InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When In Rome ❯ Capitolo Due: Stranded ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-~-

When In Rome

-~-

Summery: He hates his life; he has no freedom. She loves hers. What happens when theses two meet by fate, grabbing the wrong suitcases? Can their friends, midnight walks, bars, parties, stubborn problems, jealous emotions, and hotel rooms show them what they mean to each other? With this all going on, InuYasha hides a secret, and is getting help with his friends to keep him away from it. But when the truth is really out, will Kagome still accept him after it: if it involves the Tokyo police? Or will she purposely forget him, even if it means deadly `Miko Heartbreak'?

A/n: Sorry if any mistakes, my Beta-Reader is sick and isn't able to move.. grrr

::

Disclaimer: I really, really, really, really, really, REALLY want InuYasha, but as you see- *readers gaze around Authors computer room*- I have NO InuYasha!

*Muffled yells, stomps, and loud thuds echo from the roof above her, making dust fall and cause readers to look up.*

O.O

Pay no attention to that, large dog-- rats, yes, large rats make.. large sounds.

-_-;

::

Today's quote: A magazine is not a mirror.

::

Capitolo Due: Stranded

Red, Orange, and Pink pastel colored wisp clouds grazed over the rising sun, making the Roman city light up and come to life. With the hint of rich smelling Italian bread baking slowly, melting into the tangy air. The hot golden sun slowly lifted higher, almost like a smile reaching the lips of a child, awaking the millions of Romans from their slumber. And the balcony window of room 102 was open, tickling the objects in the room with its warm copper light. Moans and groans of protest filled the room, as the rays fell onto the Japanese girls hiding under squishy, comfortable pillows and warm blankets.

To add to the evil awaking plans, Kagome's electrical watch alarm suddenly went off, beeping annoying on the golden-Carmel wood bedside table. Growling under her now-flat feather pillow, Kagome desperately tried to block out the screaming of her watch. Kami only knows why she bought the stupid thing anyway. Rolling over onto her side, she failed swatting the clock off the tabletop. Growling unharmingly, as if it would work in some amazingly strange way, she once again mentally flunked to turn off the small alarm clock.

`I'm just going to ignore it,' she wearily thought, digging her face into the mattress again.

The thundering noise only got louder and the girl, predictably, got more frustrated.

Wouldn't it be easier to just push the snooze button on the watch, putting it out of its ringing misery and the poor girls as well?

Kagome Higurashi was stubborn, deal with it.

Putting those words into thought, Kagome snuck her hand out from under the warm silky safety of the blankets. Then she began to slowly inch her hand closer to the machine on the table-

*Beep, beep, beep, be- click*

Dark hazel eyes opened in a record time flash, belonging to the suddenly confused messy-haired girl. Kagome shifted in the bed again, wondering if the clock died on its own ring like she hoped it had did earlier. Toes crept along on the inside of the warm bed, and then backed away as it found a cold spot on the bed. Shivering as goose bumps ran up her body, Kagome snuggled closer into her pillow, hoping that her mind would soon drift off into `la-la land'. She still hadn't had her pj's on, since her bag had been confused with another, but her friends were generous to give her an extra pair.

A pair of silky black baggy pants, and an original white wife beater: complementary from the stolen goodie bag.

`After all that crying', Kagome thought a bit happily, `that bag actually came in handy for something.'

Snuggling into the warm blanket again, she closed her eyes, smiling at the thought of something to drift her off into sleep-

You know that feeling, that someone is watching you with cold glaring eyes?

Kagome's eyes shot open again, and her blinking eyes (mostly white could be seen because of her head in the pillow) questionably looked around without lifting her head. The puzzled girl scrunched up her nose in confusion, wondering what was keeping her from sleeping. It had to be the second time she felt the same gaze that morning, but the first time didn't seem to be bothering her before.. why was it now?

Small and smoky ideas started forming in her head, as she wearily put herself into a sitting position.

"Oh.." Kagome realized softly, staring ahead. "I'm in trouble for waking you up with my watch, aren't I? Umm.. Ohayoo Gozaimasu (Good Morning)? Please don't hurt me!" She squeaked.

Two grumpy and tired faces glowered at her, standing at the end of her shared bed with Satori.

`Number one:' Kagome thought, swallowing as her friends advanced on her. `Never ever, ever, buy a new electrical clock without knowing how to set the alarm clock right.. because dangerous things could happen…'

.

-

.

