InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yeah, He is ❯ Two Demons And A Hanyou ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha.

Chapter10 : Two Demons And A Hanyou

Once he was fully awake, Inu Yasha became irritated by the fact he was still paralyzed. Not even on a human night had he ever felt so helpless. He just sat up with his arms crossed, grumbling to himself. He turned his head to the door when he heard the hinges creak. Kagome came in carrying a tray.

"Here's breakfast." She smiled and set it on his lap. Some of the droplets from her still damp hair fell onto the comforter. Inu Yasha just had a depressed look on his face while he poked the yolk of one egg with a fork. This made her feel horrible. "Don't look so down, things could be worse." This statement caused him to drop the fork and look Kagome dead in the eye with a defiant expression.

"How could they be worse?" His voice slowly rose with frustration and anger. "I'm paralyzed, living in the same territory as my biggest rival, who treats me like a kid, and being forced to have children look after me!" He looked away from her for a moment. "And the worst part is, I won't be near you." He huffed and pushed his food away. "I'm not hungry." He flat out refused to look at her.

"Fine." She picked up the tray and walked out. "Hopefully you'll be in a better mood when I get home." She stormed out leaving the pouting hanyou to himself.

***

"What is this gathering that you speak of?" Miroku questioned, following it with a sip of tea.

"That is not to be discussed at this time." Kagura answered. "All you need to know is that many demons will be converging upon this small village within the next cycle of the moon. That, and you must do your very best to keep Inu Yasha away." With that she and Kanna left the hut and flew away on Kagura's feather.

"Demons in the village. This could be good or bad." Kaede pointed out.

"And why must we keep Inu Yasha away?" Sango asked.

"Once that question is answered, we have to think of how we would manage such a feat." Miroku countered. Sango hung her head.

"That means we have to wait to tell them the news." She sighed. Miroku placed a hand on her shoulder.

"We've already waited an eternity, what's another few weeks?"

***

"He is acting like such a child!" Kagome slammed the tray of uneaten food onto the counter. Kouga was getting himself a cup of coffee when she was having her outburst. Mrs. Higurashi was busy washing dishes when she saw the look of aggravation on her daughter's face.

"Kagome, can I give you a ride to school? It's on my way." Kouga offered.

"That's okay, I can walk." She huffed.

"No, I don't think you understand. There's something I need to talk to you about, and it is probably best if you hear it as soon as possible." Kouga had a serious look on his face. Mysiu looked at him questioningly. "I'll tell you later." He whispered in her ear, and kissed her on the cheek. He and Kagome walked out the door and headed for the car. She sat in the back as he took the driver's seat.

"What is so important that you need to talk to me about it?" Her mood had not lightened one bit.

"How close have you and Inu Yasha come to being mates?" He asked casually as he started the car. The question caught her off-guard.

"What?" Her eyes were wide.

"I guess the best way to ask is, what have you shared? No, that's not right." He pulled out of the driveway. "What I mean is, I see that you aren't marked, but some of your behavior suggests otherwise." A blush crept across Kagome's cheeks.

"Well, you remember what was going on when we last saw you, five hundred years ago?"

"Yes." He answered. She bowed her head.

"When I first became trapped in Inu Yasha's body, we were able to see one another, and I guess you could say that we became 'soul mates,' but other than that, nothing physical has happened between us." She was rather uncomfortable talking about it, and it was taking all of her self restraint to keep from yelling at Kouga for asking such a personal question.

"Do you two sleep in the same bed?" He eyed her through the rearview mirror.

"Sometimes, but Mom doesn't like it when we do." She was now staring at him. All these questions seemed to be going anywhere. She was the one doing most of the talking.

"I'll talk to her about that." He stated. "Now, I know that you are aggravated, and think that Inu Yasha is acting like a child, but there is a reason for all of that."

"Like what?" She asked skeptically.

"The two of your are as close to being mates that you can be without actually having mated. You have the connection, you just haven't solidified it. So, you have all of the emotions that go along with it. Which in your case is a good thing, otherwise you would be a lot harder to deal with right now." He told her.

"Me? What do I have to do with anything?"

