InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Why? ❯ Chapter 4

[ A - All Readers ]

Hi all!!
 
 
I'll try to make this chap's A/N(s) short, but I do want to say that this is the next to last chapter. The last one might take me a bit to get to, though, simply because I want to make it REALLY good, and you'll see why after this chap - the plot for the next onepractically given away.
 
 
 
YoukaiLuvr
 
 
P.S. You remember thatquote from the last chap? “Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath, now for ruin, and a red dawn! Forth Eorlingas!!”That was spoken by King Theoden in Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, just before the battle on the Rohan plains. It's sort of a pep-talk line - he says it as he's rallying the soldiers to go fight the Orcs, Southern Men, Oliphants, and other creatures. I really don't know why I put that in there, but I had just finished watching the extended edition of The Two Towers, so that might have something to do with it….
 
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, created by Takahashi Rumiko, nor do I own any of the original show characters or plot lines. I also do not own any plot references to Stargate SG-1; nor do I own anything from the Lord of the Rings franchise.
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-123 4567890-
 
 
Why?
Chapter 4
 
 
Several days had passed since Mai and Kaji left to go back to Akiko, and tonight was exactly three weeks since they had defeated Naraku. Also, since Kagome's return, Inuyasha hadn't left her side…except for personal reasons - the small lump he had received from a thrown rock when he had initially refused to leave her alone for her usual bath with Sango was a painful enough reminder that she did need some private time - and the same was true of Miroku and Sango.
 
 
The mood at dinner was both cheerful and somber at the same time. They were celebrating the three-week anniversary of Naraku's downfall, yet were also reminded of what it nearly cost them, and what it could have cost them without her sacrifice. However, overall it was a happy affair, as if the inhabitants of the village and the heroes just wanted to put the whole bloody mess behind them.
 
Inuyasha left the party early, not really used to crowds; at least, not used to happy crowds - his forte was dealing mobs, particularly angry mobs. Not too long after, Kagome excused herself as well, saying she was tired and was calling it a night. The others saw through her white lie; it was rather obvious what she was really going to do, considering she had been spending nearly all of her time with a certain hanyou….
 
 
Finding Inuyasha was an easy task; he was seated in the Goshinboku, as usual. She walked underneath it and looked up. Inuyasha caught her gaze, jumped down, and, as he had done nearly every night since her return, picked her up and jumped back into position in the Goshinboku.
 
 
She settled down against his chest, his head falling on top of hers. It's amazing how easily something can become a habit, she mused. “Kagome?” he asked, his voice low. “Yeah?” she replied, not moving her head from his chest.
 
 
“What's been bugging you lately?” he said, a bit of concern leaking into his voice. “I've seen you spacing out several times in the last three days and to be honest, it's sorta creepy.”
 
 
Kagome giggled. She could creep out the mighty Inuyasha? The idea would be hilarious if she didn't know that he always spoke the truth around her now; well, tried to, at least.
 
 
“You find that funny, wench?” he growled, annoyed. Kagome just smiled; the use of the once offensive term had somehow been caught up in the upheaval of the last three weeks until it was no longer an insult, but rather a pet name of sorts.
 
 
“Sort of,” she said, returning his truthfulness before looking up at him. “It's just I never thought I'd be the one to actually creep you out.” He laughed and she felt the vibrations through her entire body. “Yeah, neither did I,” he said. “Now, tell me what's wrong.”
 
 
She sighed, then slowly complied. “Well, I…I want to try to go through the well. In the morning.” “Okay,” he said, slowly. “But you've done that hundreds of times before - why would it bother you now?”
 
 
Kagome put her head back down. “The jewel's whole,” she said simply.
 
 
Inuyasha furrowed his brow, confused for a moment, then he understood. “You're afraid the jewel won't allow you passage through anymore.”
 
 
“Yeah,” she said. “Or worse, it'll let me through, but only once. One-way trip to the future. But I have to try. I haven't seen my family in three weeks and they're probably freaking out by now.”
 
 
“I understand,” he said, turning her around so that she faced him. “And I want to go with you.”
 
 
“But Inuyasha,” she said. “What if you can't get back to this time?”
 
 
“I don't care,” he said. “I want to be with you, Kagome, no matter what time we're in. This past week has been incredible - I've never been happier - and I never want that to end.” He took a deep breath before continuing; lifting her chin with a crooked finger to make sure she was looking at him.
 
 
“Kagome, will you marry me? Become my mate?”
 
