InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yeah, He is ❯ Enter The Demons ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 28: Enter The Demons

“So, I’ll wait here while you bring through some of the other demons.” Kouga recapped.

“And I’ll stay here until the last one comes through.” Inu Yasha added dryly.

“That’s right.” Kagome confirmed.

“I don’t know how I’m going to explain this to your mother.” Kouga shook his head, and rubbed his temples.

“You won’t have to.” Inu Yasha stated. “She’ll be to busy helping you keep the old man off of them to argue.” This received a small giggle from most of the group.

“Well,” Duncan interrupted. “let’s get this over with.” With that, Kagome hugged Inu Yasha and the group jumped down the well. Kouga and Inu Yasha stood silently and waited for the first of the their guests to arrive.

888

“And you promise Rin will be safer there?” Sesshoumaru questioned.

He had taken Kagome aside to speak to her privately after she had explained the danger that was approaching.

“I do.” Kagome nodded in confirmation. The demon lord closed his eyes and rubbed his chin as though he were deep in thought.

“I will go.” He stated. “For her sake, but only if you allow my one condition.”

“What is it?” She asked.

“You will keep Jaken here.” She hadn’t known it was possible for his face to be any more serious looking than it usually was. “He’s low on the demon power scale, so I doubt they could do much with him. Still, he has more knowledge of things than even I give him credit for. That, and you can send him to get me if things get out of hand.”

“I promise.” Kagome agreed. “But we need to hurry.”

“I am trusting Rin’s future to you.” He turned an strode back to the waiting group.

Kagome quickly followed to help them all prepare.

888

“What’s taking so long?” Inu Yasha paced in front of the well.

“As convincing as Kagome can be, would you easily believe her if you hadn’t already known her as well as you do?” Kouga asked.

“What the hell did you just say?” Inu Yasha quirked an eyebrow at the demon in front of him.

“All I’m saying, if someone you’ve only met in passing suddenly comes to you and says ‘Hi, I’m really from the future, and I need to take you there to keep history in tact.’ would you believe them right away?” He pointed out. Inu Yasha took a moment to think about it.

“I would have thought they were nuts.” He answered honestly. “Then again, I didn’t do too much talking with humans in the first place, so I probably would have ignored them.”

“So, you get my point now?”

“I hate to say it, but you do.” Inu Yasha growled. “And it really pisses me off.”

“Don’t worry, at your age, I wouldn’t have understood it either.” The older man put his hands behind his head and closed his eyes. “It’s a knowledge that comes with age.”

“Hey!” Inu Yasha got in Kouga’s face. “I’m just as old as you are!”

He opened only one eye to look at the angered hanyou.

“Only if you count birthdates, but you tend to forget, while you jump through five hundred years, I’ve already lived them, thus making me your superior.”

“Why do I keep forgetting that?” Inu Yasha flopped to the ground and crossed his arms in frustration.

“Your instincts still see me as the same threat from all that time ago, for you it’s only been a few months, for me a few centuries. Though your mind may understand the concept, your physical self still has trouble understanding it.”

“When the hell did you get so smart?” Inu Yasha asked.

“I lived through the age of enlightenment, and Einstein. You think I wouldn’t pick something up, or at least go to school?” Kouga brought his hands down and crossed them over his chest. “Besides, Trin is such a smart-ass that I have to stay ahead of the curb to keep her from gaining the upper hand.”

“I’ve noticed.” Inu Yasha let out under his breath. His ears perked up when he heard a slight noise from the well. He jumped up and looked over the edge. Kagome stood next to Jinenji smiling brightly.


888

“Sango?” Kohaku asked. “Are you sure you want me to go? I would really like to stay here.”

“I know, but I’ve already lost you twice. I don’t want to risk losing you for a final time.” She said. Everyone was standing around the well, awaiting their turn. Shippo was busy begging Miroku to let him stay, and Kohaku had pulled Sango aside to basically do the same thing.

“Even you said that it was only the demons that had to worry.” He argued. “I would gladly risk my life, if I could risk it fighting beside you. It’s something I’ve never had the chance to really do.”

“I know.” Sango said breathlessly. She embraced her brother. “This is something you really need to do isn’t it?”

“Yes.” He whispered as he hugged her back. “I don’t think I can ever forgive myself for what happened, but please let me try.”

“If this is what it will take, I don’t see how I could stop you.”

888

Thanks go out to inuyashaloverr , BiggestInuyashaFANever , and Keiko Farwind for reviewing!