InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When In Rome ❯ Capitolo Tres: Keep it Simple, but keep it Sweet. ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-~-

When In Rome

-~-

Summery: He hates his life; he has no freedom. She loves hers. What happens when theses two meet by fate, grabbing the wrong suitcases? Can their friends, midnight walks, bars, parties, stubborn problems, jealous emotions, and hotel rooms show them what they mean to each other? With this all going on, Inuyasha hides a secret, and is getting help with his friends to keep him away from it. But when the truth is really out, will Kagome still accept him after it: if it involves the Tokyo police? Or will she purposely forget him, even if it means deadly `Miko Heartbreak'?

: :

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha.. But Miroku on the other hand..^.~

: :

Today's quote: Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else's life forever. - Margaret Cho

: :

Capitolo Tres: Keep it Simple, but keep it Sweet.

Golden sunflower eyes and hazel brown stared at each other, level with each other's.

The brown narrowed in anger and the honey gleamed with laughter.

Kagome glared at InuYasha over her cup of coffee she was sipping from, not quite sure if she should let her eyes weaken or grow stronger.

"If you make your face stay like that for a long time, I'll stay that way forever. What a pity."

Kagome growled, "Shut up and make your damn move already."

The two sat on the floor, hilted at the glass coffee table.. Where a chessboard sat with pieces all over its black and white checks. At the sides of the board game, many bills of money, candy, articles of clothing (InuYasha had complained when he took off his favorite shirt and ran upstairs to grab a pair of extra red swimming trunks he put in Miroku's luggage), and mostly anything they could bet with was on the table or beside the winner.

"This game is fucked up. Can we do another round?" Complained the boy, resting his head on his propped elbow on the table.

Kagome stuck her tongue out at him childishly, "You just want to start over!"

"Wow getting smarter over there, Kag's. The fresh air starting to come in?"

"AHA! CHECKMATE!"

"What? You CHEATED!"

Kagome grinned as she grabbed all the items in the middle of the board game and slid them over to her side. InuYasha growled about `cheating wenches', but other than that and his mind telling him that her smile was cute, he fell back onto the floor with a *thud*.

InuYasha really didn't care that she won her fifth game, besides, it wasn't something that was going to dent his self-esteem any time soon.. Next to the fact that she was a tad emotionally tired, and he'd get the shit kicked out of him if she didn't have her way.

"And I don't even know how to play this game," she whispered happily to herself, making it clear for him to hear.

Looking over the table, Kagome gazed at her new and stubborn friend. He wasn't like any guy she had ever met. He was fierce, somewhat cranky, protective and held his feelings in a bit. She wanted to pry him open and ask why, but she held back and guessed soon time would tell. InuYasha captured her heart with his golden sunrise eyes, and long silvery hair (she thought it had to be permanent hair dye or something), so quickly, it hurt to breath around him.. He was so different: But so real at the same time.

Shaking herself out of `dream land' she noticed he was starring at her, too.

Kagome's cheeks tinted to a lush pink.

And to think, she only met him yesterday..

*BANG*

Giggles fountained from Kagome as she tried her best to not let a grin invade her face, especially since InuYasha just fell against the floor. On other terms, InuYasha had a hard time masking his pain; Small leather footstools were going to be the death of him, he just knew it..

Pulling her hair into a tight ponytail at the top of her head with a pink glossy elastic hair tie, Sango walked into the small living room and stared at her friends. She rolled her eyes lightly at InuYasha, who was currently rubbing his back, and then at her new friend who had collapsed into fits of laughter on the table. Kagome`s head was pressed lightly on the glass coffee table, her hand was over her stomach and the other was holding onto a fistful of chess winnings.

"Just laugh it up, why don't you." Growled InuYasha: trying to sit up but only making a few inches before he flopped onto the ground again.

Sango kept in her pitiful sigh.

"InuYasha, I hope you'll realize that laying on the floor makes you look like a dog even more."

InuYasha quickly snapped his hands onto his silky white head and made sure an extra length of hair was covering-

"Keh."

Sango had hoped he remembered to cover his -ears- so that Kagome wouldn't freak out. Most people usually screamed out verbal abuse and pain to the Hanyou and took off like hell was at their heals. But the thought of Kagome ever doing that was.. slim. But they still had to keep it hidden or she might figure out that-

"Lady Sango, have you been to the Gardens yet? I think a nice walk and fresh air would do you good!"

Miroku was so dead later..

The pervert just never gave up.

"No, I haven't Trenteh. And I wasn't planning on going with you anywhere."

"Sango," cried the man, sitting down on the couch and pulling her down into his lap. "You mock me," he rehearsed, placing a hand over his heart. Sango struggled in his arms for a moment before elbowing him in the gut, then stretching and marching upstairs.

Miroku gazed around the room as he stretched out onto the empty couch again, letting his foot graze the couch for something small and furry-

"So, what are we going to do till my friends are up?" Kagome asked, straightening her back and slipping her feet underneath her hips.

It had to be at least an hour; her friends honestly didn't sleep in that long. Kagome grinned sneakily to herself, she could always call room service and make sure they woke up on time..

"We? Wench, there is no we."

And to add to her crappy holiday! Him! The man was kinder earlier, what a fucked up summer..

.

-

.

"Eisenova Ice Café, I never knew the Romans had such a good taste for ice cream. This Strawberry Whisk is awesome, Sango, when did you find such a place like this?"

A bronze coin shimmered as it flew into the air and flipped into an aqua colored fountain that had marble carvings of people dancing around a child in their arms. The porcelain, somewhat brushed green, figures glistened in the early afternoons sun, catching the eye of many people who passed by the large park fountain. Sango and Kagome had rushed out of the hotel after changing into something more attractive, comfortable, and suitable. Kagome, of course, took back her suitcase after a long earth shattering argue session with InuYasha, and ran out in time before she slammed the hotel door in his face. That quick memory still made her snort into her creamy cool treat she was enjoying.