 
Kagome's hand flew to her mouth. Did he just...He did! Her heart leapt with joy.
 
 
“Kagome?” Inuyasha asked, uncertainly. Apparently she had taken a bit too long to respond. She decided to remedy that, immediately. “Of course I will, Inuyasha! Of course I'll be your mate!” Before the words were out of her mouth, her arms were around his neck, her face at his shoulder.
 
 
Her reaction evidently caught him off-guard, because they nearly fell out of the tree. “Really?” he asked. “Yes,” she said, smiling at him. “Really, truly, I will be - no, I want to be - your wife and mate.”
 
 
“And I'll become your mate and husband,” he said, smiling as well. “And you're not getting rid of me anytime soon; that means I'm coming with you to see your family.”
 
 
Touched by what had just happened and happy beyond belief, Kagome settled back down in Inuyasha's arms, only this time she was laying nearly chest-to-chest with him, instead of chest-to-back.
 
 
“I love you, you know,” he said just after yawning. “Yeah,” she said, yawning as well. “I love you too.” Not five minutes later, the pair was yet again sound asleep in each other's arms.
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-
 
The next morning, Inuyasha and Kagome walked in for breakfast an hour after sunrise to find the others already eating. “And what may I ask has you two up so late?” asked Miroku, his typical lecherous grin on his face at the thought - until said face was whacked with the edge of Hiraikotsu and the face of Tetsusaiga. A red lump appeared on the side of his head right next to a red handprint - evidently he couldn't keep his hands to himself, even for a few more weeks.
 
 
Ignoring the monk's predicament, Kagome grabbed a bowl of porridge and sat down next to Sango, who still hadn't cooled off completely from Miroku's actions. “Hey, Sango,” she said, “Do you want to walk down to the river with me to wash up after breakfast?” Sango swallowed the bite in her mouth. “Sure.”
 
 
Once they finished their meals, they grabbed their washing supplies, threatened the guys with `sits' and Hiraikotsu if they dared to follow - “We need some girl-time!!” - then left the hut.
 
 
Once they got to river, Sango turned to Kagome. “Okay, spill.” Kagome just looked at her. “Huh?” “Spill it! What happened between you and Inuyasha last night?” Kagome had been grinning like crazy while Inuyasha had a self-satisfied smirk plastered on his face all throughout breakfast and it had been driving Miroku and Sango crazy during the entire meal.
 
 
“Oh,” said Kagome, “Well, first off, you should know that Inuyasha and I are going to try to go through the well around lunch today.” “Understandable,” said Sango.
 
 
“But there's something else,” Kagome said. Sango just looked at her, the unasked question on her face. Kagome continued. “The well may not open at all or it could be a one way trip.” Comprehension dawned on Sango's face. “Oh,” was all she could say.
 
 
“I almost don't want to go because I may not be able to get back,” said Kagome, “But I want to see my family. Besides, what Inuyasha said to me last night more than makes up for the risk, I think.” That piqued Sango's interest, big time. “What did he say?” Kagome just grinned again. “Well, he said that he's going with me to the modern era, because he doesn't want to be without me.”
 
 
Sango's jaw dropped. “Inuyasha - our Inuyasha - said that?” Kagome nodded.
 
 
“And that's not all.”
 
 
“Well, what else???”
 
 
Kagome laughed at Sango's impatience. “Well, he, he asked me to marry him…and I said yes, of course.” Sango squealed with joy. “Oh, Kagome!” she cried. “That's wonderful!!” Kagome just smiled.
 
 
Sango was incredibly happy for her best friend - Inuyasha had waited long enough, too long in her opinion, to decide which miko truly held his heart - and after the events of the final battle, the two of them deserved some happiness.
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-
 
 
Inuyasha, Miroku, and Shippou were the only ones left in the hut - Kaede had already left to make her usual morning rounds - when they heard Sango's squeal. “Sango!” cried Miroku, turning to run out of the hut, only to trip over Inuyasha's proffered foot, reddening his face even further.
 
 
“She ain't in trouble, bouzo,” said Inuyasha, very calmly. He was standing up, leaning against the wall of the hut, his foot and leg still stuck out slightly to catch Miroku. Tucking his arms further into his haori sleeves, Inuyasha just smirked and said, “Kagome must've told her.”
 
 
“Huh?” said Shippou, who was currently attempting to pull the houshi up from ground; the size difference between the two made this a bit difficult. “Ugh, thanks for the `trip', Inuyasha,” said Miroku, grimacing. “But what must have Kagome told Sango?”
 
