InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Will You Return To Me? (Continuation to the Power of Ai ❯ A Wish Come True ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 12 A wish come true
 
I wish you'd come back to me Kagome...no not me, all of us. We need you, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish on this jewel or four souls, the shikon no tama that you return to the sitting, loving, trusting and caring woman I have loved since the moment our eyes met. Please return to us, to me my Kagome. Light whirled around them, the mark on her neck pulsated and her body began to change. The appearance of Midoriko left her body and a new Kagome emerged. Cheju saw the display of lights and finally came to his senses after losing the jewel and saw the opportunity to attack, he charged up to the ascended couple and began to bite, and claw at the lights but to no avail for the lights were like a barrier. “Give...me...my...jewel! I worked hard for it!” When the transformation was complete the light exploded sending Cheju flying backwards. Inuyasha opened his eyes after finally releasing her lips. “Kagome?” She fluttered her eyes open, “Inuyasha?” He cupped her face with his hands, “Yes, yes it's me! Are you ok?” she smiled and nodded. Cheju was now standing in front of them. “I see you got your Kagome back, well jewel or not I will kill you!” Cheju concentrated on his power with all of his might and you could feel the surge within him. “Arrah!! Tiger's Bite!” Inuyasha pushed Kagome away and took the blow. He yelped in pain. “Inuyasha! No!” She materialized another arrow and shot at Cheju's ribs. “You woman have caused me enough trouble!” Inuyasha tried to get over to Kagome's side who was now running towards the Tetsuaiga. Inuyasha was far behind Cheju who was closing in on Kagome, he charged up for a fire blast. “Kagome!” She looked back at the two men who were trying to get to her for different reasons, when she saw the light coming from Cheju she knew she was in deep trouble. Please jewel, answer my last prayer and repair this sword so we can defeat this evil. The ancient heirloom glowed and pulsated as it called to the detached piece of the sword which was a few yards away. The broken blade rushed quickly to it's other half and once again became whole. “Inuyasha! Catch!” Just as the sword left her hand Cheju pounced onto her with his heavy and nearly crushing weight. “You could've had it all...I was in love with you...and you just had to return to normal...I will make sure you pay.” Kagome was having difficulties breathing while he was on top of her. “You...fell in love with...your own fictional character...someone who wasn't me. If you...wanted a woman who would obey your every order you should have....started with a blank slate.” “You're in no position to talk, after all...” “GET THE HELL OFF OF HER!!!!!” Inuyasha swung his tetsuaiga at Cheju purposefully missing to free Kagome. “I've had enough of you Cheju! You've lived longer than I would have liked...it's time for you to die.” Inuyasha concentrated all of his energy on the Tetsusaiga, the sword changed, into its diamond incrusted form, Kagome stood right by his side with her arrow of light drawn. “Let's do this together Inuyasha...like we used to.” Inuyasha smiled from deep within his heart, “Yeah let's do it together, and not like we used to lets do it this way forever...” Kagome's heart began to beat faster at those words, “Ok let's let him have it!” They both used their weapons against Cheju. Cheju attempted to move but the power he had gained when the shikon jewel was in his body now waned and thus made him unable to move, when the blasts came from Kagome and Inuyasha he finally met his demise. As soon as they both moved their arms from the attack stances Kagome lost consciousness. “We did Kagome. Kagome?” he turned to her, “Kagome!” flashbacks of her turning into stone flew across his mind as he tried to reach for her. If she's going to die I'm going with her! I will never live without her again! “Kagomeeeeeee!” he latched onto her arm and held her body close to his, ready to brace for the fall. Shippo transformed into the jizo (the big pink thing I believe), and caught the couple just a few feet from the ground. “Shippo...” Inuyasha jumped off of the fox, and laid Kagome onto the ground. “Kagome, Kagome...please wake up! Please, please, please, don't go don't leave me, if your going take me!” She opened her eyes, “Where could I go?” he gasped. “You're ok, oh thank the gods that you're okay.” She embraced him. “I saw you...I just couldn't put it together. The visions...he just banished all of my memories of everyone...he made it hurt just to think of anyone I loved...I'm so glad he's dead Inuyasha. I never ever want to forget you as long as I live.” “It's okay Kagome, I promise with all my heart that you wont forget any of us ever...I know you did betray me...it was all his doing.” She remembered sleeping with Cheju, “But what about when I wasn't in my right mind, we did have sex with each