InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Where No Hanyou Has Gone Before ❯ Getting by ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 8: Getting by


Disclaimer: I do not own or claim any rights to Inu-Yasha by Rumiko Takahashi, or Prophecy by Larry Nemecek & J. Kelley Burke And Raf Green & Kenneth Biller.

But the Conglomeration of the two is by, well me.

AN: First of all I know it has been a looooong time since the last update and I am so sorry but have not forgotten about this story for a single day and I do plan on finishing. I've just been a little distracted lately and I got a little side-tracked, writing other fanfiction, but I'm back now. Oh and next chapter I was thinking of renaming the story "Where No Hanyou Has Gone Before" so watch for that, maybe.

Secondly I want to thank you for your reviews, they were the push I needed to get this story going once again, so enough of my babbling and excuses and let's get on with what you came for, the story. (One very minor change to the story since first posted.)


"Quotes"
'Thoughts'
(Authors Notes)


Getting by:



Briefing Room: (Most of this first "scene" is dialogue directly from the episode, the Inu-Yasha and Kagome bits are mine.)

"I have asked Kagome and Inu-yasha here because I believe they have a right to know what is going on and explanations need to be made." Captain Janeway started the staff meeting.

Inu-yasha listened to the Captain brief them on the situation with seemingly little interest as they talked about the 200 plus Klingon's that now inhabited the ship.

He listened as Kagome annoyingly enough asked: "Why did these Klingon's fire on us?"

And the Captain explained that the full blooded Klingon's that they had "rescued" had attacked them because they did not know that the Federation and the Klingon home world were now at peace since they had been out of contact for 80 years or so.

"But you said they blew up their own ship?" Kagome asked confused now.

"They take their beliefs very seriously." Janeway was saying.

"Seriously enough to destroy their own ship?" Paris asks just as confused.

"Couldn't they have just followed us?" Says Kim reasonably.

"Apparently, their sacred text told them to "cast off the old ways" as soon as they found this...Kuvah'Magh." Janeway informs them.

Tuvok says, "They saw their vessel as the last vestige of the "corrupt" Empire."

"I was hoping our daughter would be special. But I never dreamed she'd turn out to be the Klingon "Messiah"." Says Paris trying to lighten the mood as usual.

"It's not funny. These are dangerous people. What if they try to hurt the baby?" B'Elanna admonishes.

"To them, your baby's sacred. It's unlikely they'd do anything to harm her." Chakotay chimes in.

"Still, two hundred Klingons pose a significant security threat. I suggest we keep them confined to the Shuttle bay until we can find them a suitable home." Tuvok says.

To which Neelix counters, "There are women and children down there. We can't just lock them up..."

"I agree." Says Janeway and at Tuvok's look of protest she continues, "Assign extra security to every deck, and make sure the Klingons know the rules."

"And despite their "reverence" for Lieutenant Torres, she should be assigned a twenty-four hour security detail." Tuvok suggests.

"Just what I need." B'Elanna is none to happy with this idea.

"Where are they going to sleep?" Kim wonders.

And Neelix suggests "We could "double up" in quarters. I'll ask for volunteers."

"Good idea." Janeway agrees. "We seem to have become a passenger vessel of late. I know this isn't going to be easy, on any of us," She looked towards Kagome and Inu-Yasha, "but until we can find another place for them, we should do our best to make them feel at home... Dismissed."

It was all just useless babble to Inu-Yasha, and just 200 more youkai, oh sorry, aliens to avoid and keep away from Kagome, that's all no big deal, yeah and like Inu-Yasha cared about some little prophecy. This wasn't his problem after all, right?


*****

Mess Hall:

"... so we're going to be staying with the Wildman's for a while, which is nice 'cause Naomi seems to really like you. It's so cute how she follows you around." Kagome was talking to Inu-Yasha and he wasn't listening, again.

"Feh, wait why are we staying with them?" Inu-Yasha was a little distracted by the presence of the girthsome Klingon's crowding the mess hall, and more than a little wary of them watching him and Kagome as well. It wasn't just their size and the hard, wild look about them that was distracting, but their smell as well, and you didn't have to have his nose to smell the heavy wild musk emanating from them.

"I told you, we're letting a Klingon family stay in our room."

"Fine, whatever."

"Well that was easy. What's wrong?"

"Nothing, besides the fact that you are a pushover. But it's not like it matters where we sleep right?"