 
“Keh, only that I proposed to her and she accepted,” he said, still in that very un-Inuyasha-like calm.
 
 
The looks on the faces of Miroku and Shippou were priceless. Silence was the only sound throughout the hut until Shippou burst out “'Bout time! What took you so long?!?!” Inuyasha blinked at his outburst - that was very unexpected coming from little kit. “I'd like to say that I feel the same way, Inuyasha,” said Miroku, who was now grinning like the idiot he could be. “It's about time.”
 
 
“There's a bit of a catch though,” said Inuyasha, unfolding his arms and coming over to sit down beside the other two. “Kagome and I will be going through the well to visit her family before lunch, but with the jewel completed, there's no telling how the well will react.”
 
 
Miroku seemed to understand the implied meaning of this statement first. “Ah, so there's a chance the two of you may not return from the modern era.” Inuyasha nodded.
 
 
“I don't want you two to leave!” cried Shippou. “I want you to stay here with me!” Inuyasha looked at him, eyes softening slightly. I know, kid, I know.
 
 
“Miroku, do me a favor, wouldja?” The monk nodded. “You and Sango look after Shippou if we can't make it back.” “Of course, Inuyasha.”
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-
 
 
The girls returned shortly and all too soon the time came for the trip to the future. Kagome and Inuyasha tried to not make a big deal out of it - after all, there really wasn't any reason to not think that the well wouldn't work both ways - but the others came along anyway.
 
 
Once they arrived at the well, Kagome turned to Sango. “After we go through, we're going to come right back. If we're not back within an hour or two, most likely the well doesn't work.”
 
 
Sango nodded and opened her arms to catch Shippou as he jumped from Kagome's arms. Kagome walked back over to Inuyasha, who was waiting right next to the well. They said goodbye, Inuyasha put his arm around her waist, then they jumped.
 
 
-.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.-
 
 
When Inuyasha and Kagome entered the well, the time slip opened for them and surrounded them in the familiar blue lights. After crossing over, they looked up to see a wooden roof instead of white clouds and blue sky; they had made it to the modern era.
 
 
Inuyasha tightened his grip on Kagome, then jumped out of the well into the well-house proper. “Well, we're here. Do you want to try going back?” Kagome looked up at him. “Yeah. It'll drive me crazy if I don't know whether or not the well works both ways.”
 
 
They turned around and jumped back in the well. Once again, the blue lights swirled around them and when their feet were back on solid ground, they looked up to see an incredibly blue sky instead of a layer of dark brown wood. Kagome relaxed against him in relief. “It worked! The well works!! Oh, thank Kami….”
 
 
“Kagome!”
 
 
They looked up to see a small ball of red fluff falling toward them. Kagome reached up and caught Shippou before Inuyasha had a chance to smack him. “It worked! You're back!!” he cried, giving her as big a hug as his little arms could. Kagome laughed right along with him. “Yeah, it did. Hey, can you do me and Inuyasha a favor?”
 
 
Shippou nodded and Kagome continued. “Tell Miroku, Sango, and Kaede that Inuyasha and I will be back in about a week, `kay?” “Okay,” he said, hopping down from her arms and scrambling back up the sides of the well to wave to them from the top as they jumped up and back down through to the future.
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-
 
 
Inuyasha and Kagome walked out of the well-house to a bright, sunny afternoon where the shrine grounds were pure white with a coating of as yet untouched snow. Making the first tracks through the snow, they walked to the house and entered through the back door into the kitchen. “Nee-san!” hollered Souta as he came barreling around the corner. “You're home! And Inuyasha-nii-san, too!”
 
 
Kagome couldn't help but laugh; they had evidently caught his attention in the middle of dressing - his pants were on as was his belt, but the latter wasn't buckled, and his shirt was only halfway on and backwards to boot. “Hai, Souta,” she said, “We're back. But shouldn't you be at school?” Souta looked at her like she was crazy. “Iie, it's Saturday, or did you forget?” Kagome and Inuyasha just looked at each other. “Oh,” she said. “I must have lost track of time. Where are mom and gramps?”
 
 
Souta had pulled his shirt the rest of the way on, realized it was backwards, and was in the process of turning it around when he answered her. “They're out grocery shopping. Mom thought you would be home any day now, so she wanted to stock up. The snow just finished falling about five minutes ago, and Mom said as soon as it was done I could go over to Hitomi's, so I'm going to leave in a few minutes.”
 