The long beige painted hallways held breath taking pictures, mostly paintings, but with a few amazing sites around ancient Rome. The plush carpet of the hallway was a royal red, the color of pure, simple and beautiful, and the exception of blood from a battle. Upon the silken colored walls, were frosted glass lanterns, sparkling with all their might to make it into the décor. Dark brown eyes once again flushed around the hallway, flickering over the many wooden mahogany wooden doors with golden numbers teasing her. Growling, the tired girl wondered if `her' so called friends were going to let her in anytime soon.

"I can't believe they kicked me out of the room." Kagome groaned out.

It had likely been over two hours since her friends had pushed her out the door, then returning back to their peaceful slumber, and Kagome bitterly thought of her warm bed again. The girls of course, wanted more sleep, and they were also very aware that if Kagome got the chance to sleep in, by kami she would sleep in.

Her record was 9:00 p.m. the next day, and her friends were not quite pleased about it.

Getting to her feet, she grimaced at the painfully famished rumbling of her stomach. `So much for eating breakfast in bed,' she thought dryly, scrunching up her face as she walked down the hallway.

"At least they gave me a change of clothes.."

.

-

.

"YOU BAKA GAKI (YOU STUPID PUNK)! STOP GROPING ME FOR A SECOND WILL YA? AND DO IT FAST BEFORE I POUND YOUR HEAD IN!"

A loud slam echoed harshly in the hallway, and room 201 shook as a fuming girl with bright red cheeks stalked into the empty (and silent) hallway. Heavy waves of anger violently rippled around her, and not one single thing dared to get in her way..

Except for the perverted boy who laid unconscious on the floor inside, with a purpling

Tattoo on his left cheek.

Sango Shira rubbed her right fist in her palm, trying to sooth it as the redness slowly left the skin. `One of these days I'm just going to kill him, I'm going to make it quick and painfulness.' She greedily thought, ` and then I wont worry about being groped.. Sick bastard.'

Closing her eyes and taking deep reassuring breaths, she thought of peaceful things to calm her down so she could go on with her day. Quickly her fists broke apart and her fingers hung loosely as her hometown came slowly into focus, the luscious green grass hills filled with puckering wildflowers, the deep smell of the forest trees, the tall mountains, and the small and unique houses.. Everything.

For once in several days, Sango actually let a happy and true smile lick her lips..

Sighing slightly, she turned on her heal and headed down the hallway with the smell of flowers in her lungs and her fingers itching for a cup of fresh morning black coffee. Like most people, Sango was different in her own way, and if she didn't have her coffee.. Who knows what punishment she would give to Miroku.

Nearing the large lounging room within the hotel, Sango started to notice the soft piano music playing in the background and the walls going into pinkish beige colors with silver swirls painted on. The room was just how it was pictured when they came in later that night, the crystal chandeliers sparkling, dimmed lights (which were not needed as the sun's light filled the glorious room), and the people chatting about their activities for later that day.

Sango sighed, why couldn't her life be simple and pure? But it was exciting she realized, it always was, always something to make her heart race and her fingers itch. Her life was easy before she was transferred, but it wasn't as thrilling as it was now. Okay, she admitted her new life was a bit out of the normal, but that's what made it worth living for. Sango's eyes sketched over the half full room, pausing to look for things out of place. Such as police lurking around, men with InuYasha's same silver hair and even people who looked too innocent for their own good.

"It's her.."

A girl walked into the room, passing by her shoulder as she too scanned the room quickly for any possible disturbance. The girl was a bit taller that her, and had her hair pulled into a delicate messy bun, showing off her hair's natural highlights. The brunette turned around half way, and Sango saw the familiarance in the girls smile; the girl at the airport with the amazing brown eyes and the creamy golden skin.

It was Kagome Higurashi; the girl who actually stood up to InuYasha.

A insane smile ripped across her face.. Wouldn't Inu be pleased to see her?

After all, the girl seemed nice enough, and maybe Sango could actually have a friend who actually was a girl..

Perfect.

.

-

.

Kagome blushed as she weaved in and out of the morning crowd, friendly people smiling and waving at her politely. Waving a smile to an older woman with white hair that was drinking tea and reading a book with her granddaughter at her side on a lobby chair, Kagome went over to a small space by the lobby's desk.

Her hair was pulled into a last minute messy bun; her white button blouse was wrinkled from sleeping in it, a pair of black jeans with white pinstripes, and a charm bracelet on her strong wrist, glowed on her body. She felt so out of place, like a black sheep in a heard of white. `This is so embarrassing, why couldn't they give me some decent clothes?'

