InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Waiting Forever for You ❯ Her First Day, Part 2: Realizations ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I don’ own Inuyasha or Viz. I make no money from this. The action will start in a few chapters.


Chapter 3: Her first day, Part 2 : Realizations


They all reached the conference room with a minute to spare. Makego and Meaya went in and as Becky went to follow, she bumped into the man she had bumped into this morning.
“We really need to stop meeting this way, you know.” joked the man. “I’m sorry. Again.” She nervously laughed. “Well, I guess you should know my name. I’m Touga.” At the name she gasped. “You’re Touga! Makego’s husband Touga? My boss Touga?” “Yes. All of the above.” Becky looked at his face, his bleached blonde hair, and purple and yellow tie and was thrown into another vision.

She was standing in a field. Across from her was a tall man who looked like Touga, but was a little older and to her gorgeous. With him was a small girl and a green demon. She heard herself plead with the man to please defeat someone named Naraku. “Sesshomaru! Please!” She cried as he said nothing and walked away. She saw him pause and before he continued to walk away she started to shout for him one more time. She was brought back to reality by Touga shaking her shoulders saying her name. “Sesshomaru.” she whimpered and thinking it was him held on to him for dear life. He held her for a moment and she calmed down. Finally, she looked up and blinking for a moment, suddenly got very embarrassed . “I didn’t shout that did I?” she asked shyly. “No you didn’t. Who are you? More importantly, who were you? Realizing he knew of her vision, she answered “I am Becky Jones. I was Kagura, the wind sorceress. I’m so confused.” Not thinking the story of Inuyasha to be real she continued. “ Am I just dreaming? Sesshomaru and Kagura aren’t real, are they? It feels too real to be a dream. With every vision, I feel like my heart is breaking more and more.” Touga put his hand on her shoulder and said “ I’ll explain everything later. For now just sit and listen to the meeting. Remember one thing, things that you may think are just a fairy tale might just be true.” He smiled at her and led her into the conference room. He gave his meeting and constantly looked over and smiled at her. As she calmed down, she could feel nothing but brotherly love radiating from him.

As the meeting winded down, he made one final announcement. “ As you know, the reports from last quarter have been finalized. We have to share this information with Shogakukan Inc. in Japan. Since we’ll be going over next year’s projected figures, I will be going, along with Makego, Meaya, and the newest member of our sales team: Becky.” At the questioning faces, he said “Becky can handle it. She was with another publisher before us and did this kind of thing all the time. She’s fluent in Japanese and knows all her customs.” This shut them up. “ One final thing before I let you go for the day. We are leaving tomorrow and in my absence, my assistant Sakuya will take over. I expect you to give him the same respect to him as you would me. He may be your new boss someday. Well, that’s it for today. Good afternoon.”

When everyone began to get up to leave, Touga approached Becky. “Come with me. I’ll give you that explanation now. You too Makego and Meaya. I know you’re listening.” “Aw, man!” Makego whined.
“You do realize that I can see your ears twitching, don’t you?” Embarrassed, Makego with Meaya right behind her, followed Becky and Touga into his office. They all sat down and waited for someone to speak. As she waited, Becky thought ‘I want to know who I was, but I have a feeling all of us are going to be in huge trouble because of it.’