all in and it was up to him to set the arrogant ass straight.

"Hyuuga, I have come to warn you! Listen to me now, my brother, like you have never listened to me before. The enemy outside of our wall is one like you have never faced before."

"A bitch with an itch for power? Come now, Uchuu, surely you jest."

"I said listen to me, you royal asshole! I've just spent the most hellish days of my entire life under that bitch's thumb, and I know things that you don't! For instance, around her neck is an amulet that will control the mind of anyone she gets a damn look at!"

Hyuuga felt the anger with his youngest brother abruptly flow out of him. "Controls the mind?" He repeated in awe. Unfortunately, the hard truth was clear from the steel resolve in Uchuu's blue, tormented eyes. Hyuuga breathed deep then released the breath with the burden of a sovereign ruler expected to protect his people from impossible odds. Uchuu released him.

Hyuuga stood tall and proud determined not to betray his sudden concerns in front of the dozen others occupying the chamber. All the while his mind was racing with the implications of such a powerful trinket in the possession of a demented foe.

Uchuu took that moment to look around him, realizing a little too late that he had accosted the King in front of nearly every important military figure in the clan. He found that many of them were staring at him with looks that ranged from pity to surprise.

With a heavy sigh, he turned away, ashamed of his deformity, as well as his actions, but damn it, Hyuuga was so full of himself; he would never have listened otherwise. A strong, familiar, claw-tipped paw suddenly pressed down reassuringly on his shoulder. Uchuu turned slightly and met Hyuuga's eyes. Blue eyes, so much like his own. He was grateful that his brother didn't offer any condolences on his loss. Interestingly enough, it appeared that Hyuuga now looked at him with a newfound respect.

"It is obvious to me, my brother, that your trials have been considerable. I have no idea how you managed to escape their grasp and return with this extremely important information, but I am glad you did. You have my gratitude, as well as that of the entire clan."

"Here! Here!" the shouts rang.

Uchuu felt some of the fears that he had been harboring lift. By thanking him in such a way, Hyuuga had abolished any doubts that he would be disinherited for lack of the imperial tail. Now, no other macaque could request his removal from the line of princes standing to inherit the throne. Uchuu offered a somber nod of appreciation, but said nothing. He wasn't sure of his voice at the moment.

Hyuuga dropped his hand, and turned to his men. There would be time enough later for he and his brother to talk. Now was the time for action and not a moment too soon. A demoness in any form was a force to reckon with, but one with the power to control another's mind? Truly, the thought was staggering.

"As my trusted brother has pointed out, this enemy is much more formidable than we had fist surmised. It would be wise for us to approach this foe with caution, or if possible, not at all. How can we stop a female that can control her enemies with a thought? There will be no battle at all! She would simply have us lay down our weapons and kiss her pretty toes, like a passel of mindless drones!

I, for one, am no insect to be controlled by a queen!" Hyuuga growled menacingly. "We must conceive of a way to beat this witch, and I think that the key to her downfall is the amulet that Uchuu spoke of." He turned to Uchuu and then gestured to an empty space among their brothers. "Tell us, my brother, of the bitch. There must be a way to defeat her."

Uchuu spent the next hour pouring over the details of his capture. Many of the younger macaques were surprised to hear that she had acquired the aid of a great bird of prey, most assuredly a hawk. Uchuu refrained from the particulars, but he made sure that they knew of Iku and his cruelty. It was thought that no hawk youkai was left alive. Many of the elders remembered a time when they were plenty, but as the younger macaques stated, they had been absent from these lands for a long, long, time.

He spoke briefly of the dungeon and of the drug that he and the other youkai had been given. The black spell on the chains had many of the bravest soldiers stirring uncomfortably on their mats, but at the mention of a miko as his friend and ally gained a unanimous gasp from them all.

Apparently, it was easier to believe that a female youkai was taking control of Japan by using a beautiful gem, than it was to believe a miko could befriend two youkai. Voices rose in the room as everyone voiced their doubts. It took some time to calm them down, but finally Hyuuga called them all to order once more.

"It is the truth!" Uchuu cried, clenching his fist in anger. "The miko's name is Kagome. She is very human and very powerful."

A chuckle came from the back of the room. "Oh? And did she smell nice too?" Another chuckle followed and then, "It seems the boy did not lose his love of human women even in the 'pits of hell'."

Uchuu turned with a defensive growl. His only living uncle sat there mocking him. The stocky old bastard was a lover of women himself, but not of humans. "Do not test me uncle. I am in no mood for your jokes."

"Enough!" Hyuuga warned. "This is not the time for your games, uncle." He turned to Uchuu and nodded. "Continue."

