InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Will You Return To Me? (Continuation to the Power of Ai ❯ I Miss You ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed my first fic “The Power of Ai” I had a great time writing it and I hope you had a great time reading it. This will be the continuation to the Power of Ai; it begins taking place 6 months after Kagome's battle with Naraku and her death which has left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth especially Inuyasha.
 
 
Chapter 1:
I Miss You...
 
In Sango's hut...
 
Sango is cooking lunch in her hut waiting for her husband to return from an exorcism ceremony in the nearby town. Sango is day dreaming about her best friend whose death is still fresh in her mind, she often thinks about the talks they've had over the years they've traveled together.
 
Hey Kagome...I've been meaning to ask you what do you think about Miroku as a boyfriend, I mean you like Inuyasha right. I've sort of been having feelings for Miroku.
What you mean you're in love with...Miroku that, that lecher! I'm surprised!
No I'm not in love with him I'm just starting to see him a little different.
Sure! Ha, ha, ha!
 
“Oh Kagome why'd you have to go?” the cry of a baby snatched her from her daydream. “Oh coming baby! Oh what's wrong my son, mhaw! What's the matter my little Kohaku?” “I'm home!” “Welcome home! I missed you.” They kissed affectionately, “There's my son! Hi Kohaku, I've missed you both.” He began playing peek-a-boo, Sango smiled seeing since there son was born Miroku's ways and attitude have changed (only slightly). “Sango I've been summoned to the emperor's castle do you want to go, I'm sure the Emperor would be happy to see our son and bestow blessings upon us?” she looked to her husband, “Yes I think I would love to go I need to give him a piece of my mind!” “Now Sango you must realize that the emperor doesn't like disrespect!” “I don't care someone has to set him straight!”
 
Later that day...
 
“My lord the High Monk Miroku has arrived along with wife and child.” “Send him in.”
The wide doors opened and they walked to the lords seating area and bowed respectfully, “My lord...” Sango cut him off, “Oh Miroku stop it with the praising business! My lord, my ass! Inuyasha what happened to you! You never cared about this whole pomp and circumstance thing! What happened to the rush into battle half demon that loved to fight, carelessly but with his heart!” “That person is gone he died six months ago...” he stated calmly. She backed down when she'd seen the somber look on his face which meant he still wasn't over Kagome's death.
 
Miroku stepped forward, “What do want with me?” “I need you and Sango to look after the castle while I leave for a few days.” “Inuyasha did you forget that we're parents now I have Kohaku to take care of and I...” Sango grabbed her stomach and put her hand over her mouth and ran to the privy. “What's up with her Miroku?” “I don't know she's been sick for the past two weeks. But that aside...are you going to see Kagome's statue?” “No! What the hell are you talking about I'm not stepping a foot on that place! Now look after the castle I'll be back in two days!”
 
He walked out to the village linked to the castle and was now near the outskirts of his land and headed east. I miss you so much Kagome, I know you're dead but why do I still feel you so near me? That's because I'm right here Inuyasha, just look down. “Kagome! Where are you!” He looked around, “Inuyasha who are you talking to?” “Ah! Oh its you old lady.” “Yes how are ye it tis rare that ye comes to visit the elderly.” “Well technically I wasn't going to see you Kaede I was going to the future.” “Oh I see how did they take it when you told them.”
 
Flashback 5 months ago...
 
Hello Mother.
Mother, Inuyasha you've never called me that, but I'm glad you did.
Well there is a reason; Kagome and I are mates now.
Mates? I know you too have been together for quite sometime but mates so soon...I would like to talk to her, Kagome! Kagome please come here...Kagome why aren't you answering me?
 
Because she's not here.
 
Was she afraid to come and tell me herself?
 
No...she wasn't...she's not coming back.
 
Why? Why doesn't my daughter want to return home? If she's afraid to talk to me tell her its okay we can work it out.
 
Mother we battled our enemy and we won with Kagome's help. She made the ultimate sacrifice.
 
The ul...ultimate sacrifice! Tha...that means my baby is ohh! *crying*
 
Inuyasha! Why is mom crying? Where is sis?
 
She's gone Souta...I'm...I'm sorry.
 
Sis...
 
“They didn't take it too well but I try and visit them just to see how they're dealing with this whole thing.” Kaede cleared her throat, “And how are you taking it Inuyasha?” “I...I need to get there before sundown.” He walked away and jumped into the well.
When he arrived on the modern side he walked out of the well room to see Souta sitting in front of the old tree he went and sat beside him. “Hey kid.” “Hey Inuyasha...” Souta looked at him funny, “What's with the weird getup?” “I am the ruler of my father's land, now I am emperor.” “Coooool. So what are you doing here, I haven't seen you in a month?” “I had some business to take care off so I needed to take some time away to visit you here. Uh...where is mom?” “She's in the house.” Inuyasha took off for the house. “Saito! Mother!” he sniffed the air and went up the stairs. He looked in all the other rooms except the one he'd always been in and he knew that his mother in law was there and he had no choice but to go in. “Mother?” he looked into the room to see his mother in law clutching onto one of Kagome's old school uniforms. “Miss her so much! She...was my baby! Souta is all I have left and I'm never letting him go!” Inuyasha looked at Saito seeing that she has aged in the six months since her daughters passing due to grief and non-stop crying. “I...I miss her too, but I know it hurts for you since you gave birth to her and you raised her alone for so long, but I wish I could bring her back but I cant.” Saito became enraged thinking that Inuyasha wanted to do nothing. “It was your fault that my daughter was involved in this! She lived a normal life until you came along!” he just held his head to the floor knowing that what she was saying was only out of sadness and despair. “I'll leave now.” On his way out he bumped into Souta, “Hey I heard what mom said don't take it too seriously, mom is just hurt. I know you did all you could to save sis.” “I tried to stop her but she wouldn't let me...look kid I gotta go.”
Souta retreating back into child mode grabbed Inuyasha's robe and looked to the floor, “Hey Inuyasha you don't really have to leave now you could stay awhile...like old times it could be for just one night?” He smirked a little, “I'd really like to but I think it's too soon to do that now.” Souta let go and looked sad and full of disappointment, “Look I'll tell you what I'll come and visit next week.” “Really! You will you promise!” “Yeah, I will, see ya!”
 
Inuyasha jumped into the well to his time.