InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Where No Hanyou Has Gone Before ❯ Closing In, Part 2 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
ch 12

Closing In, Part 2

Summary: Kagome and Seven are captured by Naraku. Who will come to their rescue.

All normal disclaimers apply.

Notes: Shortest update yet, for me anyway. I tried writing this at the same time as the last chapter so I think it's better than my last cliffhanger, though I still have trouble with battles scenes. Well I hope you enjoy.


*****

The security team stood with a shocked kind of aw at Inu-Yasha's body floating lifelessly in space. Tuvok ordered one of his security officers to take the distraught Naomi back to her mother.
Moments after the "hit and run," the Captain, and B'Elanna along with her Engineering team joined them.

The Captain stood in silence starring out at the horrific scene. No one wanted to disturb her, they knew every loss hit her hard.
But eventually she had to become the Captain again, strong and commanding. "Somebody get him inside, now! Lt. Torres, how long before we can go after them?"

"Five hours, minimum." Torres gave a worried glance past the gaping whole in the Cargo Bay and we see Inu-Yasha's body enveloped in the blue light of the tractor beam, lending an ethereal kind of beauty to the morbid scene.

B'Elanna shook herself and turned determinedly to give orders to her team.

The Captain then walked out and ordered Tuvok to follow, presumably to discuss strategy.

*****

Kagome opened her eyes groggily, the last thing she remembered was Naomi's startled face followed by a sharp prick on her neck.
*Must have been drugged, I have all of one guess as to who, but where the hell am I?*

It was dark and she tried to look around only to find that she couldn't move her neck, and upon further analysis she had lost the use of her body from the neck down. At least someone was "kind" enough to sit her up so she could see the only other occupant in the tiny room.

Seven was strapped to a table a few feet in front of her, and she could see two tubes going into, or were they coming out of the back of her right hand? Kagome blinked a few times to clear her vision, yep the tubes were coming out of her hand.

*Inu-Yasha where are you?*

"Seven." She said weekly, she was glad for the use of her voice at the least. "Seven, What's going on?" Seven didn't answer and Kagome couldn't even be sure she had heard, but someone had.

"I am taking what is mine."




*****

Sickbay:

Inu-Yasha lay on a Bio bed, around which, Paris and the Doctor are starting the post mortem.






The Doctor turned away to retrieve an instrument when there was a sudden spike on Paris' Tricorder.

"Doctor! I have a heart beat."

"physiostimulator!"(AN) The Doctor orders.

Paris used the device on Inu-Yasha and had to jump out of the way as Inu-Yasha sat bolt upright.

"Kagome!" After a moment he became aware of his surroundings. "Where's Kagome, what happened?" He asked in a bit of a fog.

Paris and the Doc shared a look and then Paris responded, "Naraku's gone, he took Kagome and Seven."

"What!?"

"It'll be a few hours before we can go after them, I'm sorry."

Inu-Yasha looked like he might kill something, or or even scarier, possibly start bawling like a baby.

"We'll get them back." The Doctor tried to be reassuring.

Inu-Yasha didn't say anything, just shoved his way past them and ran out the door.

"For a corps he's pretty lively." The Doctor said.

*****

HoloDeck:

Somehow he ended up here, started this program, he couldn't think what else to do.

The green grass and the blue skies of his home surrounded him, the faces of his friends stared back at him, their voices traveling to his ears, but it was not his home and they were not his friends, it wasn't even real. He needed to get Kagome back.

For whatever reason he told the holographic Miroku, Sango, and Shippo what had happened. These holo characters were pale imitations of his real friends, and even though the real versions could be just as annoying at times, he, missed them?

Inu-Yasha thought he would be sick as he watched "Miroku" feel "Sango's" rear and "Sango" slapped him as usual, but she seemed to enjoy it.

"Computer, make Sango hate Miroku like she should." Inu-Yasha ordered the computer.

That's when "Sango" sat down next to him and rested her head on his shoulder. Inu-Yasha was too shocked to move until she started nuzzling his neck that is, then he freaked out.

"Computer delete Sango character." He said panting with fright.

"Damn it Miroku this stupid version of our life was probably your doing, don't you have anything useful to tell me?"

"I am a Buddhist monk, a pacifist, except when it comes to women." At this point he went chasing a woman who just happened to be walking past.

Inu-Yasha sighed in frustration, he didn't need "comedy" he needed advice and he wasn't going to get it here. He turned to leave but "Shippo" in his floating pink ball form blocked his path.

"Don't be sad Inu-yasha, we can rescue Kagome together, you, me, and Kirara."

"Well you're just as helpful as the real Shippo." Inu-Yasha was about to take a swing at him but stopped himself. He stared between "Shippo's" floating form and that of the airborne "Kirara" and suddenly had an idea. He didn't even bother to turn off the program as he left the Holodeck.


*****

"Computer, go!

Fly!!

Move your Fucking ass!!!" Inu-Yasha drew his sword, threateningly, too bad the computer wasn't intimidated.

"Inu-Yasha, that rarely works, and if you damage the Delta Flyer none of us will be able to go after Kagome." Janeway made her presence known.