Uchuu issued one more nasty glare toward his uncle before turning his attention back to his brother. Hyuuga was obviously quite distressed over the problem with Asuza, but he was hiding it well beneath a calm veneer. Uchuu knew him well enough to see this, though he doubted few others could. He didn't need any more problems right now, so out of respect for his King, he let the slight go and began the completion of his tale.

"So the hawk has been injured by the miko?" Uchuu's middle brother, Umito, asked. "The injury could be beneficial to us."

"Yes..." Hyuuga added with some contemplation, "Umito might have a point. It would be prudent to remember the bird's shortcomings if we are forced to wage a battle."

Uchuu felt like this line of planning had potential. He added, "It is well known that Asuza cares deeply for her second in command. Maybe we could use him against her."

The prince's suggestion stirred much talk. It was finally agreed that attacking Asuza directly could prove a huge mistake. By focusing on her injured minion, she would become distracted and possibly vulnerable. For the first time since the whole nightmare of his capture began, Uchuu was beginning to believe that they just might have a chance to win.  


 

Asuza turned from the impenetrable barrier with a snarl of rage. All around her, long tendrils of bright auburn hair danced in the increasingly frigid winds, while wisps of pale silks mingled with the thick white furs of her winter coat. She hated the cold! And she hated monkeys! The blasted beasts were cowards, all of them! "Where is he, damn it? Where is Iku? And where the hell is my entire fifth regiment?"

The mortal general fell to his knees before her, properly prostrated for his queen. She recognized him immediately as one of Nobunaga's personal donations to her cause, and she had to force herself not to crush his skull beneath her boot. Nobunaga and his lies! He had promised her more men! More humans to offer up for slaughter! This would never do!

"My lady, the fifth regiment is scheduled to arrive by tomorrow evening. Please be patient, my lady."

"I do not wish to be patient you ungrateful moron! I want to bring down this barrier and destroy every monkey in sight!" In her fury she kicked him, sending him flying with a cry of pain. The mortal landed in a heap near the edge of camp. Many of the humans scurried to his aid, but she ignored the imbeciles and turned back toward the barrier.

It shimmered there like a great transparent wall of purple light, seen only by those who would seek it, but indissoluble to those who did not know its secrets. She cursed the foul obstacle once more, drew up her hand, and flung another bolt of energy enhanced with the power of the amulet. The mass of swirling flame and electrical fury slammed against the barrier, exploding with ear deafening force, bending it slightly, but never breaking it. Unfortunately, the barrier still held strong.

"Damnation!"

It was obvious that repetition wasn't wearing it down. She had hit the same spot dozens of times, yet not the least hint of weakness was exposed from her efforts. It appeared the monkeys were safe, for now.

Asuza stormed away from the blasted front-line and headed toward her personal encampment. She was beginning to suspect this siege could take some time. Damn that wretched barrier and those behind it!

If only Iku had been able to make the prince talk, then they could have struck with the element of surprise, taking down the barrier and infiltrating the enemy stronghold before they knew what hit them. The monkeys would have to be deaf not to know they were here now! The blasts could be heard for miles.

Perhaps it was for the best that she was delayed. The majority of her youkai soldiers were still battling the dwindling reserves of Sesshomaru's army. Once they succeeded, they were to immediately make way to the monkey realm. It would be better to wait for her reinforcements, instead of rushing in with a pittance of the force that she could have.

Her missing army was another bug up her skirt. Just five days ago she received a report from her general in charge of storming Sesshomaru's stronghold. They should have been here by now, or very soon. She was told that the fortress was weakening, and a swift victory was expected without the alpha dog there to fend them off. Obviously, that wretched toad, Jaken, was more adept than what her man thought. They would have taken the Western Citadel weeks ago had he not called in troops from abroad before they could arrive. If she had the time, she would have traveled there with her army, just to disembowel the pest with her very own claws.

Her plans were not running smoothly and that never put Asuza in an amiable mood.

Normally she would have enjoyed a playful flirtation with the delectable guard outside of her tent, so adoringly holding the flap open for her to enter, but this evening she was too pissed off. Nothing was going her way. Just as she ducked to enter, she heard the approach of a single horse moving fast. A runner? Could it be news from the Western Citadel? Had it fallen at last?

Anxious to see who approached the camp with such obvious intent, Asuza turned and spotted the horseman. Her eyes grew wide in surprise and she uttered a curse unbefitting of a lady.

The horse drew up to the camp with pounding hoof beats and a thick cloud of dust. The beast was breathing hard, with white froth all over its broad chest. Obviously, by the looks of it, the horse had been ridden to near death. Asuza narrowed her eyes on her second, and asked the burning question that plagued her mind.

"Why did you not fly here? What is the meaning of this, Iku?"

Iku dismounted with less than usual grace and stood before his self-appointed queen. She was furious. He could see it in her flashing crimson eyes, and he sensed it in the very air moving around her shapely body. He knew that she would be angry, but standing before her now did nothing to bolster his courage in reporting his injuries. If she was boiling now, she was going to erupt when she learned of the latest complication.

