InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Waiting Forever for You ❯ Past Adventures ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I don’t own Inuyasha. As a warning, there may be some spoilers in this chapter.





Chapter 6: Past Adventures



As Inuyasha began his tale, Kagome got up and got everyone a drink. She sat down and watched as Becky listened to the story. She stopped her mate when she felt her side needed to be told. He excited everyone when he reenacted battles using a straw for his sword. He almost used his real sword until Hakkaku yelled at Inuyasha through the door of the cockpit “ Don’t you dare take that sword out in this plane! You’ve already ruined two of them that way!” After grumbling a moment, he grabbed the straw.

After Inuyasha finished telling the story of the time Koga kidnapped Kagome, they stopped to eat lunch. Kagome handed out the sandwiches and sat down on the loveseat with Inuyasha. As they ate, they talked about the more quiet moments of their journey. Becky smiled as Inuyasha explained that, before Kikyo was revived, when they were sitting under the tree and he leaned in towards Kagome, he was trying to kiss her and he wasn’t thinking about Kikyo. Minutes before he had come to the decision that he cared for her and he was going to try to let her know how he felt. When she freaked out and smacked him when he leaned in, he realized she wasn’t ready.

They cleaned up after lunch and returned to their seats. Inuyasha continued his story where he left off. Everyone listened as he told stories of wind sorceresses, broken swords, evil swords, and evil incarnations. It was sad when he talked about a brother and sister torn apart by Naraku. He told of hanyous turning demon, mastering new techniques, dark priestesses, bat demons and fights with panther demons. He talked about how when Rin was abducted by Kohaku for Naraku and Sesshomaru nearly killed Kohaku and when he later confronted Naraku and nearly turned into his animal form. His face softened as he told everyone “ I knew at that time he considered Rin as more than just a human. Knowing how I felt for Shippo, I knew he thought of her as his daughter. He would do anything to protect her and he loved her.”

It was now 7 hours into the flight. Seeing everyone’s yawns, Ayame suggested they all take a nap for a few hours. After agreeing, Inuyasha and Kagome snuggled together on the loveseat. Ayame and Becky stretched out on their couches. Four hours later they awoke. As he started to continue his story, he was interrupted by a growling stomach. Ayame laughed and told everyone “I guess it’s time for dinner.”. They all grabbed a sandwich and sat down to eat. When they were done, they got some ice cream and sat down to continue the story.

Inuyasha started up again with the story. Becky enjoyed hearing about the Band of Seven, Mt. Hakurei, Kikyo’s second death, and Miroku’s proposal to Sango, He loved telling everyone the story of how he mastered the adamant barrage and how they defeated the stone oni from the inside out. Becky nearly awwwwed as Kagome and Inuyasha told how after the stone oni’s defeat, they sat high in the Goshinbuko, leaned on each other and they had both thought they each needed each other.

After that they had continued on their journey. Naraku had thrown many obstacles in their way. New incarnations were made to try to knock off the group. Tokijin was broken and Tenseiga turned to a killling blade. Inuyasha smiled as he told Becky “ A few years after Naraku’s defeat, I remember, on one of our trips to visit him, he told me that he knew what I had gone through. He explained to me that he had so much rage in him over Kagura’s death that he just had one thought in his mind. It was revenge. As he killed his first demon with Tenseiga he felt he could exact that revenge. I had argued with him saying it was nothing like with Kagome, that she wasn’t dead, I just wanted to protect her. After a couple of minutes, he got me to agree with him saying that we both wanted our women to be safe.”.

Inuyasha got choked up when he started to talk about Kikyo’s final death. He composed himself and told how Kouga got him to put his past behind him and look to his future, with Kagome. Kagome took over and explained how they became mates. After Kikyo’s death, the couple had started to become closer. It started when as they returned home and told Kaede what happened, Kagome had grabbed Inuyasha’s hand and leaned into his shoulder. As the weeks passed, they became more intimate. Finally, after much hugs, kisses and hand-holding, they snuck out to a hot spring and mated. After cleaning up, they snuck back to Kaede’s hut. When Inuyasha awoke, he was totally surprised to see in front of him two black dog ears and a head of black hair with silver streaks. He was brought out of his surprise by an arm stretching and a set of tiny claws scratching his face. Everyone woke up and after the commotion died down Myoga came into the hut out of breath. He told Inuyasha that what had happened was that even though he may not have remembered, he had bit Kagome on the neck to give her some of his blood in order to lengthen her lifespan. A side effect of this was that she also became a hanyou and now had all of Inuyasha’s power and strength.

