InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Will You Return To Me? (Continuation to the Power of Ai ❯ The Green Child Returns Once More ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11
The Green Child Returns Once More
 
Last Chapter:
“Shippo who is that?” “Inuyasha that's Kagome, she's alive...she's ok.” “Kagome?” he rubbed his eyes, “Kagome! KAGOMEEEEEE!!!”
She heard her lovers cry for her but she had to end the man who made her commit crimes that were completely against her nature, it was what had to be done. “Ming is no longer here. The creature of hate and despair is gone I am here now and I will take back what belongs to me.” Cheju shook his head in disbelief, all of his careful planning and the effort, the worst part of it was that he began to really fall in love with this woman he created, now she was nothing more than another obstacle in his quest for world domination, it seemed to really pain him. “I promised you longevity and a lifetime of riches and you had to go ahead and regain your pathetic memory back!” “I suspected everything you told me was questionable for quite sometime now, all I needed was a good kick in the head...” she turned to Amaterasu, “I guess I have you to thank for that. Cheju I'm sorry that I messed up you plans but I cannot serve you any longer, this is goodbye; although I have to thank you for bringing me back to my loved ones.” Cheju was now absolutely furious, “I should have left you! I should have took the jewel of life and just let your body be reduced to rubble!” he powered the jewel and started shooting a barrage of fire balls, leveling the village surrounding the castle, some villagers escaped and some met an early demise, this infuriated Midoriko as she saw countless lives be destroyed over Cheju's greed and jealousy. “Maybe you should have, because if you did you wouldn't have to die!” She pulled her arm back as if reaching for a bow, held her arms up in an aiming position and light materialized to form a sacred arrow; she took a deep breath and fired striking Cheju in the leg. He yowled in pain and sent a fury of claw swipes laced with poison her way. She easily dodged them as she once again shot her arrows of light at her adversary. Inuyasha looked at his long thought deceased love and called to her to give her help. “Kagome call the jewel to you again! Call it just like you did with Naraku!” She smiled and stuck her tongue out like she did when she made silly mistakes. Let's hope it isn't tainted enough where I can't recall it... “Come to me Aramitama (Courage), Nigimitama (Friendship), Kushimitama (Wisdom), and Sakimitama (Love), Jewel of the Four Souls I command thee return to me!” Cheju struggled to keep the jewel within his grasp, but the power Midoriko held over her own creation was much greater than the power of evil...she had the power of the human spirit and nothing not even the darkest of hearts could suppress a power like that. It flew from Cheju's throat (he attempted to ingest it in hopes that the power would fuse in his body) and gracefully landed in her hand. “I'm sorry for letting you go through so much pain...it was because of my fragile mind and weakness that you were allowed to be tainted once more..” she began to ascend. She looked down on Inuyasha, “Inuyasha?” He looked up at her worried that she would once again risk her life to save them all. “Yes?” she stuck out her hand. “Come here.” He began to levitate to her. “I need you... I need you to help me cleanse this jewel.” “B-but I'm a half demon wont I taint the jewel?” “Not if you want to wish on it for the purpose of good.” He placed his hands gently over hers which were cupping the jewel. He looked into her chocolate eyes and could no longer hold back the passion he had lost over six months ago he kissed her with more love than he held for any other person in this world.
 
Sorry for the shortness...Almost done! R&R thanks!