"Uh, right." Kagome wasn't sure whether or not to call him on the insult, since he did just agree to stay with the Wildman's with no argument, so she let it go.

They made their way to the buffet table that Neelix had laid out. It was filled with "interesting" looking food, to say the least.

There were carcasses of strange looking animals, a big bowl of little worm-like things, and a liquid that smelled 20 times stronger than sake.

Kagome started absently filling her plate with food and contemplating Inu-Yasha's calm manner. 'Maybe he's maturing, or just getting more comfortable with our new surroundings.'

After a while Kagome finally looked at the substance she had been piling on her plate, "Ah it moved!" Kagome screeched at the offending plate of "food" which she unceremoniously dropped with a clatter, and hid behind Inu-Yasha.

The room had gone deafly quiet, so Kagome sheepishly appologized and scooped her plate back off the floor, and eventually the room grew loud again.

Inu-yasha took a handful of the offending "food" and sniffed, then to Kagome's horror stuffed the wiggling mass into his mouth.

"Hm, not bad." He proclaimed and proceeded to load his plate with the stuff.

"How can you..." Kagome took a cautious look around the room at the ever gathering horde of Klingons who were stuffing their faces in much the same fashion as Inu-yasha had, and she lowered her tone. "How can you eat that, and scoff at my cooking?"

"You make it too spicy."

"Well at least it doesn't squirm away from you."

It was at this point in the conversation that Neelix decided to but in, before it escalated into what were becoming their infamous fights.

"Kagome, if traditional Klingon food is not to your liking I have some left over pleeka rind casserole." Neelix offered kindly.

"Thank you Neelix but I don't want to be a bother..."

"No bother, many crew members have already opted for the usual Wednesday night supper." He said somewhat sadly.

Kagome took his offer gratefully and they sat down to eat at a nearby table. They were half way through their meal when a fight started to break out among the Klingons. Kagome watched in annoyance as Inu-Yasha ignored the loud brawl happening not 5 feet away, that is until they bumped into their table, spilling what was left of Kagome's food all over her.

Inu-Yasha growled and pushed the larger of the two away from the other. 'Well that's more like Inu-Yasha.' Kagome thought. Inu-Yasha stood between them and issued a warning via the flashing of his claws. The larger man slinked off back to his table and Inu-Yasha felt himself being turned to face the remaining Klingon, who on closer look turned out to be female, and a rather voluptuous one at that. Once fully turned toward said female he was pulled forward and found himself in the tight embrace of her bosom.

"What a brave warrior you are." Came the throaty voice of the female. Inu-yasha found Kagome's eyes and silently transmitted an sos to her.

"Come on Inu-Yasha we're late." 'And I need a bath.' Kagome was somehow able to drag Inu-Yasha away from the 'death lock' the other woman had on him.


Once they had left the room the Klingon's friend patted her heartily on the back. "You better watch it, Karita you know what happens when you come between prospective mates."

"Please, she couldn't go one round with a Tika cat." (That means she's really weak.)

***

Sickbay:

Kagome was going over medical text while the Doctor instructed her when the doors opened to emit a patient.

They turned to find it was Inu-Yasha holding a hand to his cheek.

"Inu-yasha! What happened?" Kagome ran to his side.

"Nothing." He avoided her gaze.

"You're acting like you do when..." 'You've seen Kikyo.' she finished silently, but he knew what she was going to say.

"It's nothing." He said more forcefully, this time looking her in the eye, since this was not anything like an encounter with Kikyo. The Klingon woman had nearly attacked him, and seemed almost turned on when he tried to fend her off. It was damn scary, and he did not want to think about it, let alone tell Kagome about it.

"Let me see." Kagome tried to remove his hand.

"No."

"If it is nothing then let me see."

"I said no!"

"Yes!"

"NO!"

"YES!"

A small struggle ensued but was interrupted when the Doctor cleared his throat.

Inu-Yasha finally let them both see his wound. Kagome gasped and the Doctor just had a suspicious grin on his face. On Inu-Yasha's cheek was a wound similar to one Kagome had received when baby-sitting her little brother one time, he hadn't gotten his way and the little brat bit...her.

"This is from that Klingon woman Kagome was telling me about." The Doctor stated more than asked.

"Yes." Inu-yasha said.

"She bit you?" Kagome wondered strangely, if not a little angrily.

The Doctor treated Inu-yasha's bite mark and then handed him some literature.

