InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ when friends find out ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter two

For the purposes of this story, Kagome's mother is a professional Calligrapher (the art, and I mean art of writing) and artist. She specializes in traditional landscapes done in older traditional styles.
________________________

Next morning, in the dinning room of the Higurashi house.

"Mom, are you sure I have to go school? I want to stay home and help you with Kagome!" Sota asks with a pleading expression on his face.

Mrs. H ruffles his hair and says, "You are going to school, not goof off at home."

Sota with a sigh and sad expression goes to school.

"Daughter, here is that old family cure for bruises I started looking for last night after I saw Kagome." Kagome's Grandfather says as he hands his daughter a piece of paper.

"Thank you, father."

"I'll be at the shrine's tourist store on the street if you need any help."

"I know, father."

Mrs. H goes to the door and watches her father go down the steps. "Sighs . . . I really need to clean up, but . . . I have a feeling, I'll be in Kagome's room most of the day . . . " A noise comes from the well house. It sounds like the whine of a dog. She goes to the well house door. "Inu-Yasha?" she asks through the door.

"Yeah . . . She sealed the shrine . . . "

"Yes, she did. And before you ask I'm not removing the seal."

"Feh," scratching noises "How . . . How is . . . "

"She's asleep. She's hurt, Inu-yasha."

"Yeah. I know . . . Could you . . . Could, um mmm . . . could you please tell her . . . "

"Tell her what, Inu-yasha?"

"..."

Mrs. H puts her ear to the door. "Could you repeat that, Inu-yasha?"

Softly she hears, "Tell her I'm sorry . . . "

"Sorry for what?"

"..."

"I did not hear you."

"Everything . . . "

Mrs. H moves to the window and puts her hand through. "Go ahead and hold my hand," she says.

"Why?"

"I think you need it."

"..." Mrs. H feels the rough hand hold hers. "I did not protect her."

"Stop right there, Inu-yasha. I will hear the story from Kagome before I hear your side of the story."

"Feh . . . " Mrs. H feels Inu-yasha move her hand to the top of his head. She can feel his ears and by reflex she starts to rub them.

After a couple of minutes she jerks her hand back and says, "Inu-yasha, you sneaky little demon! I will not allow you to trick me into liking you. Right now, you're in my doghouse and you will stay there until I hear Kagome's story." She says in a stern tone of voice. Then in a lighter tone of voice she says, "However, do you need any food or water?"

"No, I can still go through the well."

"Very well. Please be quite. I do not need the neighbors complaining about noise. When she wakes up, I will tell her that you said you're sorry and that you are here. Whither or not she releases you . . . I will leave to her." She then goes back into the house.

After cleaning the kitchen she checks on Kagome. Already some of the bruises are fading and some of the smaller scratches are gone. "She always was a fast healer. But, nowadays . . . " she leaves the room.

She goes to the in-house art studio. Her special room where she can be herself. Once there, she closes the door behind her, and the anger and frustration of her situation begins to show. She picks up a small broom and starts to swipe at the art supplies, but stops herself before much damage is done. She drops the broom and goes over the easel and starts to rip up the half-completed landscape, but stops herself. "Damn, Damn, damn . . . Why . . . " She puts the piece of art back and goes to her desk. On it is a small painting of Kagome as a baby in a picture frame. She grabs the picture and holds it to her chest. "I never wanted to be an evil mother. Why, gods, why . . . please give me back my little girl . . . " after crying for several minutes she puts the picture back, wipes her face. "I must be strong, for her . . . " she whispers as she leaves the room.

Except for fixing a light lunch and preparing a quick soup for Kagome when she wakes up, Mrs. H stays by her daughter's side for rest of the day.

Mid-afternoon, Kagome's room . . .

"Ughhhh, I hurt . . . " Kagome mumbles as she wakes up.

"Kagome?" Mrs. H asks.

"Mom?"

"Shhh, you're in your bed. Your friends and I cleaned you up."

"So that wasn't a dream. They know . . . "

"Yes, I promised them the truth."

"ugh, . . . I suppose that's ok . . . "

"Do you think you can eat something? Or do you want to rest some more. I have some sleeping pills if you need them."

"Actually, mom, I need to use the bathroom . . . "

Mrs. H smiles, "I wasn't thinking . . . Do I need to get fathers' bed pan, or can you make it to the bathroom?"

"I'll make it to the bathroom, mom . . . "

"Even with your feet . . . "

"I will make it, Mother."

"Here lean on me and we'll make it." Mrs. H says as she grabs Kagome's arm and places it over her shoulder.

Later . . .

"Do you want to go back to your room and sleep, or to the kitchen and have some food?"

Kagome's stomach growls. "I think we've been overruled." She says with a small smile.

Mrs. H smiles back, "it's nice to see you smile."

"Yeah, the last week has been . . . "

"I'll hear about it later, but first you eat. Also I've got to make a couple of calls and tell you a couple of other things."

"Ok"

"Here put on this light house dress and we'll go downstairs."

Later . . .

"Sighs . . . Inu-yasha is stuck in the well house and my three very noisy friends are on their way . . . " Kagome stares at her mother. "And I thought the last week was bad . . . "

"I did not know what else to do . . . "

"It's Ok, mother. You did say Inu-yasha apologized." Mrs. H nods. Kagome bites her lower lip, then says, "I probably need to see Inu-yasha before they get here."

"Lean on me, dear."

At the well house . . .

