InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Waiting Forever for You ❯ Reunions ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I don’t own Inuyasha or James Bond. I make no money from this.


Chapter 7: Reunions



Inuyasha came up next to the two that had just bumped into each other. He startled them as he introduced them to each other. “Becky, this is my brother Sess. Better known as Sesshomaru. Sess, this is Becky, the woman I told you about.”

Sess turned to his brother and told him “ We have many years to catch up on., but here’s not the place to do it. Let’s go home.” They piled the luggage in the trunk and got in the car. It being a busy day at the airport, it took twenty minutes to leave the place.

As they drove through the streets of Tokyo, everyone pointed out places of interest to Becky. They pointed out the Tokyo Tower, the Shogakukan Inc. building, Kagome’s old school, and a couple of small shrines. As the skyscrapers slowly turned into houses and small patches of forest, Becky noticed Sess start to become worried. She noticed that his worry was focused on Kagome and Inuyasha. The once happy and joking couple had suddenly turned jumpy and frightened. They slumped down in their seats and nervously looked out the window. Ayame looked where they were looking and realized where they were and why they were so nervous.

“ Sess! The Higurashi shrine is right across the street! Kagome and Inuyasha don’t leave for the past permanently until tomorrow!” Ayame said in a panic. Sess looked at his brother and his mate in the rear view mirror and sighed. “ I can’t do anything but pray that their past selves don’t notice us. There’s a car accident up ahead and I can’t go anywhere.” Everyone sat in the car hoping everything would be alright.

Meanwhile, at the Higurashi shrine, they were in the middle of a big move. Inuyasha had been moving boxes and furniture all day and was almost finished. As he was going to get the last box to bring back to the feudal era, he looked down the shrine steps. He looked down to see what Kagome had told him were called cars. There was actually a long line of them that started about a block away from the shrine where there was an accident. The last car in line however was what grabbed his attention.

Coming from the car, besides the normal oil, rubber, and smoky smells were four familiar smells and one that was foreign but somewhat familiar. He breathed in deeper and couldn’t believe what he smelled. He thought to himself ‘There’s no way! How can Kagome and I be in two places at once! Why would Sesshomaru and Ayame be in there too? Why does the other one smell like Kagura? She smells like her, but Naraku’s stench isn’t on her!’ He was brought out of his thoughts by Kagome running up to him and telling him dinner was ready. He noticed her nose start to twitch and panicked. Quickly, he pulled her to him burying her nose into his haori until he saw the traffic start to finally move. Sighing, he let go, put his arm around her shoulders and walked back to the house with her. He looked back and as he saw the car drive away, he smiled and thought to himself ’ I guess we’ll have a bright future after all.’ He joined Kagome at the dinner table, put his arm around her, and laid his hand on her slightly swollen belly. As Mrs. Higurashi put the fish on the table, a flower blew in through the open window. It slowly floated down next to his hand that was on her abdomen. They looked at each other and both said the name of the flower that had drifted in “Sakura.”

At the same time, about a block away, Kagome and Inuyasha both jumped up from the slouched position they were in. They both looked at each other and smiled as they both remembered how they named their first little girl and Inuyasha remembered smelling those five smells that told him everything was going to be alright.

As they were on their way home, across town, Hojo was once again taken over by an evil spirit. He looked to see his servant who was still wearing the disguise she wore to make her look like Hojo’s sister. “Kanna, it seems like your sister is finally back in Tokyo. It also seems like she’s made friends with that group of pathetic demons. I guess she’ll have to learn, yet again, that you don’t mess with me. We’ll keep an eye on her and just when it will hurt the most, Wham! She’ll get exactly what she deserves.” Kanna just nodded and they walked home. As they got to Hojo’s house, Hojo returned to himself and Kanna, again, put on her sisterly act. She happily grabbed Hojo’s hand and ran around the front yard with him. As they played, she wondered ‘ Sister, when will I be free like you?’

They finally reached home about ten minutes later. As they entered the gate, Becky suddenly felt a great sadness and one name floated around in her head ‘ Kanna’ . She looked out the window to see a large mansion come into view. It was made of white stone and concrete. A red roof and shutters completed the look on the outside. Everyone got out, got their bags and went inside. They entered a large foyer and Becky was surprised at the very simple design and decoration of the house. To her left were two doorways, one leading to a living room and one leading to a what must have been a game room, since it had a large pool table in it. On her right, their was a large dining room with a table large enough to hold at least twenty people. Just past the dining room was a large kitchen. Directly ahead of her was a fight of stairs that led to the second floor. She could see both the second and third floors from the first. It reminded her of the front of a New York City building except instead of windows they were doors.

Sess saw her looking around and caught her attention by telling everyone “ I’ll let you guys unpack while I show Becky to her room.” He grabbed her suitcases and led her up the stairs. At the second floor landing, he stopped. He pointed out where everyone’s room was. On the left of the stairs, there were four rooms. Starting from the furthest from the stairs coming closer were: Nami’s room, Sakura’s room, Shippo’s room, and Inuyasha and Kagome’s room. On the right were four more rooms. In the same order he told her who was in which room: the first two were empty, then there was Ginta’s room, and finally Koga and Ayame’s room. She waited for him to bring her to one of the empty rooms on the side that she guessed was for anybody in Koga’s family.