 
“Ok,” said Kagome. “I guess we'll just stay here and rest until they get back. You will be back for dinner, right?”
 
 
“Yeah,” said Souta. “We just have to work out the kinks of a report that's due on Monday. It shouldn't take more than a few hours.” By this time he had finished putting on his clothes - the right way - and had grabbed his coat and bookbag.
 
 
“Alright,” said Kagome. “See ya later, Souta.” “Yeah,” said Inuyasha, speaking for the first time since returning to the modern era. “See ya later, kid.”
 
 
“Well,” said Kagome, turning to Inuyasha. “Looked like we have the house to ourselves for a few hours. What do you want to do? Sleep?” Inuyasha looked at her and gave her his `puppy-dog/begging' look.
 
 
“Eat ramen?” he asked hopefully - he had been without his favorite treat for three weeks; they had eaten the last packages the night before the fight seeing as Kagome had been planning on making a trip back right after the battle.
 
 
One look at his face made her decide to give in - when did that look not work? - and Kagome just laughed, walked over to the pantry, and pulled down the ramen.
 
 
-.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.- -.-
 
 
When Kagome's mom and grandpa got back, they were greatly happy to see her again. They asked all sorts of questions about what happened, but Kagome said that she'd tell them at dinner so Souta could hear as well.
 
 
Later that night, dinner had been prepared with an extra bowl of ramen just for Inuyasha - he still hadn't had enough yet - and now they were all sitting around the table to eat. “So, Kagome,” said her grandfather. “How come you haven't come home for the past three weeks?”
 
 
Kagome nearly choked on her bite of shrimp. “Um, well, you remember how I said that Inuyasha, the others, and I had to keep on fighting this really powerful demon? To destroy him and finish collecting the Shikon-no-kakera?”
 
 
“Hai, go on,” said her mom. “Well,” said Kagome, looking at Inuyasha before continuing. “We did it. He's gone and the jewel's whole again.”
 
 
“That's wonderful, dear,” said her mom. “Cool!” said Souta. “The Shikon-no-tama?” questioned her grandfather. “May I see it?” Kagome nodded and pulled the jewel out from underneath the long-sleeved tee she was wearing; she and Inuyasha had both changed into modern day clothes - her, a green shirt and a pair of blue jeans; him, a red shirt and a pair of grey sweats - while their feudal clothing was in the wash.
 
 
The jewel was nearly transparent - a faint trace of white clouded the center - but that merely seemed to enhance the jewel's brightness as proof of its purity.
 
 
“Oohh,” was all her family could say, her grandfather in the lead. “Kagome,” he said, still very much in awe. “I thought you said that nearly the whole jewel was in the possession of this Naraku fellow and was thus tainted.”
 
 
Kagome nodded, keeping one hand on Inuyasha's arm; he had started to growl when the older man had mentioned Naraku's name. “That's right, Gramps.”
 
 
Her grandfather still looked confused. “But this jewel is so pure…I'm almost afraid to touch it. How can it be that pure if it was so tainted before?”
 
 
Inuyasha was the one to speak up this time, the pride evident in his voice as the slight frown melted into a smile. “That was all your granddaughter's doing, oyaji,” he said, causing said girl to blush and elbow him in the side, resulting in a small “oof” coming from the hanyou.
 
 
“Kagome,” said her grandfather, now staring at his granddaughter. “You really did this? You really purified the Shikon-no-tama?” At her nod, he continued.
 
 
“You must have the powers of a priestess, mayhaps inherited from my side of the family. But it is rather odd that your powers would be so strong when their strength in the rest of the family has only decreased for the last five generations.”
 
 
Kagome smiled to herself. Should I tell them that I'm the reincarnation of the priestess who originally guarded the Shikon-no-tama? she thought. Nah, don't wanna give them an information overload.
 
 
She settled for smiling and scooting a bit closer to Inuyasha before answering; she felt Inuyasha's left hand sneak it's way around to rest on her left hip - he was being bold, especially considering he was practically a nervous wreck about telling her family that they wanted their blessing to get married and her mother was sitting right across the table.
 
 
“Well,” she said at last. “It could just be that with all of that fights back ho-, back in the feudal era, that my powers have gotten more of a workout than the others.” She sighed nearly imperceptibly at her little slip-up, then continued.
 
 
“Anyway, the reason I'm so late in returning is that we were all exhausted and injured to one extent or the other, then we were needed to help with some repairs, so we were delayed. But there's something we need to ask you.”
 
