InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ With or Without You ❯ Final Battle ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

With or Without you
 
Disclaimer- I sadly to not own Inu Yasha, Kagome, Sango, Miroku, Kirara, Naraku, or Shippou. They all belong to Rumiko Takahashi-sama V_V
 
(A/N: YAY, my first IY fanfic. *Throws party and invites all the IY characters*
Kagome-chan: Great part, Jessi-chan
Inu Yasha: Yeah, this rocks
Miroku: Jessi-chan, perhaps you would like to…maybe grant me the honor of bearing me a chil- *slap*
Sango: Stupid Houshi-sama!
Jessi: *blushes* Er…uh thanks Sango-chan…anyway, onto the story!)
Chapter 1- The Final Battle
 
“So, that's it then? We're going to fight Naraku for the last time?” Shippou asked as the Inu-tachi walked on their way to find Miroku-sama and Sango-chan who went off to find a hut to stay in for the night.
“Yeah, why, are you scared?” Inu Yasha asked the frightened kitsune.
“Inu Yasha, SIT!” Kagome scoffed. “You don't need to scare him right now.”
Shippou crawled up onto her shoulder and stuck his tongue out at the fallen hanyou.
“Why you little brat!” Inu Yasha stood up and furiously made his way over to Shippou. The Kitsune screamed and ran circles around Kagome trying to flee from Inu Yasha. Kagome looked at the two angrily.
“SIT!”
Inu Yasha fell to the ground. “It's his fault,” He said getting up weakly. “He shouldn't have egged me on.”
“Well if you would stop acting like a five year old, I wouldn't have had to say sit.”
-thump-
“Gomen-nasai, Inu Yasha” Kagome said apologetically. Inu Yasha stood up angrily and was about to add a trenchant remark when Sango-chan, Miroku-sama and Kirara appeared happy as ever.
“Kagome-chan, Inu Yasha, Houshi-sama did it. He got us a small hut for exorcising a demon.” The happy taijiya smiled greatly. “This means we will get plenty of rest before we defeat Naraku, and the owner of the hut also insisted he cook us a brilliant meal. I could use some food, I've been starving all day.”
“That's great, Sango-chan” Kagome's smile seemed a bit fake. She really did not want to fight Naraku at all. Something in her gut told her that the battle would not go so well.
“It's getting dark, we should be getting to the hut now.” Miroku led the others to the hut. Kagome trudged behind worried. The very thought of something happening to Sango, Miroku, Shippo or- Her thoughts trailed along to what would happen possibly. `What if I lose…Inu Yasha?' She shook her head trying to rid of the thought.
-Later that evening-
Miroku, Sango, Shippo, and Inu Yasha had all fallen asleep inside the hut. Kagome could not sleep. She was too worried.
`I know that we'll defeat Naraku…but something tells me that something will happen to one of us. I just know I will be hurt badly, but I would honorably die for my friends. Once Naraku is dead, they will all get what they most desired. Sango-chan will get her brother back, Miroku-sama will be rid of the kazaana, and Inu Yasha…' Kagome's eyes widened a bit. “Inu Yasha can become a full-fledged youkai.” She whispered quietly, “And I will not be here to stop him” tears began to fall rapidly from her eyes.
“Kagome”
She gasped and looked up to see Inu Yasha looking at her.
“Kagome, are you okay?” He asked. He had noticed her tears and grew concerned.
“Kagome, what's wrong?”
“Huh, of…it's nothing” She tried desperately to fight the tears away, “nothing”
Inu Yasha shook his head. He stood up and walked over to her. “Come on, don't give me that” He extended his hand to her and stood her up. He led her outside of the hut.
“Kagome, you've been quiet all night, tell me what's bugging you”
She took a deep breath. “I'm just worried, that's all”
“About our battle with Naraku?”
She nodded.
“Kagome…” He put his arm around her. “Don't worry, we're all going to be okay. We'll all beat Naraku,” He titled her head up so her eyes met his. “I promise”
“Well, it-it's not just that…” Kagome escaped his grasp and sat don on the wet grass. “I just have this feeling…that something's going to go wrong. I mean, something will happen to me, that I know. I kind of think I might die, but I'm not sure.”
“Kagome…”
“And I was thinking that if I DO die, and Naraku is dead, then you guys will all get what you want most. Sango-chan will get Kohaku-kun, Miroku-sama will no longer have the kazaana, and you- you will get the shikon no tama, and become a youkai. And you'll forget me…and if I'm dead, then I won't be able to stop you.” She whimpered softly.
Inu Yasha took in all the words and was a little shocked that she really thought that.
“Kagome…I already told you, I ain't going to become a youkai, and what makes you think you're going to die?” Inu Yasha's eyes showed sadness to them.
“I just know it…”
He looked down at the ground. “Kagome…” He looked back up at her and wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. “I won't let you die.” He whispered.
Kagome wanted to stay that way forever. `I love you so much, Inu Yasha'…
 