"Kagome?" Inu-yasha asks through the door.

"I'm here, Inu-yasha." Kagome says. "Thank you for the apology. I'm sorry for what I said as well."

"Feh."There are some scratching sounds and the Inu-yasha says, "you going to open the door, or what?"

"Ops, Sorry, I forgot about the seal." Kagome says as she reaches for the seal and she takes it off.

Inu-yasha opens the door and picks Kagome up. "You shouldn't be standing." Inu-yasha face turns bright red, as he looks down the very loose house dress. He can tell Kagome has on panties and the house dress and nothing else . . .

"Thank you, I think . . . " Kagome says as she gathers the loose house dress up around her as her face also turns bright red.

"NO, sit, boy?" Inu-yasha asks.

"When you let go. I've made the mistake of doing that in your arms too many times."

"Feh . . . and when will I let you go . . . "

"And you will let her down, Inu-yasha." Mrs. H says, reminding the two that she is still there. "When she says."

Inu-yasha looks at her and growls.

"Don't growl at me. If my daughter thinks you deserve a sit, boy, you deserve it."

"Take me inside, Inu-yasha, please."

Later . . . inside. and after the sit. . .

"Inu-yasha, my friends will be here soon and they will have questions. Do you wish to stay or leave?"

"Inu-yasha, I would prefer you to leave. I would like to hear Kagome's story without you being present."

Inu-yasha stares at Kagome's mother. He licks his lips, looks at Kagome. "It'll be all right Inu-yasha. I'm safe. And my mother deserves to hear the story the way she wants."

Inu-yasha stares hard at Mrs. H. "I'll wait until they arrive. Then I decide whither I stay or go." He growls out.

"I need to go down to the store and give my father some money and tell him to take Sota to the movies when he comes home from school. I do not need Sota or your grandfather around during this." Mrs. H says as she goes out the door.

"Inu-yasha, My mother . . . "

"Grrr . . . I decide my actions, nobody else. And that is final."

Later . . .

Ayumi, Eri and Yuka knock on the front door and they are let in by Mrs. H. Kagome and Inu-yasha were sitting in the living room. Inu-yasha gets up and moves toward them as they enter.

"He's Here!"
"Your name is Inu-yasha, right?"
"How did you get that beautiful head of hair?"

The three exclaim as they see Inu-yasha. They all rush to Inu-Yasha's side. Ayumi beats the other two in trying to touch his ears. Inu-yasha growls, places his hand on his sword and an angry expression appears on his face. All three "Ek!" in fright and fall over themselves trying to away from him.

"Inu-yasha! Sit, boy!"

Thump! "Bitch!"

Kagome has been lounging around ever since she woke as she still tried and worn out. She quickly gets up and goes to Inu-yasha, grabs his hair and lifts his head off the ground. "These are my friends! You will not scare them! Sit, boy!" she yells as she holds onto his hair, you can see the top of Inu-yasha scalp pull away from his skull, before she lets the hair go. " Inu-yasha, you will treat my friends better then that!"

"That Hurt! Bitch! Wench!"

"Do that again and I'll break your back!" Kagome screams in his face as she lifts his head up again. "I've known them forever, Inu-yasha!"

"Kagome! Inu-yasha! Stop that right now!" Mrs. H screams!

Kagome and Inu-yasha look at Mrs. H and then look at each other, then, Kagome says, "Ok, mother . . . Inu-yasha, I want you to apologize to my friends for scaring them."

"Feh, why should . . . " Inu-yasha starts, but Mrs. H interrupts.

"I also think your friends should apologize to Inu-yasha for their impolite actions."

"Yes, Mrs. Higurashi." The three chorus. "We've sorry, Inu-yasha." They say as they bow.

"Feh . . . "

"You can do it better than that . . . "

"Even idiot wenches should know better than to charge a demon. I could have pulled the sword and attacked. I went easy on them."

"Inu-yasha . . . "

Inu-yasha turns to face the girls, "Grrr . . . I could have done things differently." Inu-yasha turns to Kagome, puts his arms across his chest, and says, "That's all I'm going to say."

" I'm sorry, Ayumi, Eri, Yuka. But that's as much of an apology as you're likely to get."

"It's Ok, Kagome." The three girls say.

"I'm going out." Inu-yasha growls out as he leaves.

"I should have know what you guys would do and told him."

"Why did he go off like that?" Eri asks.

"Hmm . . . I don't know much of his past, but . . . Remember how everybody picked on Usagi."

"That girl from a couple of years ago with the bunny-shaped birthmark on her face?"
"The girl that was always getting picked on and roughed up?"
"You never did like how everyone else was treating her."

"Yes. Now image somebody growing up with Inu-yasha's ears and white hair. And growing up when violence, any type of violence, was a lot more common."

The three girls look at each other. Ayumi says in a soft voice, "He must have had a lot of fights growing up . . . "

"Yes, from what I know of it, that's right. I think, though, he's never told me, that people trying to cut off or hurt his ears was something that happened to him a lot. And, anyway, he does not like people getting close to him."

"So, when we jumped him . . . "

"Yeah, he didn't think, just reacted."

"Poor boy . . . "

"Yeah . . . "

Sigh . . . "I suppose you three want an explanation now?" Kagome says with a slight smile.

"Yes!"
"We spent all night thinking up questions!"
"And you better have some answers!"

End chapter two

Kagome's story next time, I promise. Mrs H... sort of took over there for a while.