"You have you're Doctor's permission to continued your activities with the Klingon female." The Hologram said.

"What, what's going on?" Kagome asked and looked at Inu-yasha who had a puzzled expression on his face, followed by a shocked expression. Then he proceeded to turn bright red, right to the tips of his ears. Kagome went over to him and peered over his shoulder at the pad he was reading. It contained a rather detailed description of the Klingon mating rituals. Well now Kagome's coloring rivaled Inu-Yasha's as she snatched the pad out of his hands and whirled to face the Doctor.

"How could you give this to him? Inu-Yasha is not going to be, mating with that Klingon!" Then she stomped out of the room.

**

Later in the Mess HAll:

It was after hours so not many people were around. Kagome sat on a small couch facing the windows and Inu-Yasha squatted down next to her watching the stars whiz by. She had calmed down some and Inu-Yasha found her and deemed it safe to approach.

"Well what are we going to do about her anyway?" Kagome asked.

"Nothing." Inu-Yasha said as if it was the obvious answer.

"Nothing! What do you mean nothing?"

"What do I care if some crazy Klingon bitch wants me."

"She'll come after you again."

"I'll be ready for her."

"You can't just attack her, they may have different ways of doing things but you should still let her down easily."

"Let her down easily?" He said incredulously. "Keh."

Kagome let out a frustrated sigh.

"If I may interject." Said Neelix, coming over to join them.

"No!"

"Go ahead Neelix." Kagome gesture to him.

"You are both right, Klingons do have certain ways of doing things, but you cannot let them down easily."

"What do you have in mind?"

"Well I've been reading up on their culture and I must say it is fascinating, it's a culture steeped in ritual and..."

"Get to the point hedgehog." Inu-Yasha said impatiently.

"Inu-Yasha. I'm sorry Neelix, please continue."

Neelix hesitated but continued. "Um, well, they respect action and power above empty words. So you either have to prove you are a weak and unworthy mate."

"Or..." Inu-Yasha prompted in a 'that's not happening' tone of voice.

"Ah, or prove that you already have a worthy mate."

"But I don't have a mate."

"Well we don't have to tell her that." Kagome said conspiratorially.

***


The Wildman's quarters:

The blipping bloop signaling someone at the door sounded and Samantha Wildman got up to answer it. When the door opened she was surprised to find a Klingon woman standing there.

"May I help you." Sam politely gulped out. (Because no matter how long the Federation and the Klingons had been at peace, their size and mannerisms was always going to be a little intimidating.)

"I know this is where Inu-Yasha is staying, you will get him for me." Karita said with finality.

"Um, yes, I'll be right back." Sam left and found Inu-Yasha and Kagome entertaining Naomi once again.

Naomi was teaching them to play Kadiscot (I don't know how to spell or play it, but I guess it's kind of like battleship.) and she hated to interrupt but...

"Inu-Yasha..." He gave her a questioning glance, that made him look so innocent and childlike. She just wanted to hug him not to mention pet those adorable little ears, and kick herself for ever having thought he would ever want to harm Naomi. "...there is a Klingon woman here to see you."

He shared a wary glance with Kagome but they both got up to confront her.

"I have come to continue our mating ritual, brave warrior Inu-Yasha."

"No you haven't." Came Kagome's short reply.

"And what are you going to do about it, you are not a worthy opponent, you are not his mate."

"I have plenty I can do about it." Kagome balled her fists and energy collected around them as she glared menacingly.

The Klingon detected a strong spike in both Kagome and Inu-yasha's scents as though they were attuned to one another. 'Perhaps she is a worthy opponent after all.' She noted as she also noted Inu-yasha standing proudly and supportively behind her. 'They are meant for each other it would seem.'

"Forgive me I had no right to come between two souls with such a strong bond." She left with no further thought and without incident.

Inu-yasha and Kagome stared awkwardly at each other until Sam spoke.

"Well if you two are done with you're 'macho posturing,' dinner's ready."

***

Some corridor somewhere:

Nearly a week with the Klingon's, and no sign of Naraku had Inu-yasha going stir crazy.

So Inu-yasha took to aimlessly wondering the corridors now that Kagome was helping out in Sick Bay once again.


"I know you're there Inu-yasha, I can smell you." Said and annoyed B'Elanna whom he had unconsciously been following for the past few minutes.

Inu-yasha came out of lurk dome.

"You've been following me for a wile know. I thought you usually reserved the trained puppy routine for Kagome."