Inuyasha picked up the story from there. He started by talking about how he trained Kagome to fight and use a sword. Myoga had left the same morning he arrived and returned that night with Totosai, After getting a fang from both Kagome and Inuyasha he left. They trained a couple more days and with some more practice would nearly fight as if they were one person. That night Totosai returned after dinner with the sword he had made for her. When she asked why Inuyasha’s fang was needed, he handed her a small dagger that had rubies on it. Totosai explained that when they were in a place where women didn’t carry swords, she could have that dagger to protect herself. He also explained that he made her sword the Hikariken, look just like Inuyasha’s so he could carry it and people would think it his.

The couple resumed training the next morning, After their own training, Miroku and Sango joined them. A few days later, Kagome had mastered the Hikariken and all its attacks. With Inuyasha’s blood flowing through her veins, she was able to perform the Windscar, the Backlash wave, and the Adamant Barrage. During this time Miroku and Sango became close like Kagome and Inuyasha did. Even though Sango wanted to, Miroku would go no further than kissing and the occasional grope. He wouldn’t put Sango through what his mother went through with him. When she had finally had enough, she started a shouting match with him. This resulted with him shouting at her “ I’m not going to kill you!” At her gasp, he calmed and explained that if they went further and she became pregnant, the baby’s wind tunnel would suck her up from the inside out when she delivered. Sango threw her arms around his neck and hugged him. She had understood.

The next morning, the group was greeted by Sesshomaru, Rin, Jaken, and Kohaku. They all spent the day planning and testing each others skills. Sango and Kohaku reunited and she could tell he was not telling her something. That night as they sat around the fire they talked about their journey to find Naraku. Right before they were to go to sleep, Kohaku told her he would have to give up his life to defeat Naraku and purify the jewel. Sesshomaru came up behind the two and answered her unspoken question. “ No, I can not revive the boy with my sword.” He walked away with Kohaku leaving a crying Sango behind. Miroku collected her and they lied down on their futon and everyone fell asleep. When morning came, after leaving Rin and Shippo behind, they started out on what would be their last journey to find Naraku.

They didn’t get two miles out of the village when he attacked. All the fighters made a circle around Kohaku. Naraku laughed as he sent out a swarm of samiyosho, disabling Miroku’s wind tunnel. Inuyasha and Kagome pulled out their swords and stood back to back. At the same time, the couple attacked. They separated and jumped up just in front of the evil hanyou. They both came down at the same time attacking with the windscar. At such as close range, the attack was devastating. This gave an opening for Sesshomaru to attack with the Tenseiga. This nearly completely destroyed Naraku. Kohaku gave Sango one last look and mouthed ’ Goodbye, sister.’. He, just as planned, ran towards Kagome. She grabbed him and ran to what was left of Naraku. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru leaped out of the way. Kagome held Kohaku as she jumped in front of Naraku and searched for the jewel. Finding it, she turned and watched as Kohaku took out his weapon and dug the shard out of his back. As his body fell, Kagome put as much miko energy into his shard as she could. She plunged the overly purified shard into his body joining it with the rest of it. This caused the nearly whole jewel inside to completely purify, making Naraku no more.

With Naraku’s defeat, the samiyosho disappeared. Inuyasha took Kohaku’s body and brought it to Sango, who was sitting on the ground sobbing into Miroku’s robes. Inuyasha put Kohaku down and looked to Miroku for the final proof of Naraku’s demise. He pulled Sango off his chest and began to unwrap his right hand. Everyone held their breath. Miroku pulled back the cloth to find a perfectly whole hand. Sango threw her arms around his neck and cried “ Thank Kami!” Kagome and Inuyasha smiled and stood with his arm around her shoulder. She fingered the jewel and thought about how they were going to get rid of it. Inuyasha noticed Sesshomaru staring down at something. As he came closer, he heard him whisper “ We got him. You can rest now.” Sesshomaru then heard his brother approaching and moved quickly to put the object back in his haori. He wasn’t quick enough and Inuyasha saw it, a white feather. He put a hand on the Taiyoukai’s back and said “ You don’t need to explain.”.

They all returned to the village. After spending the night, Sesshomaru, Rin and Jaken left. They buried Kohaku in the village graveyard. After returning to the slayers village, Sango decided to demolish it. The village was no longer her home. It brought nothing but sad memories to her. Everyone settled down back in the village.

Just as Inuyasha was about to continue the story, Hakkaku interrupted him. Over the speaker, he announced that they had made good time and were landing in about 15 minutes. Everyone buckled up and waited for the plane to land. Inuyasha promised to finish the story whenever they had time. They landed and they collected their bags. As they left the terminal, Becky looked up and she gasped. She had walked right into Sesshomaru.