"Why don't you have a seat over there and let Mr. Paris fly the shuttle." Janeway suggested and Inu-Yasha acquiesced.

He sat down to the left of Tuvok. and asked. "So we're going after Kagome, now?"

"Of course, we have to get Seven and Kagome back now, while the trail is hot as it were, and before he has a chance to go through with whatever it is he is planning. It's a good Idea taking a shuttle but you can't go alone, that's why we're here." Janeway answered before Tuvok had a chance to.

"You're not gonna stop me from going?" Inu-Yasha was more than a little surprised.

"If you are determined enough to try to fly a shuttle by yourself into danger then I can't stop you." Janeway said having been talked out of going it alone herself by Tuvok and Chakotay only minutes ago.

"Now let's get moving shall we Mr. Paris?"

"Aye Captain."

*****

"I am taking what is mine." Naraku announced from somewhere in the dark. Kagome looked down to see if she still had the jewel.

"Oh I'm not talking about the Jewel, I'm disappointed really, it's still so pure."

"You let it fall back into our hands. You still want us to turn against each other." Kagome stated.

"That my dear was only a small part of my plan, more of a little fun on the side, taking care of old business if you will. I have some new business now, one must change with the times, and the Jewel is old 'technology.'" He moved towards Seven and Kagome was worried, she had to distract him further.

"Then, wha..."

"Nano probes of course. After joining with that crewman..."

"Jared." Kagome mumbled at him. (AN 2)

"What?"

"His name was Jared."

Naraku continued. "That's not important." He waved a hand. "Since joining with Jared I slowly started to learn a great deal about this time, and this area of space. And about the Borge. Nano probes are better than the Jewel, though they can't destroy Inu-Yasha as beautifully as the Jewel can, which is why I'm letting you keep it."

"Thanks." Kagome says sarcastically. *I'm starting to wonder if he even meant to kidnap me at all.*

Seven wakes up.

"Ah good you're awake, wouldn't want you to miss this." Naraku moves closer to her once more.

"What is it that I shouldn't miss? And what have you done to me?" Seven asked a little frightened but mostly annoyed, she was strapped to a table with her Borge tubes exposed after all.

"I have taken as many nano probes as I could but it isn't enough so I've contacted the Borge, all I want is just a little bit of their perfection, and all they want is you."

"The Borge won't give you what you want. You want perfection, I assure you they want it more and they would rather destroy you than have your imperfection contaminate them."

"We will see about that."

Kagome felt some feeling at in her toes. She may be able to move again soon, then she could what, overpower him, with the Jewel? She wasn't sure if she wanted to take that step now.

Naraku was about to do something else to Seven, who knows what, but he didn't get to...

"Naraku!" Inu-Yasha came barging in as usual, of course Kagome was very happy about this.

"Ah Inu-Yasha, you finally made it. I was worried you'd be late, again." Naraku sneered.

Tuvok and Paris were by Kagome's side now and she could see the Captain lurking behind Inu-Yasha, trying to make her way to Seven. Inu-Yasha glanced her way to make sure she was all right, but then turned his full attention to Naraku.

They began to fight in the cramped room. *I can't let him do this, I have to stop him. I know what Kikyo was planning by giving Naraku the Jewel.* This is what has to be done, why she was feeling anxious all day. *I'm sorry Inu-Yasha.*

"Naraku!" She shouted to get his attention and everyone froze.

"Kagome..." Inu-Yasha said in confusion but she ignored him. "Are you afraid to use the Jewel?"

"I'm not afraid of anything." Naraku said.

"Yes, you're afraid that it will corrupt you, that you won't be able to control it, like you do with so many others. That's why you haven't used it before, why you get your minions to use it for you."

"Don't be stupid."

"That's why you're trying to become stronger, using Seven's Nano probes...why don't you use it, you're strong enough now?"
"This is a most illogical course of action." Tuvok whispered.


"Do you think I'm stupid? Or just egotistical? That I would use it just because of your ridiculous taunting."

"Well I'm tired of this, I want it over and done, no more games Naraku, use the Jewel and let's finish this."

"Kagome you can't mean..." Inu-Yasha began. Kikyo's words came back to him and he realized what Kagome was planning. He realizes if they destroy Naraku they can't go home, but that didn't matter to him, he couldn't let Kagome destroy herself!

"Ah I see you will use up your power to destroy me, this should prove amusing when it doesn't work, I'd love to see the look on Inu-Yasha's face." Naraku grabs the Jewel from her and almost instantaneously it starts to turn black. Inu-Yasha stands ready to fight, The Captain has freed Seven and Tuvok is trying to help Kagome to safety.

"No I'm not leaving." Kagome stands (or rather sits) firm.

"I hope you know what you're doing." Paris says.

She still doesn't have complete motor control yet but she says, "Yes." with conviction. *Once we destroy Naraku in this time there probably is no going back to our own time.*

The Jewel and Naraku seem to almost be vying for control and while he is distracted
Inu-Yasha sees his chance and knocks the Jewel out of Naraku's hand.
"Take the Jewel." Inu-yasha orders Kagome.