He immediately fell to one knee, bowing his head in reverence. "Mistress, forgive this Iku for the delay. I was unable to fly due to an attack by a miko, which has wounded your servant grievously." He looked up at her then, allowing his hair to fall back, revealing the gruesome burn on his face, then he pulled his sleeve up to expose the even more hideous injury on his wing arm.

Asuza couldn't deny the anger that she felt at Iku. There was no doubt in her mind that he had dallied where he was not supposed to be, but seeing the extent of his wounds brought to life the pain and suffering that her love was going through right now. A large portion of his upper arm was completely burned away, leaving charred flesh around the edges, while the rest was reddened, raw, and slowly seeping. His beautiful face was ruined on one side, and he had nearly lost his eye. The wounds had to hurt like hell, yet he came to her, traveling day and night. Always her faithful Iku.

"Rise, my love," Asuza commanded him. She stepped up and slowly traced her hand around the smooth flesh of his uninjured cheek. "Who did this to you? For the bitch will pay most dearly."

Iku had not expected this rare show of compassion from his mistress, but welcomed it just the same. "A miko sharing the cell with your inu slave." He gulped on the last words, knowing that he was confessing his actions before he left the castle.

"So you could not stay away from him, and chose to disobey me?" Asuza sighed. "It is regrettable that you chose to defy me." She looked him in the eye, clasping his jaw hard in her small hand. "You do realize that I shall be forced to punish your transgression?"

"Does my mistress not feel that I have been punished enough?" Iku asked desperately.

"You wish," She replied with a crooked smile and a sharp pat to his cheek.

"No, Iku my love, by disobeying me, you have jeopardized our entire victory against the monkey clan. Not only have you failed to procure the secret to this blasted barrier, but now you have become injured and useless to me in this battle. I must punish you for your offense. As for the miko, we shall see to her destruction upon our return to our home. She has no idea who she has messed with. No one touches what is mine." She snarled, showing small fangs and a dangerously insane glint in her eyes. Iku nodded his acceptance, knowing that his mistress would always do what was best for him.

"Come Iku. We will retire to my tent and I will use the power of the amulet. Perhaps it can heal these wounds you have acquired in my absence."

"Yes, mistress," Iku replied, obediently following and thankful that her greeting was not more violent, because it easily could have been. "My mistress is generous."

Asuza tossed a well-manicured hand carelessly and said over her shoulder, "Do try to remember that when you feel rebellious again in the future, my love."

"I will try to, Asuza." Iku replied with honesty. He would never lie to her. He might leave out a fact or two, but he would never lie to his savior and queen. He obeyed her in all things, but he was a man with his own mind and his own ambitions. Sometimes her will clashed intricately with his own.

Asuza smiled a knowing smile, but made sure that Iku did not see it. It was sometimes difficult to control an alpha male like her Iku. Especially one that had just a touch of insanity. For like draws like, does it not? She was aware that her views on things could be considered by some as... eccentric. It was a peculiar family trait that the common being could not appreciate. Only a few select were brilliant and twisted enough to be good company for those like herself. Iku and she were two peas in a pod.

She is the mistress, though. And after tonight, Iku will remember that. She could not have him acting seditious. Obedience is always a must.

As the two of them settled into her temporary chamber, Asuza dismissed her ladies, always waiting and ready to meet her every need. Iku settled onto a massive plum colored pillow with a grunt of pain, and reached up to grasp his injured arm tightly.

"Oh you poor, poor dear," Asuza cooed. For the time the barrier was forgotten, and the only thing on her mind was the one person in the entire world that she trusted and cared for. While she was angry with him for sneaking down to visit Sesshomaru, she hated to see him suffering. "That miko will scream in pain before she dies. I swear it to you, Iku."

Iku turned and met her eyes, strangely on the verge of tears, and wondered at the sight. She had never shown such affection for him before. Not to the point of youkai tears. His eyes widened for a moment and then he brought his hand to her cheek. "Arigato, for your concern, my lady."

Asuza blinked once hard, to get rid of the urge to cry—an urge that hadn't haunted her since she was a girl –and shook her head of the ridiculous emotions that wanted to plague her suddenly. She had never seen Iku so injured. He was the only one that meant anything to her. The only one she truly loved. To think that he could have been killed. Her eyes narrowed and her temper flared. Rage churned deep within her gut. That miko almost killed him.

Iku could sense the emotional change and knew what she was thinking. He had spent centuries with Asuza by his side and it was easy for him to see where her mind had turned. She was realizing how close she came to losing him and that made her very angry. He reached up to stroke her auburn hair. She slapped his hand away. Not a good sign.

