InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ With Angel's Love ❯ Joyous News ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

With Angel's Love

Part V: Joyous News

An hour or so later, still feeling a little woozy, Gina awoke, rubbing her eyes. She looked around at the hut around her. "Where…where am I?" she asked. At first, she wasn't sure if there was anyone else around. But then, an old woman dressed in the attire of a priestess walked into the small room, a neutral look on her face. Gina pulled away, trying to figure out where she was. "Who are you!?" she demanded as the old woman sat down.

"Do not fear, child. You are fine now," she said. "You didn't answer my question! And where's Sesshomaru?" Gina demanded again. "Calm down," the old woman said, "I am Kaede. And Sesshomaru it outside with Inu-Yasha and his companions." Gina nodded a bit. So Sesshomaru brought me here…? Kaede quickly noticed the vacant look on Gina's face. "You are here because you collapsed, child. There is nothing to fear," she said.

Gina sat up, hugging her knees to her chest. She pulled her blanket over her, shivering a little. "So is there something wrong with me or was it just because I was so tired?" she asked. Kaede furrowed her brow a bit. "Child…how have you been feeling lately?" she asked. Gina raised an eyebrow. "Where are you getting with this?" she asked. "Simply answer, Lady Gina," Kaede replied.

Gina thought for a moment. "Well…I have been really tired lately…and I felt a little nauseous a couple of days ago," she replied. Kaede gave a slight sigh. "And by the mark on your neck I'd assume that Sesshomaru has already made you his mate?" she asked. Gina's eyes became wide. "Y-you…you don't think that…that I'm…no way! It…it can't be…" she sputtered. Kaede gave yet another sigh. "You show all of the signs, milady," she said. Gina gaped a little, holding her stomach. Soon, her gape turned to a large smile.

Kaede stood. "Would you like a word with Sesshomaru?" she asked rhetorically. Gina nodded, smiling sweetly, and the old priestess walked out of the hut, heading to where Inu-Yasha, Sesshomaru and the rest of their companions were having the most civil conversation possible for the group of enemies. Of course, Gina was still in a slight daze. I can't believe this…I just can't believe that…I'm pregnant!

Outside, Inu-Yasha grilled his half-brother about his new woman as the others looked on in amazement. "So, your little Gina-chan is an angel? How'd you manage to pull that one off, hm? Steal her feathered robes while she wasn't looking so she couldn't return to heaven?" he asked sarcastically. Sesshomaru simply gave a low growl. "I didn't kidnap her, fool! I saved her from a demon! It's not my fault she fell in love with me!" he hissed. Inu-Yasha scoffed at him. "She's too good for you. You don't deserve her," he said. Sesshomaru furrowed his brow, and then started chewing on a claw.

"Inu-Yasha…I can tell that Sesshomaru really cares about Gina. I mean, do you really think he would've associated himself with humans if he didn't?" Kagome asked. Inu-Yasha scoffed at this, too. "I still say she's too good for him," he said. Sesshomaru gave another growl. "Look, I know she's too good for me and I wished she thought so, too! Gina-chan deserves better…much better," he growled. Sango and Kagome were driven to applause. "I wish Inu-Yasha felt like that! But no! He's still hung-up over some dead woman!" Kagome praised. "And you sound honorable! Not like some lecherous creep like Miroku here," Sango said.

Of course, the two men were disgusted by this. But before either of them could make a comeback, Kaede walked up behind them. "Lord Sesshomaru, Lady Gina wishes to speak with you," she said. In one fluid movement, Sesshomaru shot up and ran off the hut. "So, what's wrong with that Gina?" Inu-Yasha asked. Kaede sat down, sighing again. "I'm glad you didn't drag Lady Gina into yours and Sesshomaru's battle," she said. Inu-Yasha raised an eyebrow. "Why?" he asked simply. A small smirk crossed Kaede's face. "Well, Inu-Yasha, it seems that in time, you will be an uncle," she replied. Of course, all of their jaws dropped lower than humanly possible.

Sesshomaru walked into the hut, his eyes on his beloved. "Gina-chan? Is everything alright?" he asked, sitting down next to her. She smiled a little, snuggling against him and pulling her blanket up. "Are you sure?" he asked again. "Everything's perfect, Sesshomaru. Everything's just perfect," she sighed. He slid an arm around her, but eyeing her strangely. "Sesshomaru…there is something I need to talk to you about," she said gently. She could tell that Sesshomaru had no idea what was going on, but she could also tell that he was very concerned about her.

"What is it?" he asked before kissing her hair. Gina looked up at him, smiling like the cat swallowed the canary. "Sesshomaru…I…" she started. Gina cut herself off. She didn't know how to say it. Sesshomaru held her hands caringly. "You can say what you need to, Gina-chan," he said softly. With this, Gina gave a large smile, and then leaned forward, whispering in his ear. "Sesshomaru…I am…with child," she said gently. Hearing this, Sesshomaru pushed her away to the point where he could see her face. "Gina-chan…are you certain?" he asked. Her smile grew as she nodded again.

A small smile crept onto Sesshomaru's face, and then he pulled her into a warm kiss. "Mmm…I love you so much…" he said, continuing with a series of butterfly kisses. Gina giggled a little, and then sank into his arms. "Don't tease me so, future daddy," she cooed. He chuckled slightly at what she had called him, slipping his arms around her dainty waist. I'm going to be a father, he thought blissfully. But then, his eyes widened as it hit him. He was going to be a father.