InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Will You Return To Me? (Continuation to the Power of Ai ❯ Bad Blood ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10
Bad Blood
 
“Miroku, its happening!” Sango looked on in fear as her friend became a slave to the demon blood that flowed through his veins like a curse. “The only thing we can do is to hope that he's strong enough to get through this, but for now we need to get inside and protect the baby.” Sango nodded and attempted to run inside when Ansong, cut off the entrance. “No one is going in! The only ones are going to be the master and me! Step aside!” Miroku stuck out his hand, “No! You step aside, unless you want to be sucked into a void.” “Humph you don't scare me, and besides...I have your son!” Ansong said with and evil chuckle. “Kohaku! Give me back my son! I already lost my brother don't take my son please I beg of you!” Sango said crying heavily. “So step aside...then you'll get back your son.” They backed up slowly and stared at the filthy demon, but luckily Kirara who was unconscious from a sneak attack from Ansong sprung into action and snatched the baby and flew off for Kaede's village as told by Sango. Sango screamed and cried happy that her only child was out of harms way. “S, s, s, s, Sango, look at Inuyasha.” She turned to see her friend, snarling, bearing his teeth, with his golden pupils now, a sickening gang-green color. “Kagome...wake up, you're the only one who can help Inuyasha.” Inuyasha growled and screamed when his transformation was finally complete. “Sango, I think you should leave right now.” “No Miroku, we've never left him before we're not going to leave him now, if at any time Inuyasha needed us, now is the time, we've gotta help him get Kagome back.” Inuyasha stood up with intense blue eyes and sharp claws extended beyond normal lengths as he stared Cheju down, with the only thought of returning Kagome to normal. What is this power flowing from him, it's incredible. It's as if I'm caught in a storm of anger, hatred and just...pure evil. “Now it's time for you to die...” the words dripped from his mouth like venom from a snakes fangs. “With the power of this jewel there is no way I can be defeated.” “I promise you today is the day you will be...rah!” Inuyasha's fiercely sharp claws easily ripped through Cheju's skin as if it were delicate paper, Cheju was injured but not enough to use the power he received from the jewel to retaliate, “TIGER'S POUNCE!!” when Cheju landed a massive earthquake shook the land and some villagers homes crumbled whilst pieces of the castle broke off. Inuyasha was flung back and attempted to use his claws as an anchor, but landed on rubble. While fighting was going on Amaterasu stalked over to the impaired Ming and held out a small dagger and prepared to end the distraction once and for all, when she was interrupted. “FOX FIRE!” Amaterasu screamed while she was being burned alive. Shippo grabbed Ming and tried to run for higher ground, when Amaterasu realized the fire didn't hurt. “Damn you, you weak demon! Dog's howl!” she let out a high sensitivity howl that disrupted the balance in Shippo's ear and lost his grip on Ming. “No Kagome!”
Ming/ Kagome's mind
Kagome. Ming. Kagome. Ming. Kagome. Ming. Ming, Ming, Ming. Kagome, Kagome, Kagome. Who am I? Priestess...teacher? Which is which? Open your eyes and see who you really are...only you can save him...open your eyes now! *Gasp* BOOM! The thunderous sound of Ming's body hitting the floor echoed throughout the valley. Inuyasha looked over at where Ming landed, “Kagome!” Shippo began to tear when his one effort to help save his mother failed, “Okasama!” When the dust settled the person who appeared was not either Ming or Kagome it was Midoriko the priestess of legend. “Ming?” Sango spoke up, “No! Its Kagome's past life. It's the priestess who saved us! Midoriko.” Midoriko put one hand in the direction of Inuyasha, “Purify.” The beam of light shot forth from her hand sent shockwaves through Inuyasha's body and transformed him back into his normal self. Cheju looked at the person who appeared to be his Ming but with power that rivaled the jewel of life, and this didn't sit well with him at all. “Who are you and what have you done with Ming?” “Ming huh? You used the small sliver of hate that I held for my predecessor to turn me into something my body and soul wasn't made for...I can now say I despise you more than her.” Shippo was who was now trying to hold up the weakened Inuyasha said, “She's talking as if she was Kagome, I thought she was Midoriko?” Inuyasha's blurry eyes started to come into normal, “Shippo who is that?” “Inuyasha that's Kagome, she's alive...she's ok.” “Kagome?” he rubbed his eyes, “Kagome! KAGOMEEEEEE!!!”
 
It appears Kagome has awaken from the spell Cheju placed on her and her memories have returned, will she sacrifice herself once more for her loved ones? Read the next chapter people!!!