"Tell me, Iku, what were you doing in Sesshomaru's cell? What were your intentions?" She turned her head sharply away to await his answer.

He thought about lying. Just because he had never done it did not mean that he did not consider it frequently. Lying was the easy way out though, and he was no coward. "I went there to fuck him."

Asuza turned back to face him and frowned with one hand on her shapely hip. "You arrogant bird. You were forbidden."

"I know, mistress."

"And yet, you could not resist his favors. I wonder if you find the dog a little too alluring?"

"Perhaps," he responded with a careless shrug of his uninjured shoulder, refusing to meet her eyes.

"How did the miko become involved?"

Iku thought back to that moment and smiled at the vision that came to mind. "The dog was helpless. Drugged and bound. I spread him easily enough, though he was obviously not pleased by my attentions."

Asuza chuckled as she sidled up next to him. "I doubt he was. Do, go on."

"Well, the human woman in the cell had been cowering in the corner until the moment I took my cock in hand to press it into his ass. I was so close. By the Gods, Asuza, I could feel the heat of his opening against the head, but then there was pain, blinding, searing pain. It was like no other. No injury that I have ever received pained me so badly. And it will not heal." He motioned to his arm with a panicked expression. "It was tended before I left the castle, and my youkai blood is strong, yet the wounds still fester, as if they will never go away."

Asuza reached out and stroked Iku's face lovingly. "Do not fear, my love. I know the amulet will make it better." She closed her eyes, focusing all her will into the magic of the amulet. The spells began to build, like an intricate puzzle, stacking one on top of the other until the correct one opened the gate that she needed. The amulet began to glow and she felt its warmth against her skin. She opened her eyes with matching light and met Iku's wary stare.

Controlling the amulet was not an easy task, and one that would have been impossible for just any common fool to accomplish. She was no common fool, however, and she had worked for centuries to hone her skills. Healing the flesh was no simple feat for the wearer of the amulet, but she could do it. She normally had no use for the function, as she mostly enjoyed ruining flesh instead of healing, but even then it had its uses. Now would be one time that she was grateful for the skill.

The heat of healing pulsed from her fingertips, winding its way through tissue and veins, seeking the injuries that she willed to heal. Iku hissed when he felt the initial contact of power to his sensitive flesh, but soon sighed with relief when the throbbing pain began to ease. After a time, Asuza pulled away and he looked down. "What is this?"

Asuza shook her head in disbelief. How could this be? "I have done all that I could."

"But, it is hardly much better. There is no pain, but the flesh is still impressed and blackened. Can you not do it once more?" He put his hand to his face and grimaced. The burn there was still very pronounced. It would leave an ugly mark.

Asuza sat back on her ankles and shook her head slowly, her fury with the miko rekindling. "No, my love, the amulet has done all it will. The miko's purification is strong. The spells could not be completed." She looked up meeting his eyes with a saddened look of her own. "It is up to your youkai blood now—let us hope it can finish the job."  


 

There were many things that he had done in his life that could condemn him to hell. Many things. This, however, would send him there with a swift current.

He had taken the virginity of a miko. Him, a fallen youkai—not worthy to walk in the presence of her goodness.

And he did not regret it.

That was the crux of it all. He should feel badly about it, yet he did not. As he watched her sleeping, curled up against him while he rested on his arm, his head in his hand, Sesshomaru pondered what had occurred between them. He carefully tucked a piece of raven hair back that fell over her face, and smiled when he remembered her body shivering with pleasure as she climaxed beneath him. Oh, she was a lovely sight.

They were meant for one another. It felt perfect to have her in his arms. This was right. He could feel it down to his very bones. He was meant to be with this woman, human or not. He had never felt such contentment. Such peace. Lying next to her now was a destiny that he would never have sought to avoid had he known how sweet it would feel.

She was a passionate lover, inexperienced but willing to learn. She surprised and pleased him several times with her bold moves. He could imagine a future full of stimulating nights with Kagome beneath him.

If he lived that long.

The guilt over taking her innocence once again prodded him, making his chest grow tight. He was unused to such feelings, and he reached up to rub at the offended area with his fist. He should have waited. He was going to have to let her go for a time, and this would only make it worse for them both. She would not understand that his intentions were honorable.

If only he had been able to keep that in mind when his cock grew so hard it felt as if it would burst at the seam.

She had bewitched him, and he let his weakness for her overcome his good judgment. He should have waited. But a small part of him growled with satisfaction. He had made her his in the most basic of ways. He took her innocence and made love to her sweet human body, bringing her to erotic heights like she had never known. She would think twice before looking at another male after having him pleasure her. He was certain of that.

But how would he approach her, as a Lord among youkai, when she only knew him as a silent lover?