Taking deep breaths to take away her rosy cheeks, she headed out into the crowd of people again, in search of something to eat. Tugging on her white blouse to fall down in place, she wished she didn't have to wear her wrinkled white shirt she wore yesterday on the plane.

Small growls escaped her rosy lips, as she failed in tucking her shirt in to look at least a fit better. Kami-sama was so not on her side today.. He usually never was.. Like on her Driving Test.

Okay, it wasn't her fault the car didn't have good brakes!

Kagome let a small smile invade her face, but she kept her head down, watching her feet walk as if on water. Passing by two large French panel glass doors, Kagome noticed how the smell of bagels topped her lungs. A rumble hit her stomach again, and she walked a fit faster towards the delicious Breakfast smell.

Brushing past a girl who stood a few feet away from the entrance, Kagome could have swore she was a tad familiar.

"It's her.."

Kagome spun halfway around, trying to look as if scanning the room for something, so she could get a side view of the girl behind he-

It was that Sango girl! Sango Shira from the airport..

What was she doing here?

"I guess we keep on meeting up, you want to go to a small coffee corner by the hotel here?"

Spinning fully around, she smiled and Sango smiled right back..

Ahh, friendship at first smile..

.

-

.

The two girls headed over to a small Roman coffee corner, called `Java's Angolo' and had a small breakfast with a lot of talking involved. Sango told Kagome that she was spending a few weeks (together in all, a whole month) here in Rome with her friends, and then moving away from home into a familiar area, so they thought `why not Rome?' Kagome had also said she was staying here at the hotel for a while too, and they should probably gather their friends together and plan stuff.

Kagome and Sango instantly became friends and they spent their morning talking about their lives, likes and dislikes, simple and short things too. Sango was thrilled at being a girl's friend, since her undercover profile and life never had time for such things. It felt good to talk about things with not just a guy anymore.

Paying for their meals, and browsing by some shop windows, they headed back to Sango's hotel room. Where Sango had told her lost suitcase was being held, and that she, Kagome, had her friends.

And so was the being of something unbelievable.. Brewing.

.

-

.

"Thank you so much! I don't know what I would have done if this got into some perverted persons hands."

"I know.. I live with one."

"Who?"

"Miroku. Speaking of him.. its been over an hour since he last `grabbed' me. New record."

"I wouldn't know.. I never been groped befor-"

"And lets hope he isn't the first."

"Me too.."

"So.. why aren't you with your friends, out and about?"

Kagome un-curled her feet from under her and tried to hold the red paint on her face. Sango starred curiously at the almost blushing girl, who had suddenly found herself admiring the couches leather..

"My watch alarm clock went off, and my friends kicked me out of the room."

`That's so much like InuYasha!'

Sango slapped her hands over her mouth to stop from bursting out into loud musical laughter; she'd have to pay if she did. Her body shook in laughter, and a big smile taped itself on her face, from ear to ear. She'd have to hold it in.. or everything followed in four examples if she didn't.

Number one: InuYasha could wake up; kill her for being loud and bringing in another girl into the room (especially since it was the one who he bumped into at the airport and had his luggage).

Number two: Sango had no clue where that perverted hentai went.. And she wasn't in the mood to find out.

Number three: People next door could get angry, call up the hotel manager, and get them kicked out.. But it was unlikely to happen since Maggio was very close to InuYasha and his family.

Or Number four:.. All of the above.

Sango was a rule breaker and she took the consequences, what you expect?

Holding her hands over her stomach as violent laughter escaped her lips, Sango slipped off the chair next to Kagome. Hot tears of laughter tickled the corners of her eyes, her laughing hurt her stomach a lot and her lungs were suddenly gasping for air.

"It's.. to-too much! Aha ha ha!"

Kagome stared blankly at her new discovered friend stretched out on the floor.. Making herself look like a complete and utterly fool. The hazel-brown eyed girl rolled her eyes at Sango.

*BOOM*

As fast as her eyes would allow her to move, she gazed at the living room ceiling with curiosity growing in her stomach. What just made that noise? There was another loud crash from upstairs and someone's cursing waking the room. Feet walking across the room edged her closer to the couch, and she leaned over Sango.

"Sango," she whispered. "What was that?"

The girl tried to answer, but her gasping voice echoed out of her mouth.

"Wet's Ew-who ask-ah.."