other...” she let him go and began crying into her hands. “Don't worry that mark on your neck is a precaution incase that happens...I guess I have to thank the wolf for that vital piece of information.” “Oh! That's right Koga! Koga spotted me in the forest, and Cheju broke...his arm. Oh no, I was apart of him getting hurt.” “It won't take a petty demon like that to bring me down!” Kagome looked up, “Koga!” for the first time in all that she's know him she actually ran into his arms, “Koga...” the act caught all bystanders by surprise, “...I'm so glad you're safe. You arm is it alright?” Koga's face didn't mask his machismo very well but he tried. “Huh, my arm is fine, just popped it right back and good as new!” Inuyasha just stood there in absolute shock, “How long are you planning on holding her!” “Shut up mutt face! My woman came to me! So don't go getting all fussy! Besides if it weren't for me you wouldn't have even known that Kagome was alive, you would have still been walking around with that girl!” he pointed at Amaterasu and everyone looked her way. Kagome didn't have the jewel any more and wasn't bound by its rules so she was free to be a small part of what Cheju wanted her to be, which was a bit mean spirited, and spiteful. “You knew who I was didn't you?” Amaterasu refused to speak, she only got up, turned her back and walked away, and Inuyasha did not like it at all. “Colonel Amaterasu! You're queen just asked you a question! Answer her!” The word queen echoed through her ears like a bug trying to infest its way into her brain. “She is no queen to me! She betrayed you my lord! She slept with another man, and just embraced another right in front of your eyes and yet you want me to call her my queen? No! I will not! I will not dignify her with an answer, because she does not deserve one!” Inuyasha had enough, “How dare...” Kagome stepped in front of him, “No, I've got her.” “Listen Colonel Amaterasu, I wont explain why I did what I did, everything unfolded right in front of your very eyes and you still, love his don't you...I know that feeling more than you may think, but you can do one of two things, you can still try for it or walk away and try to find your own happiness. But no one can make that choice but you. If you wish to fight for him then by all means...” “Kagome, no! Why would you say something like that?” “Inuyasha trust me, she either has to know or see for herself if she truly has a chance at loving you. That's how I decided...it's a choice that some women have make when it comes to a man...” Amaterasu turned with her weapons drawn, and Kagome just stood there staring her down. “Go ahead and make your move....” Amaterasu raised a foot to run but dropped her weapons and fell on her knees to the ground. “I knew he could never really love me, but it felt good just to be with him...” tears streamed from her eyes, “I thought that the longer I was with him the more he'd forget about you...even though I knew it wouldn't happen I had to stay.” “I know exactly what you mean...do you think that I am Inuyasha's first love?” Amaterasu gave her a puzzled look. “I wasn't there was a woman that came before me over 55 years ago, and her loved her very much...I denied my feelings for him when I saw just how much in love he was, but something kept pulling me back to him, I wasn't sure if it was love or admiration but I knew if I stayed with him long enough I'd find and answer. He loved me...I know he can never forget her but I know he loves me.” Amaterasu cried heavily into the ground, everyone just watched as she cried her soul out, she did this for a few minutes, and once composed she stood, and bowed respectfully. “Thank you, Kagome...Empress Kagome. My Lord, effective immediately I will remove my self from your army, I'm sorry I couldn't service you as an effective guard.” Kagome stepped to her, “There's no need to leave...after all you just fell in love, there's nothing wrong with that.” “But Lady Kagome...” “Just call me Kagome please.” Amaterasu looked at Inuyasha, and he nodded in approval, “Kagome I tried to kill you, how could you be sure that I wont try again?” “I just know, ok.” They all smiled at each other. Inuyasha took Kagome's hand, “I still can't believe you're here...it feels like such dream...I just don't want it to end.” “It doesn't have to Inuyasha, we can continue from where we left off...” They smiled at each other. Sango, Miroku and Shippo now were with the couple. “Sango and Miroku!” Kagome began to cry, “I'm so sorry for doing what I did to you and your son. Please, if you can find it in your hearts please forgive me.” Sango smiled sincerely at her longtime friend, “Kagome...I already have...once I heard you were brainwashed I knew you didn't do this purposely.” Kagome looked at Miroku hoping he felt the same as his companion, “I hate the fact that...that demon did what he did to you and that he made you try to hurt us...” he looked at his hand, “and my wind tunnel is back...half a year I spent without it, but its back...but it's now under my control, and