With a fluttering of dark lashes Kagome finally opened her eyes. She stretched, stifling a yawn that quickly changed into a smile as she remembered the love making that she had shared with her silent youkai. She could feel him there, warm and protective beside her, and knew that he was watching her. "Ohayou once again," she said in a sleepy voice and prepared herself to hear him speak. She relished the moment, knowing that now he would finally reveal his name. He had trusted her with his heart earlier that morning, and now, she was sure that he would trust her with his name.

Kagome giggled when he went straight to the soft curve of her neck, burrowing in to kiss her playfully. But he did not answer her. She determined not to think of it as a bad sign and simply tried again. "Have I been asleep long?"

He never lifted his teasing lips from her skin, as he shook his head with a negative answer. Kagome felt her heart began to tighten in her chest. They had just made love. She gave him her innocence. Trusted him with something valuable—that she hadn't trusted to any other. Surely he would speak to her now?

His lips were distracting, but not nearly as much as his hand sliding so languorously over her hip and thigh. A small noise of pleasure slipped from her throat, and the sound was enough to disenchant her out of the bliss that he was creating. Deliberately? Was he seeking to distract her intentionally? Didn't he want to talk to her now?

"I think it is time that you tell me your name," Kagome said. She was a little upset with herself for sounding so breathless when she uttered her request, but his hands were rough, strong, and doing such wonderful things. If his strategy was to distract her, it had nearly worked.

He pulled away, and she heard him release a somewhat defeated sigh. Now was the moment that she had been waiting for. She was soon to know who her silent youkai really was, or feel the sharp stab of his betrayal.

The hand that had been playing such magical havoc with her hip moved to take her hand. He guided it toward his lips, kissing the palm slowly, lovingly, and Kagome felt her heart begin to quicken.

He then pulled her palm to his cheek, holding it there gently pressed against the face that she had grown to cherish... and shook his head.

Sesshomaru had dreaded this moment with every ounce of his rotten soul, but he could not, would not, put Kagome in danger now. Asuza wanted him dead, and Iku would be out for revenge. Kagome would be an easy target if she were with him. She could not see and he could not protect her at every turn. His future was bleak. His home possibly in ruins. Now was not the time to bring forth a human female as his mate. Even if Asuza and Iku were not out for his blood, there were many vultures waiting to take advantage of their leavings. As much as it pained him, he would not put her at further risk.

He expected tears. What he got was more typical of Kagome.

She pushed him away, scrambling to her feet, mindless of her glorious nakedness beneath the weight of her wrath. She stomped away, stumbling slightly over the edge of the bedroll, then turned abruptly. She looked like an avenging angel, full of fire and retribution. Sesshomaru knew that he deserved her temper, and he was prepared to take it. Just not on the ground. He quickly stood. Only a fool would meet an angry Kagome lying on the ground.

"How dare you?! After all that we shared?" She stumbled on her words, furious, but terribly hurt as well. "I... I... we... we made love for the Gods sake! Do I mean so little to you? Is that it? Am I just some one night stand? A booty call? Oh my God! That's it, isn't it? My friends warned me about guys like you, but I didn't listen! I thought that you were different, that you would never use me and just toss me aside!"

'One night stand'? 'A booty call'? Her words were unfamiliar to Sesshomaru. Must mean the same thing as 'we made love'.

Her accusations angered him, but he could not deny that it must appear as such to her. He could not tell her what she wanted to know. If she knew his name, nothing would stop her from following him. As soon as she could find his idiot brother, the two of them and their lanky crew would set out in search of him. He had no doubt. Especially once she told Inuyasha that he, Sesshomaru, had taken her virginity. Inuyasha would stop at nothing until blood was drawn over this. In his fury, Inuyasha would lead Kagome right into peril.

Yes, he was taking advantage of her handicap for his own purposes, but damn it, his motive was to protect her!

Kagome's breath left her in a rush as she was suddenly pulled against his hard chest. His arms encircled her, holding her though she struggled. She could not fight his strength and briefly considered zapping him with her powers, but she couldn't bring herself to hurt him. The futile attempts to push him away only tired her out, and she finally succumbed to the warmth and comfort of his arms. How could he feel so nice when he had just torn her heart apart?

He held her close and stroked her back with soothing care. Kagome felt the anger fading, but in its place, she was wounded and laid bare. She had given everything to him. "I don't understand why you won't trust me."

Oh there was so much more to it than that, and he wanted badly to tell her his reasons. He wanted to assure her of the depth of his feelings for her and make her understand. Unfortunately, to protect her—and him—Sesshomaru could not break his silence now. Instead, he pulled her toward the hot spring to soak. The warmth of the spring would ease the soreness of their coupling.

Kagome was battling with her emotions. A part of her was hurt beyond measure that he would choose to remain anonymous, even now, after they had shared their bodies and spoken of devotion. "I am yours," he had pledged, but what did he mean by that? She thought that it was a declaration of his heart, but was it?