-In The Morning-
“So, are we ready to go kick some Naraku butt or what?” Sango asked walking out of the hut.
“Someone had a good night's sleep.” Miroku said walking out behind her.
“Of course I did…” She said looking at him puzzled. “Why, were you nervous about the fight?”
“Well, I will either kill Naraku or die trying.” He said. “But I wish you the best of luck.” He wrapped his arms around her and gently groped her.
-SLAP-
“You hentai!” She shouted.
Inu Yasha and Kagome came out of the hut at the same time.
“Alright, Miroku…we have some one to kill, couldn't you be the least bit serious about this?” He asked bonking Miroku on the head.
“Arigato, Inu Yasha” Sango said.
“Well…we should get going, guys.” Kagome said walking down a hill with Miroku, Shippo, and Sango following her.
Inu Yasha stood behind and stared at her. `I won't let her die'
“Inu Yasha, are you coming?!” Kagome called out to him snapping him out of his daze.
“Of course I am, wench!” He shouted running after them.
“Don't call me wench, sit!”
-Thud-
 
-At Naraku's Castle-
“Where is he?!” Inu Yasha demanded once they had reached Naraku's castle.
Kagome gasped.
“What is it, Kagome-chan?” Sango looked in her direction.
“There…I sense a jewel shard…a big one too”
“Huh?” Inu Yasha looked up at what Kagome was looking at and saw Naraku on the roof to his castle.
He smiled wickedly and jumped off the roof. “I'm glad you came, Inu Yasha.”
He said approaching Inu Yasha.
“You're finally ready to die, huh?” Inu Yasha smirked and drew back his sword ready to strike Naraku. “WIND SCAR!” He shouted releasing his sword's powerful attack.
Naraku countered the attack and sent Inu Yasha flying backwards.
“Inu Yasha!” Kagome cried.
“My turn, hiriakotsu!” Sango shouted hurling her boomerang at Naraku but getting the same treatment as Inu Yasha. She grunted lightly as she collided with the ground.
“SANGO!” Miroku and Kagome shouted. Miroku hesitated but pulled out his kazaana and aimed it at Naraku.
“Miroku, are you nuts?!” Kagome asked pulling him away and covering his tunnel up a little to late, the insects had gotten to it.
“Get out of the way, Kagome”
Kagome heard a familiar voice behind her. “Inu Yasha!” She gasped standing to the side.
Inu Yasha drew his sword back again. “Backlash Wave!” He shouted as a powerful attack hit Naraku and weakened him slightly.
“Nice job, Inu Yasha.” Naraku commented showing barely any signs of being weakened by the backlash wave. “Now die!” He allowed one of his branches to come out from his baboon suit and coiled itself around Inu Yasha.
“Inu Yasha…” Kagome pulled out an arrow and shot it at Naraku, hitting his right arm. “Die, Naraku!” She sent another arrow in his direction, this time piercing through his heart.
The branch dropped Inu Yasha and Kagome ran to his side.
“No…” Naraku said to himself as he let a bright dome of light surround him.
Inu Yasha winced in pain. He pulled Kagome closer, hiding her eyes from the blinding light. “You did it…you killed Naraku” He whispered to her. “And no one died…”
Kagome pulled away from him and smiled softly. “Yeah…”
A loud groan came from where Naraku's dead body lay. She gasped and looked in that direction. Another dome of light exploded from his body but this time, expanded to where Inu Yasha and Kagome were. She shrieked as the dome headed right for her and her friends.
“KAGOME!!!!” Was the last thing she head when she blacked out.
 
A/N: Okay, first chapter's up now! YAY! Hope you guys like it…I kind of left a little cliffy so review if you want to read the rest.