InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ With or Without You ❯ Time of my Life ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-With or Without You-
 
Disclaimer- I don't own anyone from Inu Yasha. You got a problem with it? Well so do I so there really ain't anything you can do about it except sue my Texan ass! WEEE!
 
A/N: YAY! Thank you for reviewing, those who did! This chapter I was so exited to write! I promise you guys will LOVE it! I forgot to tell you guys that you can ask questions in your reviews and I'll answer them in my updates. Like, Kokoro-and-Rei asked me if Shippo would be in this fic, my answer…
You'll just have to find out… Anycrap, ONTO THE CHAPTER!
 
Chapter 6-Time of My Life
 
Ms. Higurashi took one last glance at the mansion through the window of her car. “Are you sure this is her house, Kagome?” Kagome read the invitation over again and nodded.
“Yup!” She opened her door and stepped out of the car. “I'll be back tomorrow, mom.” Kagome waved goodbye before taking off inside the huge house that sat ahead of her. She walked up to the door and rang the doorbell.
“Just a sec, Kagome!” She heard Sango call from an open window on the third floor of the house.
As she waited for Sango to answer the door, Kagome looked down at the clothes she chose. A pink and black Sex Pistols shirt with a pink and black skirt. Her hair was done up in a messy bun and she wore her black and pink, low top Converse. `You can do this, Kagome. It's just a party with all your dead friends…' Kagome took a deep breath as she heard Sango approach the door.
“Kagome! I'm so glad you're the first one here!” Sango gripped her arm and pulled Kagome inside, quickly closing the door behind her. “Do I look alright? I feel like I'm missing something…” Sango asked moving her hands so Kagome had a full view of her outfit. Sango was wearing a black and red lace up corset with a plain black denim skirt which reached her mid thighs. She had black boots with a tiny heel on them and her hair was down.
“You look adorable.” Kagome assured her.
Sango smiled. “Thanks, Kagome. You look nice too.”
Kagome smiled and followed Sango into the kitchen. “Whoa! This room is bigger than my house!” Kagome gasped entering the dimly lit room. Across the hall was a dining room with a chandelier hanging above a large oak table. So it was pretty obvious now, Sango had a lot of money.
“Kagome…” Sango started.
“Yeah?” She asked turning back to Sango.
“Hey, umm…well I didn't invite a lot of people, but do you think you can kind of help me keep track of everyone and stuff?” She asked. Kagome patted her shoulder.
“Of course, Sango!”
-------------
The doorbell rang again, letting Kagome know that the five hundredth person had finally arrived.
“Hello! You're Kagome, right?” The short brown-haired boy who stood at the door asked as Kagome opened it.
“Y-yeah” Kagome said somewhat shocked that people were still coming to the party. The boy pushed passed her to go talk to a few of his friends who were invited as well. Kagome sighed. There had been over fifty people at this party and still; she could not find Inu Yasha. She turned from the door and walked back to Sango.
Sango and Miroku were talking about who knows what when Kagome approached them. Miroku wore twill hoop legged pants with and a long sleeved AC DC shirt.
“Yeah…umm…sorry to interrupt, Sango…but have you seen Inu Yasha anywhere?” She asked loudly so Sango could hear her over the music. Sango glanced at a clock on the mantle over the fireplace. “Nine o-clock, yeah…he's here. I saw him come in a couple hours ago.” Sango yelled over the music
“Good, do you know where he might be?” Kagome tried not to sound impatient, but she really wanted to find him. Miroku leaned over and whispered something in Sango's ear just before she could speak.
A smile crept up through her lips. “I…I think he's in my room, upstairs.” She looked at Miroku who shared the same mirthful smile as she.
Kagome nodded in understanding. “Thanks, Sango.”
------------
Kagome noticed, as she reached the third floor of the house, that the music was not as loud. This made her somewhat happy. All the constant searching for Inu Yasha mixed with that loud techno crap could give anyone a headache.
“Well…I don't exactly know where Sango's room is…” She rolled her eyes searching in all the hundred doors there were in this house. She opened a door that led to a dark room. She couldn't see anything period. She sighed aggravated as she leaned against the wall and slid down it. “I'm not going to find him anywhere in this maze of a house…” Kagome gasped. “Oh, crap! Where did Sango say the bathroom on this floor was?” She looked around the room eying an open door. “Ah-ha!” She ran into the room and shut the door behind her happy she found it.
She opened the door to see that the dark room was now lit. “So, this might be Sango's room?” She asked looking around.
“What are you doing in here?” A familiar voice growled in an annoyed tone. It had come from the other side of Sango's bed, the side she couldn't see.