I think your heart and your magic prevented it from being a family curse and now to be a weapon...but in short no I do not hate you, I feel the same way Sango does, I know it wasn't you.” “Mother...I missed you so much...” he embraced Kagome. “Shippo, thank you I heard you were there for me when Inuyasha went astray...and thank you for visiting me.” “You knew I was there?” “Of course I did, I mean its not like I could answer you but it got through.” She sighed, “So what now?” “Sango can we borrow Kirara?” “Sure if Kirara doesn't mind.” The cat transformed and waited for the couple to hop on. “Where are we going Inuyasha?” the joy in his voice now became somber, “To Kaede's village...” “Oh Kaede I can't wait to see her!” he cleared his throat, “Uh, lets go Kirara.” Kagome held onto Inuyasha tightly and with a smile plastered on her face. They landed what was once Kaede's home, several of the villagers were happy to see Kagome, (they knew that she wasn't herself) and others weren't because she killed a local loved one. Kagome was more than happy to go in and see the woman who helped them on their journey. “Old lady Kaede? Inuyasha do you think she went out on an exorcism or a blessing?” “Neither...come on, sit down, and read this.” He handed her the parchment that Kaede gave him before he went back home. “What is it?” he never responded, she figured it was something he was too shy to say but once she read it her happy demeanor changed into a somber one. “I-I-I-I-I killed Lady Kaede? Oh my...Inuyasha, I'm so sorry, I know she was your last link to Kikyo and I destroyed that for you...” he cut her off, “She wasn't my link to Kikyo, she was like a substitute mother figure for me...as much as I hate to admit it, I loved her like a mother.” Tears swelled within her eyes, “The entire village must hate me! I killed her in cold blood!” Inuyasha looked at her, and just couldn't picture the pain that was growing in her heart. “I hurt so many of my loved ones...how could they still forgive me?” she looked to Inuyasha for an answer. “She told me before she died...she told me that she forgave you and that it wasn't you, she knew you weren't yourself.” She clutched the paper in her hand, “I know she made sure to write it here, and that we could stay here the rest of our lives if we want...she said her home is ours, which was what she wanted for us when she died. The only thing she wanted...was to be at our wedding.” “That's right! She's still happy for us regardless of what happened. So, do you want to get married?” Kagome smiled; “Really?” his slivery white mane shook yes.
 
She screamed, “Yes? Yes!!!” He picked her up and ran to the well. “Before we get married here we have to get married with your mom's permission and we also have to get married in the present time. “Inuyasha?! You really want to do all of that?” “Yes.” He took hold of her hand and jumped into the well, once they appeared on the present side Inuyasha made sure no one was around to blow his surprise, “Come on Kagome they are all in the kitchen.” He walked into the house first, “Mother Saito, Souta, and Grandfather, remember when I told you I'd try to make up for not protecting Kagome, I hope this is a big enough present; Kagome walked through the kitchen entry way, “Oh...Kagome? Kagome, Kagome, Kagome, Kagome, my baby!” Saito dropped her utensils and ran for her daughter, she cried intensely while she touched her daughter, she touched every part of Kagome's body to make sure her daughter was real. “You're alive! Oh Kagome!” Souta also stood up and hugged Kagome tightly, “Sis, I never realized how much I'd miss you; all of the arguing means nothing now that you're here.” “Mom, Souta I missed you both too. Grandpa!” She ran to him and hugged him, “Kagome I ran out of illnesses...I'm sorry.” Was all Grandpa could muster. “Well I'm sick no longer, okay.” She held her grandfather close to her heart more than she thought, all of the fables he told, all of the illnesses he made up, he did them for her and some of them kept her occupied while in suspension of course she wouldn't tell him that but the embrace let him know she loved him a great deal. After all of the tears subsided a little they all sat down to discuss what happened to Kagome all those months ago. “...and I used my spiritual powers along with my life force to kill him and my body just needed some rest...” Grandpa smiled, “So you are the reincarnation of Midoriko huh...I guess that means you can run the shrine now!!!!” Kagome's head tilted, “Oh Grandpa...” “So Kagome who was this Cheju that released you from the suspension?” Both Inuyasha and Kagome gave details about their ordeal, the family said they understood why Inuyasha wasn't too quick to believe everyone's stories about Kagome being alive, but Sota was none too happy to hear that Inuyasha choose another woman to replace his sister, it didn't matter that he was in mourning. “I still think you betrayed my sister Inuyasha! You said you loved her.” Kagome spoke up for her man, “Souta stop it! If you were old