InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ With or Without You ❯ Without You ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-With or Without You-
 
Disclaimer- I do not own Inu Yasha, K?
(A/N: KK, a new chapter, (unenthusiastically) yay. Sorry, I'm a bit down cuz of just…stuff. Any Crap, enjoy this chapter…it's sad and happy and romantic and…w/e.
 
Just a bit of a heads up, I did use some Japanese words in the last chapter. Here's a list of what they are and mean for those of you who know not any Japanese.
Arigato- Thank you
Gomen-nasai- I'm very sorry
Youkai- demon
Hanyou-Half demon
Taijiya- Demon exterminator
Kitsune- fox
-sama- A form of high respect, a suffix added onto names
-chan- A suffix added to friends' names. Used among girls usually.
-kun- A suffix used on guy friends or children younger than you…
If I forget any, just…tell me in a review.)
 
Chapter 2- Without You
“KAGOME!!!”
 
-The next morning-
`Kagome!' Her name echoed in her ears. She groaned slightly as her eyes fluttered open only to see the hanyou lying on top of her.
“Inu Yasha.” Kagome gasped and crawled out from under him. She looked at him frightened. “Inu Yasha?” She turned him over and looked at him cautiously. `Is he alright?' A wave of panic washed over her as she remembered what she last saw before blacking out. “Oh, no! Inu Yasha!” She pressed her ear against his.
.
..
….
…. Nothing…
She tried to fight back the tears that began to rapidly pour down her cheeks. “Th-this can't be happening…this has to be…some bad dream or something.” She hid her face in her hands and cried out his name. `He died…and it's all my fault.' She lay her head on his chest and sobbed into his shirt for the rest of the day. After about three hours of crying, she ran out of tears and just lay there hoping he'd wake up.
 
-In The Evening-
Kagome's legs felt heavy as she walked to find one of her friends that was possibly alive. She found Sango, Miroku, and Shippo lying scattered about the battleground. All three were as lifeless as Inu Yasha. Kagome didn't even want to approach and of them, the day had been too sad to imagine. She never knew what it was like to be so alone, without Inu Yasha, her life seemed so empty. She reached the Bone-Eater's Well and climbed in. “I'm never coming back…” She whispered to herself jumping into the well.
 
-Back in her own Time-
Kagome climbed out of the well and walked into her house. She practically felt like she had to force herself to walk.
`I won't let you die'
She winced in pain. `He's so stupid! Stupid, stupid Inu Yasha! How could he be so…stubborn? He should have let me die!'
She spotted her mother in the kitchen.
“Good evening, honey! How was the feudal era?”
Kagome just looked at her sadly. “It was…fine.” She muttered before crying again. Ms. Higurashi ran up to her and embraced her in a long hug.
“Honey, what happened?”
Kagome couldn't even talk about Inu Yasha. “Inu Yasha…he…he died…” She sniffled. “All because of me!”
Ms. Higurashi held her closer, not really knowing what to tell her. “Kagome…I'm very, very sorry….”
“No, it's all my fault. He died because of me. It's my fault he's dead!” Kagome let go of her mother and wiped away her tears. Ms. Higurashi's eyes were watery too.
“I'm sorry, sweetie.”
Kagome closed her eyes and ran up to her room. She shut the door behind her and leaned against it, slowly sliding down into a sitting position. “He's such an idiot!” She clenched her knees and pressed her face in between them.
--------
The night passed and Kagome woke up to find herself still against the door. She sighed and looked out the window. “I guess… I'm going to have to get used to my old life again.” She heard a knock at the door.
“Kagome, it's your mom, please open up.”
Kagome turned the knob to her door letting her mom in.
“Kagome, you…since you are so shook up about Inu Yasha…Grandpa and I have decided to…to move to another shrine so you don't have to…think of Inu Yasha.”
Kagome's eyes lit up slightly. “You…mean it?”
Ms. Higurashi nodded.
“Thanks, mom.” Kagome gave her a hug.
“We'll be moving in a week so pack up your things.” She handed Kagome a few cardboard boxes and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.
Kagome sighed with relief. “Good, a new start.”
 
 
A/N: Sorry it's such a short chapter, it's really only because it was going to be split up and put into other chapters. And I know, it's so not really believable that Kagome's mom would leave the shrine because Inu Yasha died but hey that's why it's called fanfiction. Any Crap, the next chapter will be longer and way better, I promise. The story just kinda sucks right now cuz I'm down and everything. Please review, thanks!
~Jessi