"Like I said, you have the link. Right now, your mate is injured. He's acting like a child because he currently feels like you are abandoning him, even though he consciously knows that you are not. You are feeling angry and agitated because you are being forced away from him. I swear, if you two were full mates. You would refuse to even let anyone in the same room with the two of you until he was fully healed. The same would go if it was the other way around. Good luck to any doctor that may need to help you if you were to hurt yourself." Kouga stopped the car. "Well, this is your stop, and make sure you don't accidentally maim any of your friends, okay?" Kagome nodded, and stepped from the car. Before shutting the door, she poked her head in one last time.

"Thanks Kouga." She smiled.

"Call me Rudy, that old name carries too many bad memories."

"Okay, bye Rudy!" With that, she shut the door.

***

"Good morning!" Trin's voice was unusually cheerful as she greeted Inu Yasha. All she received in response was a low angry growl. A slightly less frightened Shippou entered the room behind her.

"Uhh, Trin, I don't think we should be bothering him right now." Shippou knew Inu Yasha's moods a little better than she did, but Trin took it in stride.

"Nonsense, how are we going to take care of him if we aren't here? Besides, it's not like he's going to chase us out." Trin was the only one laughing at her slightly cruel joke.

"Why aren't you at school?" Inu Yasha growled in agitation.

"Me?" Trin asked. "I was home schooled. Then, I scared off every tutor I've ever had, so I just hang around at home until Dad is through with whatever it is he does all day." She walked over and sat on Inu Yasha's bed.

"Trin, I wouldn't do that." Shippou warned.

"If you need something to do, go teach Shippou how to read." Inu Yasha kept his back to the two demons.

"And how do you expect me to do that?" Trin asked haughtily.

"Under the bed." Inu Yasha grumbled, then pulled the covers over his head. The action caused Trin to fall off of the bed.

"Ow! Hey!" She shouted while rubbing her bottom.

"If you ask me, I think you got off easy." Shippou stated quietly, and began digging under the bed. "Hey!" He piped as he slipped under it completely. Some rustling was heard, then, two boxes came out from underneath the piece of furniture, followed by Shippou clad in the dreaded pink outer shirt. "How do I look?" He asked as he stood up and puffed out his chest. Trin giggled.

"A little dusty, but otherwise, like a total dork." She pushed him to the side and looked in the boxes. She looked in the first one and pulled out one of the DVDs. "These haven't even been opened yet." She exclaimed. A low growl came from underneath the covers on the bed.

Shippou knew exactly what it meant.

"And I think they should stay that way." He got into the other box. "These look a little bit like those books that Kagome used to bring with her." Trin pushed the box of DVDs back under the bed, and joined Shippou at the other box.

"Hey, this is that special reading program for little kids." She dug through the objects in the box.

"Yeah, so?" Shippou asked.

"I guess it gives us something to do, though I would rather play video games." She considered something for a moment. "Then again, if you learn how to read, you should be able to play without me having to tell you quite so many things."

"I don't care what you two do, just get out!" Inu Yasha roared and threw a pillow in their direction. Shippou grabbed the box and ran out while Trin took her sweet time. "By the way, why did you have such an ugly shirt under your bed?" This only got her a very aggressive growl from Inu Yasha as she shut the door behind herself.

"So, are you going to help me learn how to read, or what?" Shippou asked her.

"Sure, it's not like I have anything better to do." They headed downstairs to start the lesson.

***

"Where did he go?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, that I can't sense his aura anymore."

"Maybe you killed him."

"You know he would have passed through here if that were true."

"Think what you want, I still believe it has something to do with the girl."

"I will prove that she is nothing more than a mortal human."

"Fine, but I hope you know that your puppet Naraku's offspring are starting the rally against you."

"I'm so frightened. The battle of the lesser evil."

"You think too highly of yourself."

"Only because I'm the most powerful being in the universe!"

"Hah! If you're so powerful, why don't you have your own body? Why are you stuck here with me?"

"I said universe, not cosmos! Besides, I will have a body soon enough, and then I will be rid of you and this torturous place."

"Fine, whatever you say, almighty being of the universe."

"Don't be sarcastic, it's unbecoming of you."

"If I still had a tongue, I would be sticking it out at you right now."

"If you had a tongue, I would cut it out."

"Wouldn't be the first time, now would it?"

"Fool."

"Bastard."