enough to understand why he did what he did, you'd know why I forgave him.” “Fine! But if he does it again don't come home crying!” he stormed out the room. Inuyasha went after him, “Souta wait, I was weak.... I missed your sister so much I couldn't sleep at night, the woman I saw was a way to comfort the pain and sadness I was in, I'm sorry...and if I have to spend my entire life making this up to her and your family because, I want to marry your sister.” Kagome's mother stood up with her hand over her mouth shocked, “You what?” “Yes mother...I came to ask you for permission to marry your daughter.” “But I thought six months ago you made her your mate, so why would you ask me now?” “When I marked her it was just my excitement and passion at that moment, because I thought the battle was over, I couldn't have se-`' Kagome cleared her throat knowing exactly what Inuyasha was going to say, but he only looked at her puzzled. “What Inuyasha means to say mom that after the heat of the battle he just wanted to make me his, right?” He still didn't get it but figured he should just say yes. “Yep. So I'm asking you now....may I please marry Kagome.” Saito just stood their pleased that even though it was too late to ask that he at least tried to be honorable. “No, she cannot marry you.” Needless to say everyone in the entire room was shocked; they all clearly expected the opposite answer. “Mom I....” Saito cut her off, “She cannot marry you until she finishes high school.” She smiled knowing that they'd all be surprised by her joke. “Mom! You almost scared me!” Kagome went to embrace her mother, “Thanks mom.” Saito hugged her daughter tightly not wanting to let her go. “I still can't believe that you're here my dear... I missed you so much.” “I missed you too mama.” They embraced each other for a few minuets longer and then she went to her room to rest and relax with her new fiancé. No sooner than when Kagome closed the room door, did Inuyasha's lips crash onto Kagome's, when he finally let her go his hands roamed over the most erotic parts of her body, Kagome allowed him to do this for a few moments until he was ready to undress her. “No, no Inuyasha please...” he cheeks were rosy pink. “...we can't not here.” Inuyasha's face did not hide the disappointment. “Kagome it's been so long...I need to have you now.” Kagome wanted him too but, come on! This is her mother's house, engaged or not she knew sex in her home was not gonna happen. “I know Inuyasha but my mom will flip if she catches us.” “Ok, ok. What now because I cannot stay here with you without wanting to make you mine tonight.” Kagome's body temperature rose about five degrees at that statement. “I need to haul ass to school tomorrow and give a good explanation as to why I missed six months of schooling.” Inuyasha sighed as he sunk into the floor. “Well how long do you think this is going to take?” “Well...if I can convince them then I start school the next day, and I can't miss any days at all. So I can't go to the warring states era, only on Sundays.” Inuyasha's eyes popped out from his head. “WHAT!?! You can't be serious! What, what, w-what about...” “There is no sacred jewel to protect or save so there is no other reason for me to go back only for a visit. But you know you can visit me Inuyasha.” He groaned for that was all he could do, “Then that means we're going back to my time because I'm gettin' what I want tonight!” He grabbed her arm and pulled her to her window. “SIT!” Whack! He voice was muffled from the carpet, “Kagome, when are you takin' these beads off!” “Never they are a gift Kaede and if you get out of line I can just knock you out!” “You know that's not fair...” Once Inuyasha was able to sit up she stood behind him and placed her arms around his neck, her scent was intoxicating to the dog-boy; it made his loins ache with pleasure. “Inuyasha if I was to make love to you tonight I'd need to rest from the sweet torture you'd put me through...” she licked his ears “...don't you want to get married?” he closed his eyes and tried to shut out the erotic thoughts crossing his mind, “Y-yes of course I do but I need to get reacquainted with your body, Kagome...” he said this with the most huskiest sound in his voice that nearly convinced her to make love to him right then and there. “I need to be here Inuyasha, please don't fight me on this.” “No I wont, besides the faster you finish school the sooner we can marry.” “Thank you!” she hugged him but he quickly pushed her away because of the hard-on that was making his hakama look like a tent. “Well I'm gonna go back to my time, when you visit let me know what happens.” Without another word he leaped out from her window, she looked on as he walked to the well house, hoping that she'd convince the principal to allow her back into school. He's changed...he's more level headed and calm. But I know he's still that wild self on the inside... I look forward to seeing it when I visit with him. She smiled to herself and tried to be prepared for her first trip to school in six months.