He took offense at this, but continued to follow her into the Turbo lift.

"So what gives? I don't need anyone else... hovering over me."

"Don't flatter yourself or 'nothin', Kagome and the Doctor got tired of my hovering, so I got bored, you just happen to be going the same way I am."

"Well go home Inu-yasha."

B'Elanna dismissed him after they got off the Turbo lift to the Engineering deck. He watched her disappear around the corner were he could also see a group of burly Klingons impatiently waiting outside.

He saw B'Elanna take a few "confidant" strides towards them and she stopped short as the group of Klingons turned to her. They had been waiting for the mother of their Messiah it would appear. It would also appear that they weren't going to give her any room to breath.

"Get out of my way." B'Elanna said none too patiently to the tall Klingon male blocking the entrance to Engineering.

"We just want a word with the mother of our saviour." Said a skeptical Klingon.

"So called saviour." Another, shorter but no less brutal looking Klingon said. "She's just a mongrel, how can she carry our saviour?" Some of the others surrounding her looked about ready to spit.

Inu-yasha clenched and unclenched his fists, though none of them had noticed him yet, he was ready to pound them. But he had promised Kagome and the Captain, no fights.

The Klingon's continued squabbling. "No one ever said she had to be of pure Klingon blood. The circumstances are right."

"I never thought you were so naive..."

Others started to join the argument as B'Elanna inched her way out of the crowd and disappeared safely behind the doors to Engineering.

Inu-Yasha relaxed slightly as the threat of a violent angry mob turning on B'Elanna passed. He was about to turn and head back the way he came when he heard one say,

"It's bad enough she's half Human, but to sully the Klingon blood line further with a child that is only a quarter Klingon, it makes me sick. Mongrel children are the lowest of the low, shouldn't even be aloud to grow." (Sorry, I know, not very Klingony to rhyme.)

"Oy." Inu-yasha stepped around the corner, making his presence known. He wasn't sure if he was angry for B'Elanna's sake or his own, probably a little of both.

"Another pathetic half Human. I can smell it on you boy, that and wet dog." The Klingon laughed and taunted.

"Say that again and I'll rip your tongue out." Inu-Yasha growled.


"Are you going to fight me with that pitiful looking stick." The Klingon gestured to Tetsusaiga at Inu-yasha's side.

"Keh, I don't need a sword to fight you." He cracked his knuckles and flashed his claws at him. Most of the other Klingon's backed away, allowing the four combatants room to fight. It wasn't their fight after all and they would allow them to settle it between themselves honorably.

Not long after the fight began five security officers showed up.


"This is their fight and we must let it play out." One of the Klingon's tried to stop the security officers.

"And this is a Star Fleet ship, not a Klingon one, we do things a little differently." Tuvok told the Klingon's in no uncertain terms as the rest of the security officers pulled Inu-Yasha and the three Klingons apart.

"Take them to sickbay." Tuvok told his team. The Klingons and Inu-Yasha grudgingly let themselves be taken.


*****

Sickbay:

When security showed up with wounded Klingons Kagome was surprised to learn that Inu-Yasha was among them, though why she was surprised is anyone's guess.

"Inu-Yasha, what happened?"

"..." Inu-yasha didn't look at her.

"It would appear that Inu-yasha defended Lieutenant Torres' honor." The Doctor said after speaking with Tuvok and a few of the Klingon witnesses.

"So why are you treating him like a criminal?" Kagome asked indignantly.

"He interfered in a security matter." Tuvok stated plainly.

"He was just trying to help." Kagome pleaded.

"Kagome..." Inu-yasha tried half-heartedly to get her attention.

"He is not a security officer." Tuvok informed her.

"Well maybe he should be."

"Kagome..."

"He is undisciplined and does not take orders."

"He's strong, and honorable, and trustworthy."

"Kagome..."

"If you'd only give him a..."

"Ka. go. me."

"What!"

"I started the fight."

"You did!" She bellowed, then quickly sidled over to Inu-yasha and whispered to him. "What were you thinking? This isn't just some of you're macho, testosterone crap is it? Tell me it isn't."

"Not exactly."

"What's that supposed to mean? You promised that you wouldn't get into any fights."

"..."

"Inu-yasha?"

"She wasn't in any danger or 'nothin.' I just didn't like what they said about her and the kid."

'Because it reminded you of you and your mother.' Kagome thought.