She allowed him to lead her to the onsen and there he attentively cared for her, washing her, caressing her and massaging sore muscles. He took every opportunity to taste her and touch her, driving her to madness with his heated breaths growing shallow with desire. He did not pursue the issue of sex again, and Kagome was secretly glad, because she was still sore between her legs. Her first time had been a wonderful experience, but the passion from their union had taken its toll. Besides, she was still pissed.

He was so perfect. Each touch left her breathless. Each kiss turned her mind to mush. Why did he have to keep his identity a secret, using her blindness as a tool against her? It was so unfair!

He was her lover. Did all lovers act this way? Did every touch and caress feel like homage to your very existence? If not, she was screwed, because if he were simply using her to slake his lust, then by doing so he had ruined her for all other men. How could she ever accept another man into her bed that would give her anything less than what she received from her silent youkai here in this cavern?

As his warm lips traced a smoldering path up her neck, Kagome tried to look at the bright side. Maybe he just needed a little time. Maybe he would reveal the truth, but wanted to surprise her. Although there were doubts, she wanted to believe in him. She wanted to remain hopeful that he would soon tell her his name.

With a heavy sigh that revealed growing lust and unfulfilled dreams, Kagome shook her head and sat up.

"I... I am trying to understand your reasons for remaining silent with me, but it's very hard when you've given me nothing to go on. I know that you can speak—if you wanted to—so that makes it even harder for me to accept. We... were so close. You..." She looked down toward the steamy waters, suddenly shy. "... were inside me. Yet now you will not even tell me your name." Kagome shrugged and looked in the direction of her ever-silent companion. "What's a girl to think?"

His fingertip brushed softly over her bottom lip, and she felt the faintest touch of his claws. He cupped her face lovingly in his hand and kissed her lips softly—then touched his forehead to hers, as if he wished to impress upon her the depth of his feelings. It was a tender move, but Kagome was now second guessing him, and herself. What did it all mean?

After returning to the chamber where she had slept, Kagome was surprised to discover that earlier he had not only brought her food, but clothing as well. As he helped her into the kimono, she marveled at the garment that felt like it was crafted from the finest of silks. "I hope you didn't steal this." She muttered as he slipped an obi around her waist. He chuckled and continued tying.

Sesshomaru stepped back to admire her. The kimono was a vision, and on Kagome, it was brought to life. The gentle colors were perfect for her skin and emphasized her delicate beauty. It was well worth the gold that it had cost him, and he vowed to buy her many more in the future.

Kagome smiled demurely and thanked him for the gift, even though she obviously suspected him of stealing it. Sesshomaru left her to sit on the trunk while he donned his clothing, and then lead her through the cavern toward the high exit above the river. When the floor of the cave became too uneven for her to maneuver easily in her geta sandals, he lifted her into his arms and carried her the remainder of the way. When he saw the first rays of afternoon light shining through the dark portal, he ducked his head to accommodate the low ceiling until he was crouched before the opening.

Sesshomaru held Kagome in his lap staring at her beauty in the light of day. She was an amazing woman. Stunning in the silk masterpiece she was wearing—though she was just as lovely in nothing at all. He kissed her lips softly and then pulled back.

Kagome had been resting in his arms and at the touch of his lips, she opened her eyes. She gasped as what she saw. There was light all around her. She could see it clearly now. Elation filled her, and she turned her head to her silent youkai.

He was there, looking at her, but his features were still unclear, foggy and vague. But, she could now see something that she could not before. His hair was very light, and she reached up to touch it. He was watching her; she could see the darker spaces of his eyes against the lighter backdrop of his face. Against her side she could feel his heart suddenly begin to race. Was he nervous?

"Your hair," she said softly. "It is so pale. I can't quite tell what color it is, but it appears nearly white."

Sesshomaru felt his heart clench in his chest. Inside the cave it was pitch black, and she had not been able to see anything at all. Now out here in the open, it was obvious that her eyesight was mending very quickly. Could she see the stripes on his face? If not now, then how long would it be before she could?

He was not the only demon with pale hair. Even Inuyasha carried that trait. Unfortunately, it narrowed down the realm of possibilities immensely. This was a complication that he did not need right now, but beneath his misgivings, Sesshomaru was elated that Kagome's eyesight was returning to normal. He had so much that he wanted to show her. So many places they could go.

Sesshomaru clutched Kagome to him and leaped out, over the river and to the ground on the opposite side. He landed with grace that did not jar his precious bundle, then set out toward the village of Yokaishi.