“Inu Yasha?” She asked walking around to him.
He rolled his eyes. “Yeah?”
Kagome made her way over to him and knelt down beside him. He had hidden his head under Sango's blankets that hung over the side of her bed. She could see his outfit. He wore red spike cargo pants and a Lost Prophets shirt.
“Why aren't you downstairs enjoying the party?” She tried to pull the blankets off his head but he growled and dug himself even further in them. She gave him an angry glare, not that he could see it, but she still gave him one. Standing up, Kagome folded her arms across her chest. “Come on, Inu Yasha…why are you hiding from me, I know that it's you under there!”
“That's not the point idiot! I don't want anyone to see me!” His voice was mumbled slightly but she still understood what he said.
She looked out the window to see that it was a moonless night and gasped. `That's right, he's a human tonight' Kagome smiled. What was it about his human side that she liked so much? She knelt down by him once again and gently spoke as she removed the covers from his head. “Inu Yasha…you don't have to hide it from me, I'm your friend, alright…” Her smile grew wider when she laid eyes upon the black-haired Inu Yasha.
“What are you so happy about? Are you going to laugh now? Well laugh away, wench! It's what everyone else does!” He scoffed angrily. Kagome sighed warmly. `Just like Inu Yasha…'
“No…I mean…it's alright! So what if you're human for ONE night? Why does it matter so much? Everyone else is human?” It did puzzle her that he would be so angered by his human side when…his demon side is what set him apart and made him an outcast. No one in this age was a demon.
He stood up keeping the gruff expression on his face. “Because, this is the only night I am human. Don't you think people will be asking why I'm not this way in the morning?”
“Well yeah…but it shouldn't change their views on you.” Kagome stood up by him.
“Well it does! Just like the fact that my hair is silver and I have dog ears! People don't look past appearances anymore, and I can't think of a time when they did! You see a human, you smile and wave. But if you see a half demon, you just stay the hell away from them!” He barked angrily as if he was taking his anger out on Kagome.
“That doesn't make it your fault, Inu Yasha. You were born a half demon. There's nothing you could have done to change it.” Her tone was still gentle. She didn't want to make him more upset than he already was.
He let out a loud scoff and plopped down on Sango's bed. “How would you know?! You are human! You get to live the perfect life with no one judging you! You have a crowd to fit in with. You have people who want to be your friends for reasons other than how sorry they feel for you.” Kagome could feel her heart tear slightly from her chest.
“Inu Yasha…I wanted to be your friend. And so do Sango and Miroku. We love you, Inu Yasha!” She sat down next to him but kept her gaze on the bed. “I know…what it's like because…I just…I used to have a half demon friend and he…reminds me a lot of you…” She looked up and met his eyes. His face reddened and he turned away from her.
“Thanks…” He said quietly.
Kagome smiled and rested her head on his shoulder. “No problem.”
His blush returned to his cheeks as he looked down at Kagome. `Damnit…there's that weird feeling again…'
“H…hey, Kagome…”
She got off his shoulder and turned to face him. “Yeah?”
“Do you…er…have I ever met you before? Like, do we…know each other from somewhere?”
Kagome sat up and concern glazed her eyes. `Is he really just like how he was when I left him?' “It's a possibility…why do you ask?”
“I just get this odd feeling around you, like I know you…”
She smiled. “Oh, well, that's weird! Maybe we've met before and I just don't remember it.” She looked out a window in Sango's room. “Hey, I think a bunch of the kids are leaving.” She turned back to Inu Yasha. “Do you feel okay going downstairs now?”
He stood up off the bed and smiled. “Yeah, I guess.”
Kagome reached out her arm, and grabbed his hand in her's. “Well, then lets go.” She and Inu Yasha marched out the room together.
-------------
Kagome was right, the number of people at the party had decreased by at least two thirds. By this time, Kagome could recognize everyone there. Koga, Kikyo, Ayame, Jakotsu, Bankotsu, Kagura, Sango, Miroku, and Inu Yasha were the only people left. `Of course! It has to be everyone from the feudal era!'
“Oh, so good to see you two again…” Sango chirped from her spot on the floor. Everyone had formed a circle around a bottle. “You guys came just in time to join our little…” She turned to Miroku then back to Kagome smiling malevolently, “game.” She finished.
“Sango, honestly!” Inu Yasha complained. “Do we have to play some game like this?!” He looked over at Jakotsu and shuttered slightly at his smile.
Kagome smiled. “It's not that bad.” She grabbed Inu Yasha's hand again and found a spot in the circle for them. Sango followed behind them and sat down by Miroku. They smiled at each other.