"If you're quite finished., I'll take him to the brig now." Tuvok interjected and Inu-yasha followed him silently.

*****

Tom and B'Elanna's quarters:

Tom and B'Elanna sat on a Starfleet issue 24th century couch, facing a 1930's style television set. The space was populated by other odd incongruities such as a toaster sitting on a table surrounded by pads (like a pda, though more advanced) it was an odd mix on new and old but somehow it worked.

"I know he started that fight , but I also know he had to have had a good reason and I think that reason was you, at least in part." Kagome stood in front of the couple pleading her case.

"Me?" B'Elanna said incredulously.

"Yes he was protecting you. You said they were harassing you before you went into Engineering and that was just before Inu-yasha and the Klingons fought, he had to have seen."

"You're taking a lot on faith." B'Elanna said skeptically.

"Inu-Yasha may be impulsive at times, but he doesn't just start a fight for no reason."

"Even if I did believe you, what am I supposed to do about it?"

"Talk to the Captain, get her to release Inu-yasha."

"It's only two days, you'll survive." B'Elanna said, not unkindly. "The Captain does what she thinks is necessary."

"But it isn't necessary..."

"Kagome I know you care about your, friend but..." B'Elanna started.

"Awww c'mon, we could help the little guy out, he's not so bad, especially if he kept a bunch of angry Klingons from storming Engineering to get to you." Paris pouted at his wife.

B'Elanna sighed. "I'll see what I can do."

***

A little while later B'Elanna met with Kagome in the Wildman's quarters.

Naomi opened the door, smiling she ran back inside shouting, "Kagome, B'Elanna's here!" B'Elanna let herself in and followed.

"No luck I'm afraid, but it could be worse."

"Yeah I know, thank you for trying anyway. Maybe I was being a little selfish after all. Naomi told me about the time your husband was put in the brig for 30 days for trying to save a planet made out of water. And I thought I lived a strange life." She paused while contemplating the strange twists her life had taken thus far. "Captain Janeway doesn't play favorites does she?"

"Tom calls it tough love. Even though I think the consequences of his actions were less than, enjoyable, I was still proud of him."

"Yeah I'm still proud of Inu-yasha too, oh not for starting a fight, but for stopping when he had to, and maybe I am being a little foolish but I do still believe he was doing it to protect you. And I guess the Captain has to keep the peace somehow." They both shared a thoughtful smile.


*****

Mess Hall:

Tom watched as B'Elanna was just finishing up her adventurous, if somewhat embellished tale of her victory over a very powerful enemy, when T'Greth, the most skeptical of the Klingon group, started to bait her. He suggested none too subtly that Tom was not the father of the KuvahÕMagh T'Greth not only inferred that Kohlar, their leader, may be hopping into bed with his wife but also that Inu-Yasha might be too.

What was Tom to do but defend his own place in his family as well as B'Elanna's honor.


**

Two Crewmen and a bit of gossip:

"Have you heard? Tom's going to fight one of the Klingons."

"Really, fascinating."

"Oh you're no fun to gossip to."

"So try someone else."

"I have to tell you, you're the only one here."

"Fine, proceed with your oh so exciting piece of ship intrigue."

"Okay, so word is one of the Klingon's called into question Torres' fidelity. Not only did he suggest she was bedding,"

"Wait, wait, bedding?"

"Fine, not only was she doing it, having sex with the Klingon captain, but Inu-yasha as well. You know on account of them spending so much time together and Inu-yasha coming to her rescue and all. So Paris had no choice but to defend her honor, and prove he was man enough to be the father of the Kuv'a whatsit or something."

"So, is it true then?"

"Is what true?"

"Is Torres sleeping around?"

"How should I know, I'm only telling you what I heard."

*****

Brig:

His "cell" was much like his quarters but smaller and he couldn't leave to go find Kagome. That didn't mean he hadn't tried, but they had put that damned barrier up and just like the first time he encountered one of it's kind, it was not budging. So for two days he sat and thought/brooded in the corner of his small room.

Two days in the brig, and Inu-yasha was well rested if a bit antsy ( Big understatement.) But he was out now and Kagome was there to greet him with a great big hug.

Kagome could tell his whole body was twitching, and she hoped Inu-Yasha wouldn't think about jumping into any fights. 'I hope we get to this planet they found for the Klingon's soon because we're both getting cabin fever.'

"I missed you so much."

"Stupid girl we've only been apart two days." He said it quietly and she new he missed her too.