Kagome stared blankly at her friend as the person upstairs started to head for the stairs..

"What?"

Sango tried her best to sit up, but she only succeeded in weakly holding her arm on the ground to steady herself.

"It aws, Inu- ask ah!"

"Who?"

Sango gasped as her lungs begged for air after her hard-core laughing fit.

"InuYas-"

InuYasha stomped into the room with honey eyes starting to glow red, but before he could even yell.. he gapped and nearly tripped on the rug in shock.

The vixen was laid out on the couch, her figure bent and her head hung over the couch armrest, checking on his bodyguard below. She had long midnight black hair, which was silky and clinging onto ever curve her shoulders and back developed. The teasing creature was showing the milky tanned skin on her shoulder, where her tank top strap was sliding down. The Hanyou's eyes snaked down her back and onto the tight pair of pinstriped jeans that hugged her gorgeous spread out hips.

Her head was up and her long tresses gleamed in the small light of the room, making his wandering eyes dance. Confused and curiosity filled their murky depths. InuYasha grasped the black bookshelf at his left to support himself. What a mind-blowing treat after a good long sleep. He'd have to sleep more often.

And it was so incredibly wrong to say that she wasn't the most desirable, and beautiful creature he ever had pleasuring in seeing.

Of course, his mouth always ruined moments.

"Hey, you're the wench from the airport! Are you following me?"

Kagome's hazel eyes quickly burned, like flame to oil, "Excuse me?"

"You heard me, wench."

"And just who do you think you are?"

A grin slowly lifted his dry chapped lips, which he licked as he gazed at her with a burning passion.

"I'm your worst nightmare."

.

-

.

After many minutes of screaming, yelling, cursing, and pushing, Kagome Higurashi found herself in the hotel's hallway.. Again. `I'm starting to get fond of these halls.' Kagome had knocked endlessly on the door, pleading to InuYasha to let her in. Sango had tried to help her out, but from her screams, Kagome put the puzzle pieces together that InuYasha locked Sango in the bathroom: with the fan on; To just not `hear' her cursing at him.

Who wouldn't yell for help if you were being locked in a small room, with a perverted guy?

"Can you please just give me my luggage, I just want my clothes and to stay in a room with a friend. Why cant you just be nice?"

"Because I don't want to. I just wanted to sleep, is that to much to ask for?"

"So mature."

"Shut up."

"Make me."

Sighing, Kagome leaned back on the door again and declined the favor to whap her head a few times. With her legs sown together and her arms crossed in her lap, she tried to make the best of her position. Even though she hated being in this type of situations, feeling incredibly weak and helpless, she tried to keep her hopes up. `Maybe someone I know will walk by. Maybe Maggio.'

Lifting her head up she peered out into the hallways. The red carpet flowed down the halls and stopped at two swinging glass doors, which, she assumed, lead on into more halls. Fantastic.

"How about I slip a quarter under the door, so you can call someone who cares?"

Letting out a strangled cry of frustration, Kagome fell back onto the mahogany doors again. A frown crowning her pouting lips as she argued right back.

"How about you slip into something more comfortable while you wait for me to leave, maybe like a coma?"

"But if I did, Sweetie, then I could never open the door."

"Cocky bastard."

"That's my name, don't wear it out."

"Your so.. SO STUPID!"

InuYasha sat on the other side of the door, sitting down cross-legged and staring at the door. Grinning. His marble golden eyes flickered over the door, looking at all the cracks and scratches that were unnoticeable to the human eye. He knew fairly well he was upsetting her; he could smell her frustration and tears leaking through the door.

Why did everything bad always have to happen to him?

His face faltered, and a frown invaded his face.

Too bad he never realized she was-

Her soft muffled voice rang out again.

"I'll do anything, just let me come inside. Please InuYasha.. but nothing gross or I'll scream `rape' right now."

InuYasha sighed, he hated when girls cried over things so silly.

She paused on the other side of the door, and then shifted again.

His voice reached to her ears.

"Got any candy?"

-=-~:-:~-=-

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating sooner! I had this chapter typed out so many times, but it seemed to never save, and I had to re-type everything! I almost cried when I realized for the third time I lost this chapter, so after typing it out I send a copy to my hotmail for safe keeping. So after many hard hours, I have completed it. The next chapter will be out shortly. ^^

-=-~:-:~-=-

Thank you all again, and drop a review if you'd like! ^^

Luv, Asereje~