“Since Kagome is the newest addition to this game, why don't we let her spin?” Miroku asked sliding the bottle over to her.
Kagome blushed as she spun the bottle and saw it land on Koga. “Uhh…” `Great! Well, at least Inu Yasha has nothing to kill him with!'
“Good, now how this works, Kagome since you weren't here for the rules, is you and Koga are going to go in the closet and do whatever you want for any amount of time under seven minutes. You want to talk, great. You want to make-out, even better. It's your choice! This way we don't have to worry when people land on the same genders….” Sango said as Kagome and Koga made their way to the closet.
`Damn…that stupid jerk is bound to put his hands all over her…' Inu Yasha thought to himself with a little bit of rage escaping the look on his face.
“What's the matter, Inu Yasha? Are you jealous of Koga?” Jakotsu asked as he and Bankotsu laughed at the hanyou.
“NO!” He snapped angrily.
“Sounds like some one is…” Sango rolled her eyes as Kikyo and Kagura started to giggle slightly. Miroku only smiled at his friend.
“No big deal, Inu Yasha! If the same happened to Sango, I can see how I would get angry easily.” Miroku assured him.
“Feh, whatever!” Inu Yasha scoffed as Kagome and Koga came out of the closet.
“So, Koga goes next, right?” Ayame inquired.
Sango nodded and smiled as Kagome took a seat in between Sango and Inu Yasha.
Koga took the bottle and spun it. It landed right in between Ayame and Jakotsu. “Well, looks like it's you and me, Koga!” Ayame said cheerfully grabbing his hands and taking him into the closet.
------------
The game continued and no one really interested in each other got to go together. Ayame and Koga were probably the only exceptions to this. Once it had been about midnight, most of the people left leaving Kagome, Inu Yasha, Sango, and Miroku in the house alone.
“I'm surprised it's not as messy as I thought it would be.” Miroku said helping Sango and the others clean up.
“Yeah, remember my last party? That one was a nightmare!” Sango said picking up the last of the trash. “Well, what do you guys want to do now?” She sighed and sat down on the ground.
“Truth or dare?” Miroku suggested sitting down by her. Kagome and Inu Yasha joined them.
“Sure, why not?” Sango shrugged. “You go first, Miroku.”
He smiled and closed his eyes to think of something. “Alright, Inu Yasha…truth or…dare?” He asked emphasizing the last word.
“I'm no chicken ya idiot! Dare!”
Miroku smiled at this. “I dare you to…” He looked around the house for something to do. “…go streaking across Sango's yard.”
Inu Yasha bonked him on the head.
“I thought you said you weren't a chicken!” Miroku rubbed the spot where Inu Yasha hit him.
“Yeah, but I'm not some streaker either!”
Giving in to defeat, Miroku sighed. “Fine, Sango…truth or dare?”
She rolled her eyes. “From what you told Inu Yasha to do, and knowing how perverted you are I'm going to go with…truth!”
Miroku mentally slapped himself. “Sango, how do you honestly feel about me?”
Her face turned red before she slapped him angrily. “What kind of question is that?!” She asked insulted.
Kagome smiled. “Maybe I should go…” She turned to face Inu Yasha, who sat right next to her. “Inu Yasha…truth or dare?”
“Truth!” He said scoffing.
“Okay, how many girlfriends have you had your entire life?”
Inu Yasha slumped back. “One…”
“No!” Sango interrupted. “You went out with me a lot of times, remember?!”
“Yeah, but you were more of my friend…then and you kind of never changed in my eyes.” He said shaking his head.
Kagome was a bit shocked. `He went out with…Sango?!'
“Alright, now…wench, it's my turn to ask you something!” Inu Yasha said turning to Kagome.
“Don't call me a wench! Sit!”
Nothing happened. She looked up at Inu Yasha who was just smiling at her. “Why didn't you fall?” She looked at his neck and noticed the rosary was gone. “Why…how did you take off the necklace?”
“Easy, you untie it! I'm not an idiot, alright!” He straightened his face and continued. “Anyway, truth or dare?”
She smiled competitively. As if she was competing to be known as the bravest of them. “Dare…”
“Alright…” He smirked and rubbed his chin. “I dare you to…uhh…
…kiss…me…” His cheeks were hot and red again as he quickly changed his mind about what he said.
“Uhh….” She looked at Sango who seemed to be squealing with joy and Miroku was just…joyful. “Al…right…” She looked back at Inu Yasha and leaned in towards him. Her cheeks were heating up as she decreased the size of the gap between their faces. Keeping her eyes on his lips, hoping not to miss, she slowly inched closer to him.
`Come on, Kagome. You can do this! You always wanted to do this so don't chicken out now!'
 
A/N: Ooooh…. I wonder what she will do…dum dum dum! Don't worry, you guys will find out in the next chapter. But right now, I'm going to make you wait! Hee hee. Evil me…anycrap, See ya next update! Please review!
-Jessi