InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yeah, He is ❯ When You Want Something Done Right, Sometimes You Need Help ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha.

Chapter 11: If You Want To Do Something Right, Sometimes You Need Help

"Hello?" Mysiu answered her cell phone. "Oh, hi Rudy!"

"Hey hon," came the voice on the other side, "how'd the appointment go?"

"Dad threw such a fit, they had to give him a sedative. Turns out he needs to take a few new medications. He wasn't too happy about it."

"So, things are pretty peaceful huh?"

"Yes, so, how did your little talk with Kagome go?" She asked cheerily.

"Well, that's part of why I called, she told me that you don't like them sleeping in the same bed."

"Yes, actually I don't like them even being in the same room, and it's getting harder and harder for me to keep them in their own rooms. Why? Did you convince her to finally listen to me?" She came to a stop. She was stuck in traffic, and could put more focus on her conversation for now.

"Actually, I called to tell you that you should lay off of them." He stated.

"Why would I do something like that?" If she hadn't already stopped, she might have wrecked the car.

"I'll go into detail later, but you have to understand that the two of them have an extremely close connection. Part of why they were acting like they had this morning. He's injured, and needs her around to help ease the emotional pain, and she feels that she should be there for that very reason. With them being separated, neither of them will be a joy to deal with." He let what he said sink in.

"Well, I guess I could be a little more understanding. What was the other thing you called about?" She wasn't sure what she should be thinking.

"I'm through with my meetings for the day, so I was going to go grocery shopping before I headed back. I just wanted to know if you had a preference for dinner tonight."

"Not really, though I would like you to pick up the stuff for sukiyaki, I want to make sure we have it whenever Inu Yasha is better."

"Okay, so your request is for sukiyaki?"

"That and tem cases of instant ramen. I used the last of what we had last night."

"Ten cases?" Surprise was evident in Kouga's voice.

"Well, yes, Inu Yasha alone goes through that in a week. Snacks, meals, and such."

"Man! Can that kid eat or what?" He was just joking around now.

"If that's all you wanted to talk about, I need to hang up, traffic is moving again." She inched forward with the slow flow of cars.

"See you at home. Kisses!"

"Same here. Love you. Bye." She hung up the phone and looked to her dozing father. "Maybe I should have asked about getting some of those for home use."

***

&nbspInu Yasha's stomach started growling a little after noon. He pulled the covers off of his head, and strained his ears to see if anyone was close by. Kouga had made it in about half an hour ago, and Mysiu would be home for a little while longer. He could hear Kouga, Trin, and Shippou outside. They were learning a few fighting moves. They were out too far to hear him move around or speak, but there was no way that he was going to shout to them for help. He shifted in the bed, moving the dead weight of his legs around. It looked like he was going to have to do things for himself. He swung his legs over the edge of the bed.

"Feh," he said out loud. "There's nothing to this, I'm perfectly fine." He pushed himself off the edge of the bed, fully expecting to stand, but only to have his legs crumple beneath him.

***

&nbspKagome had been on edge the entire morning. She was unable to concentrate in any of her classes, and had been snapping at her friends the entire time. She was now sitting under a tree in the schoolyard poking at the lunch that had been packed for her. She wanted desperately to go home for the time being, but she also knew that if she went, she would not return to school for the rest of the day.

"Kagome." One of her friends had decided to approach her.

"What do you want?" She was in no mood to talk.

"Well, the rest of the girls and I noticed that you were acting a little different today, and we also noticed that you didn't have your usual escort this morning. So we figured out that the two of you broke up, and we wanted to tell you that you should just put him behind you, and give Hojo a chance. You might feel better." Rage began to grow with each word that spilled from the girl's mouth. Kagome turned and tore into her unsuspecting friend.

"I don't want anything to do with that creep Hojo! You all need to just let me live my own life, and just get over yourselves!" She was about to go on further when she felt a pang in her chest. "Inu Yasha." She whispered, then took off towards her house, leaving all of her things under the tree.

&nbspKagome ran as fast as she could through the streets. When she reached the shrine, she passed right by the three demons in the middle of a training session, and straight upstairs into the Inu Yasha's room. She was horrified to find him collapsed onto the floor. She ran to his side, and propped him up so that his head rested against the side of the mattress on the bed.

"What on earth happened?" She was extremely concerned when she notice a small bump on his forehead. By this time, Kouga, Shippou, and Trin had joined them upstairs. Inu Yasha glared at them, then turned to Kagome and whispered something in her ear. Her eyes grew wide, and she had to hold back a small giggle. "Of course, I understand completely." She looked to the others in the room. "Rudy, we used to have a wheelchair just incase shine guests needed it, but it was packed into the storage area about ten years ago. Would you mind digging through there to see if you find it. I don't know why none of us thought of this sooner."

"Sure, no problem." He walked over to them. "Until then." He picked up Inu Yasha who immediately began sneezing. A queer look crossed Kouga's face.

"He's allergic to your cologne." Kagome pointed out. "And while you have him, could you take him down the hall instead of just placing him on the bed?" The reasoning behind her question sunk in.

"I hate having to be treated like a child!" Inu Yasha spat between sneezes.

"Then you should just rest like Kaede said. Who knows how you doing this is going to affect you?" Concern and worry laced her harsh tone.

&nbspAbout an hour later, Inu Yasha was in a wheelchair scarfing down ramen. Both his and Kagome's moods vastly improved, but that was about to be interrupted. An extremely angry Mysiu stormed into the house.

"Kagome! I know that you're here, and I want to know why!" All Kagome could do is let out a quiet squeak of both surprise and fear.

&nbspInu Yasha noticed the shift in Kagome's scent as she stepped to the other side of his chair to use him as a shield. He too noticed the anger in Mrs. Higurashi's tone. It was then that he realized the time. All he had been concerned with previously was being with Kagome and was all to happy to be in her presence once again.

"Inu Yasha had an accident." Kagome pleaded as the older woman came into the doorway.

"I know and we discussed that!" She yelled at her daughter. Kouga came up behind the enraged female and put his hands on her shoulders.

"No, he had another one today." His statement seemed to ease her a little. She turned her attention to her own demon.

"There are procedures for checking her out you know." Shippou and Trin entered the area as she said this.

"What's with the old man?" She asked casually. Kouga glared at his daughter, and Shippou better explained the situation.

"The thing is, we didn't know about it until Kagome came running into the house." This only confused the mother further.

"All I missed was gym and art. There shouldn't be too much of a problem." Kagome offered. Though speaking was not her wisest choice at the moment. Her mother glared at her.

"We'll discuss this later. I'm too tired to argue right now." Mysiu rubbed her temples. "I'm going to take a nap. Rudy, could you pick Sota up this afternoon?" Kouga nodded at her statement, and ushered her upstairs. Trin watched them go, then turned to Kagome.

"Boy, are you gonna get it when she wakes up." She gave an evil smirk and casually strolled into the livingroom to bother Grandpa, who's sedative was just wearing off. Shippou walked past a dumbstruck Inu Yasha, and attempted to comfort Kagome.

"Don't worry, everything's gong to be okay." He patted Kagome's arm. Then, to everyone's surprise, Inu Yasha pulled her into his lap and placed his head on her shoulder.

"Feh, she's not mad, just worried and frustrated, and I could kinda understand." With that, he gave her a gentle hug and just held her. Shippou just stared at the two and silently wished that he had never gotten any bigger, so he could have been sitting in Kagome's lap.