InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ With or Without You ❯ Delusional ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-With or Without You-
 
Disclaimer- Never owned Inu Yasha…never will
 
A/N: Thank you guys for all the reviews! Ya know, those are what even inspire me and I really appreciate it when you do review! Okay, here's your update! Sorry, I screwed up in the last chapter…Kagome doesn't put her ear against Inu Yasha's ear…she puts it against his chest. Sorry. And umm…I'm not going to post all the moving in stuff…so I'll just skip it, k?
 
Chapter 3 -Delusional-
 
The day Kagome was switching shrines came quickly. The days passed so suddenly it seemed like just yesterday her mother and she were talking about it.
Kagome looked out the window of the moving truck as her mother drove in the seat beside her. Her brother and Grandpa were in the other car leading the way to the new shrine.
Souta hadn't taken the news too well either. He looked up to Inu Yasha and felt a little low now that he was gone. Of course, he wasn't as heartbroken as Kagome, but he still didn't make light of the situation.
“Kagome, are you okay?” Her mother asked snapping Kagome out of her daze.
“Oh, yeah…I'm fine…” She turned and looked out the window again.
-------
“Well, we're here.” Ms. Higurashi smiled and parked the tuck by the new shrine. She opened her door and walked out. “Grandpa, help with all this stuff.” She said as Grandpa walked over to the truck.
 
-------
That night, Kagome looked at her ceiling silently. Her room was barely furnished, she just had her bed and computer so far. Mom and Grandpa were going to finish unpacking while she was at school. She sighed. `School…I'm going to have to make new friends and everything…' But she didn't really want new friends.
“All I want is Inu Yasha back…” She said softly. She looked out her window and saw there was a tree by it just like in her old room. Something made a branch snap off and Kagome jumped. She walked up to the window and opened it, but saw nothing and only heard the rustling of leaves.
“Must have been a squirrel or something.” She said to herself closing it back up. She walked through the light of the moon shining through the window and saw something very odd on her arm.
“A silver hair?” She turned back to the window
“Inu Yasha?”
 
-------
Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep
The unfamiliar sound of an alarm awoke Kagome from her sleep.
“Kagome, come eat breakfast before you leave.” Ms Higurashi called from the kitchen.
“Yes, mom!” Kagome said getting some jeans on and a blue shirt. She would get her new school uniform when she registered at her new school today. She ran down the stairs to the kitchen and greeted her mom. “
“Mom, the weirdest thing happened last night.” She said grabbing some cereal and sitting down at the table.
“Really? What?” Her mother asked sitting by her.
“I heard something outside my window and went to open it, but no one was there. But when I closed it back up, the wind blew a silver hair on my arm.”
Her mother looked at her with concern. “Kagome…you are just a little shaken up about losing Inu Yasha, aren't you?”
“No, no it really happened.”
“Sure, grab your jacket. We're going to go register you into your new school.” Ms. Higurashi said grabbing her own jacket.
“Yes, Mom.” Kagome took her bowl to the kitchen and put it in the sink. She grabbed her jacket off the hanger and followed her mom out the door.
-------
Kagome entered the school a few minutes before it opened. It was quiet and very large. Her mother walked into the Registrar's Office and took a seat next to Kagome in a large leatherette chair.
A woman with dark red hair entered the room and sat in a larger leatherette chair across from them, separated by a large oak desk.
“So, you must be Higurashi Kagome, welcome!” The woman extended her hand to Kagome.
“Um…yes” Kagome took her hand and shook it.
“Well Kagome, you are in luck. Your mother called a couple days in advanced, so I went ahead and made your schedule up. You are all registered. You can go ahead and try and find your rooms before the bell rings.”
“Uh…” That was weird, didn't she have to turn a birth certificate or something? “Thanks” Kagome smiled and walked out of the office.
The woman and Ms. Higurashi both laughed at Kagome through the see-through door.
Kagome frowned and walked back in. “What?”
“We were just playing sweetheart. You have a guide with the same schedule already set up. She'll show you around to all your classes after school starts, okay.”
Kagome smiled. “Okay”
“Here is your uniform, though. You can go change into this while we wait!” The woman handed Kagome a uniform much like her other one but Blue instead of green. Kagome walked onto a rest room in the woman's office and quickly changed.
-------
The school bell rang and Ms. Higurashi stepped out. “Have a good day.” She said to Kagome before leaving.
“I will!” Kagome smiled as a girl with long dark brown hair walked into the room.
“Oh, There you are, Sango.” The woman said to the girl who had just walked in.
Kagome's heart began to race. `Did she say…Sango?! Like Sango!'
“Yes…this is Kagome I presume.” The girl's voice sounded just like the taijiya's. She held out her hand to shake.
“Hi…I'm Sango”
Kagome could not stop staring at her. `She looks just like Sango too'
“I'm Kagome!” She smiled and shook Sango's hand.
“You two can get to know each other, I'm going to go help a student. Sango?”
Sango looked up at the woman.
“When the bell rings, take Kagome to look around. When you two are done, come back here and I'll write you two passes.”
“Yes ma'am.” Sango nodded and sat down in a seat. Kagome did the same in the seat next to her's.
“So…do you have any…brothers?” Sango asked Kagome.
“I have one. His name is Souta.”
“Oh, I have one, too. His name's Kohaku!” She smiled cheerfully.
`Kohaku?! NOW I am so losing it!'
“Kagome, do you have any friends here, yet?”
“No…not really”
“Well you just made one!” Sango smiled. “My two friends and I are in this little group. Well first, there's Miroku. He can be a bit of a pervert but underneath it all, he's a pretty nice guy. If he ever gets on your nerves, just punch him. And then there's…”
The bell rang.
“Oh, I'll tell you when you meet him.” Sango stood up and walked out of the office with Kagome in tow.
Kagome sighed. Was she ready to face this day? Inu Yasha had been the one and only thing she'd ever needed now that he was gone would she be able to- Kagome tripped over something and fell on the ground. She heard a slight chuckle as she fell.
“Sorry, Kagome…this is my friend whom I didn't mention to tell you about.”
Sango helped Kagome up off the ground. Kagome saw that someone tripped her. “Kagome, this is my asshole of a friend, Inu Yasha.”
All right, NOW She was losing it.
 
A/N: I know, I know…I probably shouldn't have used the real names but hey…the story has a different twist to it, K?
Anyway…big shocker, Inu Yasha?! Who woulda guessed? Not me! But the story only gets better, I promise so keep reading and review if you want to actually read more!
-Jessi