InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ With Angel's Love ❯ The Demon Horde ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

With Angel's Love

Part VI: The Demon Horde

Gina quickly noticed the shell-shocked look on Sesshomaru's face. "Is everything alright? You're not happy about this, are you?" she asked, seeming hurt. The demon quickly snapped back to reality, giving her a quick kiss. "No, no, of course I am! I'm just…a little surprised," he replied cheerfully. Gina smiled, snuggling back up against Sesshomaru's chest.

"Oh, I've always wanted to have a baby," Gina sighed. Sesshomaru smirked a bit, pulling her even closer. "I never thought I'd be a father. For that, Gina-chan, I thank you with all my heart," he said. Gina looked at him strangely. "What's with the deathbed sentimentality?" she asked sarcastically. Sesshomaru smiled back at her. "Come now. We should be getting back to the castle," he said, helping her to stand. "Sesshomaru, why are you taking me back home? I'm fine!"

Sesshomaru gave a slight sigh. "Gina-chan, if anything were to happen to you, I'd have to become some kind of hermit," he said sarcastically, giving a slight laugh. Gina looked at him wide-eyed. "But…you said I would accompany you into battle! What about treating me like a warrior?! I'm not that far along! I don't need to be treated like some kind of invalid!" she argued. Sesshomaru shook his head. "No. I won't be putting you and our child in danger. You need your rest, and I won't let you go into battle," he replied. With that, he led her out of the hut.

They continued walking, planning to slip away with out being noticed, they were met by Inu-Yasha. "Well, well. I hear I'm going to be an uncle, eh? I can't believe you forced yourself on that poor girl!" he growled. Sesshomaru's eyes widened, and then he looked down at Gina. "What did you tell that old hag!?" he demanded. She glared at Sesshomaru a little, and then gave Inu-Yasha the evil eye.

"He's just making assumptions," Kagome said, walking up to them. She then flashed Sesshomaru and Gina a large smile. "Congratulations!" she said happily. Gina smiled in return, snuggling up against Sesshomaru. Sango and Miroku then joined them as well. Miroku began to walk over to Gina, a familiar, perverted look on his face, when Sango smacked him over the head with her boomerang bone. "Back off, you lecher! She's already pregnant!" she growled, scowling sharply. Sesshomaru, of course, looked as though he'd rip the monk's throat out. But somehow, he resisted.

The demon quickly slid his arm around his woman, and gave Miroku a low growl. "Let's go, Gina. We should return to the castle as quickly as possible," he said. He began leading her off again, when they heard the screech of a bird. They all looked up, and saw a giant bird with red feathers and swirling, reddish-gold plumage coming from its head, wings, and tail. It screeched again, and then began to slowly swoop down to the ground. Inu-Yasha quickly drew his Tetsusaiga, ready to attack, and Sesshomaru drew Songhai. But when he tried to use a spell of fire, his new blade began to pulse. What is happening…my blade…is it…reacting to this bird?

The phoenix then touched down on the ground, looking at the strange group of people. But it seemed to be focused mostly on Songhai. There was a sliver chain around the bird's long neck, and a saddle on its shoulders. A moment later, a quite familiar sword smith leapt off of his feathered steed, walking over to Sesshomaru and Gina.

Sesshomaru smirked, sliding Songhai back into its polished black sheath. "Vaul…what in hell are you doing here?" he asked. Inu-Yasha charged at him, not hearing that his brother and the heavenly sword smith knew each other. Vaul grabbed a hammer from his belt, striking the Tetsusaiga with it. The sword twanged as it got knocked back, and the hanyou sheathed his blade. "Who in the hell is this, Sesshomaru?" he demanded angrily. Vaul rolled his eyes as Sesshomaru began to speak.

"This is Vaul…we're…acquaintances," he said. Gina sighed. "Vaul here made Sesshomaru's new sword not to mention he's my older brother," she said sarcastically. "You have no idea how long I've been looking for you two," Vaul growled. Sesshomaru simply raised an eyebrow. "And why exactly were you looking for us?" he asked. Vaul smiled a little. "I just wanted to check in on my baby sister, that's all. And you're lucky Prometheus here has a sense of direction," he said, pointing and the phoenix, or I would've never gotten here."

"Is this the phoenix my sword came from?" Sesshomaru asked. Vaul gave a satisfied nod. "Yep. And I see you like it," he replied. Inu-Yasha walked over, laughing a little. "Well, you've certainly picked a great time to come and check in on your sister," he laughed. Vaul looked at Inu-Yasha strangely, and then turned to Sesshomaru and Gina. "What is he talking about?" he asked.

When he asked this, Inu-Yasha continued to laugh, and the rest of them watched as the young couple began to blush. "What's going on?" Vaul asked, nose-to-nose with his younger sister. Gina forced an innocent laugh. "Well…Vaul…there's something we need to tell you," Gina said. Sesshomaru gave her a sharp look. "What do you mean we?" he whispered harshly. Gina sighed at him. "Well, it does take two, you know," she replied in a whisper.

Vaul poked his sister in the shoulder, getting her attention. "Okay. Now tell me what you've been trying to hide from me," he said.

About twenty minutes later, after distracting Vaul and stalling as much as they could, they sat across from the sword smith, who was slurping up a cup of simmering ramen. "C'mon, already! Spill, you two!" he growled. Inu-Yasha and friends were sitting back, watching the developing scene. "Well…" Gina started hesitantly, "Vaul…it seems that I'm…well…pregnant." Hearing this without being prepared whatsoever, Vaul choked on his soup a little.

"You're…you're what?!" he choked. Gina smiled wide at him. "You're going to be an uncle, Vaul! Isn't this great?" she asked. Her elder brother nodded, a large smile on his face as he set down his bowl of soup. In an instant, he overjoyed look turned sinister and he leapt onto Sesshomaru, trying to strangle him. "You pervert! I can't believe you did this to her! She's only eighteen!" he growled. Of course, Sesshomaru easily fought him off, throwing him to the ground.

"Dammit, Vaul, what in hell was that about?!" he growled angrily, rubbing a forming bruise round his neck. Vaul got up to his knees, wiping a bit of blood from below his nose. "Sorry about that…I just overreacted a little," he sighed. Gina came over and gave him a quick kiss. "Are you alright, Sesshomaru?" she asked. He nodded a little, pulling her close. "Don't worry, Gina-chan. I'm fine," he replied reassuringly.

She smiled, nuzzling against him. Inu-Yasha walked up to them, a smug look on his face. "Well I'm glad that little family tiff was averted, but will you people please leave?" he asked sarcastically. Before anyone could answer, they heard the screeching of Vaul's phoenix, Prometheus. They all looked up, and saw the giant bird being attacked by many demons, breathing fire at them in defense. "How didn't I sense them?" Vaul growled, taking two silver hammers form his belt. Sesshomaru and Inu-Yasha both drew their blades.

"Stay here, Gina-chan. I'll take care of this," Sesshomaru said. Inu-Yasha said the same to Kagome, and the two half-brothers and the heavenly sword smith leapt into action, slaughtering the demons left and right. Sango and Miroku then started attacking the second group of demons that came from behind. Kagome joined in, but her arrows, as well as Inu-Yasha's, Sango's, and Miroku's weapons were barely having any effect. "What's going on here?" the young time-traveler exclaimed, firing her sixth arrow at a demon that should've already been turned to dust.

Gina could feel the evil power in the air, as could Vaul and Sesshomaru. These demons…they are no ordinary demons…I believe…these are vessels of Hell!