InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Waiting Forever for You ❯ Her First Day, Part1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I don’t own Inuyasha. I make no money from this. Also, be patient with me as this is my first fanfic.



Chapter 2: Her first day, Part1

Makego was lost in thought when she was tapped on the shoulder. She was startled and started to turn around. As she did, Becky could have sworn, if only for a split second, that she saw two black dog ears appear on the top of the other woman’s head and silver streaks appear though her hair. Becky was shocked out of her stupor when the other woman asked “Yes?”.
“ Are you Makego?” Becky asked. “Oh! You must be Becky! Welcome to Viz!” she replied cheerfully. “Well, let me give you the grand tour .” “Alright, I can’t wait to get started, Makego.”
Makego showed her everything the three floors the company occupied had to offer. The last thing she showed her was their desks. She explained that there were only three people in her department: her, Becky, and Meaya who was running an errand for the boss: Touga. Makego also told her that “ We also work closely with the marketing department. They figure out how to sell our products and we deal with the results of their work.” “Well, for today, Touga doesn’t want you to do work too hard. You pretty much do the same job that I do. So, for today, you’ll just watch me work.” Alright, Makego, that sounds like a good idea. It will get me used to what I have to do.” “Good! Let’s get to work.”
Becky watched as Makego showed her how to fill in her sales sheets. She soaked it all in as Makego showed her about gains, losses and how they projected sales. The next thing she knew, Becky felt a presence and turned to see a red-haired woman with a ponytail staring down at the two of them.
“ Hey Makego! It’s one O’clock already. Time for lunch.” said the redhead. Before Makego could reply, the new woman realized there was someone new in the room. “Hey! You must be the new girl, Becky. Nice to meet you. Wanna come to lunch with us?” Becky looked to Makego as if to ask ‘ Is it alright for me to come?’. She answered the unspoken question with “ Yeah! Do you want to come with us? We’re going to a hamburger place a few blocks away.” “Sure, I’d love to guys.”
They went to eat. As they ate, Becky couldn’t help but stare at Meaya. Just as before when she first met Makego, she had also seen on Meaya demonic traits that seemed to flicker on and off as her bracelet fell off a couple of times. She shook it off as she gathered everyone’s money and paid the bill. As they walked back to the office, they talked about their families. Becky found out she was the only one single.
Makego, she found out, was married to Touga and had three children: Sakura, Nami, and ,her oldest, Shippo. Meaya was married to a man named Koga and had one son named Ginta. When she heard the names of Makego’s son and Meaya’s husband and son, she turned to them in shock. “ I know what your thinking Becky.” Meaya said. Makego chimed in with “ Yeah, I know too. Meaya and I have been friends for about ten years now and yes we did name our kids after characters on Inuyasha. “ “ Although, Koga’s name was given to him by his grandfather, his parents liked it, so it stuck.” added Meaya . Becky laughed nervously. Makego put her arm around her shoulder and said “ Don’t worry. Especially with us working for Viz, we get it every time we mention our families. We have even been told that Meaya and I look like Ayame and Kagome. “ Makego said that last line hoping to bring out a little more of Becky’s memories of her past life. When this didn’t work, she looked at her watch quickly and lied saying “ We need to get back. We’re going to be late!”. As they ran, Meaya scolded Makego saying “ Why did you do that? If Touga finds out he’ll be furious with you!” “Well , I wanted to speed it up. He’s going to do something to bring them together soon.” Meaya thought as they reached the building ‘I hope you know what your doing, Inuyasha..
As they arrived at the door of the department, there was a sign on the door that said ‘Sales and Marketing Meeting at Two O’clock Today - First Floor Conference Room. “Oh! I nearly forgot we were having that meeting today.” said Makego. “Is there anything I should know, Makego, Meaya?” “ Nah! I’m sure Touga doesn’t expect you to know much yet. You’ve only been here half a day.” Makego answered. Meaya looked at her watch and said “ Let’s get going. It’s 1:55!”