Kagome filled him in on the latest happenings, as if he cared.

"Wait why do they think I'm sleeping with B'Elanna when I'm sleeping with you?" She knew he didn't know what he had just said but she couldn't help the blush anyway and so, tried to explain without her head exploding.

"No, Inu-Yasha not sleeping, but "sleeping.""

"Huh?"

"Having sex."

"Oh..." He of course turned bright red now too. "Didn't we settle this whole mate thing already? Can't they smell the truth?"

"I think they were just trying to bait Paris into a fight."

"Keh."

*****

Holodeck:

They were now in what appeared to be a cave/arena, though Inu-Yasha new better it was all fake.

"You're going to fight him." He gestured to the mean looking Klingon and eyed the pale human beside him. "Good luck with that." Inu-yasha clapped Paris on the back.

"Inu-yasha, be nice." Kagome admonished.

"What? I meant, 'good luck with that.'"

Many Klingon and Starfleet had gathered in the simulated cave setting to watch Tom Paris fight the Klingon, for his wife's honor. Kagome was there to help out the Doctor if need be. Inu-yasha was mostly there because Kagome was, and also on the off chance that he might get to step in and finish the fight if Tom wasn't able to, even if Klingon tradition wouldn't allow it.

The fight began and Paris held off the bigger more experienced Klingon fairly well thanks to his Klingon training program and the help of Kohlar. He countered blow after blow with one of his own but only just holding T'Greth back, at first, then the Klingon started to get short of breath and his blows became weaker, until he finally collapsed.

*****

Sickbay:

Inu-yasha sat squatting on the central console of Sickbay and oversaw all the proceedings. As it turned out Human weakness did not triumph over Klingon strength in this case. No, the Klingon collapsed from the Nehret, a disease B'Elanna and her child now had.

"You..." B'Elanna started but was interrupted by Inu-Yasha's menacing growl at the Klingon on the Biobed.

"Inu-yasha," Kagome warned. "Just go sit over there." Inu-yasha of course went crashing to the floor. Kagome looked stricken. "Oh sorry I didn't mean it, wow I haven't done that in a while huh." Inu-Yasha glared disbelievingly at her.

T'Greth's raucous laughter was cut short by B'Elanna's furry at the man for endangering her baby.

"I think it would be best if you two left." The Doctor addressed Kagome and Inu-Yasha.

Kagome dragged Inu-Yasha off the floor and left them to their family crisis.


*****

(Again, a lot of the following is direct quotes from the episode "Prophecy" only the Inu-Yasha and Kagome bits are my words.)

Inu-Yasha dropped Kagome off back at sickbay when they deemed it was safe. He walked back to the Wildman's and around the bend in the corridor he could hear that T'Greth guy having a heated argument with the other Klingons and decided to stay down wind and listen.

"The child is not the Kuvah'Magh.' T'Greth informed the other Klingons.

"But the father accepted your challenge. He defeated you..." Reasoned another.

"I was defeated by the Nehret!" T'Greth screamed in anger. and then continued "B'elanna Torres and her child will fall victim to it as well."

"Impossible."

"They both carry it. She told me herself."

"But the Scrolls say the Kuvah'Magh "is younger than old age...'" One Klingon started and T'Greth finished.

"...'and stronger than sickness.'"

"She cannot be our saviour. We should resume our search."

"Kohlar and many of the others wouldn't agree."

"Then we must act alone. For the good of our people."

"How?"

"We'll wait for the right moment. And then when it comesÉ. Éwe'll seize Voyager."

Inu-Yasha quietly headed in the opposite direction, even he realized this was too big for just him alone.


***

Sickbay:

The Doctor and Kagome are working at a console in sickbay when Torres enters.

"You said it was urgent?"

"I need to conduct a more detailed bio-scan of your baby."

"She's not sick, is she?" Torres says with more than a hint of worry, as Kagome ushers her onto a Biobed.

"No...But I may be on to something."


***

'Captain, IÕm detecting multiple transports.' Paris says urgently. 'Some of our people are being beamed to the surface.' Now he is shocked.

"Cut power to the Transporters!" The Captain orders.


"I can'tÉ"


"Bridge to Engineering...B'elanna respond!" Janeway tries to contact her people.

"There's' no one in Engineering." Paris says with deadly informity.


To Be Continued...

I don't know when the next update will be but it will not be as long in coming as this one was. :D