InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ With or Without You ❯ Matchmaker ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-With or Without You-
 
Disclaimer-Don't own Inu Yasha…never have…never will
 
A/N: I decided it was time for an update but…ya know, I really would kind of…I don't know…like a little bit more reviews this time…I know I'm not as good of a writer as like…Rogue Pryde, but I would like more reviews…so …anycrap, here's the next chapter…enjoy!
 
Chapter 5-Matchmaker
 
The day had flown by quickly. Sango, Inu Yasha, and Miroku had all been very kind to Kagome on her first day. She really felt like she was fitting in…just like how it used to be. But on top of all the weirdness about reincarnations or whatever these people were, they were exactly the same as when she left them. Sango and Miroku SO had something…although they kept it as discrete as possible. Sango loved to hang around Kagome and show her around. Miroku wasn't AS perverted as when they first met him but he was still…Miroku. And Inu Yasha was…well…a little bit nicer to Kagome…well, about as nice as Inu Yasha gets. He still had his hot temper and “bad boy” attitude, but underneath it all, he was the same Inu Yasha who cared about her and protected her.
As she walked, Kagome adjusted the strap to her backpack. She could still see that the jewel was glowing. “This is so weird…”
“What is?!”
The voice came from behind her making her jump. She turned around hesitantly to find Inu Yasha walking behind her.
“Don't scare me like that!” She warned, pulling back her right arm to punch him.
“Feh, like you could!”
“SIT!”
-thud-
“You just never learn, do you?” She asked walking ahead.
“Hey!” He stood up and caught up to her. “All I wanted to do was walk you home…”
“Why?” She turned to face him. His cheeks turned a light crimson as he searched for a valid reason.
“Hah! You don't have one!” Kagome laughed.
“Sure I do! I just wanted to uh…make sure you got home alright…”
`Yup, still the same Inu Yasha…'
“So can I?”
Kagome thought about it for a sec then nodded her head. “I'd like that.”
The memories of Inu Yasha just refused to leave her…not that he was very different from this guy, but…it still was different…
----------
The end of the week had finally come. And what a long week it was. Kagome could already see which teachers she was going to like, which ones she wouldn't like, and the ones who she really just didn't care about. She finally decided that this new life of her's…was great. She got the best friends in the world without anything threatening them. No Kikyo to be jealous over. No Naraku trying to kill them. Kohaku was himself and the Wind Tunnel didn't exist. This was the kind of life that actually could lead to a happily ever after…
----------
“So…Kagome…do you have any crushes on anyone yet?” Sango and Kagome made their way through the halls that seemed slightly deserted. They had been a bit late leaving class and were now on their way to lunch.
“I guess so…I sort of do…” Kagome said bashfully clenching the books in her hand closer to her chest.
Sango stopped in her tracks. “I swear to Kami, I will tell no other soul. Please tell me who it is!”
Kagome smiled and waved her hand dismissively. “Please, I trust you more than anyone, Sango. I'll tell you who it is…”
“Who?”
Kagome's cheeks felt hot. “Uhh…Inu…. Yasha?” She said nervously.
Sango smiled. “Really?! That is so…KAWAII!” She wrapped her arms around Kagome. “You guys would be the most PERFECT couple in HISTORY!”
Kagome smiled and hugged Sango back. “We…would be?”
Sango let go of her friend smiling. “Of course! Oh my gosh…hold on, I have to play match maker here…” She said coolly. “Not to worry, Kagome…I'm sure you two will find yourselves together…soon enough…” She gave one last squeal then walked off, leaving a confused Kagome behind.
----------
Kagome walked into the house cheerfully. She ran up the stairs to her bedroom before her mom even got to find out why she was so chipper. Kagome set her backpack down on her bed and pulled out some homework for science class. She pulled out a book from her bag and opened it up to a certain page.
“I can't do homework when I have this weird thing crowding my mind…” She said holding the jewel up to her face. It began to glow causing her to gasp.
“What is going on?” She took the necklace off her neck and inspected the jewel.
“Why is it glowing?” The jewel slipped out of her hands and rolled onto the floor, stopping after it had hit something familiar. Kagome stood up from her perch and walked over to the shikon no tama in some shock.
“What is this?” She stepped closer to see a picture. The blank side of the picture was showing. Kagome picked up the paper and flipped it over to see a picture of her and Inu Yasha…fighting in the camera booth.
“I…I don't remember bringing this with me…” She could feel tears cloud her eyes as she tried to speak. She picked the shikon no tama back up and could see it was glowing still. A tear rolled down her cheek and hit the floor as she fell to her knees feeling so helpless.
Kagome gasped as she heard a knock at the window. She quickly wiped her tears away and hid the picture in her pocket. Tying the necklace back onto her neck, she made her way over to the window.
“Hey, Kagome…”
That familiar voice…she sighed and pulled back the curtains.
“Yeah?” She asked surprised to see none other than the hanyou staring back at her. “Wh…what are you doing here?” She asked nervously.
“I came by with a message from Sango…” He started, “can I come in?”
Kagome stood there. Then finally being hit with realization, she nodded and opened the window. “What does Sango want?”
“She's having this little party this weekend and wanted to invite you. I don't know…she just thought it would be cool if you came.” He shrugged and handed her an invitation. Kagome took the invitation gratefully and read over it.
“I'd be happy to go. Will you be there?” She asked Inu Yasha.
“Feh, of course dumb ass! Why wouldn't I be?”
Kagome shrugged. “I don't know…I thought you weren't her friend…”
“Well I am” He corrected her snobbishly. He looked up sniffing the air. “It smells really salty in here…were you crying about something?”
“Huh? Oh…”
`Why did she have to be such a bad liar?'
“Y-yeah…”
“What about?” Inu Yasha asked curiously.
“It…it's nothing…really…I'm fine now!” She said giving him a fake smile.
“Feh, whatever. Like I buy that smile. But since I really couldn't care less about you, I'm just going to leave now…. see you at the party!” He said jumping out the window.
“See you…” She glanced back down at the invitation. “Tonight?! Ach!” She turned. “I have about three hours to get ready and convince my mom to let me go…” She sighed. “Damn that Inu Yasha!