"Inu-Yasha?"

"Kagome take the Jewel. There is another way." *I hope.* With the pleading look in Inu-Yasha's eyes how could she refuse, Kagome takes the Jewel and purifies it.

The Captain and him worked out this contingency plan before hand, Tuvok leaves silently and Naraku either doesn't notice or care.

Inu-Yasha "disperses" Naraku with a Kaze no Kizu but Naraku reforms quickly.
He does this again a few more times with the same result.

"We could do this all day." Naraku taunts and at the same time makes a grab for Kagome which Inu-Yasha blocks.

Naraku taps into his nano probes and a big gun erupts from his arm, which he then shoots at Inu-Yasha who counters with the Back lash wave.

Naraku remains in pieces, squirming on the floor, they have only a few more minutes before he reforms this time.

"The Borge are on their way we have to go." Tuvok says over the comm.

"Maybe we should leave him to the Borge. It'd be a fitting end." Paris says.

"No. I've said it before Naraku is mine. Now Tuvok!" Inu-Yasha shouts and Naraku shimmers away.

"What happened?" Kagome asks.

"Less talk more moving." Inu-Yasha tugs on her arm.

She's standing now but she still can't get her legs to move. "I can't, Naraku did something to me." Inu-Yasha scoops her up in his arms yet there is no need as the Captain orders Tuvok to transport them to the Delta Flyer.

Inu-Yasha holds Kagome in his arms even after they are safely on bored.

"Captain the Borge are almost upon us." Tuvok says.

"No time to out run them." Paris says from the conn.

Kagome didn't know just how scary the Borge actually were, since she had never met them personally, but she read a few stories, and Seven was living proof that these atrocities were real. If those weren't enough to frighten her the monstrous cube bearing down upon them was. The Voyagers weren't looking forward to a fight and Inu-Yasha may not even be a match for them.

"Maybe they haven't spotted us." Janeway said hopefully, yet she knew it was foolish.

"Um, I might be able to make sure they don't." Kagome said.

"Really, have you done it before?"

"No but, I'm pretty sure I can set up a barrier and mask our presence." Kagome said and Inu-Yasha rolled his eyes, but didn't say anything.

"Well I'm willing to have you try." The Captain said.

Inu-Yasha sat her in a chair and she was slightly disappointed that he let her go but his presence was enough. She took the Jewel in her hand and used it's power to enhance her own. She concentrated and soon the whole cabin, the hole ship was glowing, not quite the effect one would expect when trying to hide.

Tense minutes passed as the Borge cube got closer and came within meters of the hull. Soon Tuvok announced that it had passed and was out of range.

They were still glowing however.

"Kagome you can stop now." Inu-yasha said, there was no answer so he attempted to take the jewel away and got a jolt, "Kagome!"

She finally let the barrier down and fell against Inu-Yasha's chest.
"I was so scared, Inu-Yasha." She whispered, exhausted.
"Me too." He whispered back and embraced her tighter.

*****

Paris treated Kagome and she was now recovered enough to be able to walk around.

"What were you thinking giving Naraku the Jewel?" Inu-Yasha chastised.

"I was going to destroy him once and for all."

"And yourself right along with him."

"You think I couldn't handle the power like Kikyo could, that it would destroy me?"

"You weren't planning on dying."

"Of course not, I would never do that to you." She left unspoken what she thought Kikyo was planning and why, though she suspected Inu-Yasha was thinking it too, and she didn't want to start that argument.

They shared an awkward if relieved silence, which Kagome eventually broke. "So what happened to Naraku?"

"I'll show you." He lead her to the back compartment of the ship.

She saw bits of demons in jars, an arm here, a leg there, an unmentionable or two. (Eww) All unmoving.

"He has been put into stasis, until he can be dealt with, perhaps in your own time." Tuvok supplied an answer to her unasked question.

"He's not going anywhere." Paris said.

"I'm kind of surprised you agreed to this Inu-Yasha." Kagome says.

"It wasn't easy." Janeway remarked.

Flashback to the shuttle earlier that day:

"What do you plan on doing once we find Naraku?" Janeway asked him.

"Kill him of course." Was Inu-Yasha's natural reply.

"Tell me what will happen to your friends in the past if Naraku is destroyed here and now, can you be certain that he was not meant to be destroyed in the past to preserve your future?"

"Can you be certain I wasn't meant to destroy him here and now?"

"Point taken. But I believe it is best to attempt to put everyone back in their right time frame, messing with time lines is a messy business, believe me I know. And I will not have you kill him, not on my watch, no matter what atrocities he has performed, which is why I think stasis is the best option right now."

"Stasis?"

"Kind of like a deep sleep, he would be completely immobilized. We'd need your help of course."

"What do I have to do?"

Back to now:

"And the rest you know."

"Well I'm just glad you came." No one bothered mentioning to her just how close he came to not coming at all.

This was not over.


Authors' Notes
physiostimulator: I got this term from the Daystrom Institute Technical Library web site, so I'm not entirely sure if I'm using it right.

2) Jared, I'm pretty sure I haven't mentioned the name of the crewman I had Naraku absorb before.