 
She turned to Inuyasha and he took that as his cue. Turning to Kagome's mother, grandfather, and brother, he began to speak.
 
 
“Higurashi-san, Higurashi-san, Souta-kun. I have known Kagome now for nearly four years. She means more than anything to me. More than my own life. Last night, I asked her to share the rest of our lives together and marry me. She said yes.” Pausing to take a breath and pull Kagome even closer to him, he continued. “I, no, we would both like it very much if you would give us your blessing.”
 
 
He bowed his head to wait for their reaction and his right hand sought out hers for comfort; she gave it willingly, entwining the fingers of her hand with his.
 
 
“Inuyasha,” said Kagome's mom. His head jerked up to see all four of the Higurashis with a large grin on his or her face. He felt his face begin to smile as well as Kagome's mom continued.
 
 
“Of course you two have our blessing. But I must say, it certainly took the two of you long enough to do something about those feelings.”
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-
 
 
Later that night, Inuyasha and Kagome were settling down for bed upstairs in her room; Kagome's mom had given them permission to sleep in the same bed as long as there were no “marital relations” until after the wedding.
 
 
Kagome could tell Inuyasha was still in shock. He was facing away from her on the opposite side of the bed, already in his sleeping shorts. Finished with changing into her nightclothes and brushing out the tangles from her hair, she crawled across the bed and started to massage his shoulders.
 
 
“Mmm, I was right: you're just a bundle of knots back here. What's got you so tense?” He started to relax as soon as her hands touched his shoulders.
 
 
“I don't know, `Gome. I guess I was just worried about what your family would say. I mean, my being married to you would actually make me a part of your family and I wasn't sure what they would think about that….”
 
 
Kagome stopped rubbing his shoulders and sat down beside him. “What do you mean? They've been around you for as long as I've known you; they like you.”
 
 
“Still, being around someone or just `liking' someone is a hell of a lot different than having that person as part of your family,” he said. “Oh, Inuyasha,” said Kagome softly. She knew he still had doubts about others acceptance of himself simply because of his blood, but that fact that his self-doubt ran deep enough to extend to her family….
 
 
“How many times do I have to tell you: my family doesn't care what blood you have or who your parents were, all they care about is that we love each other and will be happy together. And of course, that's true. Now, come on, let's get some sleep.”
 
 
She crawled back over to `her' side of the bed and cut out her nightstand lamp. She felt the bed dip down towards the middle, the blanket being pulled up over her, arms around her shoulders, and knew Inuyasha had settled down for the night.
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-
 
 
The next week was fairly busy. Kagome's mom wanted the two of them to have a ceremony in the modern era, even if it wasn't the one they would consider to actually `marry' them, and Kagome agreed, knowing that a legal human marriage would only help in the event of an emergency during a return visit.
 
 
The ceremony was a small one; the only ones in attendance were Kagome, Inuyasha, her family, and the priest, an old friend of Kagome's grandfather's - one could be trusted to keep both the secret of Inuyasha's existence and his human night, for that was the night of the wedding. Kagome wore her mother's wedding kimono and Inuyasha borrowed her father's; the wedding kiss was a simple peck on the lips.
 
 
Later in the evening after the ceremony, after dinner had been eaten and cleaned away, Kagome's mom called Inuyasha and Kagome into the living room. Sitting down on the opposite side of the table from her mom and grandfather, Kagome said, “Yeah, mom?”
 
 
Nudging her father-in-law slightly (he was fascinated by the now-human Inuyasha), her mother replied, “Your grandfather and I have something we would like to give you. But before we do, I assume you two are going to want to make your life in the feudal era and -” She continued on, despite the looks of “How did you know?” on their faces. “Thus these gifts may not be very practical and you may not want them. But we wanted to offer them anyway.”
 
 
Kagome looked completely lost and Inuyasha even more, so her grandfather took up the explanation. “Kagome,” he said, garnering their attention. “I remember how, when you were a little girl, you used to love to play with your grandmother's wedding ring. You loved to pretend you were being proposed to by your stuffed animals.”
 
 
Pausing to laugh at Kagome's blush due to Inuyasha's inquisitive stare, he extended his closed fist toward his granddaughter and continued. “So, if you would like to have them, these are for you and Inuyasha.”
 
 
Kagome put her hand under her grandfather's just in time to catch two rings when they out of his newly opened hand. Upon closer inspection, she gasped. “Grandpa, these are…I-I don't know what to say.”
 