Sango dug in her dark black jean pocket for more loose change after their snack, capturing the words to form a sentence to tell Kagome awhile.

"It was on the brochure of the Hotel. They said it was a fantastic place for ice cream, not that expensive, and it was only a few blocks away from the hotel."

"Wow," murmured Kagome, spooning another bite into her mouth. "They weren't kidding when they said it was fantastic."

Sango raised an eyebrow at her, "Just how fantastic is it Kagome? Mouth-watering good?"

"Mmhmm, first kiss good."

Smirking, Sango relaxed and slurped up her smoothie, eyes painting over the park bench and flower covered hills.

"Back massage good?" she asked.

Kagome grinned, `I know where this is going..'

"Guy body shot good."

"Screaming insanities good."

"Blasting music good."

Sango cherished her grin as she leant closer to Kagome's ear so the little kids walking by with their parents wouldn't hear.

"Orgasm good."

Okay, Kagome was still a virgin, and the subject for her was a little touchy. So naturally, she blushed. Sango grinned with victory; it was hard to gross out someone: especially if you lived with a perverted Miroku. She shuddered.

"Sweetest strawberry of the patch good."

"Warm shower good."

"Job raise good." Kagome shot back.

"First crush good."

"Cold pop on a hot summer's day good." Sango replied, flicking her straw at Kagome.

"Roller coaster good."

"Guy with no shirt on go-"

"How about Miroku touching you good?"

Sango whipped around and stared openly at the grinning boy, who was leaning on the park bench rail back, and not too far behind him was a walking InuYasha. Miroku, god he came at the wrong times, and said the wrong things..

"You- you- YOU HENTAI!" Sango screeched.

Sango swung off the bench, spun around to meet the still shinning Miroku, pulled the lid off her drink and dumped it all over him. Soaking Miroku head to toe with vanilla and chocolate gelatin swirl.

`That has to be cold,' Kagome shuddered.

With a red-faced steaming Sango, a shocked Kagome, and a drenched Miroku, all in a small circle, a laughing InuYasha walked up to them with his hands in his jeans pockets (which were curled into fists to stop from bursting out into mad laughter).

"What you do this time, Bozo? Piss her off her again, or did you just grope her?"

"Some of the above," answered Miroku, taking his hand and swiping his face free from a lukewarm drink.

"Does this happen a lot?" Kagome asked, slipping off the bench and walking with InuYasha down the park stone walkway, ahead of Sango chasing Miroku, screaming.

InuYasha groaned and fell a little back to let her catch up with him, "Happens every bloody second, and trust me, I barely get enough sleep at night." He answered.

Kagome laced her arm through his without a thought. "Aww, poor you. We should get you some earplugs, that's what we shall do." She sapped out on purpose.

Walking along the pathway, Kagome was going on about InuYasha's poor excuse of lacking sleep, she never noticed him blushing up a storm.

.

-

.

Rin sat on her bed shared with Terisha, it had only been a few minutes ago when she woke up. Something had bothered her, as if something bad was happening, something she should be aware of. Everyone she knew took her as a carefree and bubbly person, but that was only half of her.

The other half had secrets, a motherly worry sense, and a protective one. Rin knew she was meant to be positive and alert on everything, but she let her second half sooth for a while.. That was until she met him.

Rin looked down at her hand, staring at her left and second finger.. A long white tan mark still stayed in place on her skin. She knew no one was suppose to know about their 'meetings'. She knew she was probably never going to go through with their secret plans, for large and thickening obstacles stood in their wake. And she knew she was never meant to love him.. But Rin did and she had to protect herself, it was valuable information if he had something so close to him in anyone's reach.

Rin had to stay strong for him, she knew he was going through a tough time in his family life, and he brought out the protective side in her.

After all, she was going to marry him.

No matter what Kagura said or did..

Sesshoumaru was Rin's.

A crackling sound got her attention, snapping her head up alert.

Satori gave an apology-grin, "Sorry that Rinny, I thought you knew I was looking for my shampoo."

Waving away the thought, Rin watched as Satori went back to looking through her green luggage sack. Satori brought out two purple bottles of shampoo and conditioner, ThermaSilk, and trudged against the wood floor and into the bathroom. The blinding light closed behind the door, echoing a small snap and swallowing Satori in.

Rin sighed as she pulled her hand from under the blankets again, and shifted her eyes onto Terisha who was still sleeping silently.. Rin wished she could go back to sleep easily.

She was awake and alert now, no point on wasting a beautiful day in paradise.

"RIN!"

Satori had slammed open the bathroom door, making Rin jump in surprise, and shoot her fear-stricken glazed brown eyes at her. Rin gulped as intense cold shivers racked her body, something was wrong..

"Kagome's gone!"

.

-

.

A/N: Dear oh dear, what is going to happen next? So far we learned Sango has stuttering problems about telling Kagome things of how Miroku, InuYasha and herself came to Rome. Rin has a secretive romance with our Sesshy *Sesshoumaru appears out of nowhere and Asereje runs up to him, jumps into his arms and hugs him protectively*, and she has a second side to her soul, besides her hyper self. InuYasha hides his Hanyou self, obviously his ears are a matter.. Even though they are soo kawaii ^^ And..umm.. Miroku has a woman problem… like we didn't already know that -.-;

Anyhow I hope you liked the third chapter, please continue to read and review, it means a lot to me. ^^ I'm hoping to make it to at least 15 reviews before I move onto the forth, and I might take my time.. My mum's getting a little mad cuz of my homework *sigh*.

Asereje~