InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Waiting Forever for You ❯ History repeats itself ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I don’t own Inuyasha. I make no money from this.



Chapter 8: History repeats itself


As they ate, the group laughed, joked and told stories of the past. Becky watched as Rin and Shippo snuck kisses while their parents weren’t looking. They finished eating and decided to go to that movie. They got out of the theater a little after eleven and made their way back to the house.

Meanwhile, the evil had taken over Hojo once again. Naraku now sat in his place. He sat in the basement of his house with Kanna at his side. She had been scared when she saw him start to gather the ingredients for the spell that would return Kagura’s heart to him. She didn’t want her to go through that again. The first time it happened, Naraku was powerful enough to do it without the spell and it had been excruciatingly painful then. With the spell, the pain would be twice as worse. At about 11:30 he was ready to start the spell. It would take about fifteen minutes to perform with all the chanting. Kanna stood next to him with no expression on her face, but inside she was scared and sad for her sister. The only good thing was she knew that Kagura was now in good hands with Inuyasha and his family.

At the house, everyone started to get ready for bed. Everyone else was going downstairs to watch a little TV before bed, when Sess knocked on Becky’s door. She let him in and went to fix her ponytail in front of the mirror. As she fixed her hair, Sess couldn’t help but notice the small solid ruby heart hanging off her gold chain. He went to her and told her “ That’s a pretty charm. Where did you get it?”

“I don’t really know. On my sixteenth birthday, my mom handed this to me saying it was a present from a friend of the family. She told me to put it on and never take it off. Also she told me never to look in a mirror or let anyone see me if I did have to take it off. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say this charm is to conceal something like Inuyasha’s hair tie or Kagome’s ring.”

At her last comment, Sess reached for the necklace taking it off. Becky panicked and tried to make a grab for the necklace. He held her and turned her towards the mirror. They both watched as she turned demon. Her eyes turned red and her ears started to look like Sess’s. Her youkai made its presence known as the breeze picked up in the room.

At the house across town, Naraku felt it as Becky’s demonic powers came to the surface. Immediately, he started to chant as he mixed the potion in the pot before him. He had been waiting for this moment for hundreds of years.

Sess held Becky as her powers fluctuated from nothing to full power. She took a couple of minutes to get control. Afterwards, saying she felt weak, lied down in the bed. Little did she know it wasn’t from her powers awakening, but Naraku’s spell. Minutes went by and she still felt weak. Sess knew something was wrong, that she should have only taken about a minute to become stronger again. By this time Kagome and Inuyasha were in the room trying to keep everyone else out.

Kagome looked Becky over. Her demonic power was fine but their was a strange aura around her. The aura seemed to be, if she wasn’t seeing things, seeping into her chest near her heart. She immediately tried to purify it with her miko power, but was blasted across the room when the powers collided. Becky started to moan, clutching her chest.

Sess quickly grabbed her and held her as the pain quickly became worse. He looked at the clock and noticed it had been about fourteen minutes since her powers surfaced. At fifteen minute mark exactly, Becky made a desperate grab for Sess’s shirt. A second later, the aura doubled in size and Becky’ s blood curdling screams filled the room. They all could do nothing as they watched her scream and clutch both her own chest and Sess’s shirt.

Sess became angry as he watched the woman in his arms. He could do nothing but hold her until the pain subsided. He wracked his brain trying to figure out what was causing her so much pain. Eventually, he remembered what had happened right before Kagura died. The same aura surrounded her body that day too and it also seeped into her chest. He looked up at his brother and said “ This is Naraku’s doing. He’s taking her heart back again. Damn it!

Half a hour later, she had one last huge surge of pain before Sess could no longer hear her heart beat. She lied still for a moment and then suddenly gasped and opened her eyes. In that moment, her full memory returned. Between everything she remembered and what had just happened, she broke down in tears. Sess held her and she eventually calmed down. As she drifted off to sleep, Sess went to get off the bed. A hand on his arm stopped him. Becky looked up at him and whispered “ Don’t leave, please.”. He stopped and she fell asleep.

All this time, Inuyasha sat on the small bench in front of the vanity holding Kagome on his lap. He knew what Sess was going through, knowing there was nothing that could be done. There had been a demon that had kidnapped Kagome while she had been pregnant with Sakura. The demon, Yami, had Kagome surrounded by a barrier made of nothing but dark energy. Normally, this would be no problem as Kagome could just bust through it with her miko powers, but since she was pregnant she couldn’t use her miko powers. Using her powers could have, if not kill, seriously injure the hanyou growing in her body. She found out later after Sakura was born that all her children would inherit her miko powers, so using them while pregnant wouldn’t hurt the baby. Yami was defeated when, since he was weak, Sango’s boomerang bone cut him in half. The barrier was dissolved and Kagome and the baby were safe.

Inuyasha looked up to see that Becky had fallen asleep. He was brought out of his memory when Becky asked Sess not to leave. Inuyasha hadn’t seen Sess this angry since they had faced Naraku hundreds of years ago. After a last look at Becky, Sess turned his attentions to Inuyasha and Kagome. His voice actually trembled as he told them “ How many times do we have to kill this bastard?! How many more lives must he ruin before he’s satisfied?! When I find him again, he’ll wish he never survived!”