 
“I know something you can say,” said Inuyasha. “What the hell are those things supposed to mean?” Kagome turned to him and explained. “These `things' are called wedding rings and they belonged to my grandparents. Basically they represent the marriage bond between the husband and wife; they also tell other humans that the married couple is off-limits; neither one can be courted in any way.”
 
 
Inuyasha nodded in understanding. “So they're the humans' version of a youkai mating mark?” Kagome blushed faintly and nodded. “Okay then,” said Inuyasha, reaching over to take the rings from her hand. “Where do they go?”
 
 
Kagome, a bit startled by his ready acceptance, took the man's ring from his palm and placed it on the third finger of his left hand, talking as she did so. “It goes here because legend says there's a blood vein that runs from this finger directly to the heart. In other words, it connects your heart to whoever has the other ring in the set.”
 
 
Inuyasha just sat and watched her the entire time; when she was done, he took her left hand in his, and slipped on ladies' ring. Kagome was speechless for a moment, but she wasn't motionless. She grabbed Inuyasha around the neck in a bear hug that was only broken by her grandfather clearing his throat.
 
 
“Ahem. Kagome, your mother has something to give you as well.”
 
 
Kagome and Inuyasha broke apart and faced her mother, though Inuyasha kept his arm around her waist. Kagome's mom began to explain her gift to the newly-wed couple. “Kagome, your friends Miroku and Sango are due to be married soon as well, correct?”
 
 
“Yeah, they were just waiting until we defeated Naraku before they did.”
 
 
Kagome's mom continued her explanation. “Well, you've told me so much about them that I feel like I have another son and daughter, so even though I have no idea if these would be practical in their line of work, I want to give your father's and my wedding rings to you to give to them as a wedding gift from us.”
 
 
She handed Kagome a small grey box with the rings inside. Kagome and Inuyasha were both near speechless. Kagome said, “Mom, Grandpa, I really don't know what to say, except thank you.”
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-
 
 
Kagome and Inuyasha climbed into bed; they were headed back to the feudal era tomorrow and wanted to get some sleep before then.
 
 
There would be no `marital relations,' as Kagome's mom put it, because they both unconsciously came to the same conclusion: yes, technically, they were now husband and wife, yet neither of them would feel married until the ceremony in the feudal era. That's where their life was, after all and until then, they were just content to lay in each other arms. Well, mostly content….
 
 
Kagome was snuggled with her back against Inuyasha's chest when she felt something poking her on the outside of her left thigh. Trying and failing to suppress a grin, she asked, “Uh, Inuyasha, what is that?”
 
 
Inuyasha's nose was buried in her hair yet again - it was his favorite position - so his reply was slightly muffled, but she could tell he was smiling. “Keh, it's Tetsusaiga, I swear.”
 
 
Kagome just turned around enough to give him a peck on the nose and laugh. “Just a few more days, dog-boy.”
 
 
She turned around and both of them settled back into their previous positions. “'Night, `Gome.” She just smiled and snuggled a bit closer to him. “Hmm, goodnight, my Inuyasha.”
 
 
-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-1234567890-123 4567890-
 
 
Man, I have a thing for leaving it off when they go to sleep, huh?
 
 
Anyway, if you're wondering about that whole `Tetsusaiga' thing, it's a play on a Stargate: SG-1 episode. For the SG-1 fans like me out there, you'll probably recognize it with no problem, but it's the one where they find the Antarctic gate - you know, when Jack and Sam are caught in that glacier? The whole `It's my sidearm, I swear' scene? For some reason, changing that line to `It's Tetsusaiga, I swear' just popped into my head and wouldn't go away….
 
 
The next chap will be a songfic, and I really don't think any of you will recognize the song, but if you do, PLEASE let me know in your review. It'd be great to find some fans of this singer who aren't in this area…or more fans period. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only die-hard fan of this singer. Some of my friends like some of their songs, but none are as much of a fan as I am. Anyway, like I said earlier, it might be a while before I get the next (and last!!!) chap out, because I simply want to make it REALLY, REALLY good - to not only honour Inuyasha, but the singer of the song as well. Dai!
 
 
YoukaiLuvr
 
 
P.S. I probably made Sango a little OOC throughout this fic with all the squealing, but she is a teenage girl - and believe me…we can squeal when we want to.... Oh, and I know a red t-shirt for modern clothes is a bit of a cliché for Inuyasha, but hey, red looks good on him....