He went to continue up to the third floor until he noticed he wasn’t being followed. He looked down to see Becky with a confused look on her face. He smiled and told her “ It’s too crowded on this floor, since all the kids are here. I’m putting you on the third floor with Rin and I.” Becky nodded and followed him up the stairs. When they got to the third floor he again showed her everyone’s room. On the left of the stairs was only one large room which was his. On the right was in the same order as before: two empty rooms, the room Becky would be staying in and finally Rin’s room. He brought her to her room and asked her if he could help her unpack. She let him and he took one of her suitcases. As he unpacked it he realized he had her work clothes suitcase. He hung her two suits up smirking at the red pantsuit with the white silk tank top. He became saddened when the suit started to remind him of Kagura’s kimono.

As if sensing it, she turned to see Sess staring at her red suit. She realized what he must be thinking of and asked him “ How has Rin adjusted to becoming a demon?” to stop his thoughts. He looked up and with a grateful look, told her all about it. While they finished unpacking, he told her how at first it was actually painful, since her human blood was treating the demonic blood like it was a disease. It took two weeks of being deathly sick for the demonic blood to win the fight. Thankfully, for him, he was knocked out by the loss of blood, since he had to replace nearly every drop of her blood with his. The only time he was awake was in the beginning when she first started to fight the demonic blood. Even that only day he was awake, it nearly crushed his heart to see Rin in so much pain because of him. He knew everything would be alright when as he started to close his eyes she, even in excruciating pain, she smiled and told him “ I’ll be okay, Papa. You can rest now.”

Becky saw a single tear start to fall and she started to come across the room to see if he was alright, when he stopped her by continuing the story. “ Two weeks later I awoke to see Rin’s smiling face staring into mine. I completely freaked out and checked her all over. She was okay. Kagome was in the corner. Seeing that I was alright, she started to put away all of her medical supplies. Thankfully, she is very smart and she was able to go to school to become a doctor. She was the one who told us the modern way of transferring blood between people. Normally, I would bite Rin and I’d have to constantly hold her and keep biting her and myself to keep the blood flowing. It’s very tedious and you always need someone to keep you alert. With Kagome’s method, I knew Rin would be safe and I didn’t have to worry about overexerting myself. Again though, I was so glad Kagome was there. We actually had no idea she would get that sick from my blood. About a month later, we found out she had gotten so sick because of the poison in my blood. Myoga told us. Now, she loves her power and shows it off whenever she can. She constantly tells me that the two weeks of pain were totally worth it.”

They continued to unpack. When they finished, Becky realized her hair was a mess. As she fixed it into a ponytail, she learned that Rin is now studying to become a doctor like Kagome. Sess heard everyone start to go downstairs and informed Becky. The two came down and joined everyone in the living room. They talked about where to go to dinner since the whole family would be there. After deciding on a casual restaurant serving American, Japanese and Korean food, they started talking about some of the new movies playing at the Tokyo Cineplex. Sess had gotten up to get the paper to see what time the new James Bond movie was playing tomorrow, when he saw a black flash before he was knocked to the ground. He started to get angry at his ‘attacker’ until he saw her face. He chuckled and playfully threw her off. He jumped up and smiled at Becky as he told her “ Becky, this is my little ball of energy, Rin.”

Becky looked up to see the same girl she had seen in the manga and anime all grown up. The top of her head now reached Sess’s shoulder. She looked completely human until she took off her silver watch. Her hair turned completely white to match Sess’s hair. As she turned to hug Sess hello, her hair moved to reveal that her ears also now looked exactly like Sess’s. She let go, and when she realized the rest of her family was back, she proceeded to hug each one of them. She got nervous when she realized Becky was in the room. She started to put her watch back on until Sess’s hand stopped her. “ It’s alright. She knows about us. She’s the woman I told you about.”

Rin grabbed Becky’s hand and shook it excitedly. “Your Becky! Oh my god! Papa’s been waiting for you forever!” Both Becky and Sess blushed. As she was about to continue her babbling and maybe say something she shouldn’t, a red flash grabbed her and kissed her to shut her up. After they started to really get into it, Inuyasha and Sess both shouted “ Not in front of us!!!” When Rin let go of her mystery man Becky saw it was none other than Shippo. He looked around Rin’s shoulders to see his adopted father and mother standing in the living room. “Dad, Mom, What are you doing here?” he said panicked. Becky watched as father and son engaged in a shouting match over Rin.

A loud whistle stopped the argument. Standing in the doorway were four more demons. The man who whistled, who appeared to be as old as Sess, spoke up “ Still can’t bear to see your son grow up can you mutt- face?” Ayame jumped off the couch, ran to the doorway and hugged the man. “Koga, I missed you!” she shouted. As they kissed the boy to their left made gagging sounds. They stopped and turned to look at him. “Ginta, must you do that every time we kiss?” Ayame asked. “ Yes. That’s gross.”

The two female demons left looked almost like twins. One was older than the other by about a year or two, Becky guessed. The elder sister had white hair with black streaks, while the younger had black hair with white streaks. Both sisters ran and threw themselves into Kagome and Inuyasha’s arms. “Mom, Dad, We missed you!” the two shouted in unison. “Sakura, Nami, We missed you too.” Kagome replied.

After everyone settled down, they each introduced themselves to Becky. Families sat together as they caught up with each other. She listened as they talked about college, medical school, and work. She found out that Rin went to medical school, while Shippo, Sakura, and Nami went to college, and Ginta worked with Koga and Sess at Shogakukan Inc.. They all got ready to go to dinner. After checking their concealment charms, they got into their cars and left. As they all laughed and joked, everyone but the kids had a nagging suspicion in the backs of their minds that something bad was yet to happen.