At that moment Rin was at his side. She hugged her Papa and brushed a hair away from Becky’s face. Sess looked up into Rin’s eyes to see a determination he had never seen before. Her voice was strong, where her Papa’s was not. She said with a voice that was eerily just like her Papa’s “ We’ll get him this time. Mama won’t be hurt ever again.” At the word Mama he looked confused. Rin’s look softened and she answered his unspoken question. “ Yes. I’ve always thought of her as my Mama. I knew it was just a matter of time.” She became angry again thinking about Naraku and what he had done to Becky.

Kagome watched as Rin’s demonic power collided with another power as she got angrier. She realized what was happening. After 500 years, Rin’s miko powers were awakening. Shippo worried about his love started to run to her. Kagome got up and stopped him. As he thrashed in his mother’s arms, she warned him. “ You can’t go to her. She could very well kill you with powers she doesn’t know she has.” She then whispered to him in a sad voice “ I almost killed your father once like that.” “As my powers grew stronger I couldn’t control them. He ran to me like you almost did to Rin. Thankfully, since he’s half human his life was spared. You have to let her get rid of her excess power and let her take control.”

Sess watched in fascination as her miko powers surfaced. He had always thought there was something more to Rin and now he knew why. He filled with pride as he saw his daughter become stronger. He knew this time Naraku would be defeated for good, now that they had two mikos in their arsenal. Sess overheard Kagome tell Shippo her story. He had never known about this. She had told Shippo one lie though. Inuyasha was never in any danger. He stunned Kagome and Inuyasha by looking at them and saying “ Inuyasha’s mother was a miko too. He was never in any danger that day.”

At this statement, Inuyasha freaked out. “What?! No, she wasn’t, she was just a human. A princess, but a human none the less.”

“No, she was also a miko. Father told me. She actually almost killed him when they mated. Their powers collided but somehow they ended up being okay. When you were born, she realized she had passed her powers on to you. Father knew too, that’s why he named you Inuyasha. It means female dog demon. At the time he had never known any men to hold that kind of power so, mikos being female, he gave you that name. He wanted you to know about both your heritages.

After his explanation, Inuyasha calmed down. By this time Rin had let go of her excess energy and was in control of what was left. A little weak, her knees wobbled. Before she could fall, she was in Shippo’s arms. As they sat on the edge of the bed to let Rin rest, Inuyasha asked Sess the one question floating around in his mind. “If I have them, where are these powers?”

“You no longer have them. When you mated with Kagome, she took them with your demonic power. I noticed this when I visited you right after you mated. Before that, it was buried, hidden, within your demonic power. You never would have known they were there. You may have actually used it without knowing.” Sess then remembered that everyone else was still at the door waiting.

Sess finally got his stoic voice back as he told everyone “ There is nothing that can be done tonight. We will go on with our lives as if nothing has happened. We will wait for him to make the first move. I have one rule that everyone must follow. No one is be alone at any time. We will be safer this way.” Shippo looked at Sess with a questioning gaze. He looked at Inuyasha and asked him through their link ’Are we ready for this?’

Inuyasha looked at Shippo and Rin on the bed and was instantly reminded of him and Kagome. He turned to Sess and answered ’Yes. As ready as we’ll ever be.’ Sess turned to Shippo. “We may not like it, but you two are meant for each other. Take care of her.” Rin smiled at Shippo and said “Thank you, Papa.”
Shippo, so happy Sess finally agreed to their union, kissed Rin right in front of everyone. Two brothers who had become more alike then twins, both sighed and rolled their eyes in unison and smiled at the newest couple.

Naraku sat in front of the cauldron, congratulating himself. He had watched through Kanna’s mirror as the pain ripped through Becky’s body and that Sess had no power to stop it. That’s when he saw Rin’s powers awaken. At seeing this, he panicked. This was not part of his plan. He knew how to stop one miko, not two. Also, when they awakened, he had actually felt it all the way on the other side of town. It had made his youkai quiver in fear. He carefully put Kagura/ Becky’s heart on the shelf in the same jar he had used over 500 years ago. After cleaning up, he called Kanna to him and he left the hidden room in the basement. As he watched the door to the room disappear into the wall, he thanked the Kamis for technology. He warned Kanna he was letting Hojo back out so she could put on her sisterly mask as he climbed the stairs.

Kanna looked at Hojo as he returned. She noticed that the switches were starting to hurt him. This had never happened before. He at first moaned and held his head. A minute later he screamed in pain and then, nothing. He looked down and saw the concerned look on Kanna’s face. “Kanna, What’s wrong?” he asked. She smiled and thankful Hojo was back, told him “ Nothing, Hojo.” As the two went off to get ready for bed, inside Hojo, Naraku pondered his next move. As he saw Hojo tuck Kanna into bed and kiss her goodnight, he thought ‘ I can stop Kagome, but I fear Rin is way more powerful than Kagome ever was.’