InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When I'm Apart From You ❯ Renkotsu Tells All ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well, here I am, writing on the next chapter of When I’m Apart From You. Sorry for the wait, I’ve been up to a lot of things as of lately. Reports, prom and a whole lot of senior things as soon as I graduate, I’ll have more time to deal with my fanfics.

Anyway, here is Chapter 6 of my little multi-part fanfic.

If you want updates, please join my updates list in my author’s name. I also have other fanfics with this pairing, if you want to read them, feel free to leave a review. I love reviews, so please don’t hesitate to push that button and leave me something nice to read.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When I’m Apart From You.....

Chapter 6: Renkotsu Tells All

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Sir.” Renkotsu approached Naraku, who in turn, gave him a slight twist of the head in recognition.

“I do not like to tell secrets...”Renkotsu began, “But I feel that it is my duty to you as well as the prince. “

“I’m listening.” Naraku gave the bald servant his full attention.

“Three weeks ago, when the moon was full, everyone was venturing downward towards the pond, where the prince often times loves to sit. The prince staggered and almost fell into the water, when something most abnormal happened.”

The feudal lord arched an eye brow in inquisitiveness.

“In an instant, a young samurai caught him and prevented him from falling into the pond. We could all see a glimmer of him, but your son had seen him most distinctively. Before the man could be thanked, he had vanished, in what seemed to be thin air. “ Renkotsu noted.

“None of us understand how it was possible how a man would get into the gardens of the prince, the gates of the castle are guarded heavily on all sides and the prince’s garden is so much better guarded than the rest that it seems truly incredible that a man could get in. We were asked to say nothing for fear of your lordship's anger. Since that evening it is that our beloved prince Jakotsu has been sick, sir. It is sickness of the heart. He is deeply in love with the young samurai he saw for so brief a space. Indeed, my lord, there never was such a handsome man in the world before, and if we cannot find him the young prince, I fear, will die.”

"How is it possible for a man to get into the grounds?" said Lord Naraku . "People say foxes and badgers assume the figures of men sometimes; but even so it is impossible for such supernatural beings to enter my castle grounds, guarded as it is at every opening."

“I have no idea, sir, but somehow this man is able to penetrate our forces, sight unseen and sense unfelt.” Renkotsu added.

Suikotsu had been wandering through the crowd, searching for Renkotsu.

** Where could he have gone to? ** Suikotsu thought to himself as he sifted through the mass amounts of men who seemed to flood the castle room.

After a few long minuets passed of what seemed to be fruitless searching, something caught the young doctor’s ears.

“ We must find this young samurai, or the prince shall never be well.”

Suikotsu’s body seemed to snap in the indicated direction of Naraku’s voice. His eyes widened a bit.

** Samurai? ** He thought to himself. ** Does he mean the same one who had saved the prince? **

He had seen that Renkotsu and Naraku were engaged in a conversation.

** Renkotsu..**

**But how did he?**

Suikotsu had let his thoughts run rapid for a few moments.

** How does he know? Did he see the samurai as well?...No, that couldn’t be it. the prince only told me, and no one else had any comprehension of the situation. They just saw the prince almost fall, and seemed to be in a state of shock....None of them truly knew...Except me...**

The memories came back to Suikotsu’s brain...

“Oi, Suikotsu.” The taller man said.

“What is it, Prince?” The brown haired man asked.

“Could you stay for a while? I want to talk to you.”

“All right.”

They walked up to Jakotsu’s room and Suikotsu shut the door behind himself.

“Is there something wrong?” He asked.

“ Did you see him?” The dark haired boy asked. “He was at least 17. He must have been -- a samurai of the highest order. His dress was covered with my favorite peonies, and he carried a rather large sword. It looked to heavy for him to lift, but he seemed to have amazing strength. Oh I wish that I could have seen him a minute longer, to thank him for saving me from the water! Who can he be? And how could he have got into our gardens, through all the guards?"

Jakotsu talked throughout the night to his most trusted friend, making him promise not to tell his father. If his father found out about the young samurai, he would behead him for trespassing. The young man didn’t want his father to find him.

** But, that conversation was supposed to be between Jakotsu and him...could it have been possible that Renkotsu overheard? **

** But no one was there...At least he had thought....All of the suitors and friends of the prince had went to bed. **

** How could Renkotsu have known? **

**How could he betray the prince? **

** He was sworn into secrecy...**

** How could he? **

But he was....

There he was, talking to Naraku-dono about he and Jakotsu’s conversation.

After about 10 more minutes of what seemed to be idle chit-chat, Renkotsu and Naraku departed from each other.

Renkotsu took a few steps over and talked with Mukotsu for a few minutes.

 Suikotsu sat there, contemplating to himself. How could Renkotsu do this? ...

** I suppose there’s nothing I can do for now... ** The doctor thought to himself.

** I guess I’ll have to grin and bear it, now that Naraku-dono knows about the samurai, I wonder what he’ll try to do when he catches him....If he does.... **

Soon after, Lord Naraku let the others out to conversate among themselves.

The men stood each in their respected groups. Each talking of what Lord Naraku had been saying and wondering if they had failed in telling him any information that was worthy to him before he gave them their death.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well, that’s the end of this chapter. It was short chapter. ^^; I promise a longer chapter next time, since this one is so short, but there wasn’t really enough to put in this chapter. There was just Suikotsu’s thoughts about the recent terms of events.

I think this story is getting put together pretty nicely. If you want to join an update list, it’s in my bio on ff.net.

R&R!!