InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Love Song ❯ Chapter Eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: chapter eight!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh! *Passes out from lack of oxygen* to all my fans, I literally cried when I saw all the new reviews I got. Thank you so much. And now here it is.

 

Chapter eight:

 

**The next day**

 

Kagome was for once on time for school. She was walking to class and trying to cover her neck bandage with the collar of her jacket. Inuyasha was walking about ten feet in back while he had a bandage on his face. Kagome got into class and held up her collar as she sat down. Kouga saw her and went to talk to her.

 

"Kagome?" He said as he sat down at a nearby desk.

 

"Hai."

 

"Where did you go last night? I called and Purinsesusu answered."

 

"Oh, I had to do something for my mom." She said as she unbuttoned her jacket.

 

"What happened to your neck? Did you hurt yourself?" Kouga reached to see her bandage while Kagome was pushing him away.

 

"No it's nothing." She said.

 

"Are you okay?" Before she could answer Inuyasha walked in while Kikyo was talking to him.

 

"Inuyasha, what happened to your face? What's with the bandage? Did you fall or something? Let me see. Why do you have a bandage on?" Inuyasha went to his desk not saying a word.

 

"Hey!" Kikyo looked at Kouga and Kagome fighting about her bandage. Kikyo quickly walked over there and saw her neck. "Kagome, what happened to you?" Kagome stayed silent. "Did something happen to you two?" Kagome gave a quick glance to Kouga and pushed Kikyo.

 

"Go sit down." While she said that, Kouga gave a look of concern. He then turned his gaze to Inuyasha. Inuyasha looked back at him while Kouga turned around. Inuyasha looked at Kagome. When she looked at him he smiled causing her to smile as she turned around and got back to her work. She was still smiling.

 

**Two hours later**

 

Sango was trying to practice the piano with her book and flat paper to resemble a piano.

 

"Right hand…" she said as she looked at the book and "played". "And now left hand… I can't do them together!" She cried. Miroku suddenly faced them.

 

"No use worrying about it. Your grade is already determined. Let me see your hand."

 

"My hand?"

 

"Hai." Sango looked at Kagome then gave him her hand.

 

"Let's see…."

 

"Can you see?"

 

"Hai!"

 

"Not five points again."

 

"Five points? Sango, open up your hand." As she did so, she looked excited.

 

"Sango, you get one point for each finger." At that Kagome laughed.

 

"What? What am I going to do? Practicing won't help…" Sango put her arms on the desk and laid her head on them. Kagome looked at Miroku making him feel bad.

 

"Sango, add all your fingers and toes and you'll get twenty." He said trying to cheer her up. Kagome then looked at Inuyasha. She walked over to his desk.

 

"Inuyasha, can I see you?" She then walked out of the room. Inuyasha wondered what was going on but decided to follow her.

They ended up going to the attic where the extra piano was. Kagome sat down on the bench.

 

"Sit down." She said to Inuyasha. He sat down next to her. She took his right hand and placed it on the piano.

 

"Your hands should be as if you're holding eggs." She said as she formed her hands and his own. He looked at her confused.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"Trying to teach you piano." A short pause. Kagome smiled. "I owe you for helping me."

 

"And?"

 

"I'm paying you back. I don't want to be indebted. The music teacher threatened to flunk you, but she'll give you a break if you make an effort. Look." She placed her hands on the piano and played "Traumerei". Note after note, Kagome almost played it like a famous pianist. But, knowing Kagome was almost done when she started to stop. She tried to remember and played a few more notes that were wrong. She looked at Inuyasha and smiled.

 

"I forgot the tune." She said embarrassed. Inuyasha smiled at that. He took his hand in place on the piano. Right where she had left off, Inuyasha finished the piece leaving Kagome taken back.

 

"Hey, you said you didn't play the piano." She said.

 

"I never said that." Then he started play the piano. Kagome liked the tune. She watched as he played the piano perfectly. Note by note, Kagome listened. The tone seemed perfect. When he finished Kagome looked at him.

 

"Wow, I'm impressed." She said with her usual smile. "What song was that?"

 

"It's called `First Time'". He said. He stood up from the piano and walked over to the window.

 

"'First Time'…" Kagome said and then started playing "Traumerei" again. Inuyasha looked outside the window and saw Kouga. He was walking up to Sango asking where Kagome was. Sango merely shook her head and raised her shoulders. Inuyasha lowered his head and then looked at Kagome.

 

"Kagome," he said and waited for her to look up. "Do want a chance to repay me?"

 

**Outside**

 

Kouga saw Kagome walking out of the building. He was about to go up to her but then he saw Inuyasha walking behind her. Inuyasha glanced over at Kouga and then looked down at his feet. Kouga looked at Inuyasha wondering what was going on.

 

Inuyasha and Kagome were at the bus stop. When the bus came, Inuyasha went aboard it. Kagome looked confused.

 

"Where are we going?" She asked. When he did not answer, she got on as well. They both sat in the back corner with Kagome near the window.

 

A/n: remember in the beginning when they met? Well that's how they are sitting now.

 

While the bus started taking them somewhere, Kagome opened the window. Her elbow-length hair blew in the wind with some going in Inuyasha's face. Inuyasha didn't seem to mind though. Kagome looked at Inuyasha then closed the window. After a few minutes, Kagome looked at the seat in front of them. Some of the covering was ripped and hanging. Kagome took her bandage off her neck and put it on the bottom of the cover to hold it up. Inuyasha smiled when she did that. So he took the bandage off his face and put it on the top of the cover. They both laughed at what they had done.

 

When they got off the bus, they got on a ferry to go to the park. At the park they walked for a little bit. It was autumn so leaves were all over the ground. Kagome saw a big pile and kicked it, making the wind blow it around. Kagome spun around and looked at Inuyasha, making him smile with Kagome. They both walked where the trees were lined up making a walkway. While Inuyasha was walking, Kagome was messing around and jumping on his shadow. Inuyasha saw this making Kagome stop.

 

"Have you heard that story about the shadow land?" He asked. Kagome looked at him.

 

"No, tell me." She said.

 

"This guy went to the land of the shadows." He began. "Everyone was a shadow so no one talked to him."

 

"And?"

 

"So, he was very lonely." Kagome looked at him. "That the end of the story." At this Kagome laughed. Inuyasha smiled. "what?"

 

"it's just funny."

 

"how?"

 

"I thought you were really strange. You're always brooding and acting like a loner, full of resentment toward society." Kagome then saw a fallen tree, she ran up and jumped on it. She started walking on it while talking to him. "I think, you could use some friends. It won't do any harm to have some."

 

"I don't need them."

 

"want to know how to make friends?" she said looking at him. "it's simple. Just reach out one step at a time. Like this." She took small steps saying "right foot, left foot. Right foot, left foot. One step at a time. Right foot, left foot. Right foot…" she started to struggle but then caught her balance. Inuyasha held out his hand.

 

"take my hand." He said. She looked at him. "you said one step at a time." Kagome hesitated but then smiled as she took his hand and continued to walk.

 

A/n: end of chapter eight. Whew, that wore me out. Sorry to leave you hanging but I'm too tired to go on.