It seemed like they had only been traveling for a few hours when Kagome heard the sounds of people. A village? It was faint, but she could hear the bustle of humans in the distance. There was the unmistakable clanging of the smithy and the occasional shouts from vendors. It must be a large village at that. She looked away from the blended colors of the scenery all around her and found her companions blurred face. She wanted to ask him where they were but knew that it was useless. He wouldn't answer her anyway.

It was so frustrating to be so unaware of what was happening around her. She couldn't tell if they were entering the village or going around. It seemed like the noises were a little closer, but it also felt like they were leaving the main road and possibly skirting the human's domain.

Something occurred to her then, and she felt her heart pick up its beat. What if it was not a human village at all? What if this was a youkai area? How would they act toward her, a miko? She began to grow nervous. They could turn hostile. Would her silent companion be able to defend her against an entire village of youkai?

Sesshomaru sensed her nervousness and drew her protectively close. He nuzzled her neck and tried to soothe her fears. In return he hoped the action would also soothe his own, because the closer they came to the village the more frantic he became at the thought of leaving Kagome behind.

On a hill, a far distance from the village proper, he spotted the kimono makers establishment. Outside in the shallow river there were four women standing with long, colorful, flowing fabrics trailing through the waters. The scene appeared peaceful, and he knew that he could approach without the threat of alarm, since this village welcomed youkai, but he did not wish to be seen. He wanted to remain anonymous, and any one of the villagers here could relay his appearance to Kagome and then his ruse would be over.

Only the one called Saya could meet them.

Beneath a large shady tree, Sesshomaru settled amidst the fallen leaves, bringing Kagome down to rest in his lap. He would wait.

Kagome wasn't sure why they were stopping, but she couldn't deny the pleasure she felt from his firm hold on her. It was like he couldn't get enough of touching her. She settled into his lap and felt the brush of his long hair against her face as the wind blew by. The village noises in the distance and the gentle breezes through the trees were soothing, and she leaned her head against his chest and relaxed.

While he supported her with one arm, he used the other to touch her, caressing her thigh through the delicate layers of the kimono. Kagome sighed peacefully, wishing that she could stay in his arms forever. He stroked her hair and her face then tilted her head up before pressing his warm lips against her own. His kiss began gentle, a soft touch, before playful nibbles that soon had her parting her lips for more. Eagerly he invaded her moisture, slipping his long tongue into her mouth to tap and twist against her own. She could feel the sharp points of his canines as she explored his mouth with growing fervor.

A moan of appreciation slipped from Kagome, which further inspired Sesshomaru's passion. He adjusted her slightly to relieve the growing discomfort of his now throbbing erection. His palm slipped over her breast and he squeezed gently, enjoying the sound of pleasure that she made. It was a wanton sound that came from his little miko, thickening his cock even more.

Reluctantly, he lifted his lips, giving her a chance to catch her breath, while he devoured the sweet taste of her slender neck. He teased her ear with his tongue and teeth until she arched against him, and soon Sesshomaru lost himself in her delights. In one movement, he lifted layers of silk and twisted her around until she was straddling his thighs.

By the ancients, her scent was strong in his nostrils now. The heady aroma from her sex sent him spiraling into a lusty haze where only the two of them existed, and nothing was more important than plunging into her wetness. He grasped her beautiful round ass in his big palms and moved his mouth over the smooth flesh of her chest. He cursed the layers of fabric that kept him from reaching the full breasts hiding beneath, and finally trailed teasing bites and kisses up her neck and back to her hot mouth.

The ache in his groin was becoming painful and he ground it against her warm, moist, heat. The movement caused Kagome to throw her head back and groan with pleasure, so he did it again. Her hands were all over him, in his hair, on his chest, seeking any bare skin that she could reach.

"Too many clothes," she murmured and Sesshomaru had to agree. He would not disrobe her here however. It was too close to the village, and he would kill anyone who might stumble across his woman without her clothes on. He could, however, fulfill their need, and so he reached down between them and deftly untied his hakama.

Kagome pushed his hand aside and took hold of his swollen manhood, making him grunt in tormented pleasure. Sesshomaru was delighted with her shameless approach and groaned when she began stroking him with her delicate fingers. She was going to drive him mad with those gentle touches, and so he reached down, grasping the tiny hand that held him and squeezed it tight. He stroked it then, grunting with relief until she spoke in a throaty voice.

"Oh, so you like it like that, do you?"

Sesshomaru couldn't reply because the pleasure was far too great. The most he could answer was a deep noise that clawed its way from his chest. It ripped from his throat as if he were in pain. Suddenly she slipped from his lap and he reached out to pull her back.

"I'm not going anywhere. I just want to explore." Her words were spoken in a husky voice filled with passion, as she slid down his chest, kissing his exposed neck but never removing her hand from his shaft. He watched as she lowered her face ever closer to the inflamed, bulbous tip, and then gasped when the heat of her breath finally stroked the sensitive flesh. She was a vision kneeling between his spread thighs, with wild hair tumbling about her shoulders, and unseeing eyes darkened with desire.

Unexpectedly, she flicked her tongue out and traced the slit. Every muscle in his body locked up from the pleasure of that one small touch. She looked up at him and smiled. "It's a little salty," she said, then dipped her head again and took him into her hot mouth. Every ounce of breath left him in a flood, and he clenched his teeth against the urge to explode. He refused to embarrass himself like an untried lad.

She moved her lips down his pole, taking him deeper, and his hand burrowed tightly within her soft hair. He wanted to shove her head down on it and take in more of that amazing heat, but he dared not frighten her away. Gods, she was unlike any timid virgin that he had ever known. She took him into her mouth with curiosity and no shame. It made him crazy for her, wanting her that much more.

She licked, and suckled, pulling against him with titillating strokes, while her hands fondled his thigh and sac. He watched in fascination as her dark head bobbed over him; her mouth was milking him to near insanity. Finally, when he was unsure if he could take another stroke of her warm tongue, he reached down and pulled her up to him, taking her mouth in a branding kiss meant to sear her very soul.

Kagome buried her hands in his hair while he found the aching spot between her moist thighs. His fingers played expertly against her clit, making her squirm and moan against his lips. His miko vixen was ready for him. At last he lifted her hips, ready to impale her. Her tight entrance was an inferno of slick moisture awaiting him, and it took all of his reserves to lower her onto his staff with care. His head fell back and he groaned with the rapture of tunneling into her wet, clutching channel. Through heavy lids he watched her carefully for any signs of distress, unsure if her human body had healed enough for the act to be free of pain.

Her face was one of elation and the lusty moan she released told him exactly what he needed to know. He shifted his hips and pushed deeper inside the quivering heat, causing them both to groan.

Kagome was amazed at the feeling of having him inside of her again. He filled her in a way that felt so right. It was heaven on earth and she was sure that she would never get enough of doing this. She shifted, moving her hips, and gasped at the intense pleasure that shot through her body. She could hear his shallow panting breaths as she began to move seeking to uncover new unexplored delights.

Their bodies moved as one. Male hips thrusting up, while feminine thighs rocked against the pressure. Their lips met in a frantic kiss as they made love. Her heat and moisture stroked him like a heaven sent glove, while his sword plundered her grasping sheath. Kagome could feel the tingling warmth pooling low in her belly, pushing her ever closer to the brink. His arms clutched her close as he devoured her mouth in a hot demanding kiss. Kagome was spiraling toward salvation with every hard, delicious, stroke. When he shifted slightly, hitting a spot that sent shivers through her entire body, she knew that her climax was near. She clenched her muscles trying to savor the sensation and the action made him grunt and then groan.

His pace began to grow more frantic and the knot in her belly began to pull tight. Suddenly, in a flash of brilliant colors, it all came apart, shattering with such amazing intensity that Kagome was sure that she saw stars. As the final tremors shook her body, his upward thrusts grew sharp causing her to gasp at the pleasure/pain. Then, suddenly, he stiffened beneath her, before releasing a feral growl. She could feel his manhood pulsing deep inside as he exploded, shooting a thick stream of seed in a tide of rapture that left him shaking and weak. He collapsed back against the trunk of the tree, pulling her tightly against his chest and kissing her breathlessly.

Sesshomaru was sure that he would never get enough of her. No climax had ever felt so good. It was not just a function of the body, but one of the soul.  


 

Iku writhed against his bindings as the green haired maiden between his legs suckled his swollen staff with renewed enthusiasm. Her fangs grazed the length with each gulp of his long, hard cock. His body enjoyed the abuse, but his mind was furious with Asuza for punishing him in such a manner.

Feminine hands groped him relentlessly, toying with his sac and fingering his anus. The female at his back had the audacity to flick her tongue against his sensitive rectum causing him to moan. Unfortunately, the gag in his mouth prevented him the luxury of voicing his disapproval, while Asuza lay back on her pillows, enjoying the show as a young guard licked her pussy until she squirmed.

Suddenly, the vigorous torment was interrupted.

Asuza sat up angrily and pushed her fabulous new lover aside. She glared at the one who dared barge into her private domain. "Explain yourself, Ryuunosuke!"

The spy crouched low, fully aware that he had tempted the mistress's fury, but the information that he held could not wait. She would be pleased in the end.

Asuza waited for the youkai, gray and gaunt, to divulge his secrets. He was the perfect spy, with coloring and form perfect for blending into the environment around him—especially in this rocky, bland, clime.

Ryuunosuke looked up from his crouched position and announced, "I have discovered the weakness in the barrier."

   


 

A/N: I hope that you enjoyed this installment of 